Starbucks

7.3K reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting and great place to work in
Barista (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
The company takes time to value its partner. The staff and co workers are great. I would definitely re-apply.I loved my experience. I had to learn how to multitask and work very hard.
Student ideal
Cashier/Barista/Server (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Experience and good relationships
This is a great place to work if you want to upgrade from fast food and still make decent money. You gain great experience and deal with a different cliental.

i enjoyed the environment and meeting new people. You really get a sense of what ideal customer service looks like and it prepares you moving forward into the workplace.

Great company to work for.
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: regular breaks
Cons: no prospects of growth in the company
what i learned:
amazing place to work at if you wanna improve your peoples skill, they train you to be better at your job like how to deal with angry and frustrated customers.

management and coworkers:
we are a team of like minded people and getting along had never been a problem for me.

hardest part of the job:
trying to be upbeat and positive when we are super busy as we focus on a lot of things at the same time so we forget to be jolly or upbeat which sometimes comes off as rude or unwelcoming

the most enjoyable part the job:
making people smile! little things that i do which makes a persons day makes me feel happy about what i do.
Great way to meet new people
Barista (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Free beverages while on shift, one free pound of coffee/box of tea per week, health benefits available immediately
Cons: Constantly walking, bending, and lifting. Sales targets. Work ethic of coworkers can be an issue.
Starbucks is a great job, if only minimum wage. It can be mentally and physically exhausting during peak times of the day, but if you have a good team and a good manager, it can flow quite well.

Starbucks provides health benefits without a required amount of tenure, which can be stressful for employees of other organizations.

A typical day would consist of you interacting with customers, and filling their orders for food, or drink. They can have questions regarding those products, or about their loyalty program.

If you're a supervisor, it can consist of also preparing the daily cash deposit, placing coin orders as needed, and then taking it to the bank. Supervisors are also expected to monitor daily use of required products, such as milk. As such, orders are placed by supervisors weekly for different distributors.
Comfortable environment with respectful coworkers
Barista (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: 5 free drinks on shifts and experience with the espresso machine
Cons: small back of house, standing long periods
The cleaning duties were minimal as cleaning staff came in the evenings. Training and working as a barista was extremely fun and rewarding. It was a very fast-paced environment, but had a laid-back atmosphere. Management was very supportive and forthcoming. My coworkers were diverse and welcoming people. The hardest part was working in such a confined space with many people during a shift. Working the espresso bar and making drinks was definitely the best part of the job and regular customers were a joy to see.
Fast-paced and customer service oriented environment
Certified Barista (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work involved rotating positions on the floor and dealing with all kinds of customers. I learned that in order to be successful at this job you must be very flexible and have the ability to give excellent customer service while simultaneously doing behind the counter work. My co-workers were my favourite thing about the job as everyone was very welcoming and I made life-long friends. The most difficult part of the job was closing shifts where baristas were expected to complete cleaning tasks & duties, as well as provide outstanding customer service. Overall, if you are a flexible and versatile person who has excellent customer service skills, a job at Starbucks would be a good fit for you.
not great to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 27, 2016
they don't treat pregnant women very well
they just put up with them
they don't pay well either
they wouldn't let me have a bottle of water with me incase I needed it
Very fun work environment
Barista (Former Employee), Squamish, BCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: benefits, and partner discounts
Cons: low wage.
I enjoyed the experience I gained working at Starbucks, all employees are trained to work together as a team, my only struggle was the wage wasn't competitive compared to our dedication to the job, and all of the responsibilities a barista takes on.
very kind enviorment and resepctful customers and employees
starbucks 130ave SE - Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: benefits, hours, pay, employee personality, cafe enviorment
Cons: sometimes rushed when busy and working alone, making drinks and operating the till
this was a very good job that fit well with my hours, the people I worked with very nice and joyful, good benefits, good pay, and all around amazing experience and place to work.
A job you can love!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: Fun, Unique, Room for advancement, benefits packages and free coffee
Cons: Shift work
Starbucks provides a fun, fast paced work environment with room to grow and expand.

While working there, I learned how to become a barista and craft delicious espresso beverages.

I consistently worked with great managers who were eager to make sure their employees were happy and receiving enough work hours.

My co-workers were all fantastic and fun to work with and made every work day easy to get through.

The hardest part of the job is the RUSH hour, but it's still very manageable.

The most enjoyable part? The people!
productive and fun place to work
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: markout weekly
Cons: cut the time schedule if its not busy
I am working with an amazing team. We understand and respect each other and we value our customers. The management is great.The hardest part of the job is when its too busy and we there's not enough partners and that we have to multi task.The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone when we joke around and we have fun!
Energetic workplace with high demands
Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Excellent benfits
Cons: Long hours
I am currently still employed by Starbucks, but looking for other opportunities to better suit my living conditions. I have a young family and the work life balance has made spending time with my family difficult.
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: 3 free drinks, before, during and afer shift is over and a pound of coffee every week
-Everyone was so welcoming to my start date
-Helpful partners in every way
-Easy going work place
-non judgmental
-busy, busy days from Monday to Friday, a constant line up out the door
-The hardest part of the job was probably learning how to and use this list of when jobs need to be done
-Most enjoyable job was having the regular customers welcome me, encourage me with how well I am doing with making their drinks, very friendly
amazing work environment,fast paced, good energy
Barista (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: had to start very early in the morning
I had a great exsperiance working at Starbucks. The entire team was energetic, kept on their toes, and very nice. I learned alot about customer relationship, that its important to have that.
One of the hardest parts of the job is memorization.
Typical day at work
Barista (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I got to make drinks to customers and since I worked there for a long time I got to know the customers personally where I got to learn new things from customers as well.
Excellent
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: benefits are amazing
Cons: hours can be odd
Starbucks is amazing the benefits are great and the work hours are generous. The team makes the biggest difference though, I am constantly motivated by my team to do my very best.
It is a fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 16, 2016
1. Learned Canadian customer service.
2. Became a good team player
3. Realized the importance of SOP
4. A friend and kind atmosphere in the workplace
Productive Workplace
Barista & Cashier (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long Hourse
I have learned many things and helped a lot of people. I built relationships with customers, i treated them more than just a transaction.
free coffee
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 7, 2016
i have worked at multiple stores and have always enjoyed the employee atmosphere. they treat their employees well, although i feel its easier to be a pawn in the corporation than want to move up and be successful if you are happy going to work everyday and doing your job great but if you want to further yourself through starbucks i have been met by many walls and feel that the company has let down the employees that are actually trying hard, and want to be there
A 5* Company
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Shift patterns can vary
Starbucks is a great company to work for. From the first interview you really get a feel for the working environment and the type of person Starbucks employs.
There is a lot of training involved even in the most basic role, so be prepared for many hours of reading and writing (most of which is done on a computer). This is all done within your work hours though, so you are paid for your time.
The hardest part of the job is making sure all the daily tasks are completed on time. Starbucks has a strict but very effective schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the friendliest people on the planet. From customers to barista's to upper management, Starbucks its easily on of the best places I have worked.
Revenue