Staples Employee Reviews

Good team work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 December 2016
One of the best thing I experienced is good team work and that is night crew and also it has friendly management which is good.
Only work here if you have to.
Administrative Specialist / Copy Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 October 2015
Retail...management was unprofessional, often bordering on harassment despite company training- poisoned work environment. Pay was horrible and didn't keep up with inflation. They don't give out good reviews to anyone because they don't want to pay you the extra 25 cents it would entail. Hard to leave on time because of bag checks that you might have to wait 20 minutes or more for. I loved the work, worked hard, did my time, but was relieved to leave.
Pros
Basic benefits
Cons
I could write a book.
An enjoyful place for anyone to work!
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Rothesay, NB4 February 2017
I absolutely love my job, and am so glad to have had it as my first job! It has given me skills that I will forever use and apply to my everyday life.
Pros
Great Customer Service Experience
Cons
Sometimes can be hard to manage different tasks at once
Wonderful People, Wonderful Place, Wonderful Environment
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 June 2016
My amazing management at Staples always does their best to work with you and your schedule. They are very understanding and accommodating when they work with you. And they always strive to create an enjoyable work experience and environment for everyone, they want everyone to be happy and comfortable.
Coworkers are always very kind and happy, we easily welcome others into the family and love to chat when we have the time, both on and off the job. We really get to know each other and that makes the Christmas and Summer BBQ the best and most fun experience.
Professional Quality Company
Sales, Cashier, Copy and Print Centre (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON16 January 2017
I love Staples! They offer lots of perks, good discounts, and opportunities to evolve. I would work for Staples again if the opportunity came.
A job where you can excel with either technical or retail qualifications
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2017
I learned the ins and outs of salesmanship at Staples. The manager's are kind and understanding and respect their subordinates. They are compassionate but fair (after all, it is still a business).
Fun place to grow and advance.
Service Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Good place to grow and advance, as they give a lot of training courses. Great team and good environment. Lot of opportunity to move up. Pay is not top dollar but worth the experience.
good paying job with security
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 July 2016
I really like this job because it is not physically demanding. It is a good paying job with chance for advancement and security for my family.
Pros
free drinks and warm co-workers
Good Company, hard to advance far in career
Associate Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 October 2015
It is a great company to work for. Great benefits, good hours and a great management team. Hard to advance though, since many of the managers have been here long term and are comfortable in their positions. Usually only opportunity for advancement is when someone quits / they expand departments.

Overall, not a bad experience. Happy to work here.
High rotation of staff
Préposée au service à la clientèle/caissière (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC9 August 2016
It's a fair place to work. Employees are young and a lot of part time staff. Team work is promoted but not necessarily applied.. As most retail stores, lots of tagging to do and constant changes and rotations in the store. All in all it's an ok place.
Pros
continuous training
Cons
too much promotion
Good Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 January 2017
This was my first job, and for a first job it was a great company to work with and very helpful towards me and my learning of the occupation that I was given (seasonal sales associate).
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 November 2016
Stock the shelves. Place received merchandise on the floor.
Using scanners to know how much product we have of a certain item.
Learned about Staples Canada, on what they carry and the different services they offer. Learned about technology and office furniture.
Pros
Paid breaks
retail environment and all the things that go with it
Computer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador17 November 2016
Friendly co-workers and decent hours. Retail so that comes with its own issues. Often asked to cover other lunches or fill in for sick employees in different departments(not trained for) and causing own work to fall behind.
loved working there
Aisles Associate(Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
i just want to say i loved working there as my work practicum. i would love to be part of staples.
the team i worked with was wonderful. it was sad my work practicum was over so soon.
sales
Sales Representative for technology dept (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 January 2017
I was a sales associate for the technical and furniture department.
Promoting extra warranty for product as in computers, printers, chairs, etc.

I was also a cashier as well
COPY ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON7 February 2017
I had worked there for 6 years and it has great company working atmosphere. I love working with customers and solving customers problems.
Pros
Retail hours
Cons
Retail hours
fun, challenging work, poor management
Computer Sales (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2016
A typical day at work includes stocking shelves and approaching potential customers. There is much to be learned in regards to technology, computers and printers. The management is a tricky situation. Most of the managers are very easy going, making for a very comfortable workplace environment. However, two of the managers, who happen to be higher up, can be very discouraging at times, making for a very uneasy, up tight and uncomfortable workplace environment. The hardest part of the job is living up to these managers' expectations, being that no matter how hard you try or how well you perform, there will seldom be any recognition of achievement and always plenty of "areas of opportunity".
Staples
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 December 2016
Work is normally good, sometimes managers have there days but who doesn't. The store has come a long way since I have started. I hope that it keeps climbing to get to success
fun place
Customer service in the tech department (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 February 2017
had fun at staples happy to talk to customers but had to leave when I started school, people were fun and always had a story to tell
Excellent Service
Retail Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2016
I started off at Staples as a co-op student so the employees were familiar with me. The service at Staples is wonderful, and they make you feel like you're part of the team. I was in charge of the Ink and Toner section, so a typical day for me would be to get the products from the receiving room and stock all the products into their specific shelves. I assisted in customer service, by helping clients find out what they were looking for, and I also helped customers bring heavy products to their vehicle. The Staples staff and management love to see you do well by helping the company achieve their goals, and they give you positive feedback on how you can do better.
Pros
excellent staff, excellent service