Staples Employee Reviews

alot of events and on boarding parties, fun and creative enviroment
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 January 2017
They were bought out and were merged together which caused a lot of change and turn over because of it. my team was in change of the profiles to the new profiles and platforms. and work with merchandising dept, creative department, and salesperson for each account. and keep them on track with deadlines and new launches for new business. added prices to items on the system and changed prices for sales items. and added text and french text to the web page. always on time
Pros
free promotional items
Cons
Great work place with great benefits and people.
Computer Sales (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 December 2016
Staples was a great job. It allowed me to utilize the skills I already had to help others. Customer service is a field in which I enjoy working. I learned how to deal with customers who were upset and how to rectify said issue.

The technology department taught me a lot on the latest products, which in turn would allow me to assist customers with any questions they may have. The repair depot also taught me how to work through problems with pc hardware and software. A skill that will forever be useful.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
At Staples I learnt how to work effectively in a team environment and how to talk to interact with customers professionally and respectfully. Manager are there to assist you with any concerns pertaining to your job and career path. Also, I get to work as a Chat Agent, ECommerce Representative and Customer Service. So I learnt to how to communicate with customers through different methods.
Pros
flexible hours
Busy and enjoyable place to work
Level 2 Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2016
At Staples I learned a lot about management and team work. I also learned how to effectively communicate with the customers and other departments.

This is a good place to work if you want to gain valuable customer service experience and also transferable skills if you are looking for another job.
Pros
Valuable customer service experience
Cons
Hourly pay rate is not the greatest
Great but pays poorly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Area1 December 2016
Love the job and totally dedicated to it. Management is engaged, friendly and understanding. It can get very busy though so you can easily find your self running around like madman. Most of the time it is a team environment but often some associates slack off or take the lazy route which causes more work for everyone else. One of the biggest issues for me is the terrible computer systems that impead your abilities to help customers efficiently. Overall though I would say that Staples is a great place to work if you can get past the low pay and no overtime.
Pros
Almost all the staff are amazing, friendly work environment, working indoors, flexible hours, helping customers.
Cons
Pay, Little chance to move up the ladder, computer systems, education.
Great management from the top down
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 November 2016
Staples fulfillment center in Winnipeg is honestly the best job I have had in my life. The management is smart, they know that a well treated employee will produce much more than if they were ruled with an iron fist.
Having said that, it is very important that a company hire people with a positive attitude, as to not poison the crew with negativity. This branch has done just that, and I have never had the privilege of working with such a great bunch.
I hope for many more years at this location :)

Happy job hunting everybody, and don't settle for just anything if you can, it may be the best move you ever made.
Pros
Great management, Genuine team spirit, Free coffee (Keuig), New building, Mint condition machines
Cons
Its not in an area serviced by public transit
Great Place to Work!
Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2016
Staples Business Depot provides its employees with exceptional training and a healthy work environment. They are a business that puts a lot of money into training their associates to not only become greats sellers and helpful employees, but also to become better individuals outside of work.
This job provides its employees with the opportunity to gain knowledge on technology and current business strategies. It also provides employees with additional workshops that can be attended to better ones knowledge on particular products and technology.
Great work culture, teamwork, recognition
Ecommerce Merchandising Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 November 2016
A typical day will involve working with people from various departments on a diverse number of projects. I learned from every aspects of the role, from co-workers and managers. Everyone works as a team and is willing to help with anything.
Pros
Company culture, great people
Cons
Job advancement
Good experience
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON missusaga22 December 2016
Good experience in my life friendly atmosphere best managedment.i work hard there regularly and did not make a sick call even one day in my three year job.iam fully comfortable at workplace whole three years .some time my G.M give me rewards to me for my good job and I fully enjoy my benefits all other benifits some times bonus
Dead end
Resident Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 January 2017
Little to no opportunity for advancement, unlicensed technicians, basically this is nothing but a job for high school kids, hopefully only for those with enough good sense to get out before the terrible work environment claims another manager and they actually do, on those rare opportunities, go looking for new blood.
Computer Assistant
Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmount, QC17 October 2016
I worked at Staples Canada in Westmont QC in September 2008 until December 2009 as a Computer Assistant. My job is to guide the customers for the electronic items they wanted to buy and promote the additional insurance in order to improve the customer satisfaction towards their products.
Pros
Rebate for buying the products in store
Cons
Supportive and high energy workplace
Technology Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 September 2016
I enjoy working for Staples. My management team is extremely supportive and encourages employees to grow every day. I strived to to take on a leadership role and the management team coached me into the role of Technology Consultant. I am pleased to say that with their help I learned to be a stronger leader than ever before. I enjoy communicating with customers and ensuring they leave the store with a total solution. The hardest part of the job is handling unhappy and impatient customers who can sometimes direct their anger towards you as the associate. I have learned to avoid taking it as a personal attack and try to provide the best service possible.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Unhappy customers
Excellent Workplace
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 September 2016
My experience with Staples was phenomenal, the staff are great, management even better, could not have asked for a better job. Training was by far the best i have experienced, really goes in depth with training and very thorough. There is absolutely nothing bad to say about the company and people i have worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i was promoted to Technology, really enjoyed making sales, the customer interactions, and learning the knowledge of the products and becoming more aware of the knew products coming out. Made you really stay at the top of your game. However it was time for me to move on after the years in order to progress in my career that will offer more.
Pros
Fun Workplace
Cons
Not the best pay
Good people, Approachable management, fun events, and lots of learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 November 2016
Staples was a good place to work,. We had CS rep relationship events twice a year for a week. We did monthly events by an engagement team, of which I was personally involved to give reps, and management competitions, food contests, etc. Management was Always very good to deal with. They were Always approachable, patient, helpful. with a smile.
A typical day at work would be answering inbound calls, taking orders, payments, doing resolution for customer issues.
My coworkers, were open, and helpful, and fantastic. We were a very diverse company, so along with the job, we learned so much from one another.
I can't really define a hard part of the job. I really did not find it difficult.
But the best part was getting up and going to work everyday.
Pros
Special fun events, great benefits, and RRSP & Stock plans
Cons
could be abit repititous at times
Okay Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
Electronic and stationary retail store. Expect work and customers to go with these.

The position will teach you a lot about electronic devices.

Hours are erratic at times. Started off good (20+ week) and ended up going down to 5 a week.
Pros
Good First Job
Cons
Pay increase and position advancement are unlikely
Overall review
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 December 2016
Overall the staff is great, the management is ok. I was fired with a week left in my 3 month because from what I believe is that they didn't want to pay for my benefits.I did really enjoy working in the position I was in. If I was was asked to come back to work in the position I was in I would......
Staples is a standard retail job, so its up to you to make it fun and worthwhile
Technology sales and services associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 November 2016
A typical day would to do a morning checklist, consisting of security of product on the floor. During this time I would also take the time to take a look around my department and identify problem areas, stock is low or missing, product not properly secured with security wraps etc..

I learned a great deal while working at staples, the biggest of which is being able to keep your calm while under pressure. This is one of many skills that working retail can give you. fast consistent decision making, customer first mentality, working with others to complete a single task. dividing up work based on co-workers strengths and weaknesses.

At my location it was the coworkers that made working their fun and worthwhile, coming into work knowing that no matter how bad of a day it could be, that there is someone there to help is what makes retail worth it
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 November 2016
Stock the shelves. Place received merchandise on the floor.
Using scanners to know how much product we have of a certain item.
Learned about Staples Canada, on what they carry and the different services they offer. Learned about technology and office furniture.
Pros
Paid breaks
Bureau en gros
Directrice divisionnaire des ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC1 November 2016
Overall great experience. Good benefits and a good balance with family and work. Lots of "employee day". Back to school was really busy but fun. Working weekends and nights were hard once I had my kids.
Pros
benefits, good balance, lots of team work
Cons
working nights and weekends
Always a target to achieve, and freedom of expression at all levels.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2016
Its Been great working with staples so far. Great benefits and great team. The only concern is very low chances of growing within the company. The culture of putting customers first at all times is a great value at staples. They are strong in customer service.