Staples
3,178 reviews

Staples Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Staples
Sales Support and Merchandise supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Not bad pay for retail, nice benefits
Cons: unreal expectation, over worked
This was a great company but unfortunately they are now fish out of water. Another words they are a company that has flat lined with sales a while ago and as a result have no idea anymore what they stand for, where they are going or what they really want to market as "there business." Every other week they try new product that for the most part ends up sitting there till it clearances it out for almost nothing. In order to maximise what sales they are getting, they have eliminated between 40-60 percent of there staff depending on the store you work in and yet still expect the same results. You get higher managers that feel if you plan enough anyone can do the impossible. If it looks goo and plausible on paper then why not in realty is there thinking, unfortunately the 2 really are quite different. This has lead to high turn over and lots even from home office jumping ship every other week. The last while they have started what to most appear like the start of replacing managers with supervisors both at the stores and head office, so they can have someone doing the job at a lot less money. Add to the mix they push more sales online but return in store, so it looks to investors as though there internet is doing so much better then the stores.
Loved working here!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 29, 2015
As much fun as working here was, some members of the management team made it a not-so-enjoyable experiencing! Although i can say i have gained and amplitude of experience and i have made many memories that will last me a lifetime!!
Excellent Buisness
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 26, 2015
Pros: good management, bonuses
Cons: unreasonable customers, occasional system crashes
Staples has much more to offer than expected. The management is generally very considerate and constructive, and the employees are given fair treatment. The hardest part of the job is getting to know the products and how to sell them but after you learn the basics it becomes very enjoyable
Many locations - one heart.
Warranty Center Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2015
Having worked for Staples for about 11 years in many locations and job descriptions, I feel like they are family. I grew with this family, at first working in sales, then sales/technical, and finally a warranty depot. On of the difficulties with this job was the sheer volume of repairs at this fledgling depot, but I think all of us managed it well. The best thing of my experience here was learning about diagnostic procedures and brand specific training.
Lots of areas of work to gain valuable experience
Copy Center Associate (Former Employee), Front and ParliamentApril 21, 2015
Pros: Wide variety of fields to work in, friendly atmosphere
Cons: low pay rate
Staples, while a largely conservative company with conservative policies, fosters a good work environment. They have many areas of work that is not limited to the standard work in a regular retail environment. There are electronics sales departments, copy centre (including some design), furniture assembly and sales, warehouse, etc. They offer cross training so you can work multiple areas. The company is largely customer service focused. The people are friendly. While they used to higher above market, the pay isn't enough to support a family.
Enjoyable and great employee teamwork
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 17, 2015
Great place to work. People are a lot of fun to be around. Not always busy so you do have time to breathe. Hours are great and flexible if you have important things to attend to.
Fun great place to work
Computer/Tablet Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
The relationships you build with coworkers are great and make for a job where I want to go to work. Staples has a great work environment and team setting and was a good choice for me as a high school student. Very professional and friendly management that will work with your schedule and availability.
Very fun place to work, just hard pay to live off.
TECHNOLOGY SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: The people you work with become family
Cons: Pay
The hardest part of this job was trying to make a living off the low pay you get as an associate, other then that it was a great job.
manager wasnt great
Tech Sales (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCMarch 30, 2015
manager wasnt great but the other employees were great same with the general manager, pay is not the greatest, but a pretty ok place to work for first job
Very productive, always learning new things
Sales Associate for Furniture and Technology (Former Employee), nairnMarch 29, 2015
Pros: employee discount, events, great work setting
Cons: have'nt found any
My review for staples: great place to work management was always there to help with issues, concerns I enjoyed working there for 4 years
The best job I've had
Reporting Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: management, job culture
Cons: salary
Working at Staples is a wonderful experience. The management truly cares about their employees. I learned so much through this experience that will hold me in good stead anywhere I go in life.
Productive work place with good customer service
Technology Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 15 % discount on products
Includes attending around 30 calls per day and directing to 2 nd level if required . 75 percent are solved in phone and rest in store.

Performing the visual inspection of desktop ,laptops and noting the condition of the devices

Creating the tickets and making sure the problem is resolved in 72 hours

Performing setups , installation , maintenance and repair
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Banking experience become very interesting and easy going when one work with Axis Bank. Though work stress is a lot but still one learn a lot from this bank.
It was a good working environment and a good experience.
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sometimes the work is boring
I only worked there for half a year but I felt like I worked there for longer. Great coworkers and supervisors. The work was not too hard and easy to learn. I liked helping customers who were in need.
Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
I learned a lot from this job
Great team
Management is encouraging of associates moving higher up within the company
Constantly new products to learn about
Great customer service motto
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: stable hours
Cons: lack of advancement opportunites
Work with a team of professionals who receive and deal

with all fraud issues for staples as well as the credit

issues. Support customers in opening new accounts.

• Quickly and effectively Multi-Tasking customer service

issues such as returns, credits and replacement orders.

• Offer a high level of customer satisfaction when assisting

customers with account issues and taking inbound

phone calls from customers who have orders that have

been put on hold due to credit related issues.
Very nice and respectful supervisors
Delivery Driver / Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2015
Start my morning with regular paper work, as pre-trip for vehicle.
Check stops per day and place I suppose to deliver products to our costumers.
I've learnt to be on time to start my day. and I learnt how to train new employee, also learnt about the delivery procedures.
My co-workers are the best, they're fun, outgoing personality, supportive, respectful and we keep in touch.
There is not a hard part about the job, but when I started the job it was a bit hard on me because it was new thing for me to learn it with a short time, but I am proud of myself to do it on my own within 3 months period, without anyone training me.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the job itself.
Difficult work / home life
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 5, 2015
Typical Day started at 7 am and ended at 6 ( on a good day)
Learned that people turn on you quickly and due to the number of managers it was hard to get everyone on the same page.

Hardest part of my job was the work / home balance. It really takes a toll on you.

I did enjoy the fast pace atmosphere and the ability to keep teaching yourself different programs and management styles.
It was great
Aisle's Assoicate (Former Employee), Whitby OntarioMarch 2, 2015
I loved working there. The other staff was always friendly
the systems and routines were easily to learn but there was always a new challenge when you got into work with customers concerns or needs.
fun , excited
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 27, 2015
busy, nice people, well management, team work., keep learning new products. Mufti tasking. Handle tough situation. Communication, Support.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more