Staples Employee Reviews

very poor management
Electronics sales (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 May 2017
The managers were bullies and did not care for the employees. they use to treat us like dirt and did not stay truthful to there words when it came to offering employees time off. I have been told that numerous people have quit and left for a better work life.
Easy going workplace
Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 May 2017
This is a good job for a high school student. I was once very anti social but because of the nature of this job and having to constantly be talking to customers it made me come out of my shell.
Pros
easy going job
Cons
angry customers.
understanding work environment with lots of great energy
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 May 2017
over all staples has a lot of energy from its employees, the managers are understanding of students and will try to work with their schedules. Great job for anyone needing to build costumer service experience or as a first job in general.
Excellent company
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia10 May 2017
Excellent company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities. Workplace culture is great. Great work/life balance. Friendly staff and associates are excellent.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate/Tech Department (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 May 2017
Employee discount isn't too good. however its a good environment to work and offers a good experience of work. Overall okay place to work, wouldn't recommend it.
productive workplace
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 May 2017
Staples is a team work based company. Everyone helps each other out, you learn great costumer service skills, and you really feel like your a part of the team when working there.
Loved it
Computer Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON6 May 2017
Really great company to work for, great management, always supportive of future goals, whether it's with the company or elsewhere. Able to work in all departments
Pros
great work gatherings
I really enjoy working at Staples 169
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC6 May 2017
I am fortunate that I work at one of the best stores in the district with management that expects nothing less than the best to keep the store on top. This isn't the same for all stores, unfortunately, but for the ones that bring their A game constantly, from the managers on down to the part-time people, it is a great place to be. I am proud of the store I work for, and that is not a complement lightly given 😊
Fun and Productive workplace
Copy and Print Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2017
The work environment is pleasant and exciting. Training for different parts of the job were very well done and management is experienced and supportive!
its alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 May 2017
The management has made the work experience there unenjoyable and has gone done hill since the store manager took over and there are currently people looking for new employment cause of it
Cool Atmosphere and Friendly People
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 May 2017
From day one everyone has been so great to work with, and things are dealt with in a professional matter, I've learned how to manage timelines and organize my work day based on them.
Very engaging, constant learning and improvement. Striving for success
Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON29 April 2017
I have certainly improved my customer service skills and advanced in retail sales as technology sales representative. Staples training program has proven itself to be very effective.
Pros
constant improvement and learning
Cons
high pressure
Best managers in store
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Elgin Mills, ON28 April 2017
I started my work in Staples Richmond Hill store this year in Feb. Although the workload is heavy as a store associate, I am so glad of working here and meet my managers and colleagues. Managers in this store are the best ever. My colleagues are very good too. Everyone is willing to help with each other. I feel I am working in a big family.
Good but...
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK28 April 2017
Good starter job for younger teenagers.
Working with technology every day, seeing new products and learning the features.
Pay is too low.
Schedules can be flexible
Pros
New technology
Cons
Pay
Good company
Copy and Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2017
Staples is a good company to work for. I found them very accomodating with scheduling hours and taking time off. I've learned valuable skills from working here.
Excellent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 April 2017
Great work environment, never had much to complain about, great training and learning capabilities throughout the company. Wages were comparable to the industry standard
Great atmosphere
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2017
I had an amazing time working at Staples, the environment and people made the job great. Always up on the latest technology and very competitive. A great company.
Average Workplace, no hours
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON23 April 2017
When I started here, I thought my main goal was to help customers. Turns out I needed to push ECP sales.

During the last few months we got a new manager who started pushing sales way more than necessary, especially because the store's traffic is very slow. My co-workers were okay for the most part (except when one of my colleagues sexually harassed my fiance; he got fired).

I left because I'm moving, although I think my skill set can provide me with much better jobs.

At the end I was getting 5 hours for 2 weeks, so I wouldn't really like to work for Staples in the future.
Pros
Nice Colleagues, nice customers
Cons
overall job goal (hard sales), management, hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON21 April 2017
- Learned how to deal with customers
- How to count money and cash people out
-Learned how to stock shelves and place orders
-Great people to work with
Nice People, Hours are unreliable
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON17 April 2017
The managers are very nice and they are really understanding of time conflicts and things like that, but in my experience you could see as little as 4 hours a week for part timers even if you are doing a good job.
Pros
Nice managers, Great with accomodations
Cons
unreliable hours for part timers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.