Staples Employee Reviews

very stressful depending on who is your manager
Quill sales rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 March 2017
worked here for 9 months. was constantly verbally abused by my manager. favortism runs rampant here. they didnt pay me for my last pay. Filed a complaint with the nova scotia labour board
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management would rather insult you than encourage you.
Fun and friendly workplace
Aisle/Furniture Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 March 2017
Staples was a great experience and provided supportive working conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to the order, cleanliness and aesthetics of the store. Management was friendly and cared about the well-being of employees.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Good benefits, employee treatment mediocre
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
The job position is very reliable with good hours and a moderate amount of training provided to work the job smoothly. The management places work load unevenly between employees and favourites are a common occurrence with disregard to employee performance.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
Unfair workload distribution
No recognition for work done, no chances for advancement.
Associer de vente (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 March 2017
Working at Bureau en Gros in the Plateau is like being part of a family, one where you're never appreciated for the work you do, one where at any time if you happen to fall ill or need a week off you will loose your hours and will have to live off the minimum wage with 8hrs a week, one where there's always that one supervisor who's always bad mouthing every employee for every small reason. In short "a family you might never want to spend time with". Harsh words I know but I've seen them take away peoples livelihood at the drop of a hat with those precious words, everyone is replaceable.
I do not wish to be associated with this company anymore.
Pros
plenty of time off
Cons
plenty of time off
I always wanted to work there
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2017
I found that the company did not care enough for the people that work there. Associated went years without a review or wage increase. I also found it was disorganized around back to school time.
Chat Consumer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 March 2017
Some of the managers were really nice and some where down right mean. Generally speaking it was a good place to work, but you have to have a very strong skin to work on the phones.
Fun Work Environment, Great benefits
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 March 2017
Awesome benefits and good company standards. The company really seems to have the employees personal health and happiness in mind and provides a ton of support.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Hard to get promoted
A great company to work for.
Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2017
I great job for anyone looking for a retail position. The company offers many opportunities for advancement.

Great atmosphere, very focused on engaging their employees and ensuring that all employees are treated fairly.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Minimum wage for starting positions.
Slow workplace and barely any hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 March 2017
Very laid back at work. Not much going on, just saying hi to people entering the store and standing at the till. Management was having constant problems with people leaving due to lack of hours resulting in little pay. Coworkers were very friendly however employees needs weren't accounted for.
Pros
Breaks on time
Cons
Lack of hours
Good student job
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 February 2017
Good job for student. Hours are decent and flexible. Lots of friendly staff, and training is very straight forward and easy. Good for part time or full time.
Pros
discounts, flexible, good staff
Goodl place to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 February 2017
The policies and rules make the place a good place to work. Continuous learning and friendly environment to work.
Good benefits and opportunities to grow inside.
Pros
Good hours.
productive and fun workspace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
The hours are flexible and depending on the manager, they are according of illnesses. Working at Staples has Improved my communications skills with the customers, they gave me a chance to learn and develope my talents. I was very happy working with them.
Fun
Administrative Specialist & Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
I worked at staples just nearing the end of my highschool years.

if you love retail and love working with people this is a great job to work at.

I eventually worked all the departments within the store, at the time I was aiming for a general manager position.
Pros
lots of training, room to grow
Cons
competitive
Excellent place to start as a newcomer
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
The time I worked hete was owesome, they gave me a chance to learn and develope my talents. I was very happy working with them.
Specially store 026 Toronto, is the best.
Staples Contact Centre was a great place to work.
HR specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 February 2017
Managers and associates were well trained and for the first 10 years I found the culture was very exciting. Associates were well versed on the culture, the company goals and understood clearly where Staples wanted to be as a company. Salary and benefits were good, and all associates felt valued. Over the last few years Staple's goal was to be number one in office products and furniture and had a mandate to take over its biggest competitors. During this time it was obvious this was their focus and the culture was changing. Unfortunately Staples were not successful in buying out their competitors and for the first time in my career there I felt uncertain of how we would recover and that job security was at risk.

I had very supportive managers and business partners who were willing to discuss and share what they needed from me. They also had no problem letting me know when they needed me to step up and help them work through associate issues. Also no matter how complicated or demanding the work was we could always share a good laugh.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent training, good salary, treated associates fairly, Associates felt respected, and a big part of the success.
I had a pleasant experience working for this company.
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
The management team made their expectations clear, and gave more than enough time and resources to execute any job in a reasonable and safe manner.
Pros
Reliable scheduling
Cons
Exclusively at night
Great Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
flexible work environment
i learned how to deal with "difficult"customers
great management
Great Co workers
it was fast paste
great company for start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 February 2017
it is really great company for entry level employee
you can learn a lot in the company by the mature training program
you can learn much and contribute so much
you can build you career from this platform that staple offered
Good management and good team
COPY ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON7 February 2017
I had worked there for 6 years and it has great company working atmosphere. I love working with customers and solving customers problems.
Pros
Retail hours
Cons
Retail hours
Inviting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2017
Being a sales associate at staples, your day would consist of, reviewing your previous sales results, making a goal of the present day sales, assist customers and constantly up-sell. Staples teaches you how to be confident and natural with customers, to be able to get to the point and show them what their looking for in little time.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not very organized

69%