Starbucks

Starbucks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Barista
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free coffee daily, No weekend shifts, Great benefits, and a Overall great company to be employed by
Cons: Lack of hours due to poor scheduling, Hourly wage was quite low and seeing the amount of waste of food.
This job was so outstanding on so many levels;

I created friendships for life with my fellow baristas and customers
Loved engaging
Always learning something new such a drink ideas
Always room for growth.

A typical day at work would begin very early to open the store at 5:30 am. I would begin by brewing coffee in the proper order, placing all the fresh pastries in the show case. I would then get my till ready making sure the cash was correct and the make sure all the syrups and teas where prepared for the morning rush. From 7 am till 9 am I would be on the till ringing in customers orders and collecting pastries. After this time I would take a break to then begin sanitizing and organizing the pastry case for lunch menu items while serving new customers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with difficult customers but was also a great learning experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around my regular customers and creating new beverages with my fellow baristas. We got very creative.
Great Customer Service
Barista, Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 29, 2015
Starbucks has a great atmosphere and culture, enjoy working with my co-workers. The benefits are fantastic, and available for everyone (part-time and full time employees).
Loved the job
Barista (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 29, 2015
I loved my team and pretty much the job of a Starbucks barista. The benefits could have been better though. The hours were long as well. Keep in mind that I worked at the one in Canada's Wonderland.
Great environment where everyone keeps smiling
Barista (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Partner Beverages, Partner Markouts, Benefits
Cons: Only get minimum wage for an insane amount of work
A fun and relaxed work place where partners make each location feel the same for customers.
There are rules for a reason, but some concerning appearance are a bit old, and could be updated.
Overall, it is a great company with many perks and benefits are great.
Starbucks - great job culture, and management!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free markouts, partner beverages, partner discounts
Cons: repetitive tasks, pay is not high
Starbucks provide a great working experience especially for students looking for part-time jobs. Training is extensive and your co-workers are always available to give you any help if needed when you start off, making the learning curve less daunting. Once you've settled and adapted to their work culture and the environment, day to day work could be repetitive and hours of shift could seem long due to that fact. Overall if you're a student seeking a job or you like coffee shop environments, and don't mind repetitive tasks and you like working with a team then this is a job you should consider applying for!
Opening duties, delegate tasks throughout day, bank deposit, order, flex the floor to ease bottlenecks
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, coffee masters certification course
Cons: inconsistent hours make it hard to make a monthly budget.
Working for a well established company like Starbucks is a very rewarding job. The job atmosphere is amazing and the early morning rushes make for a quick day. There is always something to do to stay busy.
Overall Great Experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaJuly 25, 2015
Out of all my previous jobs, Starbucks has been the best.
I have learnt about how to manage a team, make delicious beverages and interact genuinely with customers in a busy environment. As a supervisor I was given the responsibility to coach each of the partners on connecting with customers, promoting in store products and feeling to confident with the provided equipment.
Overall good job.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Lots of benefits, working with people all day, good break times, better then usual pay.
Cons: A "mean-girl" environment, lots of restrictions about uniform, management wasn't the best.
My review on the company is sort of biased. I've loved the idea of working at Starbucks since I was 12-13. Of course, being that age, I couldn't necessarily work there. When I got a call back when I turned 16 I was honestly thrilled. Our manager at the time Vik, was great. He wrote me a personal development plan so the day I turned 18 if I was still with the company I would be shift manager or assistant manager. We currently have a new manager Kamilah and she isn't the most professional. She mostly just sits in the back room. So I'm leaving, which makes me sad but it is what it is. At the end of the day, Starbucks is a great company, but the management just isn't for me. Now it is understandable that you aren't going to always love your boss, but it became a very cliquey workplace and extremely unprofessional. I love the majority of my co-workers and it's a fun place to work. I just need to branch out.
Productive and fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2015
Good place to work if you're a student as it is very flexible. Work with other students as well so it has a very easy going atmosphere.
fast paced
Barista (Former Employee), prince georgeJuly 17, 2015
very fast passed job. the management at my specific work location was quite unorganized. i felt there was a lot of responsibility for very little pay or appreciation.
Fun,Advancement opportunities,
Manger of Starbucks (Former Employee), Safeway in Bonnie Doon MallJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Awesome staff
I loved working for Starbucks. I advanced in the company quickly. I enjoyed the atmosphere. You learned a lot of skills. Ordering inventory, time management.
fun place to work
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free drinks, discounts
Cons: not enough hours
work with great people we all get along, we all love to be around each other, we always ask each other for help when needed. The manager is a great guy he is always happy.
Good for students
Barista (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: The partners & customers
It was an experience non the less.
Flexible schedules, weekly mark outs,high stress, Management pushes sales constantly, lots of stepping on toes so to speak.
Hard work, fund and fast paced
Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, discounts, health/dental.
Cons: Sporadic hours, can be very hard work for little pay.
Generally fun people to work with, management is generally pretty good as well. Lots of opportunities to engage and talk with clients. Pretty much unlimited free coffee/beverages is a plus, as well as sampling new food items is delicious! Good opportunities to learn for those who want to advance within the work place. Pay is minimum wage though, but expected considering its retail. However, there is very good health/dental plan and other perks.
In charge of two or more staff (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, abJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits, stocks, free products
Cons: Lots of standing
A typical day is ensuring product is stocked, perfect beverages are made and serving awesome customers. I learned a lot from this job in the form of dealing with customers. Even if it is something small just apologize and come up with a solution. They just want to know that you are listening and you truly want to make it right and make them happy. The management is awesome. They make sure that they tell you when you are doing a good job and if there are corrections that need to be made they will sit down with you and talk to you like you are a human being. The co-workers are the best! You are like a small family. You care so much for each other and watch out for each other. The hardest part is making every customer happy because there are just some people that are having a bad day that you just can't make happy but you do your best and that is all that you can do. I enjoyed getting to know a bunch of people on a personal level, co-workers and customers combined. It is nice when you are able to have that connection with people.
Great company but with changing management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 8, 2015
Starbucks was really great to work to work in the years I was there. You meet very different people (coworkers and customers) and that can be very good or very challenging since everybody has different personalities. As any restaurant, it can get very busy and have times where there aren't many customers which gives you time to catch p on cleaning/management duties. The most enjoyable part of working at Starbucks to me was connecting with the customers and meeting new people.
Good part time employment
part-time Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaJuly 6, 2015
I loved working with all the people that i did, always had someone to talk to if i was going through struggles worked related or not. I always felt wanted and needed there, and got an decent amount of hours. Pay could have been increased for the amount of work expected, and advancement was offered but took months to even begin.
It was fine.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2015
It was fine. Really just okay. They expect to much of their management team. The team was good. but the higher up you get the more crazy it all seems
Excellent benefits and training
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond HillJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Bonuses
Cons: Management restrictions and expectations
Excellent benefits : Health, dental, vision options. Good salary and bonuses at management level.
Good customer service training and expectations.
Fun workplace
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free drinks, 30% discount, great people (customers and co-workers)
Cons: Because of the high traffic of customers, manager sometimes underschedules
Great fun place to work and meet new people. More than just co-workers. Only downside was my manager made it tough on the whole store with the scheduling, so it was time to move on. Not all Starbucks are the same.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more