Staples Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace with a lot of learning and growth potential
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Estevan, SKApril 29, 2016
Pros: Relocation Benefits
Cons: Long Hours
A very good company to learn processes and to develop own self professionally.
Lots to learn!

Great Management which fosters an environment of learning and growing within the company.
The team always looks after you.
Exciting work place
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
A work day would start out by checking if products were in correct aisles. Management was great I learned a lot through them from dealing with certain products for certain customers, working with co workers was what made my job enjoyable and fun. best part of the job was seeing a satisfied customer.
Unhappy
Technology Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 28, 2016
I am not satisfied with Staples Management. There is lots of politics going on in management. Store manager never keep on his words.
fun, challenging work, poor management
Computer Sales (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work includes stocking shelves and approaching potential customers. There is much to be learned in regards to technology, computers and printers. The management is a tricky situation. Most of the managers are very easy going, making for a very comfortable workplace environment. However, two of the managers, who happen to be higher up, can be very discouraging at times, making for a very uneasy, up tight and uncomfortable workplace environment. The hardest part of the job is living up to these managers' expectations, being that no matter how hard you try or how well you perform, there will seldom be any recognition of achievement and always plenty of "areas of opportunity".
good light hearted evironment
Technology sales Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: poor wages, and poor staff loyalty from the superiors
not the best place for perminant work, and isnt made easy to live off the wages they pay. im disappointed that they dont know how to treat their loyal staff with any sort of respect, and are willing to destroy peoples lives by cutting hours way back with little to no notice.
Always a happy and positive environment
Technician/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 21, 2016
Working with the great people that I get to really makes the biggest difference and makes the day go by so much better and faster because of it. Production is just better also and with the hardest thing would be dealing with angry customers you can always rely on your peers. I enjoy the customer service aspect of working with staples. Overall you learn a lot of patience which I already had before working there.
productive and Friendliness workplace
Co-op Technician (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: good work experience
Cons: No job oppertunities for voluntieer students
I have successfully completed my Co-op at Staples Canada, Barrie as a supporting technician in Easy Tech department. My roles and responsibilities were to do full computer setup, configuration, maintenance, complete care, Data backup and migration, Data wipe as well as customer service.

It was really a great opportunity for me to work in Staples Canada - Easy Tech department under the guidance of Service Manager, Senior Technicians and staff. I have gained a great technical knowledge and experience as well. I really appreciate their throughout help and support given during Co-op duration. I am also thankful to Staples Canada for giving me such a exiting opportunity.
Great as a part-time job, not much room to move up unfortunately.
Receiver (Current Employee), Various LocationsApril 20, 2016
Pros: Scheduling catered to the employees
Cons: Store closures and company restructuring hurt job security and job mobility within the company
Working for Staples for the past 8 years has been great. During my early years with the company, I have seen many fellow associates progress into higher positions in the company. Unfortunately, this trend did not last, and the current state of the company does not allow room for growth anymore. Store closures, and restructuring of the levels provide poor upward mobility. I have taken on a position in which the responsibilities, at the time that I entered the company, was primarily split into two positions. The pay for the increased work for the position is actually lower in comparison to just a single position from the available two prior to the consolidation. The store restructuring has cut 'manager' positions, in favour for 'supervisors', who have the same job responsibilities, with a substantially lower pay. With the hurting retail sales, it is not surprising that the company has to proceed with this current trend. Staples as a company does work around the needs, and time of the employees, however, I would not suggest a career within the retail level of the company. It is however an excellent part-time job as a student if you do not see yourself staying post-graduation.
Nice and fun to work
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
Pros: nice benefit
Cons: low wage
very organized and managed company.

nice benefit, but low wage.

Flexible work time, must deal with lots of various customers
Great Employer
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSApril 13, 2016
Staples is an amazing place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. However do to health issues I am no longer work in an environment that is not home based
Fun Environement
In-Home Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
Great workplace with a very dedicated and inclusive staff. The training is done expertly. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in the current technology.
Repetitive tasks being asked of.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Just gained work experience to see how retail runs.
Cons: Called out on breaks, not enough members on the floor to help customers, Confussion between manager and workers
Not getting to build too many planograms, and getting stuck to do the same old tasks that might not be that important. Sales days would be approaching and new planograms must be built, but the manager proceeds to make workers work on the regular tasks instead of working on future tasks that will bring prophet to the company.
Great Place of Employment!
Staples Technology Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Break Schedules were Pristine
The staff and managers were very personable and I enjoyed every shift. I felt good after every shift, and breaks were distributed evenly. The hardest part of the job was product knowledge, however I enjoyed learning new things.
Barrington Supervisor (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. Friendly Staff. Flexible work conditions. Easy to get off days for personal matters. Always chance to learn and grow as an individual.
Well organized and safe environment
Cashier/Stock/Sales (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCApril 6, 2016
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Time can pass slowly
Staples is a great job. It is well organized and supplies great recognition when you have done a good job. The managers and the whole team are very welcoming and supportive as well.
Not a perfect decoration
Print Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 6, 2016
I beleive customers need to feel more comfortable and enjoy staying at stores, that's where companies get more benefit, more traffic inside store and more minutes people stay in stores.
At staples i think a warmer decoration with more interactive concept will get customers stay more minutes and enjoy shopping.
I loved working at Staples
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Welland, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Kind and flexible. Sunlife benefits (top of the line)
Cons: Few hours available.
Staples in Ontario was my most favorite job ever. I only left because i was getting too little hours, unfortunately. Of course, this will change based on location, but Staples is in my opinion the best place to work in retail if you love working with people
Typical retail environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: Learn great interpersonal skills
Cons: No job security, no advancement opportunities, get poorly treated by customers and sometimes management
Customers talk to you like you don't know anything, no chances for advancement, very little job security, sometimes management was very poor depending on location. Only good thing I have to say about the place is I enjoyed working with the other associates.
Great opportunity to move laterally but layoffs are happening now!
ProActive Chat Representative, Full-time (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSMarch 29, 2016
Pros: Assigned desks, opportunities to apply for other positions
Cons: Negative coworkers, micro-managing, layoffs in favour of outsourcing
I worked at Staples from 2010-2014 and held about 4-5 different positions throughout my time. I was really glad I could apply for new positions so that I wouldn't get bored and want to leave. But many managers seemed like they were micro-managing, and overall the atmosphere was pretty negative from coworkers. Not many were happy to be there, many had been there for YEARS, and we were crammed in like sardines. And then they started outsourcing.
Day at work
Business discount account specialist (Current Employee), regina saskatchewanMarch 29, 2016
I work very hard to meet sales goals, while multi tasking and keeping my customers happy. I have also gotten very familiar with computers and payment systems
Employees