3,469 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work struggling company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), innes and tenth lineJuly 23, 2015
I had a good couple years at staples working as an all rounded sales associate. i would sell anything from electronics to chairs and even helped out at the cash. But the company was not doing to well in its field and hours were being cut so i choose to move on in my young student career.
Friendly Environment
Sales Area Representative (Current Employee), Morningside and MilnerJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibility of schedule
Cons: Pay increase seems to be non existent and hard to move up in the company
Day consist of managing paperwork, tending to customers' needs, delivering stock form receiving to sales floor, maintain planograms, work with co-workers to finalize sales, bottom line is to keep sales high and reach weekly goals while keeping customers satisfied and content. Able to cross train from different departments. Hardest part is to maintain store planograms and keep weekly goals aligned.
Fun sales focused place to work.
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: support, christmas dinner, uniform, store hours
Cons: location, needs more cash workers
Staples is a fun place to work where i've always felt very welcome. It is one of my first jobs and over the years they've really helped my gain the knowledge and understanding that i needed in order to maintain and enjoy my part-time job. My coworkers and management team have allowed me to express myself and grow as a person well gaining confidence in today's society. Staples does push sales numbers on us but they give us the support we need to achieve them. Staples is overall a decent place to work.
slow pace but enjoyable
cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good hours, best co-workers
Cons: having nothing to do
Working here was lots of fun way different than the other two jobs I have had. The people I worked with were FANTASTIC always full of energy and always made the hours go by quick. The hardest part of the job is having to talk to much when being the cashier because I feel like people get annoyed with all the questions.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTJuly 2, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Staples. My daily interactions with my associates was imperative so that I could monitor their performance to ensure they were meeting the companies expectations.
supportive and positive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great support to new employees
Cons: 11am-8pm shifts
Staples Canada provided me with excellent team building skills, as well as extensive experience in effectively resolving customers issues on a daily basis.

The people around me provided me with positivity and support in a rapidly changing work environment.
Fun Place
Copy Center Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 25, 2015
Customers are very nice. I get to meet different people every day. It is very rewarding when customers from a year ago call to see if I am still working at staples because I gave such good customer service.
nice job
Technical Salesperson (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 22, 2015
a part of my internship
good environment and management
good training
liked the schedule
always looking for some IT work in my life
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fast pace
Cons: very repetitive
Company treats their employees fairly, with chances to move within the company. Days were pretty repetitive, but always a challenge.
A good learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJune 16, 2015
During my time at Staples I learned a lot about costumer service and also developed skills in the copy and print center. The hardest part about working there was the management staff was not very enjoyable to work with at times and were rarely accommodating to their employees.
friendly atmosphere
Customer Service help desk (Former Employee), ReginaJune 10, 2015
pros:- nice people to work with, 9-5 job, relaxed atmosphere, ,management is understanding.

cons:- no growth and not good pay
Good place to work, motivates and challenges you to grow
Technology Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Regina, SKJune 5, 2015
I have been working as a Technology Sales Supervisor at Staples Business Depot since November, 2013. My main role as a supervisor is to partner with management to determine and deliver on daily financial and non-financial goals. Using our database, I fetch the reports and set daily goals and analyse the performance of the team. I am engaged in coaching and training of Technology team members.

The management always help you to grow in the business. It's always fun to be present and work. Collegues are helpful and there is open communication among all. We also celebrate the each other victories.

Overall, It's good place to work.
Great Employees and Management
Cashier/Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 26, 2015
Developed alot of great skills. Made alot of friends and developed great customer service skills. Great management and team. Overall recommend and nice environment.
Good People, Not So Great Company
Copy and Print Digital Print Expert and Concierge (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 21, 2015
Fellow coworkers are excellent, you become a great work family. However, the higherups don't listen to squat. Don't expect your opinion to get very far.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and management.
Associate/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me first stocking the shelves as needed, and making sure everything looks neat and organized. I would also open and put out newly arrived merchandise. I would be out on the floor greeting customers, taking care of their concerns and helping them find the right merchandise. I also asked to be taught how to work at the cash register, so I could take the customers up and fill in for a cashier when needed. My management was very helpful and answered to all my questions and concerns, while the co-workers also helped quite a lot and made me feel like I belonged from the very start.
It is an okay place depending on location
Aisle Attendant (Former Employee), brampton, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: some employees
I learned a lot here and met a lot of different people. It was tedious on some days, but overall it is an ideal first job. They train you enough to do what you need to do.
summary for Staples
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
the staff was quite easy to get along and i enjoyed spending time at work a typical shift went by very fast since there was always something to do
great place to work with good benefits
Cashier, Sales, Inventory Stocking (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short shifts
Staples was a great place to work, they had awesome mangers and staff. The normal day at staples would be either opening or closing depending on your shift, stocking shelves with inventory from the back, helping customers and sometimes working cashier. I learned a lot about communicating with people and how to always ask open ended questions. the hardest part about staples was writing the sku's on the box's before putting them above the product. most enjoyable would be the awesome benefits.
Staples
Sales Support and Merchandise supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Not bad pay for retail, nice benefits
Cons: unreal expectation, over worked
This was a great company but unfortunately they are now fish out of water. Another words they are a company that has flat lined with sales a while ago and as a result have no idea anymore what they stand for, where they are going or what they really want to market as "there business." Every other week they try new product that for the most part ends up sitting there till it clearances it out for almost nothing. In order to maximise what sales they are getting, they have eliminated between 40-60 percent of there staff depending on the store you work in and yet still expect the same results. You get higher managers that feel if you plan enough anyone can do the impossible. If it looks goo and plausible on paper then why not in realty is there thinking, unfortunately the 2 really are quite different. This has lead to high turn over and lots even from home office jumping ship every other week. The last while they have started what to most appear like the start of replacing managers with supervisors both at the stores and head office, so they can have someone doing the job at a lot less money. Add to the mix they push more sales online but return in store, so it looks to investors as though there internet is doing so much better then the stores.
Loved working here!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 29, 2015
As much fun as working here was, some members of the management team made it a not-so-enjoyable experiencing! Although i can say i have gained and amplitude of experience and i have made many memories that will last me a lifetime!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more