Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,030 reviews matching the search
Fun, Fast paced, good managment and great coworkers.
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Wye road23 March 2017
Barista tasks such as making hot and cold drinks, running drive thru, handling cash and making transactions, general cleaning and stocking bar supplies and ingredients.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Long work days
Great experience
Barista (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time at starbucks. I loved the environment, the customers and everything about the vibe. The only thing i would change, is the wage. Starbucks is an amazing place to work.
Our store provides the fastest and quality service - Drive Thru Store
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC22 March 2017
I love working with people who have become close and personal friends, it is like a family. Team work is essential this environment. The hardest part of my day is dealing with customers that I can not make happy no matter how much I try. Some people will just not be happy no matter the effort you put in to make it right. There is a new challenge every day and I love it.
Pros
Benefits package is great, Starbucks stocks, 1lb coffee/tea markout per week
Cons
Minimum wage to start, small raises
Great place for a first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
must be fast-paced

learned how to make and serve a variety of hot and cold beverages

managers and supervisors are very friendly and open

making 'secret menu' items is a pain especially if the barista does not know how to make it

co-workers turn into your friends and being nice to customers just puts you in a great mood.
Pros
free food. drinks, and a lot of talking
Cons
stressed out making complicated drinks
Work experience
Baristas Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
My co-workers were nice and helped me out when I first started my work experience. The hardest part about the job was how fast paced the environment was at Starbucks. I learned how to sample and provide customers with those samples and restocked items when needed.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 March 2017
Starbucks is an upbeat wonderful job, in which you work hard and have fun talking to and making coffee and food for people. It's always nice to bring a smile to someone wanting hot fresh coffee in the morning or any time of the day.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None!
Fun, fast paced, alot to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 March 2017
Fun, fast paced work environment. Company has high standards for customer experience, cleanliness, product knowledge. Must learn customers names or drinks. Overwhelming at first to get recipes down and techniques.
Pros
Free drinks, advancements within
Cons
New Brunswick territory upper management many changes and unorganized
Great company to learn and grow with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2017
Being a barista at Starbucks taught me valuable skills in customer service and teamwork. Through the extensive training that was provided by the company, I learned a lot about what it means to provide quality products and connect with customers. Working in a team was also important, and I grew close with many of my coworkers because of it, many of whom I am still close with today. The job was stressful at times, and the hours were sometimes long, but overall, I learned a lot working at this company and can safely say that I grew as a person in my 4 years there.
Pros
Free coffee, amazing coworkers, friendly relationship with regulars, good management
Cons
Early mornings, long rushes, occasional rude clients
Company growth has changed it. Great product, culture.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON20 March 2017
Love the culture, or what the culture was. Shift to sales, perfection, constantly writing people up. "Performance Managing." Long hours, high expectations, little to no support. The employees, and the great product kept me there too long. I left after my health had already become compromised, my bad. Only way to get close to doing a good job is to be there all of the time, or short your floors-abuse your employees. I left because this did not gel with who I was, nor did it gel with the position I applied for, the company I loved. Seemed, in hindsight, too many changes, too many expectations, completely de-motivating experience for all. Sad turn of events.
Pros
Mark-outs (free product weekly), great product, fair wages.
Cons
Long hours, expecattions are ridiculous, little to no tools, support
Fun
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 March 2017
Lots of fun, come in, hang out with partners and be near lots of coffee with people you can collaborate very well with, like a well oiled coffee machine
Fantastically organized, with hours in plenty.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC17 March 2017
Starbucks is an incredible place to work for a college student looking to receive stable income and benefits, along with flexible hours, or for someone looking to climb the company chain and make a career.

The work pace was very busy, particularly in the summer with sales reaching very high amounts considering the average of $5 per customer. Due to the pace being so incredibly high, shifts would often fly by in the blink of an eye. I loved how the shift felt like a team working towards a common goal, and not individuals working to grind through the day.

Unfortunately the company went through a nation wide series of labour cuts and benefits changes, which was discouraging to a lot of bottom level employees, including Baristas.
Pros
Free coffee, along with strong team relationships.
Cons
Some days can be especially tiring, specifically statutory holidays.
Fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia17 March 2017
Fun workplace, good atmosphere.. depending on which store you work at. Management can be good, again depending on the store. Good benefits, can book time off for events. Pay needs to increase, raises .5c every 6 months for your review.
Pros
Free coffee during shift, free pound coffee/week.
Cons
Pay
Very fun working environment
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Everyday is an opportunity to provide outstanding service and represent a world-class brand. I strive to ensure our customers have an experience that leaves them feeling welcome and appreciated which in turn has allowed our business to grow and prosper even in tough times.
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2017
This was favourite job. A fun and fast paced job with great people. Lots of structure which created a positive and enjoyable work day everyday. Would highly recommend to anyone, especially students.
Pros
Free coffee
Best Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Starbucks cares immensely for each and every employee. I both look forward to and enjoy going to work every day and have created a family with the individuals I work with. I've been able to grow as a person alongside this company as it has taught me to take charge of life and jump at any opportunity that life hands you.
Pros
Meeting amazing people.
Cons
Sometimes it is way too busy.
great starter job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 March 2017
my only big issue the two years i worked with the company was the management, i made life time friends and was constantly challenged to better myself. was great for one of my first jobs
fine
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Then environment is suffocating at times. My co-workers can be unhelpful and rude at times. However, I have gained good salesmanship and work ethic throughout my time with the company.
Pros
the coffee
Cons
The Co-workers
Great company to work for, great atmosphere and fellow employees & customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
It was great working in this position, you get to know regular customers and gain a relationship with them which is really nice, other employees are usually all very nice and friendly people as was management. pay was alright, tips were a nice benefit.
Pros
tips, free coffee bag or tea box each week, free drink during break
Cons
Fantastic place to work, Great benefits!!
Barista/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Loved working at starbucks. Worked with a great tteam of individuals. Weekly markouts, great medical, dental and vision benefits. Flexible Hours. Fun environment to work in for sure!
Flexible hours, free food and management that may or may not care
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2017
Flexible hours with multiple shift lengths so it was excellent work as a student, free food at end of day was another bonus. Room for advancement to shift-supervisor or assistant manager if desired. Learn how to make coffee and take home a box of tea or a pound (454g) from any Starbucks in the world once a week.
Learn if you can handle dealing with irate customers looking for a caffeine fix for hours on end with a smile.
Strong corporate culture - with lots of coworkers on the floor at once, you'll quickly learn how to work in a team while simultaneously learning that you can be quickly and easily replaced.
Decent management is directly related to how happy you and your coworkers are - will they help mitigate a rush or sit in the back doing paperwork?
Best part? Making genuine friends and decent chance of starting a career in coffee (if desired)
Pros
Free food, excellent coworkers and good management
Cons
Poor management leads to low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2