Staples Employee Reviews

Great if you are a young wipper snapper..lol
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC18 October 2016
I enjoyed it to a point. I liked to help my customers but when it came time for a raise I was actually very disappointed after a year of service to get a .25 cent raise.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
on night shift no place to have a smoke break as we could not exit the store
Happy, high spirited, knowledgeable
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 July 2016
All of the staff and management are happy, high spirited, knowledgeable people and the customers highly appreciate us for it.
There are lots of opportunity for advancements, which were made very clear in the orientation process, while naming many people who had advancements. Management is absolutely phenomenal and supportive and are well aware of what is going on in every area of the store and are always more than happy to step in when assistance is needed.
Pros
Paid breaks. Great co-workers and management. Happy customers.
Typical call center
Call Center/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 July 2016
Answered calls for customer service, billing inquiries, took catalogue orders over the phone, credit card issues, tracking orders through UPS
The hardest part of my job was being attached to the phone all day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with Americans and learning different things about the States.
Got along well with co-workers
Pros
great benifits and hourly wages
Cons
Being attached to the phone all day
Enjoyed working with Staples
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Sackville ns15 January 2017
I have spent ELEVEN years with this company all in sales and customer service but feel it is time to move forward with a company with a retirement package
Pros
Can win things if you exceed goals
Cons
No retirement package
too much work with less positive feedback
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
the store has too much work and the management was bad at giving positive or negative feedback. they really needs to change the management at this location
Pros
nothing
Cons
no feedback from supervisors
Call center
Sr. Electronic Commerce Rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS5 January 2017
This job was a good place to work if you can live on a six foot leash 40 hrs a week.. you have no freedom to be yourself. It is a call center environment and it is not for everybody. The pay and benefits fit my life at that time
High rotation of staff
Préposée au service à la clientèle/caissière (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC9 August 2016
It's a fair place to work. Employees are young and a lot of part time staff. Team work is promoted but not necessarily applied.. As most retail stores, lots of tagging to do and constant changes and rotations in the store. All in all it's an ok place.
Pros
continuous training
Cons
too much promotion
Good Job during high School
Furniture Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
good job to work while i was still in school, really flexiable with the hours and shifts as they know i am still in school. pretty fun job, and interacting with a lot of people was nice too
Loved Woeking for Staples
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
I loved working for Staples. Had a few issues with random employees here and there, but it was always resolved well thanks to the managements conflict resolution skills. Like a giant family.
Interesting, Different
Technology Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2016
No day is the same, I am learning so much about interacting with people and the day to day challenges of a business.

Co workers are easily the best part of the job, I enjoy seeing them each and everyday.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the bureaucracy and unreasonable expectations on everyone.
great work environment
Receveur / Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC18 October 2016
reception of goods, maintain reception area and all related warehouse duties. identify and secure valuable items in lock up. assist client with furniture purchases.
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
reduced hours
nice people and fun place
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON5 November 2016
it was good job for me as a part time cashier there .. and was getting enough hours but it was too far for me so i had to leave .. managers and bosses were good to all their employees .
Pros
50% discount
Great Place to Work!!
Customer Service Associate & Aisles Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 October 2016
My experience at Staples has been more than a pleasure. Unfortunately, they do not offer full-time hours to associates which is what I need.
Pros
Friendly co-workers/management
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Place to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Very Kind management
The management is ver flexible and addresses your needs, especially if your a student. Other staff is very kind and does not hesitate to teach you things that you do not know.
Excellent Sales Experience.
Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 June 2016
Achieve sales target on weekly basis help in gaining new sales experience.
Analyze customer needs, suggesting the ideal products that meet their requirements whilst cross selling insurance products to customers.
Customer-focused communicator with proven ability to understand and covey complex product information, develop rapport, build strong relationships with customers, and deliver high-impact sales presentations
Maximize sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
Productive Workplace, Hard to get along with staff
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 June 2016
Overall as a job it's not bad at all, but in my experience the staff members were awful to get along with and they were all very judgmental. I'm younger so that might be why as the part-time staff were very nice, but the older employees seemed to have a thing against younger staff members so I would watch out for that if you are under 30.
sales
Sales Representative for technology dept (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 January 2017
I was a sales associate for the technical and furniture department.
Promoting extra warranty for product as in computers, printers, chairs, etc.

I was also a cashier as well
Wonderful People, Wonderful Place, Wonderful Environment
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 June 2016
My amazing management at Staples always does their best to work with you and your schedule. They are very understanding and accommodating when they work with you. And they always strive to create an enjoyable work experience and environment for everyone, they want everyone to be happy and comfortable.
Coworkers are always very kind and happy, we easily welcome others into the family and love to chat when we have the time, both on and off the job. We really get to know each other and that makes the Christmas and Summer BBQ the best and most fun experience.
Relaxed work environment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Strong work life balance is encouraged by management. A positive and relaxed work environment. Collaboration and partnership is seen throughout the many teams and departments.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Professional Quality Company
Sales, Cashier, Copy and Print Centre (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON16 January 2017
I love Staples! They offer lots of perks, good discounts, and opportunities to evolve. I would work for Staples again if the opportunity came.