Staples
2,956 reviews

Staples Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a very friendly environment
Resident Technicain (Current Employee), Mississauga HeartlandFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: low pay
Management is pushing the associates to work harder especially the store I work in. For example, my store (Volume B) gets 2 workers at busy times where as other stores (Volume C) get at least 3 workers
A good place to work at
STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: full paid benefit.
Cons: long hours
Fast pace, you are each given an aisle to complete stocking up, at the end of every night shift. Co workers are all friendly and fun to work with. The supervisor is capable and responsible.
Fun and friendly workplace
Cooperative Education (Former Employee), Midland, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Everyone was friendly, there were meetings every morning where everyone got to know each other.

I learned that most people buying computers don't really know what they are looking for but with the right questions you can find out just about anything you really need to know to get the best one for them.
Notes and Victor.
Executive (Current Employee), North west Dr.February 16, 2015
Pros: going home
Cons: notes and sil
My two friends at Staples.
As I said before all work and no play Make jack a dull boy. You must be happy carrying many many hundreds of pounds of copy paper up many many flights of stair. As I mentioned earlier eat lots of wheaties, please.
If you like to sweat this is the place for you. Your truck will have thousands of pounds on board. Be there before the circle jerk takes place and you will be OK. If not then Notes or Sil will ride you hard.
Good luck and I hope you have a strong back or they will break it.
All the best.
productive and fun loving place which needs ur sincerity and 100%
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2015
It has always been great to work at staples but my career was not based to rely on that. moving Winnipeg is the other reason
Small Independant Work Area
Sales Associate, Staples (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 7, 2015
Managers had out your assignments day to day which you complete and hand in for QA test. Requires steady hands and a measure of independence.
Productive, fun, wonderful culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts, free food, positive environment
Being a Technology Associate at Staples was by far the best job I've ever had. The average day consisted of helping customers find what they needed; answering questions about our products and services; taking inventory; setting up, organizing, and updating displays; taking in customer computers to be serviced; working on cash; assembling some furniture; and updating prices as flyers changed over every week.

The hours were flexible, the benefits were great and quick to be implemented, the managers were kind and easy to talk to, and I really enjoyed working with my colleagues. Though I found the sales aspect of the job a bit tiresome, as I don't believe I'm suited to that field of work, I had a great time and would certainly work there again.
Nice, fun place to work.
CSR (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks, lunch, great staff and management
A typical day at work could start with anything, putting away a return, helping out a customer, stocking some shelves, we were just taught to help out as much as possible. Many hands make light work, is what my manager always used to tell me, the management was great and always treated us fairly. Co-workers were always fun to talk to, and always really helpful. The hardest part of my job was to open up to people at first, but after a couple days of contently talking to new people, you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing you made someone's day a little better, with excellent service.
Sales
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
This position was a great experience for my first full time experience. The staff was courteous and helpful when questions arose. It was a very positive first step in my future working career. I hope that my future work experiences to have this kind of positivity and great results.
Great Co-Workers, Poor Management
Copy Centre Associate/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: lack of support from management, changing managers constantly, lack of care from management regarding the store
I started this job working in the Copy Centre. Due to lack of proper training and not following procedures, this position caused a lot of stress and a lot of nonsupport from the management.

After a few months, I moved to the Customer Service desk, helping out with returns, questions, and general customer service. It was a huge difference, and I really did well in that area.

Unfortunately, it was a bad time with management, and because of this the store suffered as well as the employees. I ended up having to quit the job, and move on.
Its a place that I am THANKFUL to be a part of it
Service Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: awards and recognition
Cons: long hours
Busy and fun environment in every day basis. You meet/connect with various customers with individual differences.

From just p/t associate, to service lead, to ICS, to supervisor and to manager makes me become a good leader.

A lot of co-workers with different views, different strategies makes me even more better in everyday that I work.

I can never say that there is anything hard in the job that I have. For me there is always solutions to any difficulties and it's not hard at all.

I enjoyed a lot when my team, when the store is winning compare to overall district stores performance. I enjoyed when all associates has willingness and initiative to the job right. I enjoyed when I give rewards to deserving associates.
Upon request
Sales Representative/Consultant (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 13, 2015
•Offer great customer service
•Realize customer needs and provide the best solution
•Provided store with big sales
•Professional communication with regular customers
It's okay.
Reserve Resident Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 12, 2015
It is okay. That was my first job. I got better pay than other electronic retailers. They gave me decent hours. Co-workers are fun but it's a big pressure for me because that was my first job. Overall, it is okay. The job was temporary though.
family atmosphere
Copy Center Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
great company to start your career with and grow with, great chance for advancement
Good Place to Work
Specialist - Copy Centre (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: feels like a family environment.
Cons: retail hours
Good place to work. Lots of room for advancement, whether it be in the retail setting or home office. Can be stressful at times, not unlike any other job.
Interesting place to work, business/school retail primarily.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, worked at a good pace and rarely got swamped with too much to do
Cons: was eventually laid off due to over-staffing along with other various employees, they hired on too many people when i joined
A typical day at Staples, was stocking merchandise, changing SKU and barcode labels, maintenance as well as cleaning and sweeping, promoting sales and merchandise, providing customer service, and performing carry outs.

I learned much about how retail works and how to read SKU labels, how to merchandise and inform customers of deals and sales. And how to stock shelves, although that was relatively easy to learn.

The management was very formal, but good to work for, they were helpful and supervised accordingly.

The co-workers were helpful and communicative, and often we would help each other in areas, and assisted each other.

The hardest part was changing the store layout for seasonal or back to school times, we shifted around entire store sections, and sales days were often busy.
Great people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABDecember 4, 2014
Loved this job. Awesome bosses. Meet some great people working here
Great job for Students
Aisles Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCDecember 2, 2014
Fast paced, always moving and busy. Helping customers find product or solutions for their needs. Cashier and assisting customers and other staff. Great customers and staff, always a pleasure to be around. Most enjoyable part is the interactions with a different variety of customers and searching out solutions to any issue. Hardest part of the job is leaving on time.
Very Goood
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 11, 2014
Love working at Staples because of the people I get to work with, and also the management is very easy going.
A typical day at work and the various tasks completed
Copy Center Associate (Current Employee), SurreyNovember 10, 2014
Staples is a fun and exciting place to work at. A typical day at work is helping customer with their printing needs. Using various different machines such as photocopiers, fax machines, laminators, engineering printers. Helping customers print documents from various computer programs such as adobe, publisher, Microsoft word, and exel. Having fun with co workers and management while providing great service for customers. Balancing multiple customers at one time during peak hours and multitasking with many orders. I have learned a lot about balancing many tasks at one time while working alone, and being able to handle these stressful times. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with many copiers jamming throughout my shift, helping customers with self serve copiers, and juggling multiple tasks at once. I enjoy working with my associates and meeting many great people throughout my shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more