Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the search
Starbucks
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
The job was great. I had great colleagues, but found that management was the real issue. Not only was my manager rude, but they used tactics such as constantly telling someone the same way they are messing up, as well as threatening to send them home early if they aren't more over the top outgoing, which I found irritated and demeaned workers, and their unique personalities, more than it aided them in improving. Iv'e met great friends and had great times at Starbucks, so not to say it was all horrible.
As a high school student, this is the perfect job. The hours are incredibly flexible. Most of the time, it is quite easy to find someone to cover shifts if something unexpected comes up, but in the off chance you can't, management is unforgiving.
Pros
Free coffee, great friends, great benefits
Cons
Management, dress code
Productive and fun work environment
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 May 2017
I learned how to operate the cash register as well as how to interact with customers. I also learned how to make different drinks. The hardest part of the job was getting picky and impatient customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Picky customers
Amazing environment
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 May 2017
There is never a time that I dread coming into work. The interaction with the customers always brightens my day knowing that I am able to brighten so many peoples days.
really good team and good place to work
Full-time barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
I really like to work with them by the way i have to move my home. so can not possible to make it with them. i still missed them and their job. that is the reason, i'm trying to find a job like familiar
Lively, fast-paced work place with great benefits and great teamwork.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 May 2017
the nighttime shift workers should be payed more than the morning because of the extra things that need to get done (ie. deep cleaning). fun workplace. stressful most of the time. flexable hours
Cons
not enough pay for the stress and work of the night shifts
A great place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work in the hospitality industry. It's a fun work environment to work in, and the clientele are generally friendly and easy to serve. There are good opportunities for advancement if you stay long enough, and the compensation package is great.
Pros
Good benefits and discounts for employees.
Cons
Hours may not be sufficient, depending on the level of business that the location gets.
fast paced, but fun
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
On a typical day you would go in and be assigned certain jobs with how the manager would be running the store. you could be the barista/food gatherer or the runner of certain responsibilities. very fast paced, but fun and get to make connections with many different people.
Pros
free drinks/pastries discounts
good starting job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2017
good starting job, some nice people, good training. Pay could be better. Nice getting free coffee each week. Good hours. Would be nice to improve on the pay.
Fun place to work, easy to make friends
Barista (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 May 2017
Starbucks is a great place to work. I have found it extremely easy to make friends while creating special moments with almost every customer that walks through the door.
It is the best job if your priority is flexibility and job culture
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 May 2017
Starbucks puts a lot of effort into creating humanistic working environment- even for those who were seeking for part-time work.
Schedule can be quite flexible depends on which store you work at. In general, due to the age group of your colleagues, the working environment is rather casual and friendly.
Pros
partner discount, benefits such as free therapy and job security
Cons
busy store can be crazy
Flexible part time job in a dynamic environment
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 May 2017
Pros:
Great environment to develop essential skills
Great people to work with
Customer relationship building development
Cash handling experience
Flexible hours
Good management
Great incentives

Cons:
Minimum wage
Busy yet fun
OPERATOR/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2017
I loved Starbucks. The customers and the management made this a great place to work. Challenges and opportunities were great. I loved being kept busy and feeling valued. I enjoy great, quick conversations with people however this job is not for everyone, you need to be very active and interpersonal skills are a must!
Pros
Great people all around
Cons
Very physical, great attitude everyday
A very rewarding job and opportunity!
Barista (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC12 May 2017
From the second I stepped into the Starbucks for my interview, I knew I was going to love this job. The welcome from the staff was overwhelming. Many of the staff members wished me good luck, as I entered. The interview was very professional done, and the interviewer (my current manager) was very set in finding a perfect candidate for his post; and that he did! LOVE THIS JOB!
Good energy
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 May 2017
everyone is so happy and its such a great time coming in to work and seeing smiles on everyone's faces. i love working on till and having conversations with the customers.
Pros
partner beverages, markouts and discounts
Cons
lineups on your 15 minute breaks when you want a drink.
It all depends on which location you're at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 May 2017
Location pretty much determines your career success and how far you will go. My location was not one of the greatest and I was miserable majority of my time there. However, being a barista at Starbucks was a great experience and I will never regret working there! :)
its ok for students
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2017
Working at starbucks was alright

i loved experimenting with drinks and designing my own however we seemed to be shorted staff. SB have all these rules and yet pays little. fix that please
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short staffed
Good place to work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB11 May 2017
I learned how to multitask on a whole different level and to be patient and accommodating in the best way possible, Management was great. I enjoyed working there for over a year.
Fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
Great place to work, especially if you are just entering the work force. Hours worked well for me. I looked forward the each day being different and meeting new people.
Pros
Fun
Cons
slack management
Partners are taken care of.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB, Toronto, ON10 May 2017
One needs to be versatile in order to keep up with the busy and ever-changing duties that color the life of a Starbucks Barista. I used the cash machine, handcrafted personalized beverages, cleaned the store, and aided the clientele in their Starbucks experience. As a barista, I also found it necessary to keep my knowledge of the new product up-to-date. The best thing about Starbucks is the ability to individually care for people, The quality of the job really depends on the quality of the manager. I have worked at amazing Starabucks, and really crummy Starbucks But this is true for all jobs. Starbucks is, on the whole, a great company to work for.
Pros
Great work environment, fun place
Cons
Ones life becomes revolved around starbucks-- it is difficult to separate work and private life.
Great Team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Great co-workers, with great team work, it was a fun environment working with them and serving the customers, making handcraft drinks were fun and people were pleasant
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Fruit flies from bananas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2