Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 1,038 reviews matching the search
Great place to work if you have the support
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
Current Manager for Starbucks.

Amazing company. Really it is. Great perks and benefits! Leaders constantly challenging you to do better. The opportunities are endless.

My only set back is the amount of work you are asked to do om a short period of time. As a manager it can be extremely overwhelming at times but when you factor in our benefits discounts and perks it is totally worth it!
Pros
Free drinks decent pay awesome benefits
Generally a fun work place
Barista (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CT28 March 2017
Its a fun place to work at, you get to know everybody in the area pretty well since a lot of customers become regulars. The pay isn't the best but the company offers a lot of benefits so its worth it.
Great for students
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Something for everyone. Busy stores for the active and community stores for the laid back. Generally safe environment, good culture and easily accessible.
Pros
Free drinks on shift, Partner Gold card status, benefits for full timers, etc
Cons
High traffic, management is different at each store, high turnover.
young and fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 March 2017
Fun, fast paced environment where everyday is different. You move around in a variety of positions constantly learning and challenging yourself. Everyday you get to connect with customers, learn names, drinks and have fun.
Favourite Job Ever!!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 March 2017
Starbucks was by one of my favourite places to work at!
I created life long friendships with my fellow baristas, got to know my customers and loved spreading the word on our delicious coffee and great deals!
Fast Paced, good for students.
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2017
I enjoyed working at Starbucks during University. It allowed me to connect with my local community while being a full time student.
I enjoyed the people I worked with, and our customers but didn't love the actual job.
Extremely flexible
Barista (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
A job with Starbucks is extremely flexible to each baristas individual needs and typically would be ideal for students and parents. Starbucks offers incredible benefits and perks for working with the company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lots to remember
Great launch pad.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St-Hubert, QC27 March 2017
Great school to learn how a successful business looks like. Great sense of community/friendship. benefits are great and plus you get a free pound of coffee every week and free drinks on your shifts.
Pros
free coffee and drinks and great benefits.
Cons
Impossible to have stable hours if you want to work there full time and grow in the company.
Fun, Fast paced, good managment and great coworkers.
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Wye road23 March 2017
Barista tasks such as making hot and cold drinks, running drive thru, handling cash and making transactions, general cleaning and stocking bar supplies and ingredients.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Long work days
Great experience
Barista (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time at starbucks. I loved the environment, the customers and everything about the vibe. The only thing i would change, is the wage. Starbucks is an amazing place to work.
Our store provides the fastest and quality service - Drive Thru Store
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC22 March 2017
I love working with people who have become close and personal friends, it is like a family. Team work is essential this environment. The hardest part of my day is dealing with customers that I can not make happy no matter how much I try. Some people will just not be happy no matter the effort you put in to make it right. There is a new challenge every day and I love it.
Pros
Benefits package is great, Starbucks stocks, 1lb coffee/tea markout per week
Cons
Minimum wage to start, small raises
Great place for a first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
must be fast-paced

learned how to make and serve a variety of hot and cold beverages

managers and supervisors are very friendly and open

making 'secret menu' items is a pain especially if the barista does not know how to make it

co-workers turn into your friends and being nice to customers just puts you in a great mood.
Pros
free food. drinks, and a lot of talking
Cons
stressed out making complicated drinks
Work experience
Baristas Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
My co-workers were nice and helped me out when I first started my work experience. The hardest part about the job was how fast paced the environment was at Starbucks. I learned how to sample and provide customers with those samples and restocked items when needed.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 March 2017
Starbucks is an upbeat wonderful job, in which you work hard and have fun talking to and making coffee and food for people. It's always nice to bring a smile to someone wanting hot fresh coffee in the morning or any time of the day.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
None!
Fun, fast paced, alot to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 March 2017
Fun, fast paced work environment. Company has high standards for customer experience, cleanliness, product knowledge. Must learn customers names or drinks. Overwhelming at first to get recipes down and techniques.
Pros
Free drinks, advancements within
Cons
New Brunswick territory upper management many changes and unorganized
Great company to learn and grow with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2017
Being a barista at Starbucks taught me valuable skills in customer service and teamwork. Through the extensive training that was provided by the company, I learned a lot about what it means to provide quality products and connect with customers. Working in a team was also important, and I grew close with many of my coworkers because of it, many of whom I am still close with today. The job was stressful at times, and the hours were sometimes long, but overall, I learned a lot working at this company and can safely say that I grew as a person in my 4 years there.
Pros
Free coffee, amazing coworkers, friendly relationship with regulars, good management
Cons
Early mornings, long rushes, occasional rude clients
Company growth has changed it. Great product, culture.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON20 March 2017
Love the culture, or what the culture was. Shift to sales, perfection, constantly writing people up. "Performance Managing." Long hours, high expectations, little to no support. The employees, and the great product kept me there too long. I left after my health had already become compromised, my bad. Only way to get close to doing a good job is to be there all of the time, or short your floors-abuse your employees. I left because this did not gel with who I was, nor did it gel with the position I applied for, the company I loved. Seemed, in hindsight, too many changes, too many expectations, completely de-motivating experience for all. Sad turn of events.
Pros
Mark-outs (free product weekly), great product, fair wages.
Cons
Long hours, expecattions are ridiculous, little to no tools, support
Fun
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 March 2017
Lots of fun, come in, hang out with partners and be near lots of coffee with people you can collaborate very well with, like a well oiled coffee machine
Fantastically organized, with hours in plenty.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Steveston, BC17 March 2017
Starbucks is an incredible place to work for a college student looking to receive stable income and benefits, along with flexible hours, or for someone looking to climb the company chain and make a career.

The work pace was very busy, particularly in the summer with sales reaching very high amounts considering the average of $5 per customer. Due to the pace being so incredibly high, shifts would often fly by in the blink of an eye. I loved how the shift felt like a team working towards a common goal, and not individuals working to grind through the day.

Unfortunately the company went through a nation wide series of labour cuts and benefits changes, which was discouraging to a lot of bottom level employees, including Baristas.
Pros
Free coffee, along with strong team relationships.
Cons
Some days can be especially tiring, specifically statutory holidays.
Fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia17 March 2017
Fun workplace, good atmosphere.. depending on which store you work at. Management can be good, again depending on the store. Good benefits, can book time off for events. Pay needs to increase, raises .5c every 6 months for your review.
Pros
Free coffee during shift, free pound coffee/week.
Cons
Pay

4.2