Staples Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Sales Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 December 2017
Good place to work. All coworkers and management got along which made going to work enjoyable. The store had it slow times and extremely busy times.
Always busy
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 December 2017
Staff and employees were fun to work with, Our General manager always made sure we had the proper tools to do the job , And was always available to help out when needed.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Hard to get good employees
good place to work
Technology Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 December 2017
was a great place to work, if you work hard and do the job required and go above and beyond they take the time to recognize you. great place to advance your skills and knowledge
Friendly staff, Rivalry and finger pointing.
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB30 November 2017
Pay is competitive and usually coworkers are friendly and fun to work with. Some ruin your time and take every sale possible from you and blame others for their mistakes. Awesome service and great products. Easy to learn no matter the job.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Competitive pay
Wish i could go back!
Senior Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
The training opportunity alone were worth working here. within 6 months i was working in all departments.
every day i got to work in different department of store and the staff and managers were a pleasure to work for.
Enjoyed the work but management was there to hang you out to dry
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB28 November 2017
Loved the work, and co-workers, but management put their overseeing responsibilities onto the floor staffs shoulders and when they didn't the results they were hoping for, employees were railroaded out the door. Very unprofessional and sneekie.
Pros
Steady, good co-workers, enjoyable atmoshere
Cons
Management very deceitful, unprofessional, and callus.
great working environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON27 November 2017
staples provided me with a great working environment. great system, great management, great coworkers and an overall great working environment. Real nice place.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
Over all alright
Cashier / Sales (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 November 2017
I worked for staples for 1 year as a cashier, I had a good experiance with staples in the beginning, everyone was super nice and I learned a lot with the training they provided, over the year I wanted to move around to a different position/ department and I was promised so, I worked hard and did more then expected as a cashier but in the end did not get to move departments because I was good at my job... The management would not move me because I was good at my job despite my requests and preferences, I quit due to being bored and not gaining further experiance
Pros
Good training, positive team members
Cons
Might not progress
First job
Retail Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
i learned how to greet guests over here. This place is so quite. I love the way they deal with their costumers. the enjoyable part of the job was helping with guest concerns.
Productive place to work. good environment.
Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 November 2017
A typical day at work in staples is rather busy believe it or not, I have minimal time to focus on things that need to get done for the customers. I learned a lot from staples of how to fix certain items of technology, the basics of how they fix computers..however i am NOT the one who fixes them full time. The workplace culture is a good place to be. I have made life long friends there and wish to keep in contact with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i have satisfied a customer beyond their imagination.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
constant shift switching
Can be excellent depending on management
Copy and Print Associate / Aisles Lead (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 November 2017
I have had the pleasure of working in two different locations for this company and can say without a doubt this employer can be wonderful and provide excellent career advancement opportunities when good management is in place. However when the management is lackluster the job satisfaction and employee rentention plummets.
Good starter job
Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC6 November 2017
Unless your a manager, this job is terrible, bad wage, fast pace, you don't get paid your worth, people constantly coming and going, the management doesn't care about you they care about numbers.
High stress for the level of pay
Technology Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 November 2017
Managers were usually helpful and understanding, but computer customers add a level of stress to this position that make it far less pleasant. On a day with good customers, it is a great place to work.
Easy work, very nice staff
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Everything2 November 2017
I was only a co op student for a few months , but in that few months I’ve learned a lot about customer service. The associates at Staples were very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Work was not hard and instructions were very easy to follow.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and challenging workplace
Ontario Technology Sales Area Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 November 2017
I learned that it is very difficult to move up the ladder because head office hires the managers and they look for manager experiences from other retails rather than promoting someone within.
The work you have to do does not necessarily match the pay you get such as the receiving role of the stores. Workplace culture is relatively good, but many younger students work with you as well and at times they are not as motivated. Overall a great experience!
Benefits
Cons
Work production
ENjoy working at home, and excelling at what I do
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
Currently senior associate in an ESCALATION/RETENTION department. Field and handle complaint calls and e-mails all day, train new associates, do call quality and case reviews.

After three years, the issues get worse and the company problems unresolved and customers are getting more and more aggressive and difficult to handle.
Pros
Work@home, benefits
Cons
High Stress job, sedentary jos
Decent
Copy & Print Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2017
Its alright, could pay Copy centre associates more for the work load they have opposed to a simple cashier.
Management needs to be a bit kinder to the different associates in different parts of the store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Trash pay for Copy Centre
The Love of Staples
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 October 2017
Working at Staples was a great experience! I experienced many obstacles and learned great customer skills. The many things I won't forget about working at Staples, was the great staff members as well as the fantastic management crew... you could truly call us a 'work family'. Personally, I never would have left this job if it wasn't for the need of extra hours to bring in extra income.
was fun to work there
Customer service representitive (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 October 2017
the management was very understanding and helped me develop many of my retail skills further then before and opened me up to new workplace positions and responsibilities.
Pros
Close to home, great staff
Cons
Slow paced
Great Brand; Trying to stay relevant in todays market.
Technology Sales & Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 October 2017
Staples provided me with a great place to begin my work career in Canada, the people that work there is essentially what makes the place so fantastic to work.
Management is amazing, they are always there when needed. Everyone has a sense of camaraderie.

At the end of the day, it is still a retail chain, and it boils down tot he customers you meet. You have days where you have customers who can make your day or break it.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Minimum Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K