Staples Employee Reviews

Bureau en gros
Directrice divisionnaire des ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 November 2016
Overall great experience. Good benefits and a good balance with family and work. Lots of "employee day". Back to school was really busy but fun. Working weekends and nights were hard once I had my kids.
Pros
benefits, good balance, lots of team work
Cons
working nights and weekends
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
This is a very admin heavy job, little time to actually go and sell to customers. Lack of response and support from internal department is very frustratng.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2016
Managed a large portfolio, enjoyed the customer facing meetings however this job is a lot more admin work than necessary. Lack of internal accountability is a large problem.
Great Place to Work!
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2016
Staples Business Depot provides its employees with exceptional training and a healthy work environment. They are a business that puts a lot of money into training their associates to not only become greats sellers and helpful employees, but also to become better individuals outside of work.
This job provides its employees with the opportunity to gain knowledge on technology and current business strategies. It also provides employees with additional workshops that can be attended to better ones knowledge on particular products and technology.
Great if you are a young wipper snapper..lol
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC18 October 2016
I enjoyed it to a point. I liked to help my customers but when it came time for a raise I was actually very disappointed after a year of service to get a .25 cent raise.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
on night shift no place to have a smoke break as we could not exit the store
great work environment
Receveur / Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC18 October 2016
reception of goods, maintain reception area and all related warehouse duties. identify and secure valuable items in lock up. assist client with furniture purchases.
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
reduced hours
Computer Assistant
Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC17 October 2016
I worked at Staples Canada in Westmont QC in September 2008 until December 2009 as a Computer Assistant. My job is to guide the customers for the electronic items they wanted to buy and promote the additional insurance in order to improve the customer satisfaction towards their products.
Pros
Rebate for buying the products in store
Great Place to Work!!
Customer Service Associate & Aisles Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 October 2016
My experience at Staples has been more than a pleasure. Unfortunately, they do not offer full-time hours to associates which is what I need.
Pros
Friendly co-workers/management
Cons
Not enough hours
Always a target to achieve, and freedom of expression at all levels.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Its Been great working with staples so far. Great benefits and great team. The only concern is very low chances of growing within the company. The culture of putting customers first at all times is a great value at staples. They are strong in customer service.
Relaxed work environment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Strong work life balance is encouraged by management. A positive and relaxed work environment. Collaboration and partnership is seen throughout the many teams and departments.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Run away
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middle Sackville, NS20 September 2016
Don't apply if you value your health and sanity. They use you awful and stab you in the back. Had to go on stress leave because they bullied me about my health problems.
Cons
Amazing Company to work for, with lots of room for advancement
Divisional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON14 September 2016
Great company to work for with lots of room for growth. With Retail everyday is different and that's what makes it interesting.
My experience at Staples
Cashier/ Aisles (Former Employee) –  Staples Alberta 130th Avenue location12 September 2016
A typical day at Staples was quite enjoyable. I am close with many employees. All were very good roll models to me. I had many tasks to complete everyday and was always efficient enough to get them done. I would do a report on one aisle everyday day of the week. After completing the report and looking for merchandise i would down stock the entire front half and back half of the aisle. After fully down stocking the aisle i would do stock that was received that day. Anywhere from 1-30 pallets of stock i would work on daily. The management was very happy to see how hard i work and how efficiently i work and complete so much in a short amount of time. I was consistently recognized for my attitude and energy. Throughout the day I'm also helping customers with all there needs and questions. I also would cover breaks at the tills when the cashier wanted to take her breaks. I was placing orders online for customers if we didn't have the product in store. I would also call other staples in Calgary to transfer in product that we don't have in stock to be able to get the product to the customer that they are asking for. The hardest part of the job was the beginning, learning where all the product went, how to work the scanners and also how to organize tasks so they are completed efficiently and properly the first time. I developed all those skills needed in a short amount of time and it was often recognized. After one year i was promoted to Aisles Lead/Captain. This job consisted of training everyone in aisles new or previous employees. I trained them everything there was to know about  more... aisles. I was always open with them and welcomed them to ask any questions. I wrote lists of tasks for the night associate before leaving work. Writing the list i found helped the management for that night it gave them a idea of what needed to be done and they could guide the associate if they had any questions about the tasks. Leading the entire half of the store was most definitely one of my favorite things. Loved to watch people grow and learn. I consistently recognized all people i trained. When the employees were doing a good job i found it very important to be encouraging and proud. If they had any struggles they knew they could ask. If i noticed they were having difficulty completing a task i would talk to them and go over it with them to help them further understand. After doing that i would personally help them with the task just in case they had any questions or concerns. The other benefits were working with all my fellow associates, and interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. It felt great to be able to help customers. I also liked doing the stock, once all pallets were empty you feel accomplished and you know you made a difference and also made the management very happy. I've taken a lot from this experience and I am ready to begin another chapter and experience and learn more.  less
Pros
Work benefits, Great staff, Supportive managers
Cons
Low wage, looking for something now that pays more
Supportive and high energy workplace
Technology Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
I enjoy working for Staples. My management team is extremely supportive and encourages employees to grow every day. I strived to to take on a leadership role and the management team coached me into the role of Technology Consultant. I am pleased to say that with their help I learned to be a stronger leader than ever before. I enjoy communicating with customers and ensuring they leave the store with a total solution. The hardest part of the job is handling unhappy and impatient customers who can sometimes direct their anger towards you as the associate. I have learned to avoid taking it as a personal attack and try to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Unhappy customers
Excellent Workplace
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2016
My experience with Staples was phenomenal, the staff are great, management even better, could not have asked for a better job. Training was by far the best i have experienced, really goes in depth with training and very thorough. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about the company and people i have worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was promoted to Technology, really enjoyed making sales, the customer interactions, and learning the knowledge of the products and becoming more aware of the knew products coming out. Made you really stay at the top of your game. However it was time for me to move on after the years in order to progress in my career that will offer more.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
Not the best pay
Working at Staples call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 September 2016
I really loved working at Staples call center, they were understanding and accommodating when the time was needed. I enjoyed working for Staples, and getting to talk to the customers from different places in the United States. 99% of the time the customers were friendly, but you do come across the odd grouchy,or racist or just nasty people. But I didn't mind dealing with them, all they want is for someone to listen to what they have to say! The only thing I would complain about the company is that they don't pay enough an hour, Where as other call centers pay almost $20 an hour, Staples would offer minimum or unless you had experience then they would offer a bit more. They have awesome benefit coverage, and paid holiday, so you would think they would pay more to their employees. Price for lunches in the cafeteria was acceptable, Management was great and understanding and there for you if you needed to talk to someone! I just wish they didn't close their doors and moved it to the Philippines because I would still be working there if they didn't move.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Working on important holidays except Christmas
Great place for the entry level experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
I used to work at Staples as a Sales Representative in the year 2014. This place is a great learning tool for the entry level people.
High rotation of staff
Préposée au service à la clientèle/caissière (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC9 August 2016
It's a fair place to work. Employees are young and a lot of part time staff. Team work is promoted but not necessarily applied.. As most retail stores, lots of tagging to do and constant changes and rotations in the store. All in all it's an ok place.
Pros
continuous training
Cons
too much promotion
Interesting, Different
Technology Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2016
No day is the same, I am learning so much about interacting with people and the day to day challenges of a business.

Co workers are easily the best part of the job, I enjoy seeing them each and everyday.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the bureaucracy and unreasonable expectations on everyone.
Happy, high spirited, knowledgeable
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 July 2016
All of the staff and management are happy, high spirited, knowledgeable people and the customers highly appreciate us for it.
There are lots of opportunity for advancements, which were made very clear in the orientation process, while naming many people who had advancements. Management is absolutely phenomenal and supportive and are well aware of what is going on in every area of the store and are always more than happy to step in when assistance is needed.
Pros
Paid breaks. Great co-workers and management. Happy customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval