Staples Advantage has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager for New Brunswick and PEI!
This is strictly a hunter role for Medium and Large sized Business opportunities!
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for prospecting and closing new business. The BDM serves as the primary contact for the decision-makers and leads the sales process. The BDM works closely with the Account Manager and Sales Management and other company resources to successfully transition account implementation and management responsibility to them.
- Researches, contacts, qualifies, prepares and presents packaged solutions to acquire new business
- Works with the Sales Manager & Regional Director of Sales to develop target account lists
- Coordinates and leads sales efforts with other sales resources (e.g., Account Manager, Product Specialist, and Sales Manager)
- Ensures smooth transition of on-going account management to Account Manager
- Achieve revenue, gross margin and account targets through sales to new accounts
- Achieve L.O.B. targets based on potential
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with potential customers who have been identified as target clients in order to meet corporate objectives of maximum profitability and sales growth.
- Analyze customer needs and interests in order to maximize sales volume and identify service requirements.
- Identify, develop, prepare and present high impact sales presentations to current and/or potential corporate clients.
- Keep abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities and industry trends through reading pertinent literature, training and consulting with manufacturers and their marketing representatives.
- Target Segmentation – Assigned Accounts, 12,000 to 120,000 in annual sales potential
- Time Allocation – 80% Customer Time, 20% Non-Customer Time
- Post secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of selling experience penetrating or maintaining accounts
- Previous office product industry experience is helpful.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
- Strong computer literacy (experience with Salesforce.com and SAVO an asset)
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to interface at the most senior levels at a customer
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong business, financial, operations, and technical acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Demonstrates strong teambuilding attributes
- Computer literacy, including above average competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects involving large revenues and a high degree of complexity
- Creative selling, project management skills and strategic planning ability required.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision as well as working effectively in a team environment
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard