Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

Not bad
Copy Centre (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 29, 2016
It has been a great learning experience working at Staples. It is definitely a more demanding retail chain. This is definitely not a job where you walk in expecting to just walk around and get paid to do nothing. They expect high quality service out of each employee, which I pride myself on. There is continuous training that you go through to keep improving yourself as an employee.
Things are changing quite quickly right now and not necessarily for the best. Management is constantly stressed which can be a hard thing to deal with. Most of the co-worker are really good people. Uplifting, funny loving and just all around nice people with a few exceptions.
Pros
Quarterly fun and games day, occasional free lunches and coffee.
Cons
Stressed managers, not a lot of hours to give to workers but yet three times the amount of work for each person.
Exciting work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
A work day would start out by checking if products were in correct aisles. Management was great I learned a lot through them from dealing with certain products for certain customers, working with co workers was what made my job enjoyable and fun. best part of the job was seeing a satisfied customer.
I loved working at Staples
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Staples in Ontario was my most favorite job ever. I only left because i was getting too little hours, unfortunately. Of course, this will change based on location, but Staples is in my opinion the best place to work in retail if you love working with people
Pros
Kind and flexible. Sunlife benefits (top of the line)
Cons
Few hours available.
good learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 12, 2016
I love my job at staples , but it has come to light that i wont be going full time with them as it is not in their budget and i need full time employment . what i love about staples is the costumer interaction , i try to get a smile out of everyone that comes in as i am a very happy person .
Excellent Place to work
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 26, 2016
Excellent place to work. The support from management is remarkable. They have very good orientation & training programmes for new hires and they also ensure the deliveries of the same within stipulated time frame.

I really enjoyed working with Staples.
Pros
Supportive staff
Not a perfect decoration
Print Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 6, 2016
I beleive customers need to feel more comfortable and enjoy staying at stores, that's where companies get more benefit, more traffic inside store and more minutes people stay in stores.
At staples i think a warmer decoration with more interactive concept will get customers stay more minutes and enjoy shopping.
Wondeful staff, extremely fair company, fantastic ethics
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Excellent management, very fair work conditions, and absolutely positive working environment. The CEO has amazing morals and truly treats all his employees, both part-time and full-time, with utmost respect. My only wish is if advancement was easier to do, however, I will not give up.
Pros
Fun days, amazing management, kind staff
Cons
Low hours, not much advancement
Fun Workplace with a lot of learning and growth potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 29, 2016
A very good company to learn processes and to develop own self professionally.
Lots to learn!

Great Management which fosters an environment of learning and growing within the company.
The team always looks after you.
Pros
Relocation Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
3.5 out of 5
Services supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SKFebruary 21, 2016
busy days, long shifts, management was always good to listen and help. hardest part of the job was how my general manager volintold me to do a lot of things like raffles and setting up events which is fine, But when i have told them i have enough to do and explained what i had to do the just shrugged and said that sucks.
Pros
great team, good hours
Cons
shifts allways changing, manager didnt like me, not sure why.
Fast paced, learning environment
Aisles/Computers Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABMarch 3, 2016
Aisles and Computers offer both stability in hours and constant movement. Goals and quotas get you to push yourself to strive for better. I learned operating programs (Windows 7, 8, 10) along with vital omputer information (ram, processor, hard drive, etc) and had an opportunity to learn about Apple products. Grasped the understanding of front facing products, up-selling, and inventory management. Most people I worked with were easy going, and very work oriented while maintaining a healthy, active personal schedule.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with quotas, which were set by the previous year's completion per week. The most enjoyable part was the fact that it was a safe, reliable and trusting environment with a great staff and management team.
Cons
"Sh-t runs down hill. You're at the bottom."
Productive,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2016
very productive, l learned that patience goes very far. mangement is very approachable. I enjoy going to work, seeing my co-workers they are like family. Home away from home. hardest part of my job is when you can't make everyone happy, although you try. Most enjoyable is when you make your customers happy and they leave satisfied.
don't do it!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Mississauga is the busiest hub in Canada
You will be moving boxes of paper (50lbs +) ea by the skid load(2000lbs+). Hand delivery. Everyday.
You WILL work until you are finished your route.
You will not find respect until at least a year on the job.
Most of your training is on the run.
Trucks are ALWAYS a problem..YOURS
Busy season is murder!!
Pros
99% great customers, decent wages, decent benefits
Cons
The busy season, management
Overall good company to work for, poisoned by terrible management at store level
Merchandiser/Aisles Associate (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSFebruary 7, 2016
Horrible management at the store level. Was told by my GM that I was "never allowed t sell a computer again" because of minor mistakes I made in an area I was never trained instead of offering to train me. Maybe if they actually spent the money to have more sales people in the store I wouldn't get dragged over there. The other manager, divisional sales or something is constantly being sarcastic when I ask him questions or hardly ever listens when I talk to him on the phone. very unprofessional and can't wait to leave.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while, I`ll be able to quit soon
Cons
Treated poorly, un-appreciated, degraded by management, bad pay, horrible hours.
Great Place of Employment!
Staples Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 12, 2016
The staff and managers were very personable and I enjoyed every shift. I felt good after every shift, and breaks were distributed evenly. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge, however I enjoyed learning new things.
Pros
Break Schedules were Pristine
Fun, and met lots of new people. Team job.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Staples was a fun job to me, because there are many other co-workers that you get to work with, and also make a relationship with. My social skills improved, and I learned how to speak to all types of people, whether they're angry, confused, cant speak English.
Excellent Service
Retail Associate/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2016
I started off at Staples as a co-op student so the employees were familiar with me. The service at Staples is wonderful, and they make you feel like you're part of the team. I was in charge of the Ink and Toner section, so a typical day for me would be to get the products from the receiving room and stock all the products into their specific shelves. I assisted in customer service, by helping clients find out what they were looking for, and I also helped customers bring heavy products to their vehicle. The Staples staff and management love to see you do well by helping the company achieve their goals, and they give you positive feedback on how you can do better.
Pros
excellent staff, excellent service
productive
Sales Associate / Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2016
i only worked there for a really short period time. the job was only seasonal but i really enjoyed my time there. while i was there i learned a lot from the crew and managers. unfortunately the place is closed now, and the crew and managers have been re-located.
Pros
productive
Cons
Seasonal
Fast paced environment
Team Manager, Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 19, 2016
Typical day at work involved managing a team of 23 associates in both the Fraud & Reports department. I've learned a lot about online fraud and the different methods to help prevent it. My immediate manager was a pleasure to work for. He was tough but fair.
Great Company, Cares about Employee's, Potential for Moving Up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 28, 2016
I've worked at Staples part-time for over 6 years. Great company, little stress. Excessive amounts of Interviews to get in, however this insures colleagues are suitable for the job, and pull their own weight.
Pros
Very little Stress. Flexible Schedule.
Cons
Salary, When doing a closing shift, never leaving when scheduled.
Well organized and safe environment
Cashier/Stock/Sales (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCApril 6, 2016
Staples is a great job. It is well organized and supplies great recognition when you have done a good job. The managers and the whole team are very welcoming and supportive as well.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Time can pass slowly