Staples Employee Reviews

Making work fun, even in tough times.
Stocker/relocator (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS24 June 2017
Sometimes work isnt always fun, and ya sometimes have to incorperate fun into it. ive learned that its alwayts a bonus to help out someone who is having a rough time at work, or even while im working. the positive outcome of it always puts smiles on. negitivity is for outside of work. always have a positive attitude. Hardest part of a job would be different for everyone. i alway say there is never a stupid question, to learn ya must ask questions, & the most enjoyable part of work would be the social life & learning new skills and abilities.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
The fact that it was just temporary work.
Wasnt bad
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 June 2017
I found they really made us push the extended warrantee too much. And i was hired to work in the tech lab fixing computers but instead they had me selling products mainly.
Pros
Was easy work
Environnement dynamique
Conseiller en informatique, Technicien (Current Employee) –  Rosemère, QC21 June 2017
Je me suis engagé pour être technicien. Un mouvement de personnel était prévu pour mon poste mais il ne l'on pas fait. Donc je suis vendeur et conseiller et je veux aller de l'avant
Pros
Activité ou sorti d'equipe
Cons
La pression sur les ventes
Good workplace first a first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB20 June 2017
I was working in sales where I had to sell computer witch it was my first job and I didn't know a lot abut selling and computer a the time, and it made it very hard a lost interest
Good for a first job, terrible for long-term
COMPUTER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
On one hand, it's a good place to start and to begin developing skills in customer service and in other general labour tasks, as well as a good management team that is willing to listen (depending on location, of course), and naturally job security. That, however, is where the pros end. Hours can be cut without warning and it can be incredibly difficult, almost impossible, to make any progress up the corporate ladder, and throughout my almost three year employment I only made ten cents more than minimum wage.
Fun Place
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 June 2017
Its not bad place too work , but growth in the company is not really good.There is Job security in the company. Management is not bad. Salary is not good.
environnement de travail
Représentant Surface de Vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2017
environnement très compétitif vis a vis les ventes avec une excellente équipe
Not a bad company
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 June 2017
Quite structured; good training; too many levels of management. Reporting structure not as clear as could be especially when travelling to work in other stores.
Fun team, hard work.
COPY AND PRINT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
Copy Centre Representative is a tough gig, constantly on your feet with orders to complete. But the team was great and overall work atmosphere was pleasant.
Not Bad, Not Great
Sales Area Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 June 2017
The majority of the employees and managers are very nice however one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch and having one manager be very aggressive and disrespectful can make it very difficult to work there.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Questionable lower management
Fun Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 June 2017
Come in around 3:30 and start closing duties right right away because the store is a mess. The management isn't the best. The culture of the work place is very diverse.
Flat..Zero room for promotions
Category Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2017
At head office its a few managers who do little and lots of "specialists" who have been in the role for 10 plus years and do most of the actual work. High expectations, low salaries, terrible raises.
Pros
10% off
Cons
No advancement
Hard work but well trained
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ontario7 June 2017
Good place to work. Accomodating to students. Great place to develop sales and social skills. Work can be hard, but training is often better than most retailers offer.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Very busy, can be overwhelming to new hires
Secure but demanding
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Novato, CA6 June 2017
Once you get the job, as long as you don't do anything stupid, you can feel secure that you wont lose it but most of the part time employees (and some of the full time employees) lack motivation and will leave you to do the lions share of the work yourself. You need warm bodies to work the registers (so you can't fire them without causing yourself more work) and no one is clamoring to work there but upper management still want goals met. If you get the job expect to work hard.
fun workplace
Technology Associates (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2017
good place with a lot of good people.
managers are good and are true leaders.
these people are really working for the future of the company.
people are good in here
Cons
not so many
Questionable employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 June 2017
Friendly co workers, but if you do not quite fit in to the staples crowd dont expect to. I remember feeling alienated because I didnt have the same interests, or the same age as a lot of the other workers who had been there longer than me. I was not Happy when I found out I was being paid 9.99/hour. One cent short of minimum wage based on the staples fundamentals on how much you earn based on your job description AND hours worked. Never made sense to me
Enjoyable job
Copy Centre Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 May 2017
Good place to work but they don't pay well and especially not accordingly. The copy centre should be paid more then cashiers as it is a high paced and different kind of work then just a cashier. I do love the management at the store and my associates I work with!
Crummy shelf stocking
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON30 May 2017
This job is interesting if you're into memorizing multiple numbers and feeling like an accountAnt who stocks shelves. Not my idea of a permanent job!!
Productive and easy to get along with
Cuatomer service (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS30 May 2017
A typical day at work i would be hard working yet relaxed. Share best practices with others. I've learned alot over the years and continue to gain knowledge with each new experience.
Pros
Free lunches customer service recognition
Cons
Working long hours
receiving
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
Unloading pallets and inventory
organizing the floor for the day and night staff to do all of their jobs that they did through the day
follow safety procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.