Staples

Staples Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Norco, SKJuly 6, 2012
Pros: great salary opportunities, easy opportunities for advancement
Cons: improper balance of management at times, forms of favoritism
The busy times fluctuate throughout the day, and the customers need their products quickly in order to be efficient with their day. Juggling a work environment with competitive employees, and demanding customers tends to be the toughest part of the day. However, the interaction with employees becomes very enjoyable.
Productive work place with good customer service
Technology Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 15 % discount on products
Includes attending around 30 calls per day and directing to 2 nd level if required . 75 percent are solved in phone and rest in store.

Performing the visual inspection of desktop ,laptops and noting the condition of the devices

Creating the tickets and making sure the problem is resolved in 72 hours

Performing setups , installation , maintenance and repair
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Talking with customers, adding attachments.

Learned a lot about Tablets, Printers, Laptops, and how to add attachments.

Management is well organized. Lots of help from managers comes in handy.

Co-workers are friendly, exciting, and help out during your day.

Stock filling would be the hardest.

Talking to customers, adding attachment and making the sale is the most enjoyable part of the job. More the attachments, more the fun.
very productive
Co op student (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: gave breaks when staying longer than the standard 2.5 co op hours
Cons: when a really busy holiday came up, and i hardly got work done
As a co op student I got handed the same responsibilities as a worker, like stocking shelves and working in the copy center. Management was good, everyone was very friendly! Hardest part of the job was inventory. But the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of helping customers and having some work experience.
Focused Leaders in Management and Growth.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSJuly 11, 2012
Pros: lateral moves and advancements are encouraged, supported and fairly frequent.
Cons: late hours worked.
I have learned about taking care of the customer and making things right. I have truly felt like there is one Team . Together we can really resolve situations and grow the business. I have learned how to go outside of guidelines when it makes sense to gain or keep a customer and to take ownership and pride of this.
I enjoyed my staff
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 15, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: changes made to the store lost a lot of employees
I really enjoyed the old managers for the first 4 years then they brought in new management, and it was difficult for a lot of the old staff to change there routine, I even had old managers complaining about the new routine, I tried my best to keep everyone happy. The management and staff said that I was a very calming and happy person who respects everyone and want everyone to be happy
Great retail setting
Copy & Print Centre Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2012
Staples was the beginning of my foray into digital print, and I certainly learned and aquired great skill while being there in the Copy Centre. I left just before most of the major changes in technology and management styles were brought in from the states, to make them compete with Kinko's. Job security was a bit tricky at times, and advancement seemed to take a great deal of time, regardless of overall contributions.
Interesting
Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough time off
I really enjoyed my time at Staples, it was a very fun a job, and I learned a lot. I was a technology consultant, so I would just work with computer, printers, projectors, monitors, and software. I really enjoy technology and working with it and that is why I enjoyed this job. I was good friends with all my co-workers, and management was very nice and supportive and made me feel needed and appreciated.
It was a fun and enjoyable experience working in Retail
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2014
Pros: it was a great experience working there
Cons: the hours were sometimes were to long
A typical day at work was when I had to get everything done by the end of the day with a lot of pressure on my back.

The hardest part I had once was when I had to work 12 hours in one ay. Where there was a lot of things that I had to be done before that shirt was over.

The most enjoyable part of the part is meaning new people.
Nobody is perfect, but my management sure was close
Supervisor of technology department (Current Employee), OttawaNovember 15, 2012
Pros: great management
Cons: the pay is barely above minimum wage
I started at Staples when I was young, and my managers helped me grow as both an individual and as an employee. They are the nicest group of managers you could ever hope to have. The best part of my job was knowing that when you go to work, you have a group of people who genuinely care for you as a person, not as a coworker.
Great learning experience
Technology Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2012
Pros: scheduling
Cons: management
- Started as aisles assistant and then moved into being a Technology Associate
- Greet and assist customers, provide sales information on computers and other products
- Fill and replace stock and am responsible for merchandising
- The co-workers were great, always willing to help each other out
- Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the many different customers
Excellent starting position
❸ Customer Service Rep. and Sales Area Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 9, 2012
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough responsibility given, and financial reimbursement of time was not competitive.
Helpful management, but not really a fulfilling job. Not enough responsibility passed onto staff, and no furthering of the job was possible. At the same time, there were no further opportunities for students at the part time level that I had wanted.
Great for Seasonal Work
Furniture, Comp., Aisles & Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 4, 2013
Management lacked communication & leadership skills.
Staples Mission Statement, Core Beliefs & Values were not clearly outlined when hired or anytime throughout my work period there.
It was full of people with great personalities & a customer base that kept habitually came back. It was not hard work at all, the hardest part was communicating between managers.
Staples Business Depot
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioOctober 3, 2014
I've worked at several Staples location throughout my university years and it is one of the best company I've worked for. Very flexible with schedule and provide tools to help growth and development. With the experience and knowledge I've gain from working with this company is beyond explanation. Im ready to take acquired knowledge and utilize said skills to improved my talent and growth.
Cashier and Sales Associate
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great staff, close to home, good hours with school
Cons: retail
• Process copy orders including quality control administrative functions
• Customer service
• function in high stress environment
• Associate for computers sales; includes knowledge of technology and trends of the current market.
• Interact with customers, participated in solution selling courses.
• WHIMS training
Good company with bad management
Technology Consultant/ Resident technician (Former Employee), Shoppers world BramptonSeptember 7, 2012
Cons: poor management
Staples is a great company to work for, however, the management in Brampton is terrible and failed to train their employees properly. they send employees to learn at another branch but takes no time to train on their grounds. No team work involved and the hardest part is coping up with all the work without being trained or teamed up with.
Difficult work / home life
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 5, 2015
Typical Day started at 7 am and ended at 6 ( on a good day)
Learned that people turn on you quickly and due to the number of managers it was hard to get everyone on the same page.

Hardest part of my job was the work / home balance. It really takes a toll on you.

I did enjoy the fast pace atmosphere and the ability to keep teaching yourself different programs and management styles.
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 26, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: job advancement was not available
Staples created my foundation in excelling at Customer Service to which I am very proud to say.
However as career advancement was not available at that time and the push from Management to sell Extended Service Plans on minor electronics caused me to believe that the customer was not the focus.
Comfortable, energetic and optimistic company
Chat Representative (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 8, 2013
Pros: understanding environment
Cons: less windows in the building
A really good company to work with, encourages employees to do new tasks and training. Management team really takes care of your needs and are very understanding. Employees are empowered to do what they think is right for the customers and company respects and supports their decision.
It was a great place to work
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Sackville, Nova ScotiaJune 22, 2012
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: the new math questions on the interview test.
I placed orders for office supplies.
I learned a lot about those supplies.
Management were very easy to work for.
I had a great bunch of co workers.
The hardest part for me was the slack time when the calls were few and far between.
This company bent over backwards to make us feel important to Staples.
Employees