Staples Employee Reviews

Productive place to work. good environment.
Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 November 2017
A typical day at work in staples is rather busy believe it or not, I have minimal time to focus on things that need to get done for the customers. I learned a lot from staples of how to fix certain items of technology, the basics of how they fix computers..however i am NOT the one who fixes them full time. The workplace culture is a good place to be. I have made life long friends there and wish to keep in contact with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i have satisfied a customer beyond their imagination.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
constant shift switching
Environnement de travail très agréable
Conseiller en informatique (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC9 November 2017
Environnement de travail très agréable, très bonne ambiance
Can be excellent depending on management
Copy and Print Associate / Aisles Lead (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB7 November 2017
I have had the pleasure of working in two different locations for this company and can say without a doubt this employer can be wonderful and provide excellent career advancement opportunities when good management is in place. However when the management is lackluster the job satisfaction and employee rentention plummets.
Good starter job
Concierge (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC6 November 2017
Unless your a manager, this job is terrible, bad wage, fast pace, you don't get paid your worth, people constantly coming and going, the management doesn't care about you they care about numbers.
High stress for the level of pay
Technology Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 November 2017
Managers were usually helpful and understanding, but computer customers add a level of stress to this position that make it far less pleasant. On a day with good customers, it is a great place to work.
Easy work, very nice staff
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Everything2 November 2017
I was only a co op student for a few months , but in that few months I’ve learned a lot about customer service. The associates at Staples were very helpful and enjoyable to be around. Work was not hard and instructions were very easy to follow.
Pros
Discounts
Fun and challenging workplace
Ontario Technology Sales Area Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 November 2017
I learned that it is very difficult to move up the ladder because head office hires the managers and they look for manager experiences from other retails rather than promoting someone within.
The work you have to do does not necessarily match the pay you get such as the receiving role of the stores. Workplace culture is relatively good, but many younger students work with you as well and at times they are not as motivated. Overall a great experience!
Benefits
Cons
Work production
ENjoy working at home, and excelling at what I do
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
Currently senior associate in an ESCALATION/RETENTION department. Field and handle complaint calls and e-mails all day, train new associates, do call quality and case reviews.

After three years, the issues get worse and the company problems unresolved and customers are getting more and more aggressive and difficult to handle.
Pros
Work@home, benefits
Cons
High Stress job, sedentary jos
Decent
Copy & Print Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2017
Its alright, could pay Copy centre associates more for the work load they have opposed to a simple cashier.
Management needs to be a bit kinder to the different associates in different parts of the store.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Trash pay for Copy Centre
The Love of Staples
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 October 2017
Working at Staples was a great experience! I experienced many obstacles and learned great customer skills. The many things I won't forget about working at Staples, was the great staff members as well as the fantastic management crew... you could truly call us a 'work family'. Personally, I never would have left this job if it wasn't for the need of extra hours to bring in extra income.
was fun to work there
Customer service representitive (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 October 2017
the management was very understanding and helped me develop many of my retail skills further then before and opened me up to new workplace positions and responsibilities.
Pros
Close to home, great staff
Cons
Slow paced
Great Brand; Trying to stay relevant in todays market.
Technology Sales & Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 October 2017
Staples provided me with a great place to begin my work career in Canada, the people that work there is essentially what makes the place so fantastic to work.
Management is amazing, they are always there when needed. Everyone has a sense of camaraderie.

At the end of the day, it is still a retail chain, and it boils down tot he customers you meet. You have days where you have customers who can make your day or break it.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Minimum Wage
had fun there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB11 October 2017
I worked with great people and felt i could advance there my voice was heard with the company a downside was telling the workers about the daily quota it was a small buzz kill
Belle entreprise
Chef caissière et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Quebec, QC5 October 2017
Belle entreprise nous permettant de bien vivre notre vie familliale avec de jeune.
Pros
Conciliation travail - famille
Cons
Salaire
Fast-paced hands on job
Copy & Print Centre Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
It was really enjoyable to work in an environment where you would be creating projects for the client and seeing the finished works come to fruitition.
Cons
High turn-over, hard to keep people.
Very structured environment. Goal oriented
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2017
Learned to manage ongoing changes during the day. Taking new direction from several managers at once, always coaching associates. Measuring service levels and adjusting personal to fill in ques.
Spend most of the time in meeting discussing plans, had an opportunity to work with members from different locations as a group.
fun and productive work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC26 September 2017
Every shift i would go to the warehouse and look for a skid that i could work on. I really appreciated the management and how caring they were due to any problems that occurred, I learned a lot from working here!
Great work environment and learning possibilities are endless.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Management was very understanding to each employees needs, work schedules were reasonable and fair to each of the staff. The workplace environment was friendly and always had an energetic vibe.
Pros
When targets are always achieved, management would treat the staff with pizza.
Cons
N/a
souhaitable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC22 September 2017
Souhaitable , surtout si nous nous effectuons notre entrée dans le marche du travail. une belle experience pour notre c.v étant jeune
na
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
Very organized entity with strong support for staff and management. Warehouse are unionized so it is critical to be alert when dealing with staff. Long term plan in view with flexibility to adapt to quick market changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.