Small firm in Barrie specializing in the design of dental practice interiors and high end residential and commercial interiors throughout Ontario. We are seeking an Intermediate Designer to assist senior designer on all phases of design. Individual will be responsible for product selections, specification and procurement of furniture and interior finishes. Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to meet with clients and contractors with good level of confidence.
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts.
- Programming, space plans, use of building code without assistance.
- Design development including finishes and materials selections, rendering, prepare concepts.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for tender documents.
- Coordination of trades and mechanical and electrical engineers.
- 3 year diploma or degree completed in Interior Design.
- 3 years experience in similar job type.
- Proficient at CAD, knowledge of Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp and Excel.
- Interest in dental office, corporate and residential interior design.
- Some retail furniture experience is an asset.
- Ability to work on a minimum of 6 projects at the same time with minimal supervision.