Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

Time well spent
Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
As management your shifts are 9 hours a day with 2 15min and 1 1/2 hour break, There are 3 shifts per day open, mid and close. Each store deals differently with days off i.e. 2 days off together, weekends off or 2 separate days off. It is great place to work, with good benefits. The staff was great. The hardest part of the job for me was finding the time to learn everything. The best part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
a lot to learn
Amazing Work Team and Work Tasks
Technology Sales Representative Area (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QCMay 16, 2016
Typical Day:
- Inventory check and stock
- Proposing complete solutions to customers
- Provide after-sales services
- Configuration of electronic devices and installations of products
- Ability to use the cash register, reimburse and exchange products
- Create financing accounts between Desjardins and Staples for
clients
- A team (collegues and employers) is important - Most enjoyable
It was enjoyable to work with co workers
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
Working at Staples, Improved my communications skills with the customers and organization due to shelving products in order
not known to long ago
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
unknown too long ago to access.
Crazy town back in the day but had a social committee that rocked
gave me my first opr experience
Pros
non
Cons
non
Good workplace
Computers Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Good workplace, kind people with good team work efforts. Enjoyed working with all the coworkers and management. Work-break timetable was satisfactory.
I learned how to use printers on a business level, and got a good knowledge of electronic devices and how they work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCMay 13, 2016
I helped customers find a computer or electronic device that suited their needs. I learned to operate commercial printers, I enjoyed working there and appreciated the management staff. The hardest part of my job was the lifting of heavy printers, the best part of working at Staples was the customers and finding what they were looking for, and being updated on the latest technology.
Pros
Being updated on the latest technology.
Cons
lifting of heavy printers
Great Place
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONMay 12, 2016
Loved working for staples, Very likely to reunite with them when my ability to commute becomes a reality.

The best part of the job is keeping up on all the latest tech.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Store Closures
Great learning opportunity for people with tech background.
Assistant Technician (Temporary Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 11, 2016
Great place to learn and experience retail and better you're communication skills. Also teaches you about different technologies. Staples is a great place if you have a tech background.
Pros
Improve communication skills and technical skills.
Cons
Negative customers/consumers
productive workplace
Copy Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
The managers are fine but some of the customers are rude or even yelling. I have learned how to talk to customers when they are yelling at me.
Pros
Provide health insurance
Cons
overload tasks
co worker is productive.
Overnight Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 9, 2016
with the new supervision, they don't care about what is happening in the store. they don't know how to appreciate the hardwork and no appreciation nor recognition for their night team. they talk to much without and pretend that they do something. like what the upper management, they focus on their mobile rather than attending the needs of the customers.
Its your typical hardware store
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Whitehorse, YTMay 5, 2016
Everything you need to build a house,

and you work in this place, basically everyday is a learning process.. its fun too

nice coworkers and nice managers
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
gets really really busy
Fun, and met lots of new people. Team job.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Staples was a fun job to me, because there are many other co-workers that you get to work with, and also make a relationship with. My social skills improved, and I learned how to speak to all types of people, whether they're angry, confused, cant speak English.
Do stock, prices and help clients.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 4, 2016
I work on the floor so when there is stock for the night I have to finish it, if there is no stock or I finish it before my shift I have to fill the isles. While I'm doing my tasks I help out clients at the same time, most of time I sell chairs to clients. At the end of my shift when I work at night I have to do price changes if theres any.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
small shifts
Fun Workplace with a lot of learning and growth potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 29, 2016
A very good company to learn processes and to develop own self professionally.
Lots to learn!

Great Management which fosters an environment of learning and growing within the company.
The team always looks after you.
Pros
Relocation Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Exciting work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
A work day would start out by checking if products were in correct aisles. Management was great I learned a lot through them from dealing with certain products for certain customers, working with co workers was what made my job enjoyable and fun. best part of the job was seeing a satisfied customer.
Unhappy
Technology Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I am not satisfied with Staples Management. There is lots of politics going on in management. Store manager never keep on his words.
fun, challenging work, poor management
Computer Sales (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work includes stocking shelves and approaching potential customers. There is much to be learned in regards to technology, computers and printers. The management is a tricky situation. Most of the managers are very easy going, making for a very comfortable workplace environment. However, two of the managers, who happen to be higher up, can be very discouraging at times, making for a very uneasy, up tight and uncomfortable workplace environment. The hardest part of the job is living up to these managers' expectations, being that no matter how hard you try or how well you perform, there will seldom be any recognition of achievement and always plenty of "areas of opportunity".
good light hearted evironment
Technology sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
not the best place for perminant work, and isnt made easy to live off the wages they pay. im disappointed that they dont know how to treat their loyal staff with any sort of respect, and are willing to destroy peoples lives by cutting hours way back with little to no notice.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
poor wages, and poor staff loyalty from the superiors
Always a happy and positive environment
Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 21, 2016
Working with the great people that I get to really makes the biggest difference and makes the day go by so much better and faster because of it. Production is just better also and with the hardest thing would be dealing with angry customers you can always rely on your peers. I enjoy the customer service aspect of working with staples. Overall you learn a lot of patience which I already had before working there.
productive and Friendliness workplace
Co-op Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2016
I have successfully completed my Co-op at Staples Canada, Barrie as a supporting technician in Easy Tech department. My roles and responsibilities were to do full computer setup, configuration, maintenance, complete care, Data backup and migration, Data wipe as well as customer service.

It was really a great opportunity for me to work in Staples Canada - Easy Tech department under the guidance of Service Manager, Senior Technicians and staff. I have gained a great technical knowledge and experience as well. I really appreciate their throughout help and support given during Co-op duration. I am also thankful to Staples Canada for giving me such a exiting opportunity.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
No job oppertunities for voluntieer students