Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,023 reviews matching the search
Fun, fast paced, alot to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 March 2017
Fun, fast paced work environment. Company has high standards for customer experience, cleanliness, product knowledge. Must learn customers names or drinks. Overwhelming at first to get recipes down and techniques.
Pros
Free drinks, advancements within
Cons
New Brunswick territory upper management many changes and unorganized
Great company to learn and grow with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2017
Being a barista at Starbucks taught me valuable skills in customer service and teamwork. Through the extensive training that was provided by the company, I learned a lot about what it means to provide quality products and connect with customers. Working in a team was also important, and I grew close with many of my coworkers because of it, many of whom I am still close with today. The job was stressful at times, and the hours were sometimes long, but overall, I learned a lot working at this company and can safely say that I grew as a person in my 4 years there.
Pros
Free coffee, amazing coworkers, friendly relationship with regulars, good management
Cons
Early mornings, long rushes, occasional rude clients
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 March 2017
Lots of fun, come in, hang out with partners and be near lots of coffee with people you can collaborate very well with, like a well oiled coffee machine
Fantastically organized, with hours in plenty.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC17 March 2017
Starbucks is an incredible place to work for a college student looking to receive stable income and benefits, along with flexible hours, or for someone looking to climb the company chain and make a career.

The work pace was very busy, particularly in the summer with sales reaching very high amounts considering the average of $5 per customer. Due to the pace being so incredibly high, shifts would often fly by in the blink of an eye. I loved how the shift felt like a team working towards a common goal, and not individuals working to grind through the day.

Unfortunately the company went through a nation wide series of labour cuts and benefits changes, which was discouraging to a lot of bottom level employees, including Baristas.
Pros
Free coffee, along with strong team relationships.
Cons
Some days can be especially tiring, specifically statutory holidays.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia17 March 2017
Fun workplace, good atmosphere.. depending on which store you work at. Management can be good, again depending on the store. Good benefits, can book time off for events. Pay needs to increase, raises .5c every 6 months for your review.
Pros
Free coffee during shift, free pound coffee/week.
Cons
Pay
Very fun working environment
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Everyday is an opportunity to provide outstanding service and represent a world-class brand. I strive to ensure our customers have an experience that leaves them feeling welcome and appreciated which in turn has allowed our business to grow and prosper even in tough times.
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2017
This was favourite job. A fun and fast paced job with great people. Lots of structure which created a positive and enjoyable work day everyday. Would highly recommend to anyone, especially students.
Pros
Free coffee
Best Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Starbucks cares immensely for each and every employee. I both look forward to and enjoy going to work every day and have created a family with the individuals I work with. I've been able to grow as a person alongside this company as it has taught me to take charge of life and jump at any opportunity that life hands you.
Pros
Meeting amazing people.
Cons
Sometimes it is way too busy.
great starter job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 March 2017
my only big issue the two years i worked with the company was the management, i made life time friends and was constantly challenged to better myself. was great for one of my first jobs
fine
Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
Then environment is suffocating at times. My co-workers can be unhelpful and rude at times. However, I have gained good salesmanship and work ethic throughout my time with the company.
Pros
the coffee
Cons
The Co-workers
Great company to work for, great atmosphere and fellow employees & customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
It was great working in this position, you get to know regular customers and gain a relationship with them which is really nice, other employees are usually all very nice and friendly people as was management. pay was alright, tips were a nice benefit.
Pros
tips, free coffee bag or tea box each week, free drink during break
Cons
Fantastic place to work, Great benefits!!
Barista/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
Loved working at starbucks. Worked with a great tteam of individuals. Weekly markouts, great medical, dental and vision benefits. Flexible Hours. Fun environment to work in for sure!
Flexible hours, free food and management that may or may not care
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 March 2017
Flexible hours with multiple shift lengths so it was excellent work as a student, free food at end of day was another bonus. Room for advancement to shift-supervisor or assistant manager if desired. Learn how to make coffee and take home a box of tea or a pound (454g) from any Starbucks in the world once a week.
Learn if you can handle dealing with irate customers looking for a caffeine fix for hours on end with a smile.
Strong corporate culture - with lots of coworkers on the floor at once, you'll quickly learn how to work in a team while simultaneously learning that you can be quickly and easily replaced.
Decent management is directly related to how happy you and your coworkers are - will they help mitigate a rush or sit in the back doing paperwork?
Best part? Making genuine friends and decent chance of starting a career in coffee (if desired)
Pros
Free food, excellent coworkers and good management
Cons
Poor management leads to low morale
Overall good
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I learned a lot of really important skills from this job and it allowed me to develop strong leadership and customer service skills. Great pay and benefit structure as well.
Amazing company, great benefits, team oriented
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
Starbucks is an amazing company to work for. The culture is always friendly, positive, and customer focused. The benefits open to you while working for the company are great. There is always opportunity for advancement, however, the road to get there can sometimes be somewhat ambiguous. Overall, Starbucks is a great company to work for.
Advancement opportunity very low
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Even though the company always talk about how much they value partners, they are usually hiring external for management possession with more pay than an internal hire. If you want to grow a career in Starbucks you are much better off leaving the company and trying your luck for a better position from outside. its an amazing place to work as long as you have good management team, however more often you will end-up having an external manager walking in who has no clue about the business and will most likely make work life miserable for you for at least few years till they understand what is actually going on. All that said i still highly recommend Starbucks for students and part-time workers. As long as you are not to ambitious of growing within the company you will be fine and work environment is far better than most other fast food giants.
Loved inspiring my partners (employees) to be the best they could be. Teach the the drive for success from within. Exceed all sales goals and customer
Store manager (Former Employee) –  British Columbia8 March 2017
The best part of my job was the customer and partners connections. Loving what you do is vital to success of work and life balance. investing all that I am into my career is of the utmost importance to me as a person
Pros
Partners and customers
Cons
Slow
Love this company!
Shift Manager and Barista Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work part-time especially as a student with the flexibility of their scheduling alongside their benefit plan. What makes me excited to go to work every shift is the amazing culture that is fostered within the company. You feel like family to those you work with and because of that you are very committed to the company.
Good benefits to partners
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 March 2017
The required work on delivering legendary customer service is tough to achieve because you need to consider accuracy in making giving quality product but at the same time you speed up because speed becomes a factor to achieving a store goal.
Pros
good perks
Cons
too many jobs within a given time/shift
Barista (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC7 March 2017
People were fun just sucks that you wernt alowed to have color in your hair or tattoos showing or earing on but what ever it was fun and would go back making the drinks were fun
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2