Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 5, 2016
Staples is a busy place to work. It's a productive and fun workplace. Great people.Able to be cross trained and learned a lot.
Productive Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 27, 2016
Working at Staples is a fun and energetic environment place. The only issue is the pay is low. Sometimes in retail the hours vary.
Busy, fun exciting place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton OntarioOctober 20, 2015
Great company to work for. Customers , staff and management were all wonderful and although we were business oriented we had a lot of fun and laughter.I loved the challenges and over coming them. ( such as selling warranties) They also had a great home accessable training centre where you could take modules on your own and aquire extra knowledge.
Good workplace
Computers Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Good workplace, kind people with good team work efforts. Enjoyed working with all the coworkers and management. Work-break timetable was satisfactory.
store
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
great people to work with and great environment. just not the best management team. loved the people i work with and the hours were great. wish other people were trained for my position
It was enjoyable to work with co workers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
Working at Staples, Improved my communications skills with the customers and organization due to shelving products in order
Great Place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NSMarch 23, 2016
Great place, Awesome people very professional environment.
I enjoy working for Staples Business Advantage, everyday faced with new challenges and obstacles. Very supportive team.
First job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, ONMarch 23, 2016
This was amazing for me i learned a lot and i enjoyed it while i was there and the only reason i left was because i had a better opportunity offered to me.
Pros
meet new people, learn how to up-sale
Cons
not enough hours
Category Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 17, 2015
I worked here on a co-op work term in the category management division and had a wonderful time while I was here. I learned a lot and met numerous great people. Many of the people you meet have a positive outlook and attitude during the day, while others not so much. The most exciting part of my job was seeing the impact I had with my actions.
Pros
In-house gym and cafeteria, great management, strong training
Cons
Some co-workers with negative attitudes, some ambiguity in terms of what you should be doing
not known to long ago
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
unknown too long ago to access.
Crazy town back in the day but had a social committee that rocked
gave me my first opr experience
Pros
non
Cons
non
Excellant Co-workers
Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONDecember 4, 2015
Excellent place to grow your Leadership abilities, lots of available training for those wanting to improve sales and Management skills.
great place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 19, 2015
I loved my job some days were challenging, learned many different skills.The management, were always friendly and one could go to them for anything, my co workers were awesome we became like a family
Used to be amazing, but slowly decreased
Sales Area Representitive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, OntarioJune 27, 2014
Staples was my first job, and when I started, and for a number of years after, it was an amazing place to work. Sadly there was a pretty huge shift in the company culture a few years before I left. This came about when the company decided that managers bonuses were based off of warranty sales. It was at this time that the whole focus really seemed to change from helping customers get the best product and experience to "Who cares... did they get the warranty?". It was at this time that I really lost my enthusiasm with the company; especially when one of the employees was actively lying to customers to get warranty sales, and was being rewarded with shifts and praise because of it.
True, this might have just been the store that I was working at, but it definitely tarnished my opinion of the company as a whole.
Pros
good staff, varied work, flexible shifts
Cons
huge shift in company culture, annoying customers at times
Unhappy
Technology Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I am not satisfied with Staples Management. There is lots of politics going on in management. Store manager never keep on his words.
alright place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCOctober 18, 2014
I loved most of my coworkers, they made it a great place to work!
Management was alright, but sometimes was a bit scrambled.
Was there over a year, didn't receive my six month evaluation or any form of raise.
Like most places, you received many different directions on what to spend your time doing.
Allowed normal employees to see themselves as management.
Training was pretty good, can't complain about how it was suppose to be done.
Most employees were friendly and inviting
Very close group to work with
Pros
free lunches, random coffee and doughnuts, great coworkers, safe environment
Cons
no hours, favouritism
Fun Environement
In-Home Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
Great workplace with a very dedicated and inclusive staff. The training is done expertly. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in the current technology.
Nice and fun to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
very organized and managed company.

nice benefit, but low wage.

Flexible work time, must deal with lots of various customers
Pros
nice benefit
Cons
low wage
Great Employer
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSApril 13, 2016
Staples is an amazing place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. However do to health issues I am no longer work in an environment that is not home based
Barrington Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly Staff. Flexible work conditions. Easy to get off days for personal matters. Always chance to learn and grow as an individual.
Liars
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 18, 2015
Honestly speaking, the only good thing about Bureau En Gros are the employees. If not for them, I would quit the same day I got hired. I CLEARLY specified in my resume that I'm looking for a full time job, and they still called me for an interview where they offered me a part time job, where they GUARANTEED 25 - 30 hours. I wasn't really mad, because that would cover my basic costs, so I accepted.

Basically they started off by giving me 18 - 20 hours. I asked the manager, why? She responded with: "You're new, so I don't want you to be overwhelmed" Fine, I decided to be a little patient, and give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they are a big corporation, and believed they would act professionally.

1 Month passes, and they decrease my hours down to 15 a week. I decided to have a conversation with my manager about the situation, explaining to her that I will be homeless, if this continues and if she's unable to give me more hours, to tell me right away so I could find another job. She acted sympathetic, and said she will try to provide more hours for me, not only did this continue for 3 more weeks, now they decreased my hours to 9 this week, and 5 for next week. How am I supposed to live on 50$ for a week? (not considering rent). Most of my co-workers live with their parents, I don't and she knows that perfectly well. Basically they don't give a flying cr*p about their employees.

I will never work there again, and I highly discourage anybody on indeed from doing so either.
Pros
In-store discount for employees, great co-workers.
Cons
Poor management, disregard towards employees, no comission