Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work for students
Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance
Cons: lots of favortism and a low wage for what they expect of you
I was a Supervisor for almost a year. I liked the hours and days that I was scheduled. The management is not supportive of the supervisors, even though you're still a manager it doesn't feel like it. There's a lot of micro managing and my manager told me that I needed to figure the job out for myself not to ask her how to do something ( there are video's but not a lot of one on one). They don't like it if you ask a lot of questions and not a lot of patience. I really didn't have a good experience there. I was a store manager for almost 10 years so I know how to properly train staff, be compassionate and have respect to others especially when they're new. I wouldn't go back.
cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
The co-workers are nice and so are the managers. I learned everything I know about cash through staples. The hardest part about working at staples includes the short hours, the times when nothing is happening, and the distance. Overall, staples is an alright first job but only as a first job.
Fun Environement
In-Home Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
Great workplace with a very dedicated and inclusive staff. The training is done expertly. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in the current technology.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Slow days
- Helped with customer inquiries
- Provided information on company's products and services
- Co-workers are very nice and helpful
Productive and interesting job
Sales Tech Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
I enjoyed all of the given tasks at Staples as i was working in a very close to my interests department (tech). I was able to make various sales with printers, laptops, inks and toners, and other products. I very much enjoyed assisting customers and giving them professional views on many products.
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Career advancemant
Cons: None
I had a great time while I worked there years ago. Excellent benefits and bonuses. More of a small business culture.I was given opportunity to make decisions.
no incentives at all
Customer Service Representative-2 (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
it would have been better to work at Staples if they give incentives to their employees. work environment doesn't have a proper ventilation.
Nice and fun to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
Pros: nice benefit
Cons: low wage
very organized and managed company.

nice benefit, but low wage.

Flexible work time, must deal with lots of various customers
Barrington Supervisor (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly Staff. Flexible work conditions. Easy to get off days for personal matters. Always chance to learn and grow as an individual.
great work enviroment , poor disaplinary procedures
Temporary Renovation Worker (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKNovember 2, 2015
the structure and resources for a starter job are great but it completely depends on the staff to which you work with because if clicks have been pre established then look out for poor training and favouritism.
Great company to work for
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Accommodating and reasonable. great communication and job culture. Cross training and management programs make it possible to advance and receive recognition for it.
Great Employer
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSApril 13, 2016
Staples is an amazing place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. However do to health issues I am no longer work in an environment that is not home based
Fun and fair place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Leamington, ONSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: amazing people
Cons: inconsistent schedules
All of the people at Staples made the job easy to learn and enjoyable to go into on a daily basis. I love working in Customer Service and the customers were wonderful people. Some of the tasks were difficult to complete during my pregnancy, however, my co-workers were willing to help when/where they could.
Great place to work in and great company values
BDM Copy & Print (Current Employee), Golden HorseshoeDecember 2, 2015
Staples is a great place to work in. The company gives back to the community by taking part in raise fund events. It also helps out people with special needs by preparing them for the workforce.
Copy & print centre representative (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMarch 23, 2016
Excellent atmosphere and welcoming environment.
Learned to multi task and get the job on time and also able to provide customer service
supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Taking over shift form other Supervisor & re-allocation of job.
My co-workers are good & always helped me to meet the target.
The most enjoyable prt is every day is a new day with new tasks.
It's a fun place to work at if you are a Student that is
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: flexibility and great associate staff
Cons: poor advancement and high job opportunities
great flexible work schedules
very little job advancement possibilities

majority of store associates working full time hours but with a Part Time titles so that they are not entitled to full benefits

great for students though
Unhappy
Technology Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I am not satisfied with Staples Management. There is lots of politics going on in management. Store manager never keep on his words.
great place to work
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 19, 2015
I loved my job some days were challenging, learned many different skills.The management, were always friendly and one could go to them for anything, my co workers were awesome we became like a family
If the call center life is for you, it is a decent one
Customer Service Help Desk Associate (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Good vacation accrual (2wks from 1-2yrs, 3 weeks for 3-5 yrs and 4 weeks, 5yrs+
Cons: Hard to reduce hours when there is a business need
The hardest part is when it is busy, answering call after call, endless ringing in your ear. After 10 years, I need a change but there are many who have 10+ years at this center, for a reason- great benefits.
Employees