Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,088 reviews matching the search
Lively food and beverage job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2017
Starbucks was a good introduction to the intense coffee culture around the world. I changed locations half way through my Starbucks career in hopes of getting more hours at work. Each location I had an amazing team to work with (which is really important) and a solid management team to back me up.
fun place to work! very fast paced
Barista (Current Employee) –  Bc23 April 2017
I enjoy my job and do love coming to work, however can get very stressful within the fast paced environments especially during rushes. Depends where you work, management varies from store to store but i have been lucky to love mine. overall amazing benefits, fun work environment.
Great environment and health benefits
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 April 2017
Great work environment, great health benefits. Physically demanding, on your feet, ect, pay is not the best but the health benefits make up for it. Flexible hours to school or other commitments.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
A typical day at Starbucks is a day filled with fun. The people are great and so are the customers. Working at Starbucks I learned many skills, such as, time management, leadership, working with others and problem solving. The management at Starbucks is great, management is always willing to help you out and teach you new skills. The culture of the workplace is one of community. Working alongside other employees and interacting with customers feels like we are all one big community. The hardest part of the job is getting enough time to converse with your regular customers, there are so many, and they are all great. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely interacting with customers.
Pros
Free partner beverages
Cons
Great part-time job while in school
Barista (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 April 2017
Starbucks is a great and fun place to work for the time being, and it has been an awesome learning experience for me. I love meeting new people and getting to know all of our regular customers.
Pros
Discount, connections with customers
Cons
Short staff
Fun workplace but has a few cons
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2017
Starbucks was fun to work at and had great coworkers. Requires a decent manager and supervisors or else your experience there will be less than satisfactory. I was able to improve my communication skills and develop my skills thanks to my first manager at the store. However, the manager that took over refused to do his job properly. Lots of responsibilities and problems were left to the supervisors due to his laziness. Store was a constant mess due to the manager refusing to clean/do his part/

Pros:
Great coworkers
Fun place to work and meet new people
Everyone is friendly

Cons:
Management can either be great or awful. No in between
Store cleanliness can be a problem
Unstable hours
Great company, great benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
It is a lot to work for Starbucks. The company and it's ideals and culture are phenomenal, but it is still in the food service, and all that entails. Applicants are not always looking for a career, just for a "fun job" that can make it a difficult place to manage.
Pros
free drinks, discounts
Cons
food service industry
Great work environment to improve your customer service skills
Barista (Former Employee) –  1420 Major MacKenzie Dr W19 April 2017
• Greet customers with a smile, provide exceptional customer service.
• Present customers with information on popular coffee blends, food items and other products; assessing needs and converting inquiries into sales.
• Provide and demonstrate positive feedback and encourage coaching that is needed for all partner improvements.
• Handle cash tender when operating cash register and drive-through.
• Approach any and all inquiries in a patient and attentive manner without further escalation; providing a calming presence.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Low advancement opportunity, little hours
it was a good work place to be in at times
Barista (Former Employee) –  3967 Lawrence av east19 April 2017
it was a good work environment the staff where nice and help full at times when i need help the most

i kinda liked it at times
there was a lot of things to do in my work place
Pros
some staff did not need hellp when i asked
Cons
it was ok
Poor management, unreliable
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC19 April 2017
Poor management - manager was condescending and rude
Team members were fun to work with
Learned team leadership skills
Poor workplace culture
Made specialty drinks and served food
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2017
great company. excellent management. admirable culture. hard work. awesome benefits. good salary for management. lots of opportunities for advancement.
Excellent place to work
Supervisor and Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
Meet awesome people and there are great benefits to working with this company like bean stock, free drinks on shift, staff discounts, free coffee every week and even part time employees are eligible for health benefits.
Pros
lots of job perks
Cons
Fast-paced, can be stressful
Fun work environment with terrible pay
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
The job position as a barista is fun and interesting but the pay is too low for the quality and quantity of work. Staff of Starbucks show next level service compared to other fast food establishments and should be payed as such.
Great environment and great people
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
I love working with starbucks its one of the best part-time jobs I've had. Very accommodating with school and other commitments. It's a great fast paced environment and you get to work with amazing people.
Fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
In this job I was able to learn the values of customer service, and work to promote good service. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with a team, and constantly meet new people.
Pros
Fun work environment
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philippines15 April 2017
This is a second place away from home.
good people, management is good, compensation, the benefits are, the work place,the culture, how they take care of their people, customer and the farmers.
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
Fun place to work, but management needs a lot of improvement
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 April 2017
I worked at two starbucks locations. Both were fun to work at, my co-workers for the most part were great but management was not. Were not flexible with scheduling as I am a student. Very unpleasant to talk to as well when you had an issue that needed resolving. But overall I loved working with everyone and enjoyed serving customers the best product that I could provide for them.
Pros
Coffee and pastry tastings
Cons
No flexibility with sceduling
Great Job, Horrible Manager
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 April 2017
I got fired from Starbucks due to a injury. I loved the job and getting to meet new people each day made my day. the looks people got when you handed them that fresh cup of coffee or tea was exhilarating.
Great Company, needs to keep an eye on their manager choices.
Retail Sales Associate/Barista (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
Everything was great except my manager. The company itself is amazing. Benefits are great, partner resources are incredible. I probably would never leave if it weren't for an awful manager who didn't follow Starbucks standards for employee treatment and knew how to do her job.
Pros
Great benefits, free drinks, 30% discount, amazing partner resources.
Cons
Management is hit and miss to make or break your overall enjoyment of the job, fairness, hours, etc.
Had the full barista experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
I learned how to make all drinks, serve customers, work a drive thru, deal with heavy volume of customers. Hardest part was the consistent rush with no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2