Staples Employee Reviews

Very engaging, constant learning and improvement. Striving for success
Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON29 April 2017
I have certainly improved my customer service skills and advanced in retail sales as technology sales representative. Staples training program has proven itself to be very effective.
Pros
constant improvement and learning
Cons
high pressure
Best managers in store
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Elgin Mills, ON28 April 2017
I started my work in Staples Richmond Hill store this year in Feb. Although the workload is heavy as a store associate, I am so glad of working here and meet my managers and colleagues. Managers in this store are the best ever. My colleagues are very good too. Everyone is willing to help with each other. I feel I am working in a big family.
Good but...
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK28 April 2017
Good starter job for younger teenagers.
Working with technology every day, seeing new products and learning the features.
Pay is too low.
Schedules can be flexible
Pros
New technology
Cons
Pay
Good company
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2017
Staples is a good company to work for. I found them very accomodating with scheduling hours and taking time off. I've learned valuable skills from working here.
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2017
Great work environment, never had much to complain about, great training and learning capabilities throughout the company. Wages were comparable to the industry standard
Great atmosphere
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
I had an amazing time working at Staples, the environment and people made the job great. Always up on the latest technology and very competitive. A great company.
Average Workplace, no hours
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 April 2017
When I started here, I thought my main goal was to help customers. Turns out I needed to push ECP sales.

During the last few months we got a new manager who started pushing sales way more than necessary, especially because the store's traffic is very slow. My co-workers were okay for the most part (except when one of my colleagues sexually harassed my fiance; he got fired).

I left because I'm moving, although I think my skill set can provide me with much better jobs.

At the end I was getting 5 hours for 2 weeks, so I wouldn't really like to work for Staples in the future.
Pros
Nice Colleagues, nice customers
Cons
overall job goal (hard sales), management, hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 April 2017
- Learned how to deal with customers
- How to count money and cash people out
-Learned how to stock shelves and place orders
-Great people to work with
Nice People, Hours are unreliable
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON17 April 2017
The managers are very nice and they are really understanding of time conflicts and things like that, but in my experience you could see as little as 4 hours a week for part timers even if you are doing a good job.
Pros
Nice managers, Great with accomodations
Cons
unreliable hours for part timers
Great Place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS13 April 2017
A typical day at my work is always keeping busy,not wasting Employers time.I have learned to use computers,operate machinery.I get along with Management and co-workers,I do not find anything hard about my job because I believe if you like what your doig,it;s not hard to learn new task.

The most enjoyable part of my job is how Management appreciates my hardwork,and compliments from them.
good company
Cashier/ Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ottawa canada11 April 2017
great sales environment for self motivated individuals that are attempting to provide a little extra income. Managers and employees alike enjoy working for hickory farms
Good Retail Job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 April 2017
Very friendly and comfortable place to work.
Learn organization, customer service, public, problem solving and communication skills. Very nice place to work, excellent management and staff.
productive and safe workplace.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC30 March 2017
An enjoyable workplace with great managers and coworkers. long shifts go by quickly due to the fact that you'll always be occupied. constantly around others, so that's a plus; you don't feel bored or isolated.
Pros
Proper management
lovely workplace
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 March 2017
made lasting friendships because of this job and met a lot of different people because of my position. Learned a lot about editing which is helpful for my field of study.
I loved it!
Stock Clerk and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 March 2017
I really loved working at Staples. I did my high school co-cop placement there and so did my friend. It was really good! The people are really nice, and the management at the time gave us free supplies because she liked us so much.
Pros
Free supplies
Staples Canada
Copy and Print Associate,Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 March 2017
Staples in Surrey is a great experience that has opened me to a wide and diverse range of customers and has helped me grow my interpersonal skills greatly. Management is kind and will genuinely put forward their best effort to help the employees or customer.
Pros
Free Coffee and the occasional lunch
Cons
Mostly University workers so there is a large application pool
Great Team
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
We had a really great team at Staples from the cashiers to the management to the computer Consultants to the aisle staff we were just great I think we felt like we were really accomplishing something as a team and me working there for those 5 years I made the best friends that I've ever met in any of my jobs.
Pros
Team work...hrs of work
Cons
Not evough money...no advancement for cashiers
Management skills is not good enough
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
Leads selling in the technology and furniture departments and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the departments in order to achieve current goals and targets.
Provides assistance to associates in the department through training and coaching with regular follow up.
Partners with direct supervisor (or management) to achieve short and long term goals for the technology and furniture departments.
Great Starting Place to work
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 March 2017
I have learned how to use the cash system at Staples I like cashing out people's items because it is easy to do. I am still learning where all the items are located in the store but I am getting more confident where things belong. It is a great place to work.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 March 2017
Friendly staff, could work on training the accosiates better. Good first job for someone in school. Not enough hours for everyone. Too much staff working there.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Disorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval