Staples Employee Reviews

Great Brand; Trying to stay relevant in todays market.
Technology Sales & Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 October 2017
Staples provided me with a great place to begin my work career in Canada, the people that work there is essentially what makes the place so fantastic to work.
Management is amazing, they are always there when needed. Everyone has a sense of camaraderie.

At the end of the day, it is still a retail chain, and it boils down tot he customers you meet. You have days where you have customers who can make your day or break it.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Minimum Wage
had fun there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB11 October 2017
I worked with great people and felt i could advance there my voice was heard with the company a downside was telling the workers about the daily quota it was a small buzz kill
Belle entreprise
Chef caissière et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Quebec, QC5 October 2017
Belle entreprise nous permettant de bien vivre notre vie familliale avec de jeune.
Pros
Conciliation travail - famille
Cons
Salaire
Fast-paced hands on job
Copy & Print Centre Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
It was really enjoyable to work in an environment where you would be creating projects for the client and seeing the finished works come to fruitition.
Cons
High turn-over, hard to keep people.
Very structured environment. Goal oriented
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2017
Learned to manage ongoing changes during the day. Taking new direction from several managers at once, always coaching associates. Measuring service levels and adjusting personal to fill in ques.
Spend most of the time in meeting discussing plans, had an opportunity to work with members from different locations as a group.
fun and productive work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 September 2017
Every shift i would go to the warehouse and look for a skid that i could work on. I really appreciated the management and how caring they were due to any problems that occurred, I learned a lot from working here!
Great work environment and learning possibilities are endless.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Management was very understanding to each employees needs, work schedules were reasonable and fair to each of the staff. The workplace environment was friendly and always had an energetic vibe.
Pros
When targets are always achieved, management would treat the staff with pizza.
Cons
N/a
souhaitable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC22 September 2017
Souhaitable , surtout si nous nous effectuons notre entrée dans le marche du travail. une belle experience pour notre c.v étant jeune
na
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
Very organized entity with strong support for staff and management. Warehouse are unionized so it is critical to be alert when dealing with staff. Long term plan in view with flexibility to adapt to quick market changes.
Amazing corporate culture
Project Coordinator, Business Development Program (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2017
I absolutely love working at Staples. They have an amazing corporate culture.They also provide some of the best training in the industry and make sure their employees are ready to tackle any issues
Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS17 September 2017
This is a great environment to work, and you are continuously trained to keep up with new developments/policies in the workplace.
All the people are great to work with, and the culture is to give the best customer service through interaction and understanding the customer's needs.
The only drawback is that the hours are only part time, and getting full time positions can be done, but you may have to move to another location where there is an opening. I had the opportunity to move to a full time position, but could not move with my child in a critical stage of his education.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive & fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 September 2017
A typical day at work tends to be pretty long as I work 9 hour shifts but the time goes by fast. The employees are a lot of fun to work with and we enjoy our time there. The hardest part of the job is being under staffed in the evenings and having it struggle.
Pros
Great employees
Fun and Engaging Job in Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 September 2017
Staples Canada has provided me with a fun and engaging job in the Customer Service sector. Coworkers at my store have felt more like family for years now. Management has always been very kind and accommodating, and I have always been comfortable with talking with them about an issues or concerns.
My very first job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Canada11 September 2017
- I was a customer service clerk
- mostly worked at cash
- handles returns and entered returned items into the systems using the invoices issued
- learned how to deal with upset customers and provide them with the most satisfactory service
Polycies and Procedures
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 September 2017
Call Center Cubicle maze. Expected to meet preset targets of calls received and queries resolved. On slower phone times moved to a different call queue to answer unfamiliar questions. Good motivational events and incentives, weekly meetings with management to listen and also be heard.
High pressure company with great employees
Strategic Brand Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 September 2017
Working on the promotional product side of the business the job is high pressure as we are constantly required to meet deadlines/event dates for our client. The job pressure can be extremely demanding.
Great Place to work
Order Entry/Rewards Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 September 2017
Excellent support from team, multiple job advancement opportunities. Work was good, easy in some departments and difficult in others. Great training routine.
Productive and fun workplace
Print and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2017
Management takes responsibility and care of their employees and takes time to listen to suggestions. On a regular basis, the management and other workers create an environment that is productive, fresh, and encouraging.
High employee turnover put a huge strain on long term employess.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 September 2017
I enjoyed the freedom the company gave me in developing my team. Unfortunately they do not reward achievements no matter how much improvement you make.
The management group, while giving you the freedom to do what you think is needed, have the carrot reward system. They tell you you are going to get big rewards, especially in salary, bu then never come through.
I loved it there but the broken promises made me decide to leave.
Pros
Freedom to do what's necessary
Cons
Never come through on their promises.
Résumé de mon expérience au Staples
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC30 August 2017
Bonjour!

Une journée typique au Bureau en Gros commence par la ''présentation'', donc de saluer tous les employés, les directeurs etc. Apres avoir ''puncher'', je compte ma caisse et je vérifie si tout est normal pour finalement ouvrir ma caisse. Lorsque tout ça est fait, je sers les clients, tout en restant polie et souriante. Je socialise avec eux pour qu'ils puissent se souvenir du service qu'ils ont reçu et qu'ils reviennent éventuellement.

J'ai appris au Bureau en Gros est que la communication et le travail d'équipe sont des valeurs importantes dans le service a la clientèle. J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler dans cette succursale.

La communication avec les 5 directeurs était plus facile avec certains d'entre eux, mais avec d'autres, elle était nulle.

Le lieu de travail était super, propre et assez espacé. Les employés étaient sociables et gentils, nous étions ''unis''.

L'aspect ''difficile'' etait selon moi, le coté plus consommateur de cette succusale. Je me sentais comme un numéro et non comme une personne. C'est pour cela que je me penche plus vers les restaurants et les boutiques locales. Mes valeurs se rapprochent plus a celles-ci.

L'aspect positif etait vraiment le cote du service a la clientele. J'adore communiquer avec les gens et la majorité des clients etait tres heureux.
Pros
Horaire flexibles, comprehensifs
Cons
se sentir comme un numero

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.