Starbucks Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, ABAugust 23, 2016
Starbucks has shown to me and all the other employees that they really care about each and every staff member. We are not called employees, but rather partners. We are all treated the same and with the same respect, whether you are a barista or a manager. No two days are the same, you have customer rushes at different times, you always have new drinks coming out and the customers every day are different, with the exception of our regulars. I have learned so many great skills, like working alongside people with a multitude of different personalities and work habits. I have enjoyed working with all of the people at my store, they make my day enjoyable.
Great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 21, 2016
Its a great company to work for. The job is fast paced, the environment is amazing, and you learn so much about coffee. The culture at Starbucks is nothing like i've ever seen before.
Fun work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 19, 2016
Fun to work at if the other partners are fun as well, Can be very repetitive after a while, tolerate a lot of rude people. Benefits are a bonus and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
benefits, free drinks
Cons
very repetitive
helped with stocking
Café Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 18, 2016
helped with stocking and cleaning up after customers and cleaning windows and doing the dishes and sometimes the let me be cash and i took out the garbage
Fun and welcoming workplace
Poll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 18, 2016
While I worked at Starbucks I quickly realized it was a great workplace for beginner workers. On a normal day I would help out with dishes, lobby, and refilling supplies. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company.
Proactive work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
Very good store. Fast paced. The only issue is that there were too many employees and not enough work hours to go around for everyone and everyone was left with small amounts of hours.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Takes care of their employees and gives opportunities to advance within the company. The company offers great health benesits to all employees should they choose to take them.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Long days
Fun, but tiresome
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2016
Mostly got tired of dealing with the customers . Some can be very demanding with little idea that employees are people too. Co workers for the most part were okay.
Benefits
Cons
Customers
Awesome Company
Part-time Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ONAugust 10, 2016
Typical day : Coffee touring !
I Learned: How to make coffee in 7 different ways
Management: Very kind
Co-workers: All so sweet and SMART!
Hardest: Not overdosing on caffeine
Most enjoyable: Free Caffeine.
Pros
Free any size drinks
Cons
5:30 am start shift.
Fun sometimes, but very petty people
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 9, 2016
Gets Busy around holidays. Great benefits but bad pay. And really petty customers......they complain about everything and anything they could. Just to get their way.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad pay
Flexible job, good benefits, heavy work load
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2016
Relatively the same set of tasks to accomplish each day which became very easy to repeat. I got very good at knowing what needed to be done and for what time. I was thorough, efficient and always supported my team. Management always wanted results without always supplying us with the tools to achieve these goals. Team morale was quite low and so work ethic was also low. I learned to be a good leader and to support my team where management could not by training new hires and coaching other baristas.

The most difficult parts of my job were to coach a team to work together in order to put out quality beverages and have great customer interactions, meet the high health and safety standards of the company, and respect the demands of upper management and store policy when the tools were not always readily available to do such( recovery certificates, merchandise, product, promotional sale knowledge etc.)

I had a lot of amazing experiences working for this company, meeting new people and connecting with them each and every day taught me to assume the best in others. My team helped me to become confident in my abilities and opened me up to new ones, like becoming a coffee master and the health and safety expert at our store. I was given many extra responsibilities to accompany my job and challenge me, every day I was acquiring new skills.
Pros
benefits, 30% off merchandise, free mark-out every week, free drinks while on shift
Cons
unpredictable schedule, overbearing pressure from management, the pay, lack of appreciation
Great First Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2016
As a Shift Supervisor at Starbucks, it really teaches you about how to be a leader. You are leading the baristas throughout that day, motivating and coaching them to deliver the best service possible to your customers. It also teaches you how to remain calm in high volume periods. Furthermore, it helps develops your ability to be detail-oriented in regards to labor variances, inventory, and daily deposits. Overall, it is a great, well-rounded, starter job.
Pros
Flexible Job
Cons
Low salary
fun workplace
PART TIME BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2016
Nice working with good people in my store. Starbucks has good benefits. Hardest part of the job though is the closing schedule since you need to clean the store after closing. Most enjoyable part of my job is you get to meet a lot of people while working, talking to customers and knowing their favorite drinks. In Starbucks, we are not just making a good cup of coffee but mostly giving the best customer service to all our customer.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
shifting schedule
Productive and super fun. Great breaks and fun customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 3, 2016
A day at work was fun, fast paced when busy, and very productive. My co-workers were team players and loved working together, the only downfall of my experience was the management. The management was absolutely wretched, I have never been so ill-treated in my entire life. The hardest part of that job was probably the way we were treated as partners under our manager.
A great place to work and build meaningful relationships with likeminded individuals.
Barista / Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 28, 2016
An excellent team environment to work in. Great interpersonal skills are an asset because you can build a lot of meaningful friendships within this company.
Pros
Benefits plan, stock options and employee discount.
Cons
Physically demanding.
great place to be
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 26, 2016
Starbucks allows you to be yourself and meet great people. Everyday was busy and a lot of fun. Rarely did I have a bad day. I highly recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
non
Good co workers and fun customers
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJuly 23, 2016
The management was bitter and rude at my location and just a few others where i worked a shift or two occasionally. The most common problem was a language barrier or just trying to understand my management team.
Pros
Free drinks of any size before, and after and on the break of your shift
Nice dealing with coffee drinkers.
Barrista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2016
My supervisor was great and taught me a lot especially in dealing with customer orders. Making coffee was fun.
Pros
Great management.
Great culture
Barista (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2016
Love my job as a barista. Worked there to put myself through school. My co workers and supervisors are supportive of me and very flexible with my schedule. Great atmosphere to be in.
Really depends on your manager or location
Certified Barista (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJuly 16, 2016
I've worked at Starbucks Drive-Thru location for about 2 1/2 year

went thru 5 managers in one location for that time.

Need I say more?
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Bad Management