Staples Employee Reviews

Excellent place to start as a newcomer
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
The time I worked hete was owesome, they gave me a chance to learn and develope my talents. I was very happy working with them.
Specially store 026 Toronto, is the best.
Staples Contact Centre was a great place to work.
HR specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 February 2017
Managers and associates were well trained and for the first 10 years I found the culture was very exciting. Associates were well versed on the culture, the company goals and understood clearly where Staples wanted to be as a company. Salary and benefits were good, and all associates felt valued. Over the last few years Staple's goal was to be number one in office products and furniture and had a mandate to take over its biggest competitors. During this time it was obvious this was their focus and the culture was changing. Unfortunately Staples were not successful in buying out their competitors and for the first time in my career there I felt uncertain of how we would recover and that job security was at risk.

I had very supportive managers and business partners who were willing to discuss and share what they needed from me. They also had no problem letting me know when they needed me to step up and help them work through associate issues. Also no matter how complicated or demanding the work was we could always share a good laugh.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent training, good salary, treated associates fairly, Associates felt respected, and a big part of the success.
I had a pleasant experience working for this company.
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
The management team made their expectations clear, and gave more than enough time and resources to execute any job in a reasonable and safe manner.
Pros
Reliable scheduling
Cons
Exclusively at night
Great Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
flexible work environment
i learned how to deal with "difficult"customers
great management
Great Co workers
it was fast paste
great company for start
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC9 February 2017
it is really great company for entry level employee
you can learn a lot in the company by the mature training program
you can learn much and contribute so much
you can build you career from this platform that staple offered
Good management and good team
COPY ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON7 February 2017
I had worked there for 6 years and it has great company working atmosphere. I love working with customers and solving customers problems.
Pros
Retail hours
Cons
Retail hours
Inviting work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2017
Being a sales associate at staples, your day would consist of, reviewing your previous sales results, making a goal of the present day sales, assist customers and constantly up-sell. Staples teaches you how to be confident and natural with customers, to be able to get to the point and show them what their looking for in little time.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Not very organized
An enjoyful place for anyone to work!
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Rothesay, NB4 February 2017
I absolutely love my job, and am so glad to have had it as my first job! It has given me skills that I will forever use and apply to my everyday life.
Pros
Great Customer Service Experience
Cons
Sometimes can be hard to manage different tasks at once
fun place
Customer service in the tech department (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 February 2017
had fun at staples happy to talk to customers but had to leave when I started school, people were fun and always had a story to tell
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
I really really enjoy working with all the other employee's, the work place was good, managers were very understanding and hours were really amazing. Staples is probably the best work place I have ever worked in so far. I learned that patients is key and to never let a customer talk you out of something you said to get something better.
Pros
Good Employees
great company
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2017
very laid back well organized operation. people are kind and management is reasonable. most days are busy but slow days part timers are sent home
Good Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 January 2017
This was my first job, and for a first job it was a great company to work with and very helpful towards me and my learning of the occupation that I was given (seasonal sales associate).
loved working there
Aisles Associate(Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2017
i just want to say i loved working there as my work practicum. i would love to be part of staples.
the team i worked with was wonderful. it was sad my work practicum was over so soon.
Wonderful
Cashier/ Furniture/Aisles (Former Employee) –  4122 Calgary Trail27 January 2017
My time at staples was extremely enjoyable. The staff was wonderful and the management was exceptional. I learned lots about customer service from that place and made a lasting friend or two.
Fantastic Company
Copy, Cash and Aisles Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Benefits for everyone, stay for ten years and your pension is paid, breaks are regulated, company gifts for landmarks in time spent working for company, eco-friendly. Working at Staples was like having a second family. They care about you so much there.
its an alright place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC26 January 2017
The job is ok but there is alot of in job drama, rules are constantly changing, management doesnt seem to ever be on the same page, hours fluctuate , training is bare minimum theres alot of favoritism and the schedules are constantly changing hours are always cut back and all in all unless your on the floor doing sales or are full time your the lowest on the totem pole, worked here for a little while and I left because all in all theres to much drama in this store, bullying, and everyone is in everyones business. You arent given the hours your promised, and hour cut backs are always taking place constantly, it becomes frustrating
Pros
friendly customers and clean work place
Cons
improper training, managers yell at their employees when mistakes are made
Fun place to grow and advance.
Service Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Good place to grow and advance, as they give a lot of training courses. Great team and good environment. Lot of opportunity to move up. Pay is not top dollar but worth the experience.
A job where you can excel with either technical or retail qualifications
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2017
I learned the ins and outs of salesmanship at Staples. The manager's are kind and understanding and respect their subordinates. They are compassionate but fair (after all, it is still a business).
Okay Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
Electronic and stationary retail store. Expect work and customers to go with these.

The position will teach you a lot about electronic devices.

Hours are erratic at times. Started off good (20+ week) and ended up going down to 5 a week.
Pros
Good First Job
Cons
Pay increase and position advancement are unlikely
Professional Quality Company
Sales, Cashier, Copy and Print Centre (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON16 January 2017
I love Staples! They offer lots of perks, good discounts, and opportunities to evolve. I would work for Staples again if the opportunity came.