Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great Student job
Barista (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Having been both an Assistant Manager and a student employee of Starbucks I have to say, I did not enjoy the management side of this company. However, this is one of the best student jobs available!
great place!
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: free drinks, lots of discounts and perks
Cons: weird hours - could sometimes start work at 5AM
Starbucks is a great place to work! the benefits are great, the opportunities are innumerable! My co-workers are really great people and wonderful to work with. Starbucks partners also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Tuition and book reimbursement Part-time and full time employees are also eligible for health benefits after 3 months. over all just a really great company Starbucks gives you many great opportunity, including general skills development such as customer service, people skills and time management.
Fun job for students
Barista (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 26, 2016
Pros: One free mark-out weekly, full benefits program and stocks
Cons: Minimum wage
A fun, relatively easy going job with great staff, friendly management, and excellent benefits. Salary is minimum wage and there aren't many opportunities to progress further into the company. A good job for students.
Great
Barista (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 25, 2016
Pros: Partners Beverages, Weekly Coffee Markout, Benefits
Cons: Pay
learning how to make high quality drinks and becoming very familiar with how drinks are made and the machines work. getting to interact with some wonderful customers who try to get to know as much as you want to get to know them. Management is very flexible and try to accommodate your life and hire people who are fun to work with. The overall job isn't hard it just involves a lot of standing and interacting with people. The best part of the job is building those regulars and getting to interact with them everyday. Also your free coffee mark outs and partner beverages while you work
Great workplace, Friendly people, Long lasting friends.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: Free drinks, 30 percent discount
Cons: Long hours
I would come in, and be really excited to see all the other colleagues, which were more like friends then coworkers. You would learn new drinks, new techniques to make your job easier and serve people faster. Most people would find the multitasking and making drinks and putting people through being hard but its actually really easy when you get a good flow to the way you do it. Best part about the job is all the great people you get to know and people who become your regular customers and best friends.
great environment
Part-time Barista (Current Employee), Kanata, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: tips, warm environment, friendly, fun
Cons: minimum wage, messy
Starbucks is a super great, warm and welcoming working environment.
My coworkers and manager/shift leaders are super friendly, understading and have helped me grow and learn a lot since having started working there.
The best part of the job is definitely the relationships that you build with the regular customers that come in everyday.
Fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2016
Love everyone I worked with. Have such a hard working/ positive team. Customers are always happy with the service and are always satisfied with their order.
Great company
Barista (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 15, 2016
A typical day of work for me is early at the crack of dawn
it usually goes by really quickly with some stressful situations but that is usually beyond our control.
Great coworkers
difficult customers
great boss
great culture
overall great place
A nice working place
friendly customer service (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2016
Pros: 30%off on all products, free coffee every shift, free coffee bean every week.
Cons: unexpected extra work
This is a great opportunity for me as my first job.Since I worked at a neighbor community area, my co-workers were super friendly, we hanged out a lot and had parties, I was luck that I got in.
the manegment needs some help
Barista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: free drinks when on floor
Cons: stressful and little pay
I learned how having to do things in a timely and proper manner under pressure and dealing with unhappy customers and their needs. but i also leanred how to make friends and be responsible with time and people skills. It easy to have an availabilty there but the hours are terrible because of you take a certain day off then the your hours get cut and it just doesnt work.
Loved the job
Shift supervisor (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABApril 13, 2016
Pros: customers
Cons: management
I loved working for Starbucks. The job offered great benefits, and hours. It was constantly busy which made the day go by faster. I learned how unique each individual really is when it comes to their morning coffee. My co-workers always pulled together to ensure customer satisfaction. Overall, it was a great experience.
Great team atmosphere.
Shift Supervisor/Barrista (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Pros: Anytime discount.
Cons: Pay is not flexible
High volume, production atmosphere. I love seeing the regular customers and fulfilling their needs.
Useful training and flexible scheduling is wonderful.
Fast paced fun place to work
Barista/Captain (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: erratic hours
Shifts were all over the place. Not great doing a close/open. Learned more about coffee than I ever knew before. Hardest part of the day was sometimes never getting a lunch because it was so busy. Loved the people I worked with.
The job comes with many benefits and is very flexible! Great for students!
Barista/Barista Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: 5 free drinks per shift and 30% off all purchases
Cons: always on your feet running up and down
The hardest and yet the best part of the job are the customers. We get difficult particular customers but we also get great customers who become friends. My co-workers are fantastic and they are what keeps me at the job. we also get stock grants, and discounts on stocks. Part-time employees are also eligible for benefits after 3 months. Every 6 months you get a review where depending on your overall score you get a raise (usually 20 cents, not much but something). If you choose to go further you can be promoted to shift supervisor where the base pay is $13. Hours are very flexible at Starbucks. Managers and district managers (like a general manager but we call then district managers) are all very approachable.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 9, 2016
Pros: Free WiFi
Cons: Noisy
Starbucks is a great work environment with great customers alike. The Baristas create great relationships with customers to make everyone feel welcome.
Hotel with high customer focus, but lacks an engaging culture
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), London, ONApril 9, 2016
Work is emphasized strongly without much space for cooperation. The culture can be improved as any employees negatively view their work environment.
great place to work
Barista / Barista Trainer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: free drinks, health benefits, room for hours
Cons: becoming a lot more corporate, hard to move up, little pay increases, FRAPPY HOUR
- fast paced job where the staff is really close!
- free drinks!
- fun customer interactions (if you enjoy that)
- hardest part was the long standing
It's a Fun work place. But
Shift Supervisor/Key-holder (Current Employee), Richmond, BCApril 6, 2016
I love working at Starbucks. Love the people that I work with, the customers that I deal with. I would just like to say that maybe having to choose an option of having a higher Pay, rather than profit sharing, would benefit the partners who would love to stay with the Company, and also be eligible to potentially sign up for a car or a house or something that we can Tie into our names. instead of being paid "minimum".

The reason I would leave this company is for the reason of Job Advancement. Your Own manager will promise you a lot of things, and will make you think you are ready, and then you wait for things to start rolling. But nothing is actually going on still.
You get to meet a lot of people.
Certified Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Amongst regulars you will be able to build unique relationships built around positivity as well as genuine interest. These are the best benefits at working at a place such as Starbucks.
Fun environment
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the experience I had working at starbucks. I believe it gave me good experience to go and apply to similar customer service jobs in confidence.
Revenue