Starbucks

Starbucks Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Amazing!
Barista (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 16, 2014
Pros: free food
It has been quite an experience i enjoyed. i got most of my friends from there. you built amazing relationships with the employees and the customers.
Amazing Company
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 16, 2014
Pros: great advancement
Cons: little pay still for too much responsibilities.
A company that really sticks with the mission and vision. Learned the meaning of loyalty and management was my teaches. Co-workers started to be friends and the hardest part of the job is not to be sad on the job. The best memory is the wholeness of the company and each individual has its role and its recognize. Unfortunate is the low pay.
Once Great, Still Good
Barista (Former Employee), Prince George, BCApril 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free coffee, flexible hours
Cons: douche bag customers, restrictive dress code
I started my time as a barista in 2006, at a time when the company still felt fresh and vibrant, at least to me. What I loved about the company back at the start was the feeling that one could actually contribute to the company's direction, be it products, policies, or just overall success. There was a certain cachet to wearing the green apron back – more... then, or at least it seemed so.

I recall a company-wide management overhaul few years in (2009?) that really shook things up policy- and product-wise, and for me the sheen of the place never recovered from that. I was especially annoyed that upper management began to attempt micro-managing customer experiences because to me the freedom to create that experience based on the individual was the real Starbucks I had signed up for - connect, discover, respond.

Of course, 7 years is a long time to sling people's beans, and so perhaps my jadedness is more the result of overstaying my welcome than anything else, but at the end I was quite done with the sciolistic act you would get from customers.

The people are both the best and worst part of the job. Generally, the people behind the bar are some of the best you'll ever meet. There are some great customers, too, but unfortunately at the end of a long day it's the fatuous ones you remember, and since Starbucks makes its money by catering to the overindulgence of the North American ego I can only say that a lot of hebetating dolts end up coming to Starbucks for their affirmation. And a decaf triple soy half-sweet sugar-free hazelnut no foam extra hot extra drizzle caramel macchiato, which you will make perfectly but they will still find something to complain about for next time. – less
A high paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Horseshoe Bay, BCApril 15, 2014
In the peak summer season the workplace was buzzing and very fast paced and this made for a very fun day.
enjyable and creative place to work at
Barista (Current Employee), Rideau Center, OntarioApril 15, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunches, insurance
Cons: long hours
It is very important to insure that the clients get satisfied with their orders because of the price they pay for their drinks. One of the responsibilities as a barista is to ensure that the client does not have any allergies so the company is not responsible for any food poisoning.
My co-workers are productive and great at stress management.
The most – more... enjoyable part is being creative with the clients and propose a new way for them to take their coffee and educate them about the coffee industry.
The hardest part is managing to work long hours with never ending lines of clients. – less
Customer focused driven business
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Queensborough, New WestminsterApril 11, 2014
Pros: workers, hour, raises based on performance.
Cons: customers.
High volume with drive through, however a fun environment with the staff at most locations.
I learned a lot of very important customer service skills, which rely heavily on, not saying no. Instead, changing it to, "However we can do this for you,"
Workers at every location i've worked at were all very lively individuals.
Hardest part of the job is learning – more... all the recipes and different combinations. – less
Fun environment
Barista (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: shift work, early hours
It is a cool place to work. Fun and trendy vibe. Always nice meeting new people.
Good place to work as a team
Barista (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 7, 2014
Pros: got free drinks
Cons: wearing the wrong shoes on concrete can hurt.
Learned how to keep a fast pace and work in a small space with a great team spirited people.
The best part of the job was making every costumer happy.
The hardest part was getting along with all of the co-workers. some people just don't like others for no reason.
All in all I enjoyed trying something new. Was a good new experience for me.
Company that cares about its employees
Barista / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit plan, with equally excellent partner perks.
Cons: can be a little political, and managment is sometimes shakey.
Fast paced, with lots to learn when you fist start out. Management is typically well organized, and adaptable to almost any kind of schedule.
Productive workplace, fast-paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: low calary
As a shift supervisor I was responsible for opening or closing a store, manage and lead my team during my shifts, provide high quality customer service, cooperate with my manager, coach and train new employees, handle cash, be a good example for my co-workers, manage and solve unpredictable or unpleasant situations both with customers and employees.
Amazing, professional and fun work place
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 1, 2014
This has been the most amazing work experience that I have ever had and I would recommend this job to anybody.
starbucks
Assistant Store Manager & Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), woodrbidgeMarch 30, 2014
• Planning and Execution – Developed strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results
• Performing, delegating, follow-up on merchandising and new setups
• Actively manage store employees by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing performance feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve – more... partner performance
• Display a customer comes first attitude by training and holding partners accountable for delivering legendary customer service
• Provide coaching/direction to the store team/district to exceed operational goals
• Acquisition to achieve and exceed store operational requirements
• Develop Solid Action Plans/PDPs for developing partners
• Analyzing financial reports (budgets, PNLs, operating reports)
Coordinating all aspects of new store openings & renovations
• Ensuring that monthly Plans followed to corporate expectations
• Ability to manage the overall operations of stores independently
Extensive Knowledge of retail and restaurant industry operations
• Highly Organized and planning skills
• Strong Operational, Supervisory, Team Building and Coaching skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information – less
Fun Environment
Barista (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2014
Very friendly environment & fast paced. A good place to get connections and socialize with others. Must be able to multi task well in order to keep on with the work environment.
fun and outgoing atmosphere
Barista (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free 1lb. of coffee per week
Cons: standing all day
we are busy most of the time and i learned to enhance my capability to handle transactions efficiently and still maintain the highest level of customer service.
i am surrounded by a supportive and talented individual and each day with them at work has been a positive experience.
the most enjoyable part of my job is i get to interact with different types – more... of people and take part in making their visit personable. – less
FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT
Store Manager (Current Employee), TORONTO, ONMarch 26, 2014
FUN ENVIRONMENT AND VERY INTERACTIVE WITH CUSTOMERS. THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT.
Fun place to work
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free drinks and coffee
Cons: no consistent schedule
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and getting to know them.
Managing young people is challenging at times though.
great place to work, great benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2014
work was fun
great benefits and ok pay
flexible hours
gives lots of knowledge about coffees
Starbucks at Safeway
Certified starbucks barista (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: half price drinks
Cons: short shifts
I enjoyed working with people and making drinks for regular employees. Enjoyed working alone in the kiosk and also when I had an employee with me.
Barista (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free drinks and discounts
Cons: low hourly salary
The job is fast paced but is fun due to the work environment. Salary isn't the best but the benefits make up for the low salary. Job advancement is plentiful.
Fun and dedicated to a goal
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: limited growth potential
Excellent customer service training
Never say no mentality
Great benefits for entry level job
Good structure

1 2 3 4 5

About Starbucks

Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect – Read more