Starbucks Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Loved it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
Was one of the best jobs I have had. I met life long friends that i will stay connected with the culture and the people are second to none. The work isn't easy but work never is The people and the culture make it all worth it!
Productive and fun work place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2017
Productive and fun work place , great customer service, I really enjoy working and feel like I do change in my neighborhood that makes every customer happy by giving the perfect cup of coffee.
fast paced
General Manager - Barista (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 September 2017
Very corporate feel. All stores are very consistent, working in a few of them through training & meetings was definitely well organized. Expectations of sales of team were set a little high & would effect team morale at some point and upset customers at points because some of their standard targets are unrealistic for management to hit. Training program was intensive & great someone could do the online training & easily start right away with a good idea of their job.

District management is very hard to please. Store managers were fantastic everyone joined together as a team to help each other to accomplish goals.
Pros
great consistency
Cons
unrealistic goals
Environnement de travai
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 September 2017
Le travail d'équipe toujours une priorité pour l'entreprise.
Pros
Toujours plein de Rabais
Cons
Très achalande
very fast pace work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 September 2017
Typical day at work was quite hectic as the airport is always busy. I have learned to work under stress and be fast and effective. Management was good, always helpful. Workplace culture was quite diverse, which is very nice. Hardest part of the job was to start work at 4:00 am in the morning.. and if i had to do the closing shifts then there was no specific time to close the store due to flight delays. Our store had to stay open during delays. Most enjoyable part of the job was to try new Starbucks beverages and sharing the experience with customers when they asked me which beverage they should buy!
Pros
discounts
Cons
difficult shift timings
Fun, fulfilling place to work at
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 September 2017
Fairly easy job, can get very busy during periods of high volume, but having a great team helps.

I learned a lot about coffee and how to make espresso based drinks. A typical day involves taking orders, making drinks, cleaning and restocking supplies. Hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for hours at a time. Management and workplace culture are great and friendly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while working, and the benefits are great as well.
Working at Starbucks
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 September 2017
Starbucks felt like a regular corporate fast food gig. There was a lot of management in different tiers to create a environment of repeatable experience for customers. There was no individuality or creativity. However, for a basic job it did come with okay benefits if you opted into them. The pay was dismal but it was pretty basic work. If you worked hard there were plenty of opportunities for advancement. With all jobs like this, you aren't getting satisfaction with your work so it is important to like your coworkers. Otherwise, it'll be pretty mind numbing.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No creativity or individuality
Very fun and nurturing environment.
Starbucks trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
What i love about working at starbucks is the fact that it is part of our job to connect to people, talking to them asking them how they are. It is just so rewarding to work in a place where you can start friendships that will last a lifetime from total strangers.
Pros
Free drinks while working, mark-outs every week
poor
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2017
Management wasnt the best
People were great to work with
The customers we deal with were very rude and particular on what they want
It is a very tiring job
High volume workplace with excellent job security
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
Dependent on location - can be extremely busy during peak hours.
Great health benefits if working over 20 hours (includes 1 free coffee/tea markout per week).
High turnover rate.
Inconsistent hours, very dependent on the performance of the store.
Benefits
Great place to work!
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 September 2017
Very enjoyable and pleasant place to work. The employees are great and super up beat. Customer service is exceptional. Shift supervisors are always great.
Employees have a serious case of "superiority complex"
Barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 September 2017
I would say it really depends on which location you work at, but because it is a popular part time job for high school and freshman university students, you should be prepared to work in that type of environment. I have worked with at least three people who have a "superiority complex" even though we get paid the same wage, and have the same title. Apparently working 2 months longer than someone gives you the right to boss them around. It is absolutely ridiculous. Again, this may be different with location, as my location was actually ranked as the worst in terms of customer service in the region.
Pros
You get pretty much as many free drinks as you want while on shift, You get to take home a bag of coffee every week
Cons
Working with teenagers with a superiority complex
great environment to work in.
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 September 2017
Amazing manager and staff. Stayed for many years during and after highschool. Relaxed, however was given lots of responsibility. Felt supported and secure at this job.
Enjoyed seeing regular customers
Customer Service / Barista (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC7 September 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work when you need a flexible schedule, also getting to know all your regular customer and creating a bond with them is also amazing.
Pros
the coffee discount
Cons
the pay isnt that great for the amount of work you do!
Exciting and fun work envirnment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON7 September 2017
Working at Starbucks has been so good for my self esteem, and coming out of my shell. Everyone there, staff and costumers included, is very friendly. You get treated like family from the very beginning.
Pros
free beverages, friendly environment, great benefits
Cons
not enough money
Fun and Productive Workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
Very fun place to work, very informative, understanding and training is well taught. Great customer service experience. Benefits are a plus, overall enjoyable
Pros
Benefits, Free Drinks throught shift, 40% discount, markouts
Cons
Customer service can be stressful, lots of repetitve motions
Would re-apply
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 September 2017
Starbucks was a wonderful, family oriented place to work. I enjoyed the new friends that I met here and I felt that the management did a great job in creating not only an efficient place of work but also a fun place to be. I would definitely re apply to this job.
Fun work place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Working at Starbucks, allowed me to further grow and develop customer service skills as I was able to have friendly conversations with many different types of customers.

Working with the co-workers took some time for me to slowly be myself as I am little bit shy at first. Once I am used to the environment I am very open, talkative, hardworking and try my best to be one of the helpful member of the team by being productive and not slacking off.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Picky Customers
Good work low pay
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 September 2017
The job is great and for myself it was in a good environment with the best people. As you work your way up though, the pay doesn't tend to reflect the amount of responsibilities that you are enduring to run the company.
Pros
discounts, free coffee, wide range of hours
Cons
low wage, unhappy customers, repetative actions
Fast paced
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
Managed 20-30 employees including selecting, hiring, scheduling and staff reviews. Dynamic customer service, inventory management and spending within a budget. P&L and budgetary decicions made

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.