Star Security Employee Reviews

fun and enjoyable
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2017
overnights were hard at first, but everyone working there was very helpful and understanding...

good communication between guards and the supervisors
Pros
free food
If you want to be a sercurity gard I recommended this company 100%
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
This is the best company to start your security guard career.
Pros
Lots of work in season
Security Office
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
Very great company to work for. Gained an abundance of experience as well as education. Phenomenal management in the office, and always glad to work for them.
Very fun and productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 July 2017
Fun job as it lets you do a variety of different tasks from securing a concert to crowd control at sporting events, quite interesting experience you gain.
fun
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 June 2017
I have no complains with this company that I have worked with 7 years. The only thing is that the company star security is paying me 11.50 per hour. And I can't survive with 11.50
very boring
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 April 2017
was treated like a pilon the whole time. pay was too cheap, breaks basically weren't allowed because of shortage of staff. and not easily able to communicate when needed. no radio given to myself
Pros
Cons
no breaks sometimes
Good place to start for experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 March 2017
Could make more opportunities for advancement for their employees.
Higher pay rate would be appreciated, even individuals with years of experience in the security industry are getting paid minimum wage.
Good company to start with for that security experience in a variety of different settings.
Not a company that would be beneficial to maintain a career within.
Fun workplace
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 February 2017
Working with star security was probably the best experience ill ever have the opportunity to work. I was very fortunate working with a lot of A list talent being their Close Protection.
fun,exciting,meet cool people,work with many diffrent agencies and events
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 November 2016
arrive
write in report log arrivale time
log hourly duties
log any issues on duty that night
call for back up if needed
write in report departure time
Pros
training opportunity, meet different people and work and watch cool events
Cons
on-call transportation
Review
Security Guard (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON23 November 2016
Great company to work for. Flexible hours, great staff and co-workers. Hardest part of the job is being on your feet for so long.
Great Summer Jobs & Security Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2016
Learned lots and met a lot of people in my field of work. This was on the field work dealing with situations and people. Much better then boring Condos or construction sites. Back to school but plan to return next summer. For all those taken police foundation or law and security this is the company for you.
Pros
Lots of work, Variety type of security work
Cons
Decent workplace, long hours but overall went well
Boots & Hearts - Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oro-Medonte, ON29 August 2016
Hardest part would definitely be the long hours, but i didn't really mind because i prefer night shifts. All of the guards were taken care of in terms of having a place to sleep, which was at a college dorm which was quite close to the workplace. Although free lunches were provided, there have been several mishaps where they were delivered really late, or weren't given at all
Pros
Free lunches, being able to stay at a dorm nearby, management was good for the most part
Cons
long hours, sometimes unorganized
It's okay..
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2016
Pay very little for bouncer like environment. Expectations are very high although pay doesn't even come close to matching the effort. Shifts are rarely available and when they are company will continue to call you non stop for you to come and work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2015
This company gave me many life skills and taught me management of my time to put into my work life. Also this company assisted me into creating more opportunity openings for future careers
Pros
Free food
Cons
traveled to ottawa and timmins
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2015
this was the most exciting job I've had because i got to escort celebrities at the much music building, also we got to travel all over Ontario with hotel fees paid
Pros
free lunch, 1 hour break, meeting celebs, decent pay
Cons
long hours up to 17 hours rushed breaks
i worked only for 3 days
security guard (Former Employee) –  toronto25 February 2015
i have worked with them in DEC 14. the pay was great. the management is great but the field supervisor not so. mean.

i would like to work in the future.
Pros
pay
Nice people, not much room for advancement.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Markham4 August 2014
More of a mom and pop type of security company. The pay can be good if your position is in demand. Typical day of work would be event security so having people provide their I.D., searching for alcohol and drugs, providing access control and other basic security duties. I learned the knit and grit of security here and the importance of suitable confrontation based on behaviour. The management is very nice and very easy to talk to.They provide positive reinformcent and act as if they are your friends. Scheduling can be problematic, but they are very flexible if you require more hours. Co-workers have all been good people and easy to get along with. Almost felt like a family environment. The hardest part of the job is reasoning with intoxicated individuals and having to detain them when they got rowdy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you realize you actually did somebody a favour when removing them from the prmises as they could have ended up in the hospital or in jail.
Pros
Great management, great co-workers
Cons
Problematic scheduling, different locations
metting many different people
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  toronto6 July 2014
working digital dreams was a very great experience, I learned crowed control the management was supportive, and my co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the heat it was very hot and it was a long shift over all it was a great experience I meet lots of people and I would do it all over again.
Harsh hours but fun events
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2013
This company over works its employees, without proper breaks and no overtime pay for working the long 18 hour shifts. This company does, however, get great events to work at, but gives no protect at night clubs where there is a lot of violence (stabbings and shootings.)
Pros
Great events
Cons
Long hours, Poor pay, doesn't make the employees personal safety accessible
Star Security is seasonal job based on big events scheduled
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2013
It is a seasonal job, its on call with inconsistent hours. My salary is not enough to pay my bills but it is enjoyable working with them. Working with Star as a security guard has given me experience, especially working in the night clubs as I have become more tough , fearless, and strict for the safety of all people. Overall I have had a nice experience :).