Staples Employee Reviews

Supportive and high energy workplace
Technology Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
I enjoy working for Staples. My management team is extremely supportive and encourages employees to grow every day. I strived to to take on a leadership role and the management team coached me into the role of Technology Consultant. I am pleased to say that with their help I learned to be a stronger leader than ever before. I enjoy communicating with customers and ensuring they leave the store with a total solution. The hardest part of the job is handling unhappy and impatient customers who can sometimes direct their anger towards you as the associate. I have learned to avoid taking it as a personal attack and try to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Unhappy customers
Okay Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
Electronic and stationary retail store. Expect work and customers to go with these.

The position will teach you a lot about electronic devices.

Hours are erratic at times. Started off good (20+ week) and ended up going down to 5 a week.
Pros
Good First Job
Cons
Pay increase and position advancement are unlikely
Slow workplace and barely any hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 March 2017
Very laid back at work. Not much going on, just saying hi to people entering the store and standing at the till. Management was having constant problems with people leaving due to lack of hours resulting in little pay. Coworkers were very friendly however employees needs weren't accounted for.
Pros
Breaks on time
Cons
Lack of hours
Dead end
Resident Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 January 2017
Little to no opportunity for advancement, unlicensed technicians, basically this is nothing but a job for high school kids, hopefully only for those with enough good sense to get out before the terrible work environment claims another manager and they actually do, on those rare opportunities, go looking for new blood.
No recognition for work done, no chances for advancement.
Associer de vente (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 March 2017
Working at Bureau en Gros in the Plateau is like being part of a family, one where you're never appreciated for the work you do, one where at any time if you happen to fall ill or need a week off you will loose your hours and will have to live off the minimum wage with 8hrs a week, one where there's always that one supervisor who's always bad mouthing every employee for every small reason. In short "a family you might never want to spend time with". Harsh words I know but I've seen them take away peoples livelihood at the drop of a hat with those precious words, everyone is replaceable.
I do not wish to be associated with this company anymore.
Pros
plenty of time off
Cons
plenty of time off
Fun and friendly workplace
Aisle/Furniture Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 March 2017
Staples was a great experience and provided supportive working conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to the order, cleanliness and aesthetics of the store. Management was friendly and cared about the well-being of employees.
Pros
Supportive work environment
very stressful depending on who is your manager
Quill sales rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 March 2017
worked here for 9 months. was constantly verbally abused by my manager. favortism runs rampant here. they didnt pay me for my last pay. Filed a complaint with the nova scotia labour board
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management would rather insult you than encourage you.
Goodl place to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 February 2017
The policies and rules make the place a good place to work. Continuous learning and friendly environment to work.
Good benefits and opportunities to grow inside.
Pros
Good hours.
Fantastic Company
Copy, Cash and Aisles Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Benefits for everyone, stay for ten years and your pension is paid, breaks are regulated, company gifts for landmarks in time spent working for company, eco-friendly. Working at Staples was like having a second family. They care about you so much there.
Fun Work Environment, Great benefits
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 March 2017
Awesome benefits and good company standards. The company really seems to have the employees personal health and happiness in mind and provides a ton of support.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted
Call center
Sr. Electronic Commerce Rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS5 January 2017
This job was a good place to work if you can live on a six foot leash 40 hrs a week.. you have no freedom to be yourself. It is a call center environment and it is not for everybody. The pay and benefits fit my life at that time
I had a pleasant experience working for this company.
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
The management team made their expectations clear, and gave more than enough time and resources to execute any job in a reasonable and safe manner.
Pros
Reliable scheduling
Cons
Exclusively at night
Bureau en gros
Directrice divisionnaire des ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 November 2016
Overall great experience. Good benefits and a good balance with family and work. Lots of "employee day". Back to school was really busy but fun. Working weekends and nights were hard once I had my kids.
Pros
benefits, good balance, lots of team work
Cons
working nights and weekends
great company
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2017
very laid back well organized operation. people are kind and management is reasonable. most days are busy but slow days part timers are sent home
Loved Woeking for Staples
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
I loved working for Staples. Had a few issues with random employees here and there, but it was always resolved well thanks to the managements conflict resolution skills. Like a giant family.
Working at Staples call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 September 2016
I really loved working at Staples call center, they were understanding and accommodating when the time was needed. I enjoyed working for Staples, and getting to talk to the customers from different places in the United States. 99% of the time the customers were friendly, but you do come across the odd grouchy,or racist or just nasty people. But I didn't mind dealing with them, all they want is for someone to listen to what they have to say! The only thing I would complain about the company is that they don't pay enough an hour, Where as other call centers pay almost $20 an hour, Staples would offer minimum or unless you had experience then they would offer a bit more. They have awesome benefit coverage, and paid holiday, so you would think they would pay more to their employees. Price for lunches in the cafeteria was acceptable, Management was great and understanding and there for you if you needed to talk to someone! I just wish they didn't close their doors and moved it to the Philippines because I would still be working there if they didn't move.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Working on important holidays except Christmas
Wonderful
Cashier/ Furniture/Aisles (Former Employee) –  4122 Calgary Trail27 January 2017
My time at staples was extremely enjoyable. The staff was wonderful and the management was exceptional. I learned lots about customer service from that place and made a lasting friend or two.
Fun Workplace with a lot of learning and growth potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK29 April 2016
A very good company to learn processes and to develop own self professionally.
Lots to learn!

Great Management which fosters an environment of learning and growing within the company.
The team always looks after you.
Pros
Relocation Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Computer Assistant
Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC17 October 2016
I worked at Staples Canada in Westmont QC in September 2008 until December 2009 as a Computer Assistant. My job is to guide the customers for the electronic items they wanted to buy and promote the additional insurance in order to improve the customer satisfaction towards their products.
Pros
Rebate for buying the products in store
Time well spent
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
As management your shifts are 9 hours a day with 2 15min and 1 1/2 hour break, There are 3 shifts per day open, mid and close. Each store deals differently with days off i.e. 2 days off together, weekends off or 2 separate days off. It is great place to work, with good benefits. The staff was great. The hardest part of the job for me was finding the time to learn everything. The best part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
a lot to learn