Staples
3,064 reviews

Staples Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive, always learning new things
Sales Associate for Furniture and Technology (Former Employee), nairnMarch 29, 2015
Pros: employee discount, events, great work setting
Cons: have'nt found any
My review for staples: great place to work management was always there to help with issues, concerns I enjoyed working there for 4 years
The best job I've had
Reporting Assistant (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: management, job culture
Cons: salary
Working at Staples is a wonderful experience. The management truly cares about their employees. I learned so much through this experience that will hold me in good stead anywhere I go in life.
Productive work place with good customer service
Technology Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
Pros: 15 % discount on products
Includes attending around 30 calls per day and directing to 2 nd level if required . 75 percent are solved in phone and rest in store.

Performing the visual inspection of desktop ,laptops and noting the condition of the devices

Creating the tickets and making sure the problem is resolved in 72 hours

Performing setups , installation , maintenance and repair
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2015
Banking experience become very interesting and easy going when one work with Axis Bank. Though work stress is a lot but still one learn a lot from this bank.
It was a good working environment and a good experience.
Business Assistant (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: sometimes the work is boring
I only worked there for half a year but I felt like I worked there for longer. Great coworkers and supervisors. The work was not too hard and easy to learn. I liked helping customers who were in need.
Learning Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
I learned a lot from this job
Great team
Management is encouraging of associates moving higher up within the company
Constantly new products to learn about
Great customer service motto
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: stable hours
Cons: lack of advancement opportunites
Work with a team of professionals who receive and deal

with all fraud issues for staples as well as the credit

issues. Support customers in opening new accounts.

• Quickly and effectively Multi-Tasking customer service

issues such as returns, credits and replacement orders.

• Offer a high level of customer satisfaction when assisting

customers with account issues and taking inbound

phone calls from customers who have orders that have

been put on hold due to credit related issues.
Very nice and respectful supervisors
Delivery Driver / Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2015
Start my morning with regular paper work, as pre-trip for vehicle.
Check stops per day and place I suppose to deliver products to our costumers.
I've learnt to be on time to start my day. and I learnt how to train new employee, also learnt about the delivery procedures.
My co-workers are the best, they're fun, outgoing personality, supportive, respectful and we keep in touch.
There is not a hard part about the job, but when I started the job it was a bit hard on me because it was new thing for me to learn it with a short time, but I am proud of myself to do it on my own within 3 months period, without anyone training me.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the job itself.
Difficult work / home life
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 5, 2015
Typical Day started at 7 am and ended at 6 ( on a good day)
Learned that people turn on you quickly and due to the number of managers it was hard to get everyone on the same page.

Hardest part of my job was the work / home balance. It really takes a toll on you.

I did enjoy the fast pace atmosphere and the ability to keep teaching yourself different programs and management styles.
It was great
Aisle's Assoicate (Former Employee), Whitby OntarioMarch 2, 2015
I loved working there. The other staff was always friendly
the systems and routines were easily to learn but there was always a new challenge when you got into work with customers concerns or needs.
fun , excited
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 27, 2015
busy, nice people, well management, team work., keep learning new products. Mufti tasking. Handle tough situation. Communication, Support.
Not a very friendly environment
Resident Technicain (Current Employee), Mississauga HeartlandFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: low pay
Management is pushing the associates to work harder especially the store I work in. For example, my store (Volume B) gets 2 workers at busy times where as other stores (Volume C) get at least 3 workers
A good place to work at
STAPLES BUSINESS DEPOT (Former Employee), MississaugaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: full paid benefit.
Cons: long hours
Fast pace, you are each given an aisle to complete stocking up, at the end of every night shift. Co workers are all friendly and fun to work with. The supervisor is capable and responsible.
Fun and friendly workplace
Cooperative Education (Former Employee), Midland, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Everyone was friendly, there were meetings every morning where everyone got to know each other.

I learned that most people buying computers don't really know what they are looking for but with the right questions you can find out just about anything you really need to know to get the best one for them.
Notes and Victor.
Executive (Current Employee), North west Dr.February 16, 2015
Pros: going home
Cons: notes and sil
My two friends at Staples.
As I said before all work and no play Make jack a dull boy. You must be happy carrying many many hundreds of pounds of copy paper up many many flights of stair. As I mentioned earlier eat lots of wheaties, please.
If you like to sweat this is the place for you. Your truck will have thousands of pounds on board. Be there before the circle jerk takes place and you will be OK. If not then Notes or Sil will ride you hard.
Good luck and I hope you have a strong back or they will break it.
All the best.
productive and fun loving place which needs ur sincerity and 100%
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2015
It has always been great to work at staples but my career was not based to rely on that. moving Winnipeg is the other reason
Small Independant Work Area
Sales Associate, Staples (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 7, 2015
Managers had out your assignments day to day which you complete and hand in for QA test. Requires steady hands and a measure of independence.
Productive, fun, wonderful culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts, free food, positive environment
Being a Technology Associate at Staples was by far the best job I've ever had. The average day consisted of helping customers find what they needed; answering questions about our products and services; taking inventory; setting up, organizing, and updating displays; taking in customer computers to be serviced; working on cash; assembling some furniture; and updating prices as flyers changed over every week.

The hours were flexible, the benefits were great and quick to be implemented, the managers were kind and easy to talk to, and I really enjoyed working with my colleagues. Though I found the sales aspect of the job a bit tiresome, as I don't believe I'm suited to that field of work, I had a great time and would certainly work there again.
Nice, fun place to work.
CSR (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks, lunch, great staff and management
A typical day at work could start with anything, putting away a return, helping out a customer, stocking some shelves, we were just taught to help out as much as possible. Many hands make light work, is what my manager always used to tell me, the management was great and always treated us fairly. Co-workers were always fun to talk to, and always really helpful. The hardest part of my job was to open up to people at first, but after a couple days of contently talking to new people, you get used to it. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing you made someone's day a little better, with excellent service.
Sales
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
This position was a great experience for my first full time experience. The staff was courteous and helpful when questions arose. It was a very positive first step in my future working career. I hope that my future work experiences to have this kind of positivity and great results.

1 2 3 4 5

About Staples

There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer – Read more