Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment, friendly people
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Thompson, MBMay 19, 2016
Cons: working alone
The space is small and tight, it was fast paste and because we were alone it was harder. costumers would get impatient and upset at times.
The washing zones was hard on our hands, mine dried up and were then sensitive and i couldn't do the dishes quick, we couldn't wear the latex gloves provided because our boss was allergic.
Productive & Fun
Barista (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 19, 2016
Pros: Benefits, advancement, education
Cons: n/a
At Starbucks you're always on the go! There's a good mix of people that work there as well as patrons. Starbucks does not discriminate and are very welcoming.
Great place to work!
Barista (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMay 19, 2016
Pros: great life/work balance, free coffee
Cons: minimum wage
Really busy at times but fun place to work. Learnt how to make different types of coffees and great connections with customers. Overall I highly recommend working for Starbucks!
Great problem solving need and great to keep you busy.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), 380 CoventryMay 18, 2016
Working at a drive-thru Starbucks can be crazy, especially in the winter mornings but thats what I loved about it. It was never a dull moment and the customers were great. I felt like I was an unintentional chemist, working with all the different drinks, the ways to make them. It was great despite some coworkers rubbing me the wrong way but in the end it all worked out.
Fast but Fun educational, and provides amazing opportunities.
Barista (Former Employee), Squamish, BCMay 17, 2016
Pros: Training, and free drinks plus discounts.
Cons: Can be over alot to begin with
Fast pasted, lots of customer interactions, cleaning, Visual merchandising.
I learned to keep up with the high demand with a happy happy smile on my face, also to know when and how to respond to a mistake with orders, through the BEST training I have EVER went through. I learned time management.
Co-workers are like the best part.
Hardest part is to learn that it is okay to take your time, because after time you become faster and faster.
Most enjoyable part is seeing our customers smile big, and of course free drinks.
A great place to grow
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMay 16, 2016
As a part time job for someone going to school this is a great place to work. I did not love the support I received as a manager but enjoyed my coworkers a lot.
Amazing experience
Barista (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 12, 2016
Pros: Great training, good company values, great products
Cons: Busy Lineups, Customers Can Be Demanding
I loved working at Starbucks. The training was great, although there was a small learning curve to remember all of the products. I considered this to be hardest. Once I did, I enjoyed the customer service focused approach. The values of the company were very much in line with my own. Creating the drinks appealed to my artistic side, and I enjoyed developing strong relationships with the customer which made the business side of things.

I would definitely work for this company again.
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 11, 2016
very challenging but fun.
fast paste and customer experience is always world class.
leading by example is the standard. clean and tasting drinks.
Shift Supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
My manager was new and I was younger at the time. She micromanaged our employees. It was a very unpleasant time.

I never met the CEO so I can not comment.
Fun workplace!
Café Attendant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 10, 2016
Pros: free drinks!!
Cons: very busy!
I only did my woerk expirence here but i really enjoyed it! I learned how to make fun drinks and they give partners free drinks on breaks!
Fun and Educational Work Experience
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2016
Pros: Benefits, Flexible Hours, Fun work team
Cons: Hard to move past certain management points
Starbucks is an exceptional company to be a part of the team at. There was always something new to learn, be it coffee knowledge or a new way to do a task you thought you knew inside and out. There is always room for growth. Most of the time your coworkers are superb and fun, like-minded people to work with. The hardest part of the job is definitely keeping a level head and a cool mind when things may not always go according to plan, the calmer you remain, the easier it is to get through. The most enjoyable part was the constant customer interaction. Getting to know your clientele and feeling like an important part of their day is so rewarding.
productive and a great place to work!
Barista (Current Employee), Delta, BCMay 4, 2016
Pros: Partner discounts, great people to work with
Cons: Standing for long hours
Starbucks is a great company to work for. Connecting with your partners and the community builds you as a worker and as a person. Management is always on point and takes great care or their employees. Training is provided, which helps with the volume of individual stores. Working for Starbucks is benifical and fun!
Love the job, but can not support my family
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 3, 2016
I love everything the company stands for. My brother, my sister-in-law and my son have worked for the company but we all can agree that the amount of work we do per shift isn't worth they pay. I would be gladly to stay if i was offered more.
hectic but great staff
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Cochrane, ABMay 3, 2016
Pros: mark outs, free beverages
Cons: strenuous, low pay
Great place to work but more for the young! Hectic, fast paced, and not enough pay, but great people, good benefits, and great coffee!
Strange cult like corporate culture
put upon (Current Employee), 5140 Yonge StreetMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free pound of coffee weekly
Cons: long hours, average salary, poor benefits, untrustworthy management and they pay the non-management staff hourly!
I work in the corporate office in Toronto and have been here about 3 years now. Everything is in a hurry, busy, no time for lunch, 40 hour week and the culture is strange. It's very cult-like. I learned a lot about coffee and curiously, nearly every meeting is prefaced by a coffee tasting. After 3 years, I've tasted every single coffee dozens of times - what more can one learn???? But they are ongoing. The only thing this company is missing is a a corporate song. Folks are nice, but unless you completely mask your personality, be prepared to do endless hours of overtime, volunteer work, and watching your back - this is not the company for you!

The benefit package changed about 2 years ago after the new president came on board and laid off hundreds. Now it is pathetic.
Never a dull moment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Fun environment, high energy job, keeps you on your toes
Cons: Occasionally long hours, Dealing with everyone's complaints
A typical day at Starbucks, as an assistant store manager, means performing a number of different functions.

You arrive before morning rush, which generally starts at 8:00 am, and check up on the openers and see how their morning is going. After that, you check the daily order that was placed to ensure the correct quantities of items have been ordered, and offer feedback to the opener if they are incorrect. Then, you quickly check the previous day's labour, and correct any missed punches to make sure people are paid for the time they worked.

When these tasks are done, it is time to hit the floor and serve your customers through the busiest part of the day, morning rush, which lasts roughly two hours. During that time, you greet customers, take their order, and direct the floor operations, to allow smooth service by sending partners to help at bottlenecks, like at bar, if a lot of espresso drinks are in line. After rush is over, you coach your partners on how they did, and start running breaks.

On a normal day, you then delegate someone to do the morning items pull and a secondary pull, to ensure that you have pastry items to sell in the afternoon. As well, if there is an inventory count that day, you delegate the puller to count what is on hand in the freezers.

On an admin day, you get office time to make the next week's schedule, which involves forecasting expected sales, and assigning baristas to shifts to over the hours needed to achieve those sales. Also, you check on the food pull log and adjust your pull quantities, increasing pulls for best selling – more... items and decreasing them for high waste items.

After that, you work on the floor again, overseeing the days operations, and ensuring that customers have great experiences in store by coaching staff on their service. – less
Wonderful coworkers and workplace, terrible management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
Pros: Awesome coworkers, awesome atmosphere, free drinks
Cons: Terrible management
The people there made it worth while. Starbucks has a very good company goal and focus. The management was terrible, the new manager was a external hire and was very poorly trained. Ruined the atmosphere for the supervisors.
Great Student job
Barista (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Having been both an Assistant Manager and a student employee of Starbucks I have to say, I did not enjoy the management side of this company. However, this is one of the best student jobs available!
great place!
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: free drinks, lots of discounts and perks
Cons: weird hours - could sometimes start work at 5AM
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable! My co-workers are really great people and wonderful to work with. Starbucks partners also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Tuition and book reimbursement Part-time and full time employees are also eligible for health benefits after 3 months. over all just a really great company Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management.
Fun job for students
Barista (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 26, 2016
Pros: One free mark-out weekly, full benefits program and stocks
Cons: Minimum wage
A fun, relatively easy going job with great staff, friendly management, and excellent benefits. Salary is minimum wage and there aren't many opportunities to progress further into the company. A good job for students.
Revenue