Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company to work for.
Copy and Print Centre Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 14, 2016
Head office staff, technicians, management and staff are always so helpful and friendly. Good benefits, matching RSP's.
good learning experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 12, 2016
I love my job at staples , but it has come to light that i wont be going full time with them as it is not in their budget and i need full time employment . what i love about staples is the costumer interaction , i try to get a smile out of everyone that comes in as i am a very happy person .
Thoroughly Enjoyable.
Labourer (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJuly 11, 2016
My job was inventory. Not the most exciting work, but my co workers and management staff were exceedingly easy to work with, so it made it all right.
Typical call center
Call Center/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 11, 2016
Answered calls for customer service, billing inquiries, took catalogue orders over the phone, credit card issues, tracking orders through UPS
The hardest part of my job was being attached to the phone all day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with Americans and learning different things about the States.
Got along well with co-workers
Pros
great benifits and hourly wages
Cons
Being attached to the phone all day
good paying job with security
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 7, 2016
I really like this job because it is not physically demanding. It is a good paying job with chance for advancement and security for my family.
Pros
free drinks and warm co-workers
not much fro the employees
tech sales and services representitive (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, ABJuly 4, 2016
employees at a small staples will have the benifits of a lack of training a lack of managment training no real pros no real cons just missing something
Excellent workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
Yes, the pay may not be there, however, team that is associated with Staples BD is simply amazing. Always keeping safety of everyone in mind, this employment has developed many of my skills.
Productive Workplace, Hard to get along with staff
Technology Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 22, 2016
Overall as a job it's not bad at all, but in my experience the staff members were awful to get along with and they were all very judgmental. I'm younger so that might be why as the part-time staff were very nice, but the older employees seemed to have a thing against younger staff members so I would watch out for that if you are under 30.
Excellent Sales Experience.
Technology Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJune 10, 2016
Achieve sales target on weekly basis help in gaining new sales experience.
Analyze customer needs, suggesting the ideal products that meet their requirements whilst cross selling insurance products to customers.
Customer-focused communicator with proven ability to understand and covey complex product information, develop rapport, build strong relationships with customers, and deliver high-impact sales presentations
Maximize sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
Unpredictable hours, unfair pay, enormous workload, and tons of sales pressure.
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 10, 2016
Unrealistic sales expectations and pressure ruin this job. If you're looking for an easy part time sales job, look elsewhere because the amount of sales pressure put upon you is insane. When you fail to meet weekly quotas they cut your hours, and then when you ask for help and you actually have determination to improve there is no one to really help. The pay is unfair because you need to be very well versed with computer hardware (CPU's, clock speeds, RAM frequencies, etc.). If you do not know how to explain computer specs to a customer and explain the benefits of A or B then you will NOT be able to sell, and there is very little to no training on this. And on top of that you need to know HOW to sell, stock shelves, do pull lists, operate stock pickers, and book in computers for repair. The pay is unfair when you realize that the cashier gets paid the exact same as you but they just have to stand there the entire shift while you're overworked and running all over the place all the while your GM asks you "why are your numbers are so low."
Pros
Experience
Cons
Almost everything
Wonderful People, Wonderful Place, Wonderful Environment
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 7, 2016
My amazing management at Staples always does their best to work with you and your schedule. They are very understanding and accommodating when they work with you. And they always strive to create an enjoyable work experience and environment for everyone, they want everyone to be happy and comfortable.
Coworkers are always very kind and happy, we easily welcome others into the family and love to chat when we have the time, both on and off the job. We really get to know each other and that makes the Christmas and Summer BBQ the best and most fun experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 5, 2016
Staples is a busy place to work. It's a productive and fun workplace. Great people.Able to be cross trained and learned a lot.
Productive Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 27, 2016
Working at Staples is a fun and energetic environment place. The only issue is the pay is low. Sometimes in retail the hours vary.
Excellent Place to work
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 26, 2016
Excellent place to work. The support from management is remarkable. They have very good orientation & training programmes for new hires and they also ensure the deliveries of the same within stipulated time frame.

I really enjoyed working with Staples.
Pros
Supportive staff
Time well spent
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
As management your shifts are 9 hours a day with 2 15min and 1 1/2 hour break, There are 3 shifts per day open, mid and close. Each store deals differently with days off i.e. 2 days off together, weekends off or 2 separate days off. It is great place to work, with good benefits. The staff was great. The hardest part of the job for me was finding the time to learn everything. The best part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
a lot to learn
Amazing Work Team and Work Tasks
Technology Sales Representative Area (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QCMay 16, 2016
Typical Day:
- Inventory check and stock
- Proposing complete solutions to customers
- Provide after-sales services
- Configuration of electronic devices and installations of products
- Ability to use the cash register, reimburse and exchange products
- Create financing accounts between Desjardins and Staples for
clients
- A team (collegues and employers) is important - Most enjoyable
It was enjoyable to work with co workers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
Working at Staples, Improved my communications skills with the customers and organization due to shelving products in order
not known to long ago
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
unknown too long ago to access.
Crazy town back in the day but had a social committee that rocked
gave me my first opr experience
Pros
non
Cons
non
Good workplace
Computers Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Good workplace, kind people with good team work efforts. Enjoyed working with all the coworkers and management. Work-break timetable was satisfactory.
I learned how to use printers on a business level, and got a good knowledge of electronic devices and how they work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCMay 13, 2016
I helped customers find a computer or electronic device that suited their needs. I learned to operate commercial printers, I enjoyed working there and appreciated the management staff. The hardest part of my job was the lifting of heavy printers, the best part of working at Staples was the customers and finding what they were looking for, and being updated on the latest technology.
Pros
Being updated on the latest technology.
Cons
lifting of heavy printers