Staples
3,575 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If the call center life is for you, it is a decent one
Customer Service Help Desk Associate (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Good vacation accrual (2wks from 1-2yrs, 3 weeks for 3-5 yrs and 4 weeks, 5yrs+
Cons: Hard to reduce hours when there is a business need
The hardest part is when it is busy, answering call after call, endless ringing in your ear. After 10 years, I need a change but there are many who have 10+ years at this center, for a reason- great benefits.
Excellent Workplace
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent Management
Cons: Long hours on your feet
This place is overall a fantastic place to work. Management fully understands your needs and goals. Time off has never been an issue and they don't make you feel bad for anything you must do in your free time. Respect is a two way street and they have held up their end in my experience.
Pretty good place to work!
Technology Salesperson (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible; benefits; management; atmosphere; events
Cons: Pay (Minimum wage)
Staples was very kind to me during my stay with them. They were willing to work with your schedule as long as it was reasonable. For the position I was working I was paid minimum wage however that was to be expected. Employees are given benefits even if only working part time. The job security wasn't fantastic however as the other store in town was forced to close due to financial pressure. The management addressed concerns I had about different aspects of the job and were generally clear in their expectations. The other employees were willing to give guidance on various procedures which was a great help. There was a slight bit of drama I was annoyed by but it didn't affect me directly so I can't complain too much about that. All in all, probably one of the better retail jobs out there.
Great coworkers, hard to deal with customers
Aisles Associate (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTAugust 9, 2015
A typical day at work includes stocking shelves and helping customers. I learned that I really don't like people. Managers are friendly, coworkers are great. The hardest part of the job is having to tell customers you don't have something in stock (many yell, like it will make it magically appear. Co workers are the best part of the job hands down.
Learning ground
Tech Department Consultant / Resident Technician (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONAugust 6, 2015
• Performed thorough diagnosis on failed computer components/and repaired to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Completed and maintained documentation products under warranty.
• Responsible for installing computer hardware and software programs on client's computers.
• Provided onsite technical support which included installation, maintenance & repairs of computer system.
• Setup network devices & wireless devices.
• Proficient in LAN, WAN & network installation
• Ability to replace & install computer peripherals
Productive and Fun
Co-op Student (Former Employee), North Bay, ONAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, Constant tasks
Cons: Managers want it done their way or the highway.
I would come in, great all the coworkers as i walked in, got ready for my shift. stock product talked about new product that was coming to the store and/or had just arrived
STAPLES
Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 31, 2015
I am delivering daily financial / non financial goals in Capital Goods (electronics, printing and copy center, furniture sections ). My duty is to develop and reinforce the selling culture, leverage customer relationships to drive sales, and maintain high merchandising standards. Responsible to ensure customer satisfaction both in store and post sales. Assists in providing guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge.
Not a good place to work in at all
Csr (Former Employee), Lower sackvilleJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Bad for health
I worked at the call center in Halifax for over a year and has never seen a place where they all think they are doctors and make you feel like nothing. I had to go on leave because the stress they put me under to the point where my doctor permently put me off from there. Run away and find a different job. ..don't apply
Flexible work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto. ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: short shifts
A multifaceted working environment that caters to the needs of businesses and consumers alike by offering services ranging from furniture and technology to office supplies.
good work struggling company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), innes and tenth lineJuly 23, 2015
I had a good couple years at staples working as an all rounded sales associate. i would sell anything from electronics to chairs and even helped out at the cash. But the company was not doing to well in its field and hours were being cut so i choose to move on in my young student career.
Friendly Environment
Sales Area Representative (Current Employee), Morningside and MilnerJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibility of schedule
Cons: Pay increase seems to be non existent and hard to move up in the company
Day consist of managing paperwork, tending to customers' needs, delivering stock form receiving to sales floor, maintain planograms, work with co-workers to finalize sales, bottom line is to keep sales high and reach weekly goals while keeping customers satisfied and content. Able to cross train from different departments. Hardest part is to maintain store planograms and keep weekly goals aligned.
Fun sales focused place to work.
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: support, christmas dinner, uniform, store hours
Cons: location, needs more cash workers
Staples is a fun place to work where i've always felt very welcome. It is one of my first jobs and over the years they've really helped my gain the knowledge and understanding that i needed in order to maintain and enjoy my part-time job. My coworkers and management team have allowed me to express myself and grow as a person well gaining confidence in today's society. Staples does push sales numbers on us but they give us the support we need to achieve them. Staples is overall a decent place to work.
slow pace but enjoyable
cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good hours, best co-workers
Cons: having nothing to do
Working here was lots of fun way different than the other two jobs I have had. The people I worked with were FANTASTIC always full of energy and always made the hours go by quick. The hardest part of the job is having to talk to much when being the cashier because I feel like people get annoyed with all the questions.
Staples
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTJuly 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Staples. My daily interactions with my associates was imperative so that I could monitor their performance to ensure they were meeting the companies expectations.
supportive and positive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great support to new employees
Cons: 11am-8pm shifts
Staples Canada provided me with excellent team building skills, as well as extensive experience in effectively resolving customers issues on a daily basis.

The people around me provided me with positivity and support in a rapidly changing work environment.
Fun Place
Copy Center Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 25, 2015
Customers are very nice. I get to meet different people every day. It is very rewarding when customers from a year ago call to see if I am still working at staples because I gave such good customer service.
nice job
Technical Salesperson (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 22, 2015
a part of my internship
good environment and management
good training
liked the schedule
always looking for some IT work in my life
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fast pace
Cons: very repetitive
Company treats their employees fairly, with chances to move within the company. Days were pretty repetitive, but always a challenge.
A good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 16, 2015
During my time at Staples I learned a lot about costumer service and also developed skills in the copy and print center. The hardest part about working there was the management staff was not very enjoyable to work with at times and were rarely accommodating to their employees.
friendly atmosphere
Customer Service help desk (Former Employee), ReginaJune 10, 2015
pros:- nice people to work with, 9-5 job, relaxed atmosphere, ,management is understanding.

cons:- no growth and not good pay

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

Staples is a world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities leader. In fact, we're one of the world’s top five online – Read more