Starbucks Employee Reviews

Energetic
creative
happy
positive
Starbucks gives an individual the feeling and comfort to be positive and comfortable
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Great job for part-time students
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2017
Starbucks is the perfect job for young students that would like a flexible part-time job to make some money, but that is pretty much it. If you're not a student, and would like a full-time position this job is not for you. Tons of work and responsibility for minimum wages. If you would like weekends off to be with family, it is an unlikely option.
Pros
Free drinks, flexible hours
Cons
Little pay
Great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2017
Great place to meet people and learn different kinds of coffee. Fast pace environment, so you really need to be on your toes. But when you work with a great Team, it makes it a lot easier.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
a lot to learn
Productive and fun working environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2017
Great benefit while working with awesome crews. Some store has drive-through which means busier than those does not have. One great thing is you always getting you know your position and other people are willing to help you improve yourself.
Productive, busy and homey workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto20 January 2017
Starbucks was a little family for me and I enjoyed working there for the whole time I was there and the benefits are great and it is a great workplace!
Fun, but tiring.
Cashier/Barista/Tips (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
My typical day started at 4:30am. The start was easy since the customer was regulars, and over time it was a faster way to start the day. I liked being in first and out first. I learned a lot about coffee, and how presenting a certain item makes it desirable. I was very fond of my boss, but she was a little too tight on how things were run with the newer people, and let the older partners get away with more. Hardest part of the day would actually come and go. It was when you felt pressured to always be perfect and always be Starbucks oriented. It was hard to not always be thinking of the job even when you weren't working. I enjoyed working with the people and customers, and loved the work place. I however, did not like getting payed minumum wage for 4:30am, doing heavy lifting (patio furniture), putting away orders and doing tips. It was a lot of work with no real pay off.
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB17 January 2017
was preparing all the store to be ready for customers before opening time at 6 am , starting from preparing all coffees , teas , cold drinks in the display unit
Pros
tips every 2 weeks
Great benefits, low salary.
Barista/Barista (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
The benefits and culture at Starbucks are great, however it is not a liveable wage in a city like Vancouver. Flexible hours for part and full time.
Poor expierience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada17 January 2017
No room to grow as a professional. Did not see any leaders, only managers. Restrictive environment. Starbucks' branded culture was not present, wonder if it is a US thing. Company has a serious shortage of leaders and staff in its future
productive
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
i met a lot of great people. the management wasn't great and i didn't enjoy the job. typical day at work would be taking customers order , and making drinks and stocking up and following clean , safe and ready. i learned to be patient. the management lacked coaching. they would use aggressiveness as a form of coaching. my co workers were great. the hardest part about the job is learning the recipe. the most enjoyable part is you meet great customers.
A friendly work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
Typical day of the job involves many interactions and lots of lattes. the hardest part of the job is multitasking. I learned how to balance work and play all in one place
Extremely fun, welcoming and customer oriented environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2017
I love working for starbucks. A typical day involves interacting with my favourite guests and perfecting my milk steaming techniques. The hardest part is definitely having to keep calm when customers are yelling at you for making their drink wrong, even when you weren't the one who took their order.
Barista (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2017
Very fast pace environment to work in, all workers were very professional and treated one another with respect making customers want to come back just because of the experience they were given.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Long Hours
Great benefits and culture.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2017
I loved working for Starbucks and would say that it was my favorite job so far. Their attractive compensation and benefit structure along with the flexibility in their hours make it optimal for a student or someone with other commitments.
Fast paced, time goes by easily.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB11 January 2017
Very fast paced during the rush, it is stressful but overtime it becomes usual. There are times when things slow down. Great environment, regular customers are nice.
Unique culture, lots of drama
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2017
If you work for Starbucks, you live, eat and sleep Starbucks. No matter what store location, the culture is very modern, very millennial, and with that will be guaranteed some drama (just from your co-workers). The company itself is very clean and professional. You get good training and it is fun to work there. Good experience for anyone needs/wants the entry level fast food environment on their resume without working at McDonalds.
Pros
Free drinks, cool place to work
Cons
Co-worker drama
My store sucked
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
The staff were jerks and management had good intentions but didnt really see what went around and didnt really care to see. Staff were awful to me.
Pros
good money
Cons
staff were jerks
Overall Job experience
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Starbucks is an incredible company to work for whether your a part-time employee making money for school, or your working at Starbucks as a full time career, everyone in the company is extremely accommodating to your schedule as well as your future advancements in the company.
Great student job
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ile-Perrot, QC10 January 2017
Over the four years I have worked at starbucks, I can say that I've enjoyed working with 95% of the staff and customers.My typical day of work consists of serving customers and the day/closing cleaning tasks.
Pros
Decent breaks, great benefits such as dental, health education and stock plans, great coworkers, amazing regular customers
Fun work place
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
its a nice place to work,also the work enviroment is clean and coworker are friendly. great benefit and product was absolutlly great.