Staples Employee Reviews

Good workplace first a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB20 June 2017
I was working in sales where I had to sell computer witch it was my first job and I didn't know a lot abut selling and computer a the time, and it made it very hard a lost interest
Good for a first job, terrible for long-term
COMPUTER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
On one hand, it's a good place to start and to begin developing skills in customer service and in other general labour tasks, as well as a good management team that is willing to listen (depending on location, of course), and naturally job security. That, however, is where the pros end. Hours can be cut without warning and it can be incredibly difficult, almost impossible, to make any progress up the corporate ladder, and throughout my almost three year employment I only made ten cents more than minimum wage.
Fun Place
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 June 2017
Its not bad place too work , but growth in the company is not really good.There is Job security in the company. Management is not bad. Salary is not good.
Not a bad company
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 June 2017
Quite structured; good training; too many levels of management. Reporting structure not as clear as could be especially when travelling to work in other stores.
Fun team, hard work.
COPY AND PRINT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
Copy Centre Representative is a tough gig, constantly on your feet with orders to complete. But the team was great and overall work atmosphere was pleasant.
Not Bad, Not Great
Sales Area Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 June 2017
The majority of the employees and managers are very nice however one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch and having one manager be very aggressive and disrespectful can make it very difficult to work there.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Questionable lower management
Fun Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2017
Come in around 3:30 and start closing duties right right away because the store is a mess. The management isn't the best. The culture of the work place is very diverse.
Flat..Zero room for promotions
Category Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
At head office its a few managers who do little and lots of "specialists" who have been in the role for 10 plus years and do most of the actual work. High expectations, low salaries, terrible raises.
Pros
10% off
Cons
No advancement
Hard work but well trained
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ontario7 June 2017
Good place to work. Accomodating to students. Great place to develop sales and social skills. Work can be hard, but training is often better than most retailers offer.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Very busy, can be overwhelming to new hires
Secure but demanding
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Novato, CA6 June 2017
Once you get the job, as long as you don't do anything stupid, you can feel secure that you wont lose it but most of the part time employees (and some of the full time employees) lack motivation and will leave you to do the lions share of the work yourself. You need warm bodies to work the registers (so you can't fire them without causing yourself more work) and no one is clamoring to work there but upper management still want goals met. If you get the job expect to work hard.
fun workplace
Technology Associates (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
good place with a lot of good people.
managers are good and are true leaders.
these people are really working for the future of the company.
people are good in here
Cons
not so many
Questionable employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 June 2017
Friendly co workers, but if you do not quite fit in to the staples crowd dont expect to. I remember feeling alienated because I didnt have the same interests, or the same age as a lot of the other workers who had been there longer than me. I was not Happy when I found out I was being paid 9.99/hour. One cent short of minimum wage based on the staples fundamentals on how much you earn based on your job description AND hours worked. Never made sense to me
Enjoyable job
Copy Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 May 2017
Good place to work but they don't pay well and especially not accordingly. The copy centre should be paid more then cashiers as it is a high paced and different kind of work then just a cashier. I do love the management at the store and my associates I work with!
Crummy shelf stocking
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON30 May 2017
This job is interesting if you're into memorizing multiple numbers and feeling like an accountAnt who stocks shelves. Not my idea of a permanent job!!
Productive and easy to get along with
Cuatomer service (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS30 May 2017
A typical day at work i would be hard working yet relaxed. Share best practices with others. I've learned alot over the years and continue to gain knowledge with each new experience.
Pros
Free lunches customer service recognition
Cons
Working long hours
receiving
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
Unloading pallets and inventory
organizing the floor for the day and night staff to do all of their jobs that they did through the day
follow safety procedures
Great Teamwork~!
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT25 May 2017
Working at Staples as my first job as an individual was an amazing experience! Was able to gain a lot of life skills and job skills whilst working with my Yellowknife team. Was given many opportunities to expand my skills within each department.
Fun place to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 May 2017
I have faced different types of customers. Every customer is a different challenge. Management is really supportive in nature. I have learned about different marketing strategies implied in sales floor.
very poor management
Electronics sales (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 May 2017
The managers were bullies and did not care for the employees. they use to treat us like dirt and did not stay truthful to there words when it came to offering employees time off. I have been told that numerous people have quit and left for a better work life.
Easy going workplace
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 May 2017
This is a good job for a high school student. I was once very anti social but because of the nature of this job and having to constantly be talking to customers it made me come out of my shell.
Pros
easy going job
Cons
angry customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval