Staples
1,997 reviews

Staples Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall a good place to work! Learnt a lot about myself and business practises
Computer Sales Professional (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, well managed, safe work atmosphere
Cons: no room for growth, high expectations
Overall a good place to work! Learnt a lot about myself and business practises. As a part time associate I have benefits that help cover partial Drugs both name brand and generic as well partial dental.

Down side is that the company does not give any room what so ever for growth, they expect a lot from their employees. Excepting a high level of professionalism, – more... lots of training with out giving a higher pay. Overall a good company to work for. – less
Used to be great, no so much anymore
RESIDENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 16, 2014
Management went downhill, contacted higher-ups to fix issue, ignored.
Entire staff became miserable due to poor management.
Great environment with the other store associates, but the management really cares about themselves.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sarnia, OntarioApril 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay, unappreciated
Fun, exciting,
Furniture Consultant (Department Manager) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2014
Good company, a little hard to advance into management. Fun to implement sales and overall specials. Fun to set up for promotions, then see them through.
Productive and friendly work environment
Copy & Print Centre Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 4, 2014
Pros: the staff
Cons: abusive customers
Staples allowed me to grow as a professional and I'm really grateful to them. Usually the store is really busy, speacially the Copy & Print Centre. The staff is really friendly and nice.
Inventory Control Specialist/Receiver (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 3, 2014
Staples, where I have learned a lot so far in terms of productivity, pressure handling, creativity and development.
I enjoy my everyday at work as we having good management team which guide you, teach you on every step.
There's nothing hard about my job but i want to make my future more bright.
fun and busy place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), toronto, onApril 2, 2014
counting tills managing the restaurant serving and assisting customers
Amazing staff
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Welland, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: benefits/pay
The staff is extremely knowledgeable in their profession and products sold in as well as out of the store. Management is extremely reasonable to staff (as long as work gets done). Training for better sales is in great depth.
Productive Workplace with Work Life Balance
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMarch 26, 2014
Productive Workplace with Work Life Balance
Management structure was good
Friendly CoWorkers
Challenging place to work. Able to watch movies in the lunchroom during lunch breaks.
Receiver (Former Employee), North York, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: very little supervision, being trusted, having a day off if needed without any questions.
Cons: dealing with the garbage, having to pay to park
Typical day for me at Staples, take the garbage down to the loading dock area, usually 3 trips as cardboard had to be separate from the garbage. Answer phones from clients looking for on-line orders, greet drivers with incoming shipments, filing, maintaining a clean warehouse, to secure all cages end of the day.
Learned to have a lot of patience with – more... unpleasant drivers, screaming customers looking for orders.
My direct manager always helpful, understanding, allowed me to handle things for my own dept.
Did not have a big opportunity to mingle with co-workers as I was separated from the store, but did have some great friends upon leaving.
There was not anything hard about my position I could not handle without thinking about it first.
Most enjoyable part of the job, having all the merchandise ready to go the floor at the end of the day, usually met all deadlines, with exception of heavy days of delivery. Helping customers with their orders, having the friends I do. – less
Horrible Managers
Area Sales Representative/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 18, 2014
Pros: bennifits
Cons: bad mangement
My time at Staples felt like a waste, as I earned a promotion and than was shut down by all my managers when i thought of new ideas to make a day go by problems free.
I was to overlook all completed plannos and make any changes, wile doing that i accidentally corrected my GM and he threatened my job on spot mean wile i still did not know he completed – more... it.
There were many times where Management lied to save their own jobs due to i recently lost a friend and took short term disability and they kept trying to say i was using it as a crutch, as i was not.

Either than the Management, Staples was a good place to work and i enjoyed helping the customers find what they needed and there were a couple coworkers i enjoyed working with. – less
Renovation Associate
Renovation Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2014
* A typical day saw me helping in renovation operations for an older store to upgrade the look and feel of the aged departments.

* Learned a few technical skills relating to renovation duties and also had the chance to apply my creative and artistic skills.

* The managers I worked with were good and providing direction and recognizing achievements.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: constant standing is tedious
Typical day would start with daily manager providing new information on upcoming sales and giving a general boost to staff. Family friendly atmosphere.
Healthy, fun, safe work culture
Night Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2014
I have learned the quality of a great work culture from working their, the management is understanding and easy to talk to, my co-workers are amazing and are equally understanding. I would say the hardest part of my job is right after 5:30 when my body tells me i need to sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work ethics and culture.
Great Place.
Office Supplies Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Great experience, It was time to move on, didn't regret working there.
Work was amazing
Technology Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
Pros: employment benefits
Cons: no commission
Good hours,
Amazing management,
Learned alot of technology skills
I always enjoyed working there
Enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities to meet people
Services Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 3, 2014
Being a manager is a rewarding role at Staples.
Employees are friendly and easy to get along with.
Job duty requires everyday management of the operations of the store.
great place to work
Aisle Associate- Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bedford, NSFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: some nights had few costumers which meant a slow night of work
working at staples was an enjoyable experience. conveniently located by my former high-school it was a close place to work in my senior year. Learned a lot of costumer service skills and learned how to work efficiently with time which i can apply to real life and use in other jobs.
Technology Consultant
Senior Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great organization to be a part of
Cons: salary
On the Daily bases my job is to make sure everyone takes their breaks on time, make sure we are reaching our sales targets daily, greeting every customer that walks in to the store, always providing excellent customer service and making sure the customer walks out with everything they need.
Being a Technology Consultant, I train new employees and help – more... anyone that has any problems either with selling, finding information about certain products or simply just not being sure how to approach a certain situation.
I've learned that are always different types of managers at work, some who will strive to succeed, while some might be comfortable at where they are. But no matter what, if one wants to be able to succeed in the business world, they must be able to go step out of their comfort zone and reach for the stars.
There are many things one can learn from working with others, but one of the things I've learned from my co-workers is, treat others how you want to be treated. The hardest part of my job? Not being able to work as much as I want because of school. Making long lasting relationship with the customers would be something that's awesome because once you earn their trust and loyalty, they will forever be your customer. – less
Great company to work for in general, but needs some improvement at store level.
Service Department Lead (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great feeling of family with fellow crew members
Cons: a very weak member of management is leading too many departments
I did enjoy my time at Staples and will miss being there. However, the lack of honesty and consistency within the management team has at times left employees feeling less than appreciated or noticed. That being said, I have had many great experiences with many of the management staff members, but it does just take one weak link to break a chain. I find – more... too often the questions or concerns of the crew members, myself and my team had gone without resolution at all. It builds frustration and low staff morale and is unfortunate because as I said Staples as a company is a wonderful place to work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

As the world’s largest office products company and 2nd largest eCommerce site, we’re a recognized name across more – Read more