Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

tv in break room
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 5, 2015
worked as a customer service representative, able to make orders for delivery for customers for furniture, great staff throughout my time there
Excellant Co-workers
Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to grow your Leadership abilities, lots of available training for those wanting to improve sales and Management skills.
Great place to work in and great company values
BDM Copy & Print (Current Employee) –  Golden HorseshoeDecember 2, 2015
Staples is a great place to work in. The company gives back to the community by taking part in raise fund events. It also helps out people with special needs by preparing them for the workforce.
Enjoyed the time a Staples
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 1, 2015
Each day at Staples would be new and offering challenges for every call. Every call would be different which broke a variety to me. Learned every day how to assist the caller and navigate through the ordering system, as well as the website to assist each caller.

There was hands on training for different departments.

Enjoyed my time at Staples.
store
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
great people to work with and great environment. just not the best management team. loved the people i work with and the hours were great. wish other people were trained for my position
Friendly environment
Technology Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
This job teaches you a lot about how to interact with different customers, and how to relay their specific needs with a product that you have in the store. The friendly atmosphere allows for an effective way to sell but also have fun while doing so.
one of the best jobs i have had
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABNovember 25, 2015
i worked at the stapes in okotoks for two years, in that time we went from a teranical general manager with overly kind and helpfull.that first year was hellish. after that we had a substitute manager unti one was found.
Pros
good hours
Cons
high turnover of part time staff
Has great learning opertunities
service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCNovember 25, 2015
It is a retail business and as such the wage is average and there is no real job security. It is more suited to a younger range of employees.
Staples sells supplies, office machines, promotional products, furniture, technology, and business services both in stores and online
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONNovember 20, 2015
Engaged clientele with a friendly and professional demeanor and resolved concerns in a diplomatic and tactful manner. Followed all correct cash register operations, as well as maintaining integrity while entering services into the cash register.
great place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 19, 2015
I loved my job some days were challenging, learned many different skills.The management, were always friendly and one could go to them for anything, my co workers were awesome we became like a family
Wasn't the best atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 14, 2015
Wasn't the greatest place to work. I worked there for three years in various different roles. High employee turnover. Wasn't the best place to work.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
The co-workers are nice and so are the managers. I learned everything I know about cash through staples. The hardest part about working at staples includes the short hours, the times when nothing is happening, and the distance. Overall, staples is an alright first job but only as a first job.
Fun
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2015
i love vounteering here every year its always festive got a t shirt and ecouraged other to join jbg camp there was a fair going on as well
Demanding and fun workplace
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCNovember 7, 2015
A typical day at work consist of serving many customers and trying to sell the best product for their needs. Selling warranties and installations are key as well to a good sale, I learned how to serve the customer with perfection. Management is an issue with the company I find because every manager wants something different and it confuses and aggravates many employees. Co-workers are awesome and always willing to help others and know how to work as a team.
Pros
Young staff
Cons
Poorly managed locally & nationally.
Certified Depot Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 7, 2015
The local manager has zero credentials in management, poor organizational & planning skills.

Failed to comply with company protocols for safety and failed to report any unsafe working conditions. The work area has poor ventilation, no windows, no emergency exit & one entrance.

Co workers were very knowledgeable, patient & overworked. Menial duties were added on a very regular basis & workers were still required to maintain high productivity levels without additional support.
Pros
Weekday hours & no weekends
Cons
training could be improved
great work enviroment , poor disaplinary procedures
Temporary Renovation Worker (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKNovember 2, 2015
the structure and resources for a starter job are great but it completely depends on the staff to which you work with because if clicks have been pre established then look out for poor training and favouritism.
Private
Private (Former Employee) –  PrivateOctober 27, 2015
i will not like to share my work experience of staples.dsfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Good Company, hard to advance far in career
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONOctober 23, 2015
It is a great company to work for. Great benefits, good hours and a great management team. Hard to advance though, since many of the managers have been here long term and are comfortable in their positions. Usually only opportunity for advancement is when someone quits / they expand departments.

Overall, not a bad experience. Happy to work here.
good for a bit
Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABOctober 22, 2015
The work is decent, but they don't pay very well and the current mangers there are terrible to work with. The politics within the company aren't very tolerable either. Try to stay in line if you decide to work here.
The day in the life of Staples associates
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONOctober 22, 2015
Engage clientele with a friendly professional demeanor as they entered the store. As a lead in the service department, I ensured customer satisfaction while processing purchases and resolved customer concerns through returns and exchanges. Provided guidance, motivation, and assisted in training and development of new associates while ensuring that tasks were performed with high standards of quality.

One of the most memorable experiences that I learned was how to be oblivious to distractions while multi-tasking.

Management was a team group effort and we had each others back during challenging times.

Co-workers were diverse in both values and beliefs, which brought to our team intellectual diversity

The hardest part of the job was when unhappy customers would leave the store, knowing you had done your best to satisfy their needs. That being said, the most gratifying is when we would solve their concern or issues that lead to loyal clientele following.
Pros
Team support
Cons
standing long hours