Starbucks Employee Reviews

Fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Yorkville,Toronto, Ontario6 December 2016
Working at star bucks' was a lot of fun and free coffee with many opportunities and flexible schedules. Wet coffee grains are a bit heavy duty but I guess that's why theirs always men on the floor (lol)
Pros
free drinks, 30% discount of food and shelved items, one free items week, good team setting, flexible
Cons
Very busy, wet coffee grains are very heavy, kind of stinky, early opening hours
Great, friendly place to work at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2016
As long as the store is set up for success, this can be a great place to work and a place to challenge your team and your self to be the best. It takes some great effort, and time to set up the store for success so you need to be willing to be available during all operating hours (as a store manager) because if something goes wrong and the store needs you, you need to be available.
Allows creativity, diversity and passion
Omega - Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 December 2016
Starbucks always strives to allow it's customers and partners to feel welcome, included and cared for. I've never seen a company so attentive to all the needs around them.
Pros
discounts, markouts weekly, great coverage healthwise
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2016
-meet a lot of interesting co-workers as well as customers
-culture is great
-a lot of knowledge you can carry with you for the rest of your life
Amazing workplace!
Barista Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
This job is simply put amazing. The staff and management are all very helpful. You will find this to be a family type of group where we all look out for each other.

A typical day for me was opening the cafe and making sure everything was stocked and ready to go. Having freshly brewed coffee the minute we would open and have out pasty case full.

I learned a lot about coffee and tea! There is a great deal of work that goes into it. I also got to explore my pallet more wit doing coffee tastings.

The hardest part would be knowing all of those drinks off the top of your head and being able to keep up making them in the middle of a rush.

The most enjoyable part? The rush and coffee tastings, other Starbucks partners and knowing the regulars that come in.
Pros
Free Drinks, 30% Discount
had a good time but its time to move on
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC1 December 2016
wish there was less rotation of staff, which could be achieved with more respect and better salary. the advantages, like insurance, markouts and free drinks were good perks.
productve and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor/Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
A great place to work, you can meet a lot of people working for Starbucks with great benefits aswell. Starbucks has a positive working environment.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2016
Fun work place since you get to talk to people and get to know them and become their friends eventually. Everyday you meet different kind of people and some of them shares how their day have been. It is pretty fulfilling. Feels so good to see a connect to strangers,
fun co-workers but terrible management.
Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 November 2016
It was a great job from my experience. my only issue is with the higher ups who are very uncultured in the actual work force due to external hires. My first manager was great but after her replacement was a very rude and bitter person.
A good student job
Barista/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
If you are a student looking for a part-time job, this is a good option for you. Although it was tiring, it teaches you about work life balance. I didn't mind it.
It was great place to work
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yvr20 November 2016
All over I had great experience working, Great people to work with co-worker and Management was very friendly and trained staff
Great Benefit
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 November 2016
Have been working for more than 3 years now.
Starbucks has awesome benefit plans and stock plans for baristas and consider all employees valuable partners.
Feel as though they would protect partners in any situations but the quality of customer service provided is tiresome to employees.
Customers are accustomed to 'just say yes' and 'make it right' so even when they arbitrarily want everything we have to say yes and provide everything.
I think all the partners deserve to get a lot more raise
Pros
Free beverages and great benefits
Cons
quality of customers
Happy upbeat environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Starbucks the my coworkers and management were great! Couldn't of been happier with that career choice in my life thanks Starbucks for the opportunity
Positive atmosphere, friendly customers
Certified Barista (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 November 2016
The best thing about working at Starbucks is the ability to build and maintain rapport with customers. We're encouraged to have conversations and learn about the people who come in. We joke with our customers, tell the occasional story, and listen about what's going on in their daily lives. That we are able to make them feel like people and not just a transaction really builds moral, at least for me.
My partners are wonderful, as well. Full of personality and good humour, they always make it a good time to come in to work.
Pros
Free coffee on your shift
Cons
The pay could be better, honestly.
Amazing Company
Barista (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
Starbucks is an amazing company to work for. The work environment is challenging yet very rewarding; everyday is a new day filled with new faces which makes the job even more fun! Company benefits are amazing too.
I enjoy working for Starbucks
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 November 2016
I love the atmosphere and my coworkers. Everyone enjoys their time working there and people are always so positive. Our regular customers all know us by name and are always cheerful when they walk in our doors.
Great Place to work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 November 2016
Amazing people, amazing customers, and amazing culture. Starbucks has a way of making all employees within all tiers of management feel like they are special and are a key valuable component of the business/company.
An enjoyable and enriching experience
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
the typical day working at starbucks was, in one word, fun! i learned quite a lot of things such as; time management and leadership. The management were amazing and my co-workers were some of nicest people i've ever met. The hardest part about the job was that it was extremely hard to maintain while still being in school, if i could have done both i would. in general though, Starbucks was an amazing experience for me and would surely be the same for anyone else!
Pros
great people, fun workplace, nice pace, great benefits
Cons
long hours, no flexibility when it came to hours
Great team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Typical day at work: signed into cash register, took customers orders, warmed up food, made beverages, swept, mopped, threw out garbage.
I learned how to remain focused in a fast-paced environment.
An Amazing International Team
Barista Part Time (Former Employee) –  queens quay12 November 2016
Being apart of a Starbucks team has given me the opportunity to exercise my skills in a warm and buzzing environment. Being a barista at Starbucks has guaranteed a healthy and happy relationship with my fellow baristas at starbucks and most importantly serve the customers with a certain special interest to develop a welcoming relationship.
Pros
Great team. Great manager. Amazing customers.
Cons
Little space to work with, in my location.