Staples

Staples Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Employees and Management
Cashier/Customer Service/Retail (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 26, 2015
Developed alot of great skills. Made alot of friends and developed great customer service skills. Great management and team. Overall recommend and nice environment.
Good People, Not So Great Company
Copy and Print Digital Print Expert and Concierge (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 21, 2015
Fellow coworkers are excellent, you become a great work family. However, the higherups don't listen to squat. Don't expect your opinion to get very far.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and management.
Associate/Stock/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me first stocking the shelves as needed, and making sure everything looks neat and organized. I would also open and put out newly arrived merchandise. I would be out on the floor greeting customers, taking care of their concerns and helping them find the right merchandise. I also asked to be taught how to work at the cash register, so I could take the customers up and fill in for a cashier when needed. My management was very helpful and answered to all my questions and concerns, while the co-workers also helped quite a lot and made me feel like I belonged from the very start.
It is an okay place depending on location
Aisle Attendant (Former Employee), brampton, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: some employees
I learned a lot here and met a lot of different people. It was tedious on some days, but overall it is an ideal first job. They train you enough to do what you need to do.
summary for Staples
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2015
the staff was quite easy to get along and i enjoyed spending time at work a typical shift went by very fast since there was always something to do
great place to work with good benefits
Cashier, Sales, Inventory Stocking (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short shifts
Staples was a great place to work, they had awesome mangers and staff. The normal day at staples would be either opening or closing depending on your shift, stocking shelves with inventory from the back, helping customers and sometimes working cashier. I learned a lot about communicating with people and how to always ask open ended questions. the hardest part about staples was writing the sku's on the box's before putting them above the product. most enjoyable would be the awesome benefits.
Staples
Sales Support and Merchandise supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Not bad pay for retail, nice benefits
Cons: unreal expectation, over worked
This was a great company but unfortunately they are now fish out of water. Another words they are a company that has flat lined with sales a while ago and as a result have no idea anymore what they stand for, where they are going or what they really want to market as "there business." Every other week they try new product that for the most part ends up sitting there till it clearances it out for almost nothing. In order to maximise what sales they are getting, they have eliminated between 40-60 percent of there staff depending on the store you work in and yet still expect the same results. You get higher managers that feel if you plan enough anyone can do the impossible. If it looks goo and plausible on paper then why not in realty is there thinking, unfortunately the 2 really are quite different. This has lead to high turn over and lots even from home office jumping ship every other week. The last while they have started what to most appear like the start of replacing managers with supervisors both at the stores and head office, so they can have someone doing the job at a lot less money. Add to the mix they push more sales online but return in store, so it looks to investors as though there internet is doing so much better then the stores.
Loved working here!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 29, 2015
As much fun as working here was, some members of the management team made it a not-so-enjoyable experiencing! Although i can say i have gained and amplitude of experience and i have made many memories that will last me a lifetime!!
Excellent Buisness
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: good management, bonuses
Cons: unreasonable customers, occasional system crashes
Staples has much more to offer than expected. The management is generally very considerate and constructive, and the employees are given fair treatment. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the products and how to sell them but after you learn the basics it becomes very enjoyable
Many locations - one heart.
Warranty Center Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2015
Having worked for Staples for about 11 years in many locations and job descriptions, I feel like they are family. I grew with this family, at first working in sales, then sales/technical, and finally a warranty depot. On of the difficulties with this job was the sheer volume of repairs at this fledgling depot, but I think all of us managed it well. The best thing of my experience here was learning about diagnostic procedures and brand specific training.
Lots of areas of work to gain valuable experience
Copy Center Associate (Former Employee), Front and ParliamentApril 21, 2015
Pros: Wide variety of fields to work in, friendly atmosphere
Cons: low pay rate
Staples, while a largely conservative company with conservative policies, fosters a good work environment. They have many areas of work that is not limited to the standard work in a regular retail environment. There are electronics sales departments, copy centre (including some design), furniture assembly and sales, warehouse, etc. They offer cross training so you can work multiple areas. The company is largely customer service focused. The people are friendly. While they used to higher above market, the pay isn't enough to support a family.
Enjoyable and great employee teamwork
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work. People are a lot of fun to be around. Not always busy so you do have time to breathe. Hours are great and flexible if you have important things to attend to.
Fun great place to work
Computer/Tablet Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
The relationships you build with coworkers are great and make for a job where I want to go to work. Staples has a great work environment and team setting and was a good choice for me as a high school student. Very professional and friendly management that will work with your schedule and availability.
Very fun place to work, just hard pay to live off.
TECHNOLOGY SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: The people you work with become family
Cons: Pay
The hardest part of this job was trying to make a living off the low pay you get as an associate, other then that it was a great job.
manager wasnt great
Tech Sales (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCMarch 30, 2015
manager wasnt great but the other employees were great same with the general manager, pay is not the greatest, but a pretty ok place to work for first job
Very productive, always learning new things
Sales Associate for Furniture and Technology (Former Employee), nairnMarch 29, 2015
Pros: employee discount, events, great work setting
Cons: have'nt found any
My review for staples: great place to work management was always there to help with issues, concerns I enjoyed working there for 4 years
The best job I've had
Reporting Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: management, job culture
Cons: salary
Working at Staples is a wonderful experience. The management truly cares about their employees. I learned so much through this experience that will hold me in good stead anywhere I go in life.
Productive work place with good customer service
Technology Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 15 % discount on products
Includes attending around 30 calls per day and directing to 2 nd level if required . 75 percent are solved in phone and rest in store.

Performing the visual inspection of desktop ,laptops and noting the condition of the devices

Creating the tickets and making sure the problem is resolved in 72 hours

Performing setups , installation , maintenance and repair
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Banking experience become very interesting and easy going when one work with Axis Bank. Though work stress is a lot but still one learn a lot from this bank.
It was a good working environment and a good experience.
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sometimes the work is boring
I only worked there for half a year but I felt like I worked there for longer. Great coworkers and supervisors. The work was not too hard and easy to learn. I liked helping customers who were in need.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more