Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Accommodating and reasonable. great communication and job culture. Cross training and management programs make it possible to advance and receive recognition for it.
enjoyable time at work
Computer Technician ( 3 months Internship) (Former Employee), Laval, QCFebruary 4, 2016
Mondays every one comes to work sad and no one says hi.
Fridays every one is happy and enthusiastic and every one says hi .

In both days i am happy and i want a good, friendly environment at work
Being productive in all tasks
Night stocker (Former Employee), Penticton, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: Graveyard shift
Working alongside different co-workers to see how well we work with one another
Having to work with other crew members working on renovations as well
Worked well enough to the point where everyone got own tasks
Professional,
Customer Service/ Aisle Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Cash was great, amazing customers, great co-workers, Working at staples at time i did with the management i did was amazing it taught me a lot about customer service, and going above and beyond the customers expectations.
Staples Canada is a good company.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I like to work in Staples. The environment in there is fine. In this tough economic situation, it is not easy for everybody
Overall Staples was a good place to work.
Category Specialist (Buyer) (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Was able to learn a lot about the retail industry. The opportunity is there if you want to learn about other divisions; was given the opportunity to travel on occasions. Feedback was valued by management.
Great Company, Cares about Employee's, Potential for Moving Up
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Very little Stress. Flexible Schedule.
Cons: Salary, When doing a closing shift, never leaving when scheduled.
I've worked at Staples part-time for over 6 years. Great company, little stress. Excessive amounts of Interviews to get in, however this insures colleagues are suitable for the job, and pull their own weight.
Excellent Service
Retail Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: excellent staff, excellent service
Cons: long hours
I started off at Staples as a co-op student so the employees were familiar with me. The service at Staples is wonderful, and they make you feel like you're part of the team. I was in charge of the Ink and Toner section, so a typical day for me would be to get the products from the receiving room and stock all the products into their specific shelves. I assisted in customer service, by helping clients find out what they were looking for, and I also helped customers bring heavy products to their vehicle. The Staples staff and management love to see you do well by helping the company achieve their goals, and they give you positive feedback on how you can do better.
nothing
Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Taking over from other supervisor & re-allocating of shift.
Co-workers are good.
most enjoyably part is every day you have different kind of challenges .
supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Taking over shift form other Supervisor & re-allocation of job.
My co-workers are good & always helped me to meet the target.
The most enjoyable prt is every day is a new day with new tasks.
Productive and fun Stage
Intern (Former Employee), Mascouche, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Co-workers were Friendly
Cons: Not alot of work
I learned alot at Bureau en Gros, how to interact with the customers, How to open and close a ticket (depends on the program). I would start the day at 8 am and finish at 5 pm going into the shop and repairing computers.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Slow days
- Helped with customer inquiries
- Provided information on company's products and services
- Co-workers are very nice and helpful
Interesting Workplace with chances of being creative
technology sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Disscount on tech and furniture items
Cons: mixed hours
Only worked there for a few months but it helps being creative and helpful to the costumers and being an asset to the Staples team.
not enough training
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 14, 2016
not enough training for new hires. left alone too early needed more guidance got hired for no reason. it was a busy place during the season
Mainly worked alone to complete a variety of tasks and customer orders. Time efficiency and organization is key for success in this position.
Copy Centre Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Supportive co-workers
Cons: Very little room for advancement
Copy Centre associate working both alone and in a group, involved in a wide variety of tasks. As a copy centre associate, I was expected to complete orders involved in copying, printing, cutting, and laminating as well as working with a variety of computer software programs to design, edit, and produce customer orders. The management at Staples preferred one associate to work in the copy centre at a time, allowing me to really develop skills in organization and time efficiency as I completed all tasks and customer orders while still attending the cash register. Also had shifts as a cashier in other areas of the store and covering breaks, which involved communication and cooperation with co-workers.
Wonderful place to work
COPY AND PRINT LEAD (Former Employee), Stratford, ONDecember 30, 2015
Fast paced environment meant to challenge you. Meet new people everyday. Feel empowered to make choices. Scheduling was always very flexible and fairly balanced. The company have labour challenges to reduce labour hours that resulted in lowered staff morale.
Excellent Survival Job
East Tech Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 25, 2015
Pros: Helping customers, Co-workers, Clean Environment
Cons: Pay, pressure without incentive, physical discomfort, unaffordable benefits, ect...
The company would be a good place to work if they paid employees a livable wage and did not try to manipulate employees by insulting their intelligence.The store I worked at had decent management so it was tolerable. A typical day included running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to serve customers. Be warned there is no clearly defined position at this company. Even the Managers' stock shelves. You will be hired as an Easy Tech but you will end up doing anything and everything. Your feet will hurt a lot from standing all day you will miss breaks and management will pretend they did not notice it. It is best to use this company the same way they use you... for money. This is a good job for people who have no choice, need temporary work or a student. It is not a career by any means.
Customer focused environment with ability to work from home
Parts Order Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home
Cons: Required travel to head office (several hours away via public transportation)
A typical day included accessing many different databases in order to access the parts and determine the best level of service for clients.
My co-workers were professional and the job allowed me to work individually as well as a part of a team.
Management didn't micro-manage and I had the flexibility to work from home.
I most enjoyed the fact that I could work from home - especially during inclement weather.
Great Company
Copy Lead (Former Employee), Goderich, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Awesome Customers
Cons: Retail, sometimes difficult customers
Great company, took good care of their employees.

Fair and honest.

Loved dealing with my customers, meeting new people.

Learnt what I would do and what I would not do as part of a management team for overall success in a retail environment.

Learned how to deal effectively interact with potential business clients.
Liars
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 18, 2015
Pros: In-store discount for employees, great co-workers.
Cons: Poor management, disregard towards employees, no comission
Honestly speaking, the only good thing about Bureau En Gros are the employees. If not for them, I would quit the same day I got hired. I CLEARLY specified in my resume that I'm looking for a full time job, and they still called me for an interview where they offered me a part time job, where they GUARANTEED 25 - 30 hours. I wasn't really mad, because that would cover my basic costs, so I accepted.

Basically they started off by giving me 18 - 20 hours. I asked the manager, why? She responded with: "You're new, so I don't want you to be overwhelmed" Fine, I decided to be a little patient, and give them the benefit of the doubt, considering they are a big corporation, and believed they would act professionally.

1 Month passes, and they decrease my hours down to 15 a week. I decided to have a conversation with my manager about the situation, explaining to her that I will be homeless, if this continues and if she's unable to give me more hours, to tell me right away so I could find another job. She acted sympathetic, and said she will try to provide more hours for me, not only did this continue for 3 more weeks, now they decreased my hours to 9 this week, and 5 for next week. How am I supposed to live on 50$ for a week? (not considering rent). Most of my co-workers live with their parents, I don't and she knows that perfectly well. Basically they don't give a flying cr*p about their employees.

I will never work there again, and I highly discourage anybody on indeed from doing so either.
Employees