STAPLES Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company, great people!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great Company, Awesome enviroment
I've been employed with Staples Canada since December 2012, and I have to say- it's probably one of the best retail jobs out there! The managers take time to ensure not only the success of the store, but the success of the team, and most importantly me. Thanks for an awesome two and a half years, here's to many more to come!
Fantastic department & staff, would never go back
Copy & Print Associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJune 18, 2015
Pros: high level of freedom/creativity, excellent customer base
Cons: inconsistent management, poor pay, high stress
While I adored my customers and 'staff,' the management levels were consistently hit-and-miss as far as competency, accountability, and maturity went.

Copy & Print was an absolutely amazing experience, but at this location, I found the GM to be very inconsistent, and promised happenings never occurred.
Great workplace with great people
Technology Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam BCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great staff, amazing management
Cons: having to stand for 8 hours
On a typical I am responsible for the customers that walk onto the technology department. I provide solutions for the customers technology issues and make sure that the customer gets exactly what they need. My supervisors and managers are extremely supportive and will do everything in their power to help me succeed.
good
good (Former Employee), goodMay 3, 2015
good company to work for
• Handled high call volume by processing exchanges, refunds, placing orders and updating customers account information.
• Focused on generating and exceeding all sale targets
• Answered inbound calls and communicated effectively with customers and their product inquires
• Resolved customer service issues regarding shipments and order inquires
• Traced packages while they were in transit to update customers on delivery time frame
• Helped customers understand how to use our website for placing orders and creating accounts
Productive and Fun
Sales Representative, Staples (Current Employee), Leduc, ABApril 27, 2015
Customer Service is the main focus in all departments in Staples Stores. Fast pace. Multi-tasking with customers and projects. Assist co-works if needed. Fill out paper work when necessary.
25 Billion Dollar Global Company
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: had the opportunity of managing some very talented staff.
Cons: the division ended up closing after 3 years
With 350 Stores across Canada and approximately 8,000 Corporate Customers purchasing from each of their Retail Stores across Canada, Staples Canada decided to create a Pilot Project of 3 Stores, that were retrofitted with Sales and Technical offices to proactively sell to IT Hardware/Software and IT Services to Corporate Customers in the geographical of the Retail Stores.
Each Sales and Technical Office in the Store consisted of 1 Sales Manager, 2 Account Managers and 1 Senior Technician. Within the first Quarter, we exceeded the Sales Quota by 200%. Due to the success of the 3 Pilot Stores, the program was extended across Canada.
Fun, hardworking team with a great bond.
Technology Consultant (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great staff, good products, flexible hours.
Cons: bad managment system, poor coordination and driection.
Staples was generally a great company to be apart of. Part of the reason it could be a fun place to work is there was no typical day there, and an environment like that is always changing. Sadly the one thing the store is still missing is direction and motivation. That can usually only come from one place, management.. Definitely the best part of working at Staples is our awesome crew of associates. We all got along great like a big family, and that can really make the difference to how the store looks and feels and also how people work and drive each other.
Pretty good place to work! Your day is what you make it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: hard to make a living working full time, good for students part time, wages do not keep up with the cost of living
Typical day: very busy
What I learned: more patients than I already have
Co-workers- fun, friendly always willing to help out
Most enjoyable part of day: returning customers who take the time to ask you how your day is going and remember your name. And making customers shopping experience enjoyable.
Happy customer=returning customer
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Desktop Publisher/ Copy & Print Associate (HUB) (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: fast paced, never a dull moment
Cons: management style
I can honestly say I loved my job while working there. The environment was fun and the people (for the most part) were great to work with. It was an incredibly fast paced environment that always kept you on the go.

Unfortunately the management took some of the fun out of the position through constant nit picking without constructive criticism. At times reviews were not based on your work but rather based on personal opinions of things that had nothing to do with the job at hand.

I miss the girls and the relationships I built while working there. I do not miss constantly feeling like I never did enough for management even when I went above and beyond what was required of me on a daily basis.
All work and no play make jack a crazy boy
Slave/driver (Former Employee), GTAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: nice young girlies on my route
Cons: management, and hr
Well your day will start in a circle jerk with some rubbing and tugging and stretching. Real fun and productive. Then the driver will check to see how many 1000's of pounds of product he will have to deliver.
The hope is that you have less than 3000 pounds of product, but usually there is about 5000 pounds of product, so be sure to eat your Wheaties . Please remember many many hundreds of pounds need to be carried up many many flights of stairs. So I repeat eat your spinach. Your think this could be gruelling no s--t Sherlock . Nike says Just Do It, Staples says Make it Happen, same message Just Do it Be atch !
So if this sound like fun them by all means staples has a place for you.
Good luck amigos.
I have been there for 4 months
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 11, 2014
Cons: not too balanaced with life and home
Still learning processes, so it's hard to give my review at this time.
Staples
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 1, 2014
A busy production facility that required everyone's best skills. Enjoyable co-workers made working there great. I focused mostly on quality control and making sure members of my shift were keeping on task and production was under control.
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: latest technology
Cons: minimum wage
Dealing with new customers everyday, learning new things, trouble shooting with the latest technology.
fantastic learning experience and fun job
Copy and Print Centre Rep (Former Employee), OshawaApril 24, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Staples. I was a co-op student there in high school and was hired on permanently after that. I loved working in the copy centre and preparing orders for customers. there were frequently difficult customers and moody people to deal with but I always looked forward to going to work. My team of co-workers were great and I learned a lot about myself during my work there. Dealing with machines and different orders was fun because of the challenge and also the reward of a satisfied customer.
Great company to work for, work life balance and people development
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Hamilton OnMarch 25, 2014
Everyday at work is different, challenging and demanding in a fast paced and competitive environment.
awesome place
Cashier and customer sevice (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learning about all products, great management and staff.
Cons: nothing to say
i loved working here...the staff and management were always there to support you, and advancement was always offered!!! i learned alot about the electronics, staff meetings were very positive. Every part of this job was positive.
Staples employee
Sales Area Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: flexible lunch break times
Cons: long hours of hard labour
- Nice co-workers
- Lots of heavy piling of tasks
- Not enough Management
- Not enough employee distribution
- Most enjoyable part is the lunch breaks
- The hardest part of the Job is the loads of shipments that need to be out away usually by yourself
life at staples
Overnight Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good bosses, funny coworkers
Cons: sore muscles and sleeping during the day..
I worked as the overnight stocking team. It required a lot of heavy lifting, time management and other skills necessary for the job.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and really liked my managers. I learned to use a pallet jack and stock picker while I worked there and was introduced to using the LRT handheld (which I use regularly at Old Navy.) This job was supposed to be only a month and turned into 4 months of full time work. I very much enjoyed it.
I held many rolls in this fast paced business enviroment
COPY AND PRINT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2013
Customer interaction was indeed my favorite part of this job.
Great Company
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2013
Management is good and i really find myself be a part of Staples. Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that gives them satisfaction. The CO-Workers are very cooperative and easy going. Hardest part of my job is to maintain my dignity and satisfy customer need. Enjoyable part is to work in friendly environment and i am able to reach my goals in my career.