Starbucks

Starbucks Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Enjoyable
Barista (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 17, 2015
Typically I would stay at cash taking orders. I would make drinks often, and learned to handle large orders at once and to be quick and efficient. Management taught me to handle rushes as well as keeping the customers happy. I got along with all my co-workers as we depended on each other to run efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connection I develop with customers. The hardest part of the job would be the constant standing as well as the heavy lifting.
My life at Strabucks
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: free pound of coffe a week, benefits, discount on all merchdise
Cons: long hours, work more hours then paid for, didnt agree with all there policies and prcedures.
Going into my job everyday was always enjoyable. Getting to interact with different people everyday and learning more about the regulars that frequented my location each day. My job allowed me to really interact with people on more than just a " here's your coffee have a great day" moment. I enjoyed creating inspired moments in each person days starting with a delicious cup of coffee.. The community work I was able to do, donating coffee to local organization that were raising money to better the community. Seeing how appreciative everyone was to have me offer to help in anyway I could. Being able to donate left over food to those that were less fortunate. Yes the hours were long and you will always have people that want to make your day bad, but being able to work with my peers to overcome getting angry and dealing with situations in the best way possible.
CRew
Barista (Former Employee), torontoApril 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working with the staff we all got a long very well. the customers are great. it was one of my favourite jobs
I love working with people ,and a busy place I realy enjoy it
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 13, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I love seeing my customers every single day , i enjoy talking to each and everyone of them they ,
Ill say the hardest part for me would be getting up 4am :( still not used to it but once i get to work love it :)
And i love my management team , and my team they are making my day with they are big smile :)))))
I dont no what els to say !
Fast past job with great customer service being the objective
Barista (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Connecting with customers
Cons: Early start times
There were many different positions one may be placed on such as cashier, drive through,to various cleaning jobs. I learned how to work as a time under pressure as well as how to work independently. The hardest part of the job is remaining calm and focusing on the task at hand even when there is a huge rush of customers. The best part is connecting with those customers and ensuring their satisfaction with the company.
Starbucks
Barista (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Everything was amazing!
A typical day at work for Starbucks was mainly fast and slow past of customers coming in. It was a great experience working under the company, benefits were great, tips were high, and the customers were amazing. It was like a "home" type of feelings, a third place to be outside of work and home. I learned a lot during the time I was there, I would do it over again if I could. The management was amazing, my boss understood everything and worked around how I was doing. My co-workers were very friendly, I never had any problem with any of them. The hardest part of the job, I would say, is the weekend work and the early morning shifts. Since I live far away from family, I wasn't able to travel to see them at all. Other than the time, the experience was amazing. I would do it over again if I could.
fantastic environment fast paced and welcoming
Barista (Former Employee), mississauga, ONApril 8, 2015
serve customers as they come in, always welcoming and friendly while addressing customers concerns. employ Starbucks core values while on shift. Great company to work for while in school.
Good partners and environment
Barista (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Starbucks as i gained immense knowledge into the coffee world and culture. It's a happy environment and a great place to work! Social interaction is part of the daily job and I love that part of it as i am a very outgoing and social person!
not my cup of coffee
Certified Barista (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 7, 2015
Pros: make customers happy
Cons: make my co-workers jealous
same as receiver, opening and closing the store , making coffee every 30 minutes, providing a friendly and uplifting experience , every job is the same just different environments , co- workers lol like I said make customers happy and co-workers get jealous call it positive reinforcement. Helping others and getting help. Going home after the work is done.
Great Company
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonApril 3, 2015
Its a fun, fast past job. It does get a little repetitive but overall its still pretty fun. The company gives you amazing benefits like health at 20 hours a week and tuition reimbursement even at part time.
Busy workplace with excellent service
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMarch 31, 2015
I have worked at Starbucks for about two years now and I love working there. I enjoy many things about working at Starbucks, I love what they're about, I love the customers, I love the environment and I love my coworkers. Working there gives me a sense of family and belonging, we all work very well together and we're a tight knit group. Starbucks emphasizes very much on their excellent customer service, it's one of the first things they teach you when you begin training. The main goal is to let everyone leave our store with the same sense of belonging that working there will give its employees. We strive to connect with each customer, welcome them, teach them and deliver the ultimate experience. I love that. I love being able to connect with complete strangers over a cup of coffee.
My position here is a Shift Supervisor. This requires many responsibilities and is quite a test of skill. As a Shift, you need to have excellent time management, your day need to be planned perfectly. You are responsible for sending people on breaks, keeping track of inventory, planning for tomorrows sales and making sure you and your coworkers are maintaining the store. You are who the team looks to when times are stressful, you become the role model for everyone else which is a responsibility I eagerly took when I received the position. My store gets very busy which means that sometimes my partners get stressed out and that puts more strain on me, this is one of the downsides of the job. There are times when we are understaffed and much too busy and it's up to me to keep a strong head on my shoulders – more... and push my team to stay relaxed and get through the rush. I've learned a lot of value when it comes to being a leader, if I crumble then my whole team does so I have no problem with keeping a good face and being reassuring as well as encouraging. I've learned a lot about time management and customer service and how much of an impact the little things have. I've learned much about organization and how essential it is to have the skills of a team player and being good at working alone. – less
we work like a family
Barista (Former Employee), Langley, BCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free drinks, generally happy atmosphere, getting to work with friends
Cons: early mornings, long days, grouchy people at times
Im happy to say that while working with starbucks, ive never felt more like i was in a family. my coworkers were there for me whenever i needed. we could speak about anything with one another without the thought of judgement upon one another. i personally felt incredibly comfortable.
the management on the other hand, i found my gm to be irresponsible, disrespectful, immature and ungrateful. i felt belittled on a daily basis.
Fast paced, great guest service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced, always busy
Cons: Slow periods
Typical day included setting up pastry case, preparing drinks, cleaning, performing food safety tasks. Learned great leadership skills and how to lead a team. Management was extremely supportive. Co-workers were extremely hard-working. Hardest part was being busy and working alone. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with and the fast pace.
To be a partner
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond/Surrey/VictoriaMarch 29, 2015
Starbucks offers great benefits, flexible working hours for baristas. Preaches work life balance but that mostly applies to baristas.
Fast paced, multi tasking, high customer service
Fun Work environment
Barista/Cash (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free Drinks ! stable hours
Cons: management
As long as your friendly and can brew a mean coffee this is a good job while your a student! limited room for growth with in the company however an employee gets a raise every 6 months and gets wicked health benefits!
shift hour
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), calgary abMarch 27, 2015
Pros: short schedule
Cons: short schedule
good for student: I did it when I first mover to the city. it was a start for me. learn a lot about people and how to handle different personality.
Productive, fun environment, learned a lot about the industry.
Barista (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Happy environment
A normal day at work consists of opening up the store.
Preparing all required material for the day.
Opening takes about two hours of prep work.
Then the store opens and there is a rush to get people their morning coffee boosts before they start their day.
Then the normal routines begin. Logs need to be filled in throughout the day, menus changed depending on the hour and stock being refilled depending on how quickly things run out from your morning set up.

I learned a lot working at Starbucks. Even though it was a small store of it (Located in the Angrinon Target location) there was always constant line ups, which helped me learn a lot about time management and how to work under fast paced and stressful conditions. The best part about the fast paced environment was that there was never a dull moment, and when you finally did stop..it was time to go home!

The manager at the Starbucks location in Angrinon was wonderful.
She was extremely dedicated and by being such a few number of people we were all really closed to her. During my training she took her time with me and let me repeat a million questions when I panicked. I believe because she led us so well, we worked so well.

My co-workers were also amazing, we were all very close and depended on each other without having to worry that someone was going to let us down. We all worked as a team really well and the customers enjoyed such a welcoming environment.

I think the hardest part of the job was sometimes keeping up with all the customer we had. There was never a stop to a day so if you fell behind a little you really really fell behind. Luckily we worked with amazing people and everything (usually) ran smoothly!

The whole experience of working at Starbucks was really enjoyable. I loved coming to work and I really learned a lot and made a lot of really great friendships.
Fun work place
Barista/Customer Service - Target (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 26, 2015
A typical day at work at Starbucks was always fast paced and friendly, got to work with amazing people and my manager was patient and skilled. I learned how to do everything within a week and it was an unforgettable experience.
Good Stepping Stone
Barista (Current Employee), torontoMarch 26, 2015
If you want to move up in the company fast, this is your place. good benefit package, not a real team atmosphere.
Fast paced environment.
Fun and interesting Job place!
BARISTA (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Amazing atmosphere
This is probably the best job anyone could have to start off. It can be complicated at first to begin but the training is extensive and great. All thru out this job is great to meet new people everyday and be able to do great things for these people. The hardest thing about the job is probably the recipes for each drink, but with practice this can be done well. The most enjoyable part is spending time with co-workers and meeting great people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more