Staples
2,808 reviews

Staples Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Co-Workers, Poor Management
Copy Centre Associate/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: lack of support from management, changing managers constantly, lack of care from management regarding the store
I started this job working in the Copy Centre. Due to lack of proper training and not following procedures, this position caused a lot of stress and a lot of nonsupport from the management.

After a few months, I moved to the Customer Service desk, helping out with returns, questions, and general customer service. It was a huge difference, and I really did well in that area.

Unfortunately, it was a bad time with management, and because of this the store suffered as well as the employees. I ended up having to quit the job, and move on.
Its a place that I am THANKFUL to be a part of it
Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: awards and recognition
Cons: long hours
Busy and fun environment in every day basis. You meet/connect with various customers with individual differences.

From just p/t associate, to service lead, to ICS, to supervisor and to manager makes me become a good leader.

A lot of co-workers with different views, different strategies makes me even more better in everyday that I work.

I can never say that there is anything hard in the job that I have. For me there is always solutions to any difficulties and it's not hard at all.

I enjoyed a lot when my team, when the store is winning compare to overall district stores performance. I enjoyed when all associates has willingness and initiative to the job right. I enjoyed when I give rewards to deserving associates.
Upon request
Sales Representative/Consultant (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 13, 2015
•Offer great customer service
•Realize customer needs and provide the best solution
•Provided store with big sales
•Professional communication with regular customers
It's okay.
Reserve Resident Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 12, 2015
It is okay. That was my first job. I got better pay than other electronic retailers. They gave me decent hours. Co-workers are fun but it's a big pressure for me because that was my first job. Overall, it is okay. The job was temporary though.
family atmosphere
Copy Center Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
great company to start your career with and grow with, great chance for advancement
Good Place to Work
Specialist - Copy Centre (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: feels like a family environment.
Cons: retail hours
Good place to work. Lots of room for advancement, whether it be in the retail setting or home office. Can be stressful at times, not unlike any other job.
Interesting place to work, business/school retail primarily.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, worked at a good pace and rarely got swamped with too much to do
Cons: was eventually laid off due to over-staffing along with other various employees, they hired on too many people when i joined
A typical day at Staples, was stocking merchandise, changing SKU and barcode labels, maintenance as well as cleaning and sweeping, promoting sales and merchandise, providing customer service, and performing carry outs.

I learned much about how retail works and how to read SKU labels, how to merchandise and inform customers of deals and sales. And how to stock shelves, although that was relatively easy to learn.

The management was very formal, but good to work for, they were helpful and supervised accordingly.

The co-workers were helpful and communicative, and often we would help each other in areas, and assisted each other.

The hardest part was changing the store layout for seasonal or back to school times, we shifted around entire store sections, and sales days were often busy.
Great people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABDecember 4, 2014
Loved this job. Awesome bosses. Meet some great people working here
Great job for Students
Aisles Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCDecember 2, 2014
Fast paced, always moving and busy. Helping customers find product or solutions for their needs. Cashier and assisting customers and other staff. Great customers and staff, always a pleasure to be around. Most enjoyable part is the interactions with a different variety of customers and searching out solutions to any issue. Hardest part of the job is leaving on time.
Very Goood
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 11, 2014
Love working at Staples because of the people I get to work with, and also the management is very easy going.
A typical day at work and the various tasks completed
Copy Center Associate (Current Employee), SurreyNovember 10, 2014
Staples is a fun and exciting place to work at. A typical day at work is helping customer with their printing needs. Using various different machines such as photocopiers, fax machines, laminators, engineering printers. Helping customers print documents from various computer programs such as adobe, publisher, Microsoft word, and exel. Having fun with co workers and management while providing great service for customers. Balancing multiple customers at one time during peak hours and multitasking with many orders. I have learned a lot about balancing many tasks at one time while working alone, and being able to handle these stressful times. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with many copiers jamming throughout my shift, helping customers with self serve copiers, and juggling multiple tasks at once. I enjoy working with my associates and meeting many great people throughout my shift.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Business Support Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 9, 2014
As Business Support Manager I was able to help a lot of Customers to resolve some issues with their warranty. But most I enjoyed was, one day a young boy who was disable came to see a manager at the store and I was the managing the floor. He told me that he bought a laptop from us but he is having problems with this machine and he needs his computer for his education. When I talked to the manufacturer’s warranty department they refused to serve the computer. When I talked to the Staples management they were gracious to replace his computer with a new computer
i enjoy working for Staples
Certified copy & Print Center Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2014
Pros: i work with amazing dedicated people.
Cons: low wage
I've learned how to use printer to their ability, print documents to customers specifications and customer service.
great work good people
Sales associate/Store Technician (Former Employee), store #437October 28, 2014
I was a great place to work I learned a lot about store operations and the latest technology. I found my co-workers to be very friendly and helpful most of all knowledgeable of the store and products, I really liked working there however the demands of me were more then I was ready for the training I received wasn't complete and made the job very hard for me.
Interesting
Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough time off
I really enjoyed my time at Staples, it was a very fun a job, and I learned a lot. I was a technology consultant, so I would just work with computer, printers, projectors, monitors, and software. I really enjoy technology and working with it and that is why I enjoyed this job. I was good friends with all my co-workers, and management was very nice and supportive and made me feel needed and appreciated.
Organized work place with new social encounters every day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: talking to new people every day
Cons: unfriendly management
Staples was a good company to work at. Most of my co workers were great to talk to and helped the day go by easily. Management was mostly good, but very unfriendly. My tasks were to help customers find items they were listening to, stock shelves, cash customers out and assist customers pick out computers or printers or cameras by insuring they have the correct knowledge of each product to make a good decision in which item to buy.
alright place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches, random coffee and doughnuts, great coworkers, safe environment
Cons: no hours, favouritism
I loved most of my coworkers, they made it a great place to work!
Management was alright, but sometimes was a bit scrambled.
Was there over a year, didn't receive my six month evaluation or any form of raise.
Like most places, you received many different directions on what to spend your time doing.
Allowed normal employees to see themselves as management.
Training was pretty good, can't complain about how it was suppose to be done.
Most employees were friendly and inviting
Very close group to work with
Productive and fun
sales associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 6, 2014
Learned lots of selling skills. selling has been the most enjoyable part of job
Staples Business Depot
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioOctober 3, 2014
I've worked at several Staples location throughout my university years and it is one of the best company I've worked for. Very flexible with schedule and provide tools to help growth and development. With the experience and knowledge I've gain from working with this company is beyond explanation. Im ready to take acquired knowledge and utilize said skills to improved my talent and growth.
Nice place to work. the staff was helpful and the store was very organize.
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: proximity to home, customer service process and staff members were very helpful.
Cons: hoping to have gotten hired on.
My typical work day sometimes included:
• Cleaning/Dusting - Cleaning display cases, shelves, and cleaning up the aisles.
• Organization - Displaying of merchandise on shelves, counters, or tables to attract customers and promote sales.
• Customer Service - Answer customers' questions about merchandise and assistance customers on merchandise selection and prices.
• Receiving – opening and unpacking sales floor merchandise.
• Stocking shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new merchandise.
• Stamp, attach, and change price tags on merchandise while referring to price list.
• Shrink wrapping items for customer who are have order delivered.
My co-workers and management staff were great. I looked forward to working because the environment was productive but at the same time comfortable. The most important think I learn was customer interaction. This was exciting to help people on a different level than volunteering which was all I was use to.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more