Staples Employee Reviews

Loved Woeking for Staples
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
I loved working for Staples. Had a few issues with random employees here and there, but it was always resolved well thanks to the managements conflict resolution skills. Like a giant family.
alot of events and on boarding parties, fun and creative enviroment
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 January 2017
They were bought out and were merged together which caused a lot of change and turn over because of it. my team was in change of the profiles to the new profiles and platforms. and work with merchandising dept, creative department, and salesperson for each account. and keep them on track with deadlines and new launches for new business. added prices to items on the system and changed prices for sales items. and added text and french text to the web page. always on time
Pros
free promotional items
Call center
Sr. Electronic Commerce Rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS5 January 2017
This job was a good place to work if you can live on a six foot leash 40 hrs a week.. you have no freedom to be yourself. It is a call center environment and it is not for everybody. The pay and benefits fit my life at that time
Great work place with great benefits and people.
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 December 2016
Staples was a great job. It allowed me to utilize the skills I already had to help others. Customer service is a field in which I enjoy working. I learned how to deal with customers who were upset and how to rectify said issue.

The technology department taught me a lot on the latest products, which in turn would allow me to assist customers with any questions they may have. The repair depot also taught me how to work through problems with pc hardware and software. A skill that will forever be useful.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
At Staples I learnt how to work effectively in a team environment and how to talk to interact with customers professionally and respectfully. Manager are there to assist you with any concerns pertaining to your job and career path. Also, I get to work as a Chat Agent, ECommerce Representative and Customer Service. So I learnt to how to communicate with customers through different methods.
Pros
flexible hours
Great environment, Manager treats you like family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 December 2016
I started this job as a work placement when I was in a special adult living program at SIAST. Immediately upon entering the manager's office I could tell the energy of the atmosphere was a very positive one and the manager was very friendly.

Over the course of working there I was greeted with pleasant coworkers and a manager that gave you a pat on the back for accomplishing personal goals such as getting your area of the store front faced in a short amount of time or being able accomplish more tasks effectively and more efficiently. After my job placement period was done I was offered the job there part time and eagerly took it. I always looked forward to working at this place and getting to chat with fellow workers and customers and always felt good about getting tasks done with positive reinforcement to strengthen my morale to do even better as each work day passed. My only regret was having to leave the job due to schedule conflicts with a full time job I found at another place that paid slightly more, but if given the chance, I would definitely go back to work at Staples again without question.
Pros
in-store discount, Awesome Manager, great coworkers, great atmosphere
Cons
only part time hours and minimum wage
Good experience
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON missusaga22 December 2016
Good experience in my life friendly atmosphere best managedment.i work hard there regularly and did not make a sick call even one day in my three year job.iam fully comfortable at workplace whole three years .some time my G.M give me rewards to me for my good job and I fully enjoy my benefits all other benifits some times bonus
Great People
Tech Salesman (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 December 2016
I didn't expect to find such great people at STAPLES. I leanrned a lot regarding time management, customer service and meeting sales goals.
Busy and enjoyable place to work
Level 2 Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
At Staples I learned a lot about management and team work. I also learned how to effectively communicate with the customers and other departments.

This is a good place to work if you want to gain valuable customer service experience and also transferable skills if you are looking for another job.
Pros
Valuable customer service experience
Cons
Hourly pay rate is not the greatest
Staples
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 December 2016
Work is normally good, sometimes managers have there days but who doesn't. The store has come a long way since I have started. I hope that it keeps climbing to get to success
Overall review
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 December 2016
Overall the staff is great, the management is ok. I was fired with a week left in my 3 month because from what I believe is that they didn't want to pay for my benefits.I did really enjoy working in the position I was in. If I was was asked to come back to work in the position I was in I would......
Good team work
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 December 2016
One of the best thing I experienced is good team work and that is night crew and also it has friendly management which is good.
Horrible management, not enough training.
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 December 2016
I worked in the Burlington location and did not enjoy my position past two weeks.

They tricked me into working in the Copy and Print center, promising it would be temporary and that they'd move me to the tech center.

After six months of nothing changing in my position and them putting me as a cashier, the stress of the copy center forced me to leave.

Working in the copy center you are alone a lot of the time and it is chaotic. There needs to be two people in there at all times.

Managers were passive agressive and had no idea how to assist in the copy center. Absolutely no training there at all. There were petty arguments between employees, and some of the employees got away with things they shouldn't have such as bad mouthing other employees and storming out of their position only to be forgiven a few minutes later.

Was promised to have someone talk with me about how we could work with my anxiety and how to make my job as stress free as possible and nobody ever kept their promise.

Cash was easy, but they threw me in there with no training.

Don't take a copy and print position if you are anxious or easily stressed out. It is very chaotic and nobody but the people who work solely in the print center are trained on how to do anything in the print center.

You do get benefits after 6 months, however no matter if you're part or full time.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours for the most part.
Cons
Horrible managers, untrained staff, no room to grow.
too much work with less positive feedback
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
the store has too much work and the management was bad at giving positive or negative feedback. they really needs to change the management at this location
Pros
nothing
Cons
no feedback from supervisors
Great but pays poorly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Area1 December 2016
Love the job and totally dedicated to it. Management is engaged, friendly and understanding. It can get very busy though so you can easily find your self running around like madman. Most of the time it is a team environment but often some associates slack off or take the lazy route which causes more work for everyone else. One of the biggest issues for me is the terrible computer systems that impead your abilities to help customers efficiently. Overall though I would say that Staples is a great place to work if you can get past the low pay and no overtime.
Pros
Almost all the staff are amazing, friendly work environment, working indoors, flexible hours, helping customers.
Cons
Pay, Little chance to move up the ladder, computer systems, education.
Great work culture, teamwork, recognition
Ecommerce Merchandising Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 November 2016
A typical day will involve working with people from various departments on a diverse number of projects. I learned from every aspects of the role, from co-workers and managers. Everyone works as a team and is willing to help with anything.
Pros
Company culture, great people
Cons
Job advancement
professional
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2016
A very nice and professional place to work in. The management was very professional, very helpful at times and ready to teach the new aspects in job. Great place.
Good Job during high School
Furniture Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 November 2016
good job to work while i was still in school, really flexiable with the hours and shifts as they know i am still in school. pretty fun job, and interacting with a lot of people was nice too
Good people, Approachable management, fun events, and lots of learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 November 2016
Staples was a good place to work,. We had CS rep relationship events twice a year for a week. We did monthly events by an engagement team, of which I was personally involved to give reps, and management competitions, food contests, etc. Management was Always very good to deal with. They were Always approachable, patient, helpful. with a smile.
A typical day at work would be answering inbound calls, taking orders, payments, doing resolution for customer issues.
My coworkers, were open, and helpful, and fantastic. We were a very diverse company, so along with the job, we learned so much from one another.
I can't really define a hard part of the job. I really did not find it difficult.
But the best part was getting up and going to work everyday.
Pros
Special fun events, great benefits, and RRSP & Stock plans
Cons
could be abit repititous at times
Great management from the top down
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
Staples fulfillment center in Winnipeg is honestly the best job I have had in my life. The management is smart, they know that a well treated employee will produce much more than if they were ruled with an iron fist.
Having said that, it is very important that a company hire people with a positive attitude, as to not poison the crew with negativity. This branch has done just that, and I have never had the privilege of working with such a great bunch.
I hope for many more years at this location :)

Happy job hunting everybody, and don't settle for just anything if you can, it may be the best move you ever made.
Pros
Great management, Genuine team spirit, Free coffee (Keuig), New building, Mint condition machines
Cons
Its not in an area serviced by public transit