Staples Employee Reviews

Great Team
Cashier/Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC29 March 2016
It is like a family working together. Great job for a young adult starting off or someone going to school.
Management was great at my store, and created some long lasting friendships
Pros
Great people
Cons
na
Not bad
Copy Centre (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 March 2016
It has been a great learning experience working at Staples. It is definitely a more demanding retail chain. This is definitely not a job where you walk in expecting to just walk around and get paid to do nothing. They expect high quality service out of each employee, which I pride myself on. There is continuous training that you go through to keep improving yourself as an employee.
Things are changing quite quickly right now and not necessarily for the best. Management is constantly stressed which can be a hard thing to deal with. Most of the co-worker are really good people. Uplifting, funny loving and just all around nice people with a few exceptions.
Pros
Quarterly fun and games day, occasional free lunches and coffee.
Cons
Stressed managers, not a lot of hours to give to workers but yet three times the amount of work for each person.
productive
Sales Associate / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2016
i only worked there for a really short period time. the job was only seasonal but i really enjoyed my time there. while i was there i learned a lot from the crew and managers. unfortunately the place is closed now, and the crew and managers have been re-located.
Pros
productive
Cons
Seasonal
Great 10 years, people and culture
Associate Director, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2016
I loved my 10 years with the company, the people and culture and second to none. We were given full autonomy to implement the corporate and departmental goals.
Pros
People and Culture
Cons
Work life
not a nice environment for work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 March 2016
typical day at work is usually hectic; good learning; management not supportive and has some managers who doesn't know the ethics of talking to a co-worker; not a comfortable environment for work.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
break work rules
Great Place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NS23 March 2016
Great place, Awesome people very professional environment.
I enjoy working for Staples Business Advantage, everyday faced with new challenges and obstacles. Very supportive team.
First job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, ON23 March 2016
This was amazing for me i learned a lot and i enjoyed it while i was there and the only reason i left was because i had a better opportunity offered to me.
Pros
meet new people, learn how to up-sale
Cons
not enough hours
Copy & print centre representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON23 March 2016
Excellent atmosphere and welcoming environment.
Learned to multi task and get the job on time and also able to provide customer service
no incentives at all
Customer Service Representative-2 (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2016
it would have been better to work at Staples if they give incentives to their employees. work environment doesn't have a proper ventilation.
Fast paced environment
Team Manager, Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2016
Typical day at work involved managing a team of 23 associates in both the Fraud & Reports department. I've learned a lot about online fraud and the different methods to help prevent it. My immediate manager was a pleasure to work for. He was tough but fair.
Gave a very memorable entrance to the working world
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 March 2016
My co-workers were the most welcoming group of people, it made me feel very comfortable especially since it was my first job. Management was good as well, trying to accommodate to your life's schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with the many different kinds of customers, but overall gained a lot of skill in communicating with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts, as I was employed the month before school started. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the many different products the store sold.
Pros
Location (the centre of Heartland)
Cons
Back-to-school season
Productive,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2016
very productive, l learned that patience goes very far. mangement is very approachable. I enjoy going to work, seeing my co-workers they are like family. Home away from home. hardest part of my job is when you can't make everyone happy, although you try. Most enjoyable is when you make your customers happy and they leave satisfied.
Very friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC11 March 2016
Ideal for any part-time student job. Management is extremely friendly, flexible and open to employee suggestions. Co-workers are mostly young adults which makes it a very hip and friendly work environment. Downside of this job is that management can't afford to allocate many hours for their employees for the greater part of the year. On the other hand, all employees become full-time employees during the back to school period; it can get pretty crazy at times.
Pros
Very flexible hours, friendly management and coworkers
Cons
Might get bored when there are no customers
low morale
Escalations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS10 March 2016
Into work, begin answering calls from store associates and customer service reps, taking on a teaching role when applicable and taking over escalations for reps to resolve customer issues
Fast paced, learning environment
Aisles/Computers Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB3 March 2016
Aisles and Computers offer both stability in hours and constant movement. Goals and quotas get you to push yourself to strive for better. I learned operating programs (Windows 7, 8, 10) along with vital omputer information (ram, processor, hard drive, etc) and had an opportunity to learn about Apple products. Grasped the understanding of front facing products, up-selling, and inventory management. Most people I worked with were easy going, and very work oriented while maintaining a healthy, active personal schedule.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with quotas, which were set by the previous year's completion per week. The most enjoyable part was the fact that it was a safe, reliable and trusting environment with a great staff and management team.
Cons
"Sh-t runs down hill. You're at the bottom."
Good
Isles associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
It was a good place to work you're always busy doing something everyone working there was a nice person. hardest part was not being allowed to search for customers to help easiest part was their was always something to do.
Wondeful staff, extremely fair company, fantastic ethics
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON23 February 2016
Excellent management, very fair work conditions, and absolutely positive working environment. The CEO has amazing morals and truly treats all his employees, both part-time and full-time, with utmost respect. My only wish is if advancement was easier to do, however, I will not give up.
Pros
Fun days, amazing management, kind staff
Cons
Low hours, not much advancement
3.5 out of 5
Services supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK21 February 2016
busy days, long shifts, management was always good to listen and help. hardest part of the job was how my general manager volintold me to do a lot of things like raffles and setting up events which is fine, But when i have told them i have enough to do and explained what i had to do the just shrugged and said that sucks.
Pros
great team, good hours
Cons
shifts allways changing, manager didnt like me, not sure why.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2016
I had a great time while I worked there years ago. Excellent benefits and bonuses. More of a small business culture.I was given opportunity to make decisions.
Pros
Career advancemant
don't do it!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON15 February 2016
Mississauga is the busiest hub in Canada
You will be moving boxes of paper (50lbs +) ea by the skid load(2000lbs+). Hand delivery. Everyday.
You WILL work until you are finished your route.
You will not find respect until at least a year on the job.
Most of your training is on the run.
Trucks are ALWAYS a problem..YOURS
Busy season is murder!!
Pros
99% great customers, decent wages, decent benefits
Cons
The busy season, management