Staples Employee Reviews

Amazing corporate culture
Project Coordinator, Business Development Program (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2017
I absolutely love working at Staples. They have an amazing corporate culture.They also provide some of the best training in the industry and make sure their employees are ready to tackle any issues
Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS17 September 2017
This is a great environment to work, and you are continuously trained to keep up with new developments/policies in the workplace.
All the people are great to work with, and the culture is to give the best customer service through interaction and understanding the customer's needs.
The only drawback is that the hours are only part time, and getting full time positions can be done, but you may have to move to another location where there is an opening. I had the opportunity to move to a full time position, but could not move with my child in a critical stage of his education.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive & fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2017
A typical day at work tends to be pretty long as I work 9 hour shifts but the time goes by fast. The employees are a lot of fun to work with and we enjoy our time there. The hardest part of the job is being under staffed in the evenings and having it struggle.
Pros
Great employees
Fun and Engaging Job in Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2017
Staples Canada has provided me with a fun and engaging job in the Customer Service sector. Coworkers at my store have felt more like family for years now. Management has always been very kind and accommodating, and I have always been comfortable with talking with them about an issues or concerns.
My very first job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada11 September 2017
- I was a customer service clerk
- mostly worked at cash
- handles returns and entered returned items into the systems using the invoices issued
- learned how to deal with upset customers and provide them with the most satisfactory service
Polycies and Procedures
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 September 2017
Call Center Cubicle maze. Expected to meet preset targets of calls received and queries resolved. On slower phone times moved to a different call queue to answer unfamiliar questions. Good motivational events and incentives, weekly meetings with management to listen and also be heard.
High pressure company with great employees
Strategic Brand Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 September 2017
Working on the promotional product side of the business the job is high pressure as we are constantly required to meet deadlines/event dates for our client. The job pressure can be extremely demanding.
Great Place to work
Order Entry/Rewards Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 September 2017
Excellent support from team, multiple job advancement opportunities. Work was good, easy in some departments and difficult in others. Great training routine.
Productive and fun workplace
Print and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
Management takes responsibility and care of their employees and takes time to listen to suggestions. On a regular basis, the management and other workers create an environment that is productive, fresh, and encouraging.
High employee turnover put a huge strain on long term employess.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 September 2017
I enjoyed the freedom the company gave me in developing my team. Unfortunately they do not reward achievements no matter how much improvement you make.
The management group, while giving you the freedom to do what you think is needed, have the carrot reward system. They tell you you are going to get big rewards, especially in salary, bu then never come through.
I loved it there but the broken promises made me decide to leave.
Pros
Freedom to do what's necessary
Cons
Never come through on their promises.
Résumé de mon expérience au Staples
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC30 August 2017
Bonjour!

Une journée typique au Bureau en Gros commence par la ''présentation'', donc de saluer tous les employés, les directeurs etc. Apres avoir ''puncher'', je compte ma caisse et je vérifie si tout est normal pour finalement ouvrir ma caisse. Lorsque tout ça est fait, je sers les clients, tout en restant polie et souriante. Je socialise avec eux pour qu'ils puissent se souvenir du service qu'ils ont reçu et qu'ils reviennent éventuellement.

J'ai appris au Bureau en Gros est que la communication et le travail d'équipe sont des valeurs importantes dans le service a la clientèle. J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler dans cette succursale.

La communication avec les 5 directeurs était plus facile avec certains d'entre eux, mais avec d'autres, elle était nulle.

Le lieu de travail était super, propre et assez espacé. Les employés étaient sociables et gentils, nous étions ''unis''.

L'aspect ''difficile'' etait selon moi, le coté plus consommateur de cette succusale. Je me sentais comme un numéro et non comme une personne. C'est pour cela que je me penche plus vers les restaurants et les boutiques locales. Mes valeurs se rapprochent plus a celles-ci.

L'aspect positif etait vraiment le cote du service a la clientele. J'adore communiquer avec les gens et la majorité des clients etait tres heureux.
Pros
Horaire flexibles, comprehensifs
Cons
se sentir comme un numero
typical retail environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON28 August 2017
I was hired as a lead in aisles department and excelled at my position to the point of being assigned more duties not within my job description. I worked well with all the staff.
Well rounded learning oppertunities
Cashier and Copy Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
This Job allowed me to learn and move around many positions throughout the store. I was able to start on cash and the move to stalking aisles as well as running the copy center. I was able to learn to deal with business owners and party planners helping them market their events and enhancing the profession look of their business.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
slow paced working environment
Productive and Fun
Senior Sales Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 August 2017
A positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.

Overall satisfactory
Long time employee
Copy Centre Consultant -Divisional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2017
Long time employee of this company. Wonderful people and great staff but it is retail, so little to no more for advancement unless you want to jump through flaming hoops till the day you die.
Fun place to work
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
enjoyed working, nice work place and co workers were awesome, got an understanding of the call center environment. management was helpful and gave good training.
No Fun
Overnight Hub Copy Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2017
Management does nothing to maintain employee relationships. I told my boss I had Rheumatoid Arthritis and was struggling to perform my duties as I was left BY MYSELF most nights.. nothing changed. I was forced to leave a job I loved due to horrible management.
A place where they expect you to work hard
Customer Service Representative |Email (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS20 August 2017
Was a fantastic place to work in the early years however now not so much . Good hours to work but vacation is very difficult to get especially around the holiday time is this call centre works around American holidays
Pros
Free parking on a bus route you get your own desk no late night
Cons
No job security vacation very difficult to get
Fun and Excited
Copy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
Mangement are very fleaxable. Staff are amazing. The level of family connection in the store is fantactic. Management are very flexable with scheduling and very understanding
Productive & Enjoyable workplace.
Night worker (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 August 2017
Working here was one of my best experiences. although only temporary work. It was a blast. Loads of fun & everybody got the job done.

The night started out with everyone getting a task assigned to them from there completing the task given. It was easy, fun and enjoyable.
I learned various store plans and how to use a stock picker. Management was absolutely great. If I did something wrong they would help me out immediately. They were easy to talk to and were never rude. If they had a problem with something I or my Co-worker did they respectfully told us that we should re do it. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to night shift times but that only took 2 days and the most enjoyable part of the job was hearing from the managers that we did a phenomenal job and completed everything in less time than expected.
Pros
Friendly Managers
Cons
Temporary Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.