Starbucks
3,743 reviews

Starbucks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 19, 2014
It's a good place to work when you have a busy life trying to go to school or have other jobs. On top of the flexibility, the company provides benefits.
A focused, yet fun enviornment to work in.
Barista, Cashier, Café Partner (Former Employee), Dublin, Westmoreland st.July 19, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: low pay, long hours.
Situated in the heart of Dublin city, surrounded by office buildings and retail outlets this store was one of the busiest Starbucks in the country.

The work was quite demanding with opening times as early as 6:30am and a closing time of 10:00pm.(we stayed till 11:00pm cleaning.)

Luckily we had an optimistic and motivating manager who strived to get – more... the best performance out of each and every staff member. For example, we were allowed to pick our own audio playlists to listen to throughout the days shift.

This was one of my favorite things about working in that establishment. – less
Part Time Job in the Summer
Barista Partner / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2014
Taking the residents of the condo and escorting them to different places on the main floor, such as , bowling alley, theatre etc

Worked one person a shift so I learned to work independently

Vaccuming the Pool was a challenge since I had to do it to the clock and people wanted to use the pool. I always got it done and got quicker each time
can be fun at tmes
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2014
Great as a part time job, good benefits
management is horrible and corporate people are snobs
Fun Workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 10, 2014
Excellent experience, loved learning new things and meeting new people.
Fun Beginner Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 7, 2014
Great way to meet people.
Positive fun work environment.
Very fast paced.
Must be willing to learn and remember a lot.
Fun work place
Barista - Engaging (Former Employee), Fergus, ONJuly 7, 2014
Engaging customers and surpassing their needs, Taking orders and ringing up sales, Preparing and servings coffee and other drinks, Developing barista skills and helping train new hires, Maintaining the store environment and equipment, Re-stocking inventory and communicating store needs, Ensuring food safety standards are met and recommending product – more... and process improvements within work environment and to customers. – less
Amazing Opportunity to meet new people.
Shift Supervisor/ Key Holder (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 7, 2014
Pros: lot of space to grow, and improve upon problem solving and time management skills
Cons: under staffed
While working at Starbucks I learned how to effectively manage stress and time. I also learnt how to problem solve efficently as well think quickly in the moment on my feet. I enjoyed working with my co-workers I feel the mix of personalities helped to better improve my working and learning experience.The hardest part of the job would be constanlty – more... being understaffed at the most busiest times of the day, as well as constantly being sold out of popular items. The most enjoyable part of my job was a combination of interacting with new customers (asking a few questions to suggest a beverage or pastry they would enjoy) in a high traffic/volume location. I also enjoyed constantly re-merchandising our product walls and pastry case to entice customers to buy. – less
productive and fun to work with
Volunteer food server for homeless (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJune 29, 2014
multitask and long work day but have fun with my co-workers because I am easy going and understanding that people I work with have different background. I respect everybody opinions and very open for feedback that it helps me to improve myself and my work.
Productive and Educational Workplace
Barista & Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: taxing customers
This job is a wonderful way to interact with new people daily as well as develop friendships with co-workers easily. The work is manageable and fun with little stress. The learning curve is very steep at first as there are lots of barista basics to cover but everyone is easy to approach and ask questions. The ability to be promoted is based on work – more... ethic and people skills and is approached very seriously. I was happy my manager saw the potential in me to no only be a Shift Supervisor but also a Assistant Manager. It is a great side job but I would like to pursue something more in line with my educational degree – less
Great Place to work, well organized
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Laval, QCJune 25, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
It is a very organized Company and a fun experience. Customers and staff are very nice and it is great to have the one on one connections.
Over all I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent working for Starbucks.
Barista (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJune 24, 2014
Pros: decent hours, free lunches, friendly coworkers and constant socialization.
A typical day at work consisted of preparing beverages or pastries for customer purchase, while ensuring that they left the cash register with a smile. Sometimes I would sing while working and sometimes I would end up making a new acquaintance, but each day was guaranteed fun.
I learned how to prepare the basic coffees, teas and whipped creams. I also – more... learned the steps required to close the venue down at the end of the night.
My manager was a very friendly individual whom tried to give me as much flexibility as required at the time, though I admit that I could have been a lot more available.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with minor stresses or illnesses that I had at the time of employment, due to climate change (Florida to Canada) and occasional sickness or ailments that I was overcoming at the time. Sometimes I found it a little bit difficult to multi-task, but I believe that I would have got the hang of it had I worked there a bit longer.
The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have to be the daily socialization and being able to make people smile, even if a simple smile or "hello" was enough to brighten their day. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJune 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no time off
Typical day at work was always made fun.
I learned so much about coffee knowledge and history, the CEO and where Starbucks originated.
I had a great team of Managers who were always willing to work with you, including the co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was probably when the tourists came in from the Cruise Ships and had to explain their orders – more... differently than they were used to.
Most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new every day, and meeting great people. – less
Great, and friendly working environment.
Barista (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2014
Working at Starbucks in Longo's was great, hence why I have remained there for a long time. A regular day at work would consist of working in a fast-pace environment, serving customers with excellent service, and processing cash transactions. The management were a great team of individuals who would always be willing to listen and help to any concerns – more... one may have. There were no hard parts of the job, after you get accustomed to the routine. It was basically the same thing require from you on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be the the fact that managers would trust you in handling more advanced tasks, such as inventory and management, and being able to fulfill those tasks. – less
Stable, Fast-Paced Job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, free drinks during shifts, world corporate discount, team environment, ever changing, tips, community involvement, benefits, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Cons: irregular hours, busy, trying customers, high expectations, not a job for anyone who can't be constantly moving on their feet.
In my experience, after eight ongoing years at Starbucks Canada, I believe that Starbucks is an excellent place to work. The hours are sporadic but the people, benefits, and overall atmosphere of the job are great. I recommend the job to students and those looking for both part-time and full time work as there are always opportunities to work your way – more... up in the company. Highly recommended! – less
Fast, Fun and Friendly!
Barista, Target (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks per 8hr shifts, you get to try all the new stuff, 10% target discount
Cons: strict food and safety code
Starbucks Target is a great place to work! The Team members are fun, hardworking and great team players. Our Team leaders are very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
very friendly partners
Barista (Former Employee), tagaytay cityJune 15, 2014
Pros: free beverages
Cons: 1 hr
VERY FRIENDLY,patners...IT SO KIND
GOOD SALARY
ITS SO VERY PROFETIONAL.....all patrners
i've learned a lot esp.to coffee
i love starbucks...
Productive and fun place to work
Barista (Current Employee), Lima, PeruJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours staying stand up
I had to prepare diferent beverages following a standard recipe. I've learned that instructions are made for a reason and that is very important to clean right before you finish the beverage.
Fun, Welcoming and Laid Back
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 8, 2014
Pros: free beverages and weekly mark out (1 lb of coffee or tin of tea each week).
Cons: early mornings, rude customers.
My time at Starbucks was spent working with a wide variety of people and interacting with a wide variety of customers. While our days often began at 5 am, the team you worked with made it worthwhile. Getting to know the regular customers was one of my favourite things, and often made dealing with the nasty customers easier. Morning rushes could often – more... be stressful but with proper deployment and competent staff, flew by in a breeze, but those who are not accustomed to working in a fast paced environment will easily fall behind.

The best and worst part of this job is most definitely the people; you will interact with some amazing people and as a result will learn more than the job itself could ever teach you. On the other hand, some customers can be unnecessarily nasty and vindictive. Every barista will have a plethora of stories about crazy customers. This job embodies the phrase "When they're good they're great; When they're bad they're horrid". All in all, I loved working at Starbucks and would recommend the job to students, coffee lovers and anyone who has a knack for people. – less
Positive environment
Barista / Supervisor / Key (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: lots of standing
Very busy place with something going on all the time, was never bored and really enjoyed working with the people there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more