Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good for a bit
Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABOctober 22, 2015
The work is decent, but they don't pay very well and the current mangers there are terrible to work with. The politics within the company aren't very tolerable either. Try to stay in line if you decide to work here.
The day in the life of Staples associates
Service Lead (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Team support
Cons: standing long hours
Engage clientele with a friendly professional demeanor as they entered the store. As a lead in the service department, I ensured customer satisfaction while processing purchases and resolved customer concerns through returns and exchanges. Provided guidance, motivation, and assisted in training and development of new associates while ensuring that tasks were performed with high standards of quality.

One of the most memorable experiences that I learned was how to be oblivious to distractions while multi-tasking.

Management was a team group effort and we had each others back during challenging times.

Co-workers were diverse in both values and beliefs, which brought to our team intellectual diversity

The hardest part of the job was when unhappy customers would leave the store, knowing you had done your best to satisfy their needs. That being said, the most gratifying is when we would solve their concern or issues that lead to loyal clientele following.
Don't work here
Resident Computer Technician (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 22, 2015
This place is terrible for everyone who isn't management. Unrealistic expectations with borderline minimum wage is not conducive.
Busy, fun exciting place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Brampton OntarioOctober 20, 2015
Great company to work for. Customers , staff and management were all wonderful and although we were business oriented we had a lot of fun and laughter.I loved the challenges and over coming them. ( such as selling warranties) They also had a great home accessable training centre where you could take modules on your own and aquire extra knowledge.
Fun Work place and good training ground
Cashier, Customer service rep, copy centre assoc (Former Employee), fort mcmurray abOctober 12, 2015
Pros: free gift cards
Cons: cutting hours
Needs more training for associate advancement especially those on technical dept. The top management should give full time associate a regular schedule and let others do cross-training to other department. Generally, new management is striving to do more fun activities for career growth and open to suggestions which is good.

The best thing in this job is when they gave me a chance to take exam and being certified as print-pro where I proved to myself and to them that I am their potential employee, unfortunately they will no longer renew tfw so I have to find way/s to look for another employer:)
Productive and interesting job
Sales Tech Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
I enjoyed all of the given tasks at Staples as i was working in a very close to my interests department (tech). I was able to make various sales with printers, laptops, inks and toners, and other products. I very much enjoyed assisting customers and giving them professional views on many products.
Enjoyable, productive and friendly work place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 10, 2015
Learned to be myself, and strive for success. Working for this company was great. My day would start off my me logging into my phone and attending to any emails that needed my attention.
Only work here if you have to.
Administrative Specialist / Copy Lead (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Basic benefits
Cons: I could write a book.
Retail...management was unprofessional, often bordering on harassment despite company training- poisoned work environment. Pay was horrible and didn't keep up with inflation. They don't give out good reviews to anyone because they don't want to pay you the extra 25 cents it would entail. Hard to leave on time because of bag checks that you might have to wait 20 minutes or more for. I loved the work, worked hard, did my time, but was relieved to leave.
Very nice company to work with.
Services Supervisor (Former Employee), EdmontonOctober 6, 2015
Staples is a very good company to work with. The pay at staples is not much appreciative. The management is the best management team you can find.
Excellent Place to work
Operation Resolution Specialist for Credit/Fraud (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Opporunity to work from home
Cons: Traffic getting to the center can be hard.
Staples is a company that care about both their employees and their customers. They go out of their way to try to resolve any and all issues with the customer. They are always working with the customer to ensure that possible options are reviewed to make sure that any procedures used is the best for the customers.
Productive, enjoyable, business environment
Customer Service, Aisles, and Furniture Associate (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ON, and Hamilton, ONSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Comfortable setting, upbeat employees, business essentials
Cons: Inconsistant hours
A typical day involves greeting customers, assisting them with any needs, and contributing to a team environment. This includes many tasks such as welcoming a customer with a warm smile as they enter the store, answering any questions they may have about any products or services, and putting through purchases, returned, and exchanges.

I have learned that there are two different types of customers. The first being a customer who knows exactly what they are looking for when they enter the store. Whether this be a specific product or a particular feel of the environment, such as buying a printer. The other is a customer who is not quite sure what they are looking for and typically seeks guidance, such as looking for supplies for a school project. With this information, and with careful consideration, helping each customer is a different and unique experience.

Working as a team is an important part of business success.It begins with a good management team. They influence their workers and environment. They help shape a good or bad day. The co-workers add to a good or bad experience. This may vary due to the variety of personalities. Overall, the Staples team was great with customer service and a fun environment.

The most difficult part of the job is hard to pinpoint. Many people do not enjoy working in a retail position, however, working at a Staples is more than retail, it's helping people better their business. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers. Especially when we, as a Staples team, can help them with all of their needs and they at 100% satisfied.
Good
Technology Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Good and friendly environment to work ......................... Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleaguess and learning from them.
technology
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
i picked chairs using a cherry picker i was a sales associate who would help clients on the floor i cleaned up back stock organizing stock and also back stock
Fun workplace with great staff
Floor Associate/ Copy Center Associate (Former Employee), Lasalle, QCSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Great flexible hours
Cons: Low start off salary
Very nice and friendly staff. Flexible hours and good management. Managers and supervisors care about the safety and well being of their employees. Comfort and productivity are important to this company.
Category Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: In-house gym and cafeteria, great management, strong training
Cons: Some co-workers with negative attitudes, some ambiguity in terms of what you should be doing
I worked here on a co-op work term in the category management division and had a wonderful time while I was here. I learned a lot and met numerous great people. Many of the people you meet have a positive outlook and attitude during the day, while others not so much. The most exciting part of my job was seeing the impact I had with my actions.
Fun and fair place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Leamington, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: amazing people
Cons: inconsistent schedules
All of the people at Staples made the job easy to learn and enjoyable to go into on a daily basis. I love working in Customer Service and the customers were wonderful people. Some of the tasks were difficult to complete during my pregnancy, however, my co-workers were willing to help when/where they could.
Staples do not care about their employees
Agent de réclamation garantie prolongée (Current Employee), Laval, B5September 10, 2015
Everything is bad. The management is not supporting their employees with basic demand such has basic training and support.
Good place to work for students
Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: lots of favortism and a low wage for what they expect of you
I was a Supervisor for almost a year. I liked the hours and days that I was scheduled. The management is not supportive of the supervisors, even though you're still a manager it doesn't feel like it. There's a lot of micro managing and my manager told me that I needed to figure the job out for myself not to ask her how to do something ( there are video's but not a lot of one on one). They don't like it if you ask a lot of questions and not a lot of patience. I really didn't have a good experience there. I was a store manager for almost 10 years so I know how to properly train staff, be compassionate and have respect to others especially when they're new. I wouldn't go back.
Customer Service
Branch Manager / Store (Former Employee), Montreal, QcSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Enjoy the challenge of finding a solution to a customers need.
Cons: Not always having enough time in one day to accomplish.
Managing copy and print is never boring. The basic or complex work order makes the day interesting. Some customers require a more one on one approach, while others are quick to drop off with instructions. Such a variety of different requests the work is far from boring. The challenge of meeting a deadline to selling the customer what they require and fulfilling the order. Working as a team and passing the information along is the most important thing to do. Customers are always interesting and at times very demanding.Staff is great work with, great sense of team spirit and ready to lend a hand. Management always ready to give the support when needed. First impression are always the most important. Being a people person and interacting with so many different customers is always a pleasure.
Good place to work but...
Tech Consultant (Former Employee), OrilliaSeptember 1, 2015
Management was AWESOME, coworkers where cliquey and some not so welcoming. Good learning environment, good trainer. The hardest part was working around my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers and having friendly customers.
Employees