Staples Employee Reviews

Fun Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2017
Come in around 3:30 and start closing duties right right away because the store is a mess. The management isn't the best. The culture of the work place is very diverse.
Flat..Zero room for promotions
Category Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
At head office its a few managers who do little and lots of "specialists" who have been in the role for 10 plus years and do most of the actual work. High expectations, low salaries, terrible raises.
Pros
10% off
Cons
No advancement
Hard work but well trained
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ontario7 June 2017
Good place to work. Accomodating to students. Great place to develop sales and social skills. Work can be hard, but training is often better than most retailers offer.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Very busy, can be overwhelming to new hires
Secure but demanding
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Novato, CA6 June 2017
Once you get the job, as long as you don't do anything stupid, you can feel secure that you wont lose it but most of the part time employees (and some of the full time employees) lack motivation and will leave you to do the lions share of the work yourself. You need warm bodies to work the registers (so you can't fire them without causing yourself more work) and no one is clamoring to work there but upper management still want goals met. If you get the job expect to work hard.
fun workplace
Technology Associates (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
good place with a lot of good people.
managers are good and are true leaders.
these people are really working for the future of the company.
people are good in here
Cons
not so many
Questionable employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 June 2017
Friendly co workers, but if you do not quite fit in to the staples crowd dont expect to. I remember feeling alienated because I didnt have the same interests, or the same age as a lot of the other workers who had been there longer than me. I was not Happy when I found out I was being paid 9.99/hour. One cent short of minimum wage based on the staples fundamentals on how much you earn based on your job description AND hours worked. Never made sense to me
Enjoyable job
Copy Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 May 2017
Good place to work but they don't pay well and especially not accordingly. The copy centre should be paid more then cashiers as it is a high paced and different kind of work then just a cashier. I do love the management at the store and my associates I work with!
Crummy shelf stocking
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON30 May 2017
This job is interesting if you're into memorizing multiple numbers and feeling like an accountAnt who stocks shelves. Not my idea of a permanent job!!
Productive and easy to get along with
Cuatomer service (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS30 May 2017
A typical day at work i would be hard working yet relaxed. Share best practices with others. I've learned alot over the years and continue to gain knowledge with each new experience.
Pros
Free lunches customer service recognition
Cons
Working long hours
receiving
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
Unloading pallets and inventory
organizing the floor for the day and night staff to do all of their jobs that they did through the day
follow safety procedures
Great Teamwork~!
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT25 May 2017
Working at Staples as my first job as an individual was an amazing experience! Was able to gain a lot of life skills and job skills whilst working with my Yellowknife team. Was given many opportunities to expand my skills within each department.
Fun place to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2017
I have faced different types of customers. Every customer is a different challenge. Management is really supportive in nature. I have learned about different marketing strategies implied in sales floor.
very poor management
Electronics sales (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 May 2017
The managers were bullies and did not care for the employees. they use to treat us like dirt and did not stay truthful to there words when it came to offering employees time off. I have been told that numerous people have quit and left for a better work life.
Easy going workplace
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 May 2017
This is a good job for a high school student. I was once very anti social but because of the nature of this job and having to constantly be talking to customers it made me come out of my shell.
Pros
easy going job
Cons
angry customers.
understanding work environment with lots of great energy
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 May 2017
over all staples has a lot of energy from its employees, the managers are understanding of students and will try to work with their schedules. Great job for anyone needing to build costumer service experience or as a first job in general.
Excellent company
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia10 May 2017
Excellent company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities. Workplace culture is great. Great work/life balance. Friendly staff and associates are excellent.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate/Tech Department (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 May 2017
Employee discount isn't too good. however its a good environment to work and offers a good experience of work. Overall okay place to work, wouldn't recommend it.
productive workplace
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2017
Staples is a team work based company. Everyone helps each other out, you learn great costumer service skills, and you really feel like your a part of the team when working there.
Loved it
Computer Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON6 May 2017
Really great company to work for, great management, always supportive of future goals, whether it's with the company or elsewhere. Able to work in all departments
Pros
great work gatherings
I really enjoy working at Staples 169
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 May 2017
I am fortunate that I work at one of the best stores in the district with management that expects nothing less than the best to keep the store on top. This isn't the same for all stores, unfortunately, but for the ones that bring their A game constantly, from the managers on down to the part-time people, it is a great place to be. I am proud of the store I work for, and that is not a complement lightly given 😊

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.