Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

Barrington Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly Staff. Flexible work conditions. Easy to get off days for personal matters. Always chance to learn and grow as an individual.
Well organized and safe environment
Cashier/Stock/Sales (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCApril 6, 2016
Staples is a great job. It is well organized and supplies great recognition when you have done a good job. The managers and the whole team are very welcoming and supportive as well.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Time can pass slowly
Not a perfect decoration
Print Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 6, 2016
I beleive customers need to feel more comfortable and enjoy staying at stores, that's where companies get more benefit, more traffic inside store and more minutes people stay in stores.
At staples i think a warmer decoration with more interactive concept will get customers stay more minutes and enjoy shopping.
I loved working at Staples
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Staples in Ontario was my most favorite job ever. I only left because i was getting too little hours, unfortunately. Of course, this will change based on location, but Staples is in my opinion the best place to work in retail if you love working with people
Pros
Kind and flexible. Sunlife benefits (top of the line)
Cons
Few hours available.
Typical retail environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Customers talk to you like you don't know anything, no chances for advancement, very little job security, sometimes management was very poor depending on location. Only good thing I have to say about the place is I enjoyed working with the other associates.
Pros
Learn great interpersonal skills
Cons
No job security, no advancement opportunities, get poorly treated by customers and sometimes management
Great opportunity to move laterally but layoffs are happening now!
ProActive Chat Representative, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NSMarch 29, 2016
I worked at Staples from 2010-2014 and held about 4-5 different positions throughout my time. I was really glad I could apply for new positions so that I wouldn't get bored and want to leave. But many managers seemed like they were micro-managing, and overall the atmosphere was pretty negative from coworkers. Not many were happy to be there, many had been there for YEARS, and we were crammed in like sardines. And then they started outsourcing.
Pros
Assigned desks, opportunities to apply for other positions
Cons
Negative coworkers, micro-managing, layoffs in favour of outsourcing
Day at work
Business discount account specialist (Current Employee) –  regina saskatchewanMarch 29, 2016
I work very hard to meet sales goals, while multi tasking and keeping my customers happy. I have also gotten very familiar with computers and payment systems
Great Team
Cashier/Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 29, 2016
It is like a family working together. Great job for a young adult starting off or someone going to school.
Management was great at my store, and created some long lasting friendships
Pros
Great people
Cons
na
Not bad
Copy Centre (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 29, 2016
It has been a great learning experience working at Staples. It is definitely a more demanding retail chain. This is definitely not a job where you walk in expecting to just walk around and get paid to do nothing. They expect high quality service out of each employee, which I pride myself on. There is continuous training that you go through to keep improving yourself as an employee.
Things are changing quite quickly right now and not necessarily for the best. Management is constantly stressed which can be a hard thing to deal with. Most of the co-worker are really good people. Uplifting, funny loving and just all around nice people with a few exceptions.
Pros
Quarterly fun and games day, occasional free lunches and coffee.
Cons
Stressed managers, not a lot of hours to give to workers but yet three times the amount of work for each person.
productive
Sales Associate / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
i only worked there for a really short period time. the job was only seasonal but i really enjoyed my time there. while i was there i learned a lot from the crew and managers. unfortunately the place is closed now, and the crew and managers have been re-located.
Pros
productive
Cons
Seasonal
Great 10 years, people and culture
Associate Director, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
I loved my 10 years with the company, the people and culture and second to none. We were given full autonomy to implement the corporate and departmental goals.
Pros
People and Culture
Cons
Work life
not a nice environment for work
Associate (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 24, 2016
typical day at work is usually hectic; good learning; management not supportive and has some managers who doesn't know the ethics of talking to a co-worker; not a comfortable environment for work.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
break work rules
Great Place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NSMarch 23, 2016
Great place, Awesome people very professional environment.
I enjoy working for Staples Business Advantage, everyday faced with new challenges and obstacles. Very supportive team.
First job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria Park, ONMarch 23, 2016
This was amazing for me i learned a lot and i enjoyed it while i was there and the only reason i left was because i had a better opportunity offered to me.
Pros
meet new people, learn how to up-sale
Cons
not enough hours
Copy & print centre representative (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONMarch 23, 2016
Excellent atmosphere and welcoming environment.
Learned to multi task and get the job on time and also able to provide customer service
no incentives at all
Customer Service Representative-2 (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
it would have been better to work at Staples if they give incentives to their employees. work environment doesn't have a proper ventilation.
Fast paced environment
Team Manager, Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2016
Typical day at work involved managing a team of 23 associates in both the Fraud & Reports department. I've learned a lot about online fraud and the different methods to help prevent it. My immediate manager was a pleasure to work for. He was tough but fair.
Gave a very memorable entrance to the working world
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
My co-workers were the most welcoming group of people, it made me feel very comfortable especially since it was my first job. Management was good as well, trying to accommodate to your life's schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with the many different kinds of customers, but overall gained a lot of skill in communicating with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts, as I was employed the month before school started. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the many different products the store sold.
Pros
Location (the centre of Heartland)
Cons
Back-to-school season
Productive,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2016
very productive, l learned that patience goes very far. mangement is very approachable. I enjoy going to work, seeing my co-workers they are like family. Home away from home. hardest part of my job is when you can't make everyone happy, although you try. Most enjoyable is when you make your customers happy and they leave satisfied.
Very friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QCMarch 11, 2016
Ideal for any part-time student job. Management is extremely friendly, flexible and open to employee suggestions. Co-workers are mostly young adults which makes it a very hip and friendly work environment. Downside of this job is that management can't afford to allocate many hours for their employees for the greater part of the year. On the other hand, all employees become full-time employees during the back to school period; it can get pretty crazy at times.
Pros
Very flexible hours, friendly management and coworkers
Cons
Might get bored when there are no customers