Staples Employee Reviews

Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 April 2017
- Learned how to deal with customers
- How to count money and cash people out
-Learned how to stock shelves and place orders
-Great people to work with
Nice People, Hours are unreliable
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON17 April 2017
The managers are very nice and they are really understanding of time conflicts and things like that, but in my experience you could see as little as 4 hours a week for part timers even if you are doing a good job.
Pros
Nice managers, Great with accomodations
Cons
unreliable hours for part timers
Great Place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS13 April 2017
A typical day at my work is always keeping busy,not wasting Employers time.I have learned to use computers,operate machinery.I get along with Management and co-workers,I do not find anything hard about my job because I believe if you like what your doig,it;s not hard to learn new task.

The most enjoyable part of my job is how Management appreciates my hardwork,and compliments from them.
good company
Cashier/ Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ottawa canada11 April 2017
great sales environment for self motivated individuals that are attempting to provide a little extra income. Managers and employees alike enjoy working for hickory farms
Good Retail Job
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC1 April 2017
Very friendly and comfortable place to work.
Learn organization, customer service, public, problem solving and communication skills. Very nice place to work, excellent management and staff.
productive and safe workplace.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC30 March 2017
An enjoyable workplace with great managers and coworkers. long shifts go by quickly due to the fact that you'll always be occupied. constantly around others, so that's a plus; you don't feel bored or isolated.
Pros
Proper management
lovely workplace
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 March 2017
made lasting friendships because of this job and met a lot of different people because of my position. Learned a lot about editing which is helpful for my field of study.
I loved it!
Stock Clerk and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 March 2017
I really loved working at Staples. I did my high school co-cop placement there and so did my friend. It was really good! The people are really nice, and the management at the time gave us free supplies because she liked us so much.
Pros
Free supplies
Staples Canada
Copy and Print Associate,Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 March 2017
Staples in Surrey is a great experience that has opened me to a wide and diverse range of customers and has helped me grow my interpersonal skills greatly. Management is kind and will genuinely put forward their best effort to help the employees or customer.
Pros
Free Coffee and the occasional lunch
Cons
Mostly University workers so there is a large application pool
Great Team
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
We had a really great team at Staples from the cashiers to the management to the computer Consultants to the aisle staff we were just great I think we felt like we were really accomplishing something as a team and me working there for those 5 years I made the best friends that I've ever met in any of my jobs.
Pros
Team work...hrs of work
Cons
Not evough money...no advancement for cashiers
Management skills is not good enough
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
Leads selling in the technology and furniture departments and cultivates a selling culture with associates working in the departments in order to achieve current goals and targets.
Provides assistance to associates in the department through training and coaching with regular follow up.
Partners with direct supervisor (or management) to achieve short and long term goals for the technology and furniture departments.
Great Starting Place to work
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 March 2017
I have learned how to use the cash system at Staples I like cashing out people's items because it is easy to do. I am still learning where all the items are located in the store but I am getting more confident where things belong. It is a great place to work.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 March 2017
Friendly staff, could work on training the accosiates better. Good first job for someone in school. Not enough hours for everyone. Too much staff working there.
Pros
Friendly place
Cons
Disorganized
very stressful depending on who is your manager
Quill sales rep (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS22 March 2017
worked here for 9 months. was constantly verbally abused by my manager. favortism runs rampant here. they didnt pay me for my last pay. Filed a complaint with the nova scotia labour board
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management would rather insult you than encourage you.
Fun and friendly workplace
Aisle/Furniture Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 March 2017
Staples was a great experience and provided supportive working conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to contribute to the order, cleanliness and aesthetics of the store. Management was friendly and cared about the well-being of employees.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Good benefits, employee treatment mediocre
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
The job position is very reliable with good hours and a moderate amount of training provided to work the job smoothly. The management places work load unevenly between employees and favourites are a common occurrence with disregard to employee performance.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
Unfair workload distribution
No recognition for work done, no chances for advancement.
Associer de vente (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 March 2017
Working at Bureau en Gros in the Plateau is like being part of a family, one where you're never appreciated for the work you do, one where at any time if you happen to fall ill or need a week off you will loose your hours and will have to live off the minimum wage with 8hrs a week, one where there's always that one supervisor who's always bad mouthing every employee for every small reason. In short "a family you might never want to spend time with". Harsh words I know but I've seen them take away peoples livelihood at the drop of a hat with those precious words, everyone is replaceable.
I do not wish to be associated with this company anymore.
Pros
plenty of time off
Cons
plenty of time off
Great community, Great leadership
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON13 March 2017
Such an excellent company to work for. The community was welcoming and supportive. Constructive feedback was given regularly. I would highly recommend working at Staples given the opportunity.
Pros
Flexible hours, Friendly management, competitive wages
I always wanted to work there
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2017
I found that the company did not care enough for the people that work there. Associated went years without a review or wage increase. I also found it was disorganized around back to school time.
Chat Consumer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia8 March 2017
Some of the managers were really nice and some where down right mean. Generally speaking it was a good place to work, but you have to have a very strong skin to work on the phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.