Starbucks Employee Review

It feels like family
Barista (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 November 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, both the employees and the customers. The hardest part of the job is leaving a shift with work left incomplete. I like to finish tasks. My co-workers are perfectly lovely people who enjoy people and have fun and work. We do look out for one another and keep the workplace friendly. Our management is fully committed to having the culture be friendly and welcoming. What I've learned is that I enjoy having more responsibility.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
low pay

Other Starbucks Employee Reviews

Fun and Social place to work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 January 2018
The shifts are flexible which is great if you are a student or parent. If you want to move forward, there is little required, just hard work. It's difficult to make a living at this job, so if you are a sole breadwinner, this is not the place to work. It's GREAT as a second job though. The partner discounts and perks are wonderful - free pound of coffee and all the drinks you want during your shift (before, after and on break) and the benefits are really great. I had a great experience at this job until I wanted to move forward into management - since I was a single mom, I wanted to invest in this company, but couldn't make it work due to the low pay.
Pros
Free drinks, partner perks
Cons
low pay
Starbucks - good entry level.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2018
People are very excited to hear youve worked at Starbucks before.
The management is really poor most of the time and the hours are long.
Polo park is constantly bust and they expect a ton from you.
Good work experience in the end.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.