Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Sales Associate / Tech Support (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
Pros: productive
Cons: Seasonal
i only worked there for a really short period time. the job was only seasonal but i really enjoyed my time there. while i was there i learned a lot from the crew and managers. unfortunately the place is closed now, and the crew and managers have been re-located.
Great 10 years, people and culture
Associate Director, Customer Care (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Pros: People and Culture
Cons: Work life
I loved my 10 years with the company, the people and culture and second to none. We were given full autonomy to implement the corporate and departmental goals.
not a nice environment for work
Associate (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 24, 2016
Pros: keeps you busy
Cons: break work rules
typical day at work is usually hectic; good learning; management not supportive and has some managers who doesn't know the ethics of talking to a co-worker; not a comfortable environment for work.
Great Place to work
Tech Support (Current Employee), Sackville, NSMarch 23, 2016
Great place, Awesome people very professional environment.
I enjoy working for Staples Business Advantage, everyday faced with new challenges and obstacles. Very supportive team.
First job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Victoria Park, ONMarch 23, 2016
Pros: meet new people, learn how to up-sale
Cons: not enough hours
This was amazing for me i learned a lot and i enjoyed it while i was there and the only reason i left was because i had a better opportunity offered to me.
Copy & print centre representative (Former Employee), Leamington, ONMarch 23, 2016
Excellent atmosphere and welcoming environment.
Learned to multi task and get the job on time and also able to provide customer service
no incentives at all
Customer Service Representative-2 (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
it would have been better to work at Staples if they give incentives to their employees. work environment doesn't have a proper ventilation.
Fast paced environment
Team Manager, Operations Support (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2016
Typical day at work involved managing a team of 23 associates in both the Fraud & Reports department. I've learned a lot about online fraud and the different methods to help prevent it. My immediate manager was a pleasure to work for. He was tough but fair.
Gave a very memorable entrance to the working world
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Location (the centre of Heartland)
Cons: Back-to-school season
My co-workers were the most welcoming group of people, it made me feel very comfortable especially since it was my first job. Management was good as well, trying to accommodate to your life's schedule. I learned a lot about how to deal with the many different kinds of customers, but overall gained a lot of skill in communicating with everyone. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts, as I was employed the month before school started. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the many different products the store sold.
Productive,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2016
very productive, l learned that patience goes very far. mangement is very approachable. I enjoy going to work, seeing my co-workers they are like family. Home away from home. hardest part of my job is when you can't make everyone happy, although you try. Most enjoyable is when you make your customers happy and they leave satisfied.
Very friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Lasalle, QCMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Very flexible hours, friendly management and coworkers
Cons: Might get bored when there are no customers
Ideal for any part-time student job. Management is extremely friendly, flexible and open to employee suggestions. Co-workers are mostly young adults which makes it a very hip and friendly work environment. Downside of this job is that management can't afford to allocate many hours for their employees for the greater part of the year. On the other hand, all employees become full-time employees during the back to school period; it can get pretty crazy at times.
low morale
Escalations Supervisor (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 10, 2016
Into work, begin answering calls from store associates and customer service reps, taking on a teaching role when applicable and taking over escalations for reps to resolve customer issues
Fast paced, learning environment
Aisles/Computers Associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABMarch 3, 2016
Cons: "Sh-t runs down hill. You're at the bottom."
Aisles and Computers offer both stability in hours and constant movement. Goals and quotas get you to push yourself to strive for better. I learned operating programs (Windows 7, 8, 10) along with vital omputer information (ram, processor, hard drive, etc) and had an opportunity to learn about Apple products. Grasped the understanding of front facing products, up-selling, and inventory management. Most people I worked with were easy going, and very work oriented while maintaining a healthy, active personal schedule.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with quotas, which were set by the previous year's completion per week. The most enjoyable part was the fact that it was a safe, reliable and trusting environment with a great staff and management team.
Good
Isles associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
It was a good place to work you're always busy doing something everyone working there was a nice person. hardest part was not being allowed to search for customers to help easiest part was their was always something to do.
Wondeful staff, extremely fair company, fantastic ethics
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: Fun days, amazing management, kind staff
Cons: Low hours, not much advancement
Excellent management, very fair work conditions, and absolutely positive working environment. The CEO has amazing morals and truly treats all his employees, both part-time and full-time, with utmost respect. My only wish is if advancement was easier to do, however, I will not give up.
3.5 out of 5
Services supervisor (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: great team, good hours
Cons: shifts allways changing, manager didnt like me, not sure why.
busy days, long shifts, management was always good to listen and help. hardest part of the job was how my general manager volintold me to do a lot of things like raffles and setting up events which is fine, But when i have told them i have enough to do and explained what i had to do the just shrugged and said that sucks.
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: Career advancemant
Cons: None
I had a great time while I worked there years ago. Excellent benefits and bonuses. More of a small business culture.I was given opportunity to make decisions.
don't do it!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: 99% great customers, decent wages, decent benefits
Cons: The busy season, management
Mississauga is the busiest hub in Canada
You will be moving boxes of paper (50lbs +) ea by the skid load(2000lbs+). Hand delivery. Everyday.
You WILL work until you are finished your route.
You will not find respect until at least a year on the job.
Most of your training is on the run.
Trucks are ALWAYS a problem..YOURS
Busy season is murder!!
Very Engaging
IT Technical Helpdesk Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 8, 2016
Vibrant Experience. Best places to work at. Learned a lot new technologies, Task Management, Employee coordination, Decision Making, Critical Thinking and Professional Communication Skill and on top of all Great Customer Service Skills.
Overall good company to work for, poisoned by terrible management at store level
Merchandiser/Aisles Associate (Current Employee), New Minas, NSFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Free lunches once in a while, I`ll be able to quit soon
Cons: Treated poorly, un-appreciated, degraded by management, bad pay, horrible hours.
Horrible management at the store level. Was told by my GM that I was "never allowed t sell a computer again" because of minor mistakes I made in an area I was never trained instead of offering to train me. Maybe if they actually spent the money to have more sales people in the store I wouldn't get dragged over there. The other manager, divisional sales or something is constantly being sarcastic when I ask him questions or hardly ever listens when I talk to him on the phone. very unprofessional and can't wait to leave.
Employees