STAPLES Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Staples Canada is a good company.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I like to work in Staples. The environment in there is fine. In this tough economic situation, it is not easy for everybody
supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Taking over shift form other Supervisor & re-allocation of job.
My co-workers are good & always helped me to meet the target.
The most enjoyable prt is every day is a new day with new tasks.
Interesting Workplace with chances of being creative
technology sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Disscount on tech and furniture items
Cons: mixed hours
Only worked there for a few months but it helps being creative and helpful to the costumers and being an asset to the Staples team.
Mainly worked alone to complete a variety of tasks and customer orders. Time efficiency and organization is key for success in this position.
Copy Centre Associate (Former Employee), Pembroke, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Supportive co-workers
Cons: Very little room for advancement
Copy Centre associate working both alone and in a group, involved in a wide variety of tasks. As a copy centre associate, I was expected to complete orders involved in copying, printing, cutting, and laminating as well as working with a variety of computer software programs to design, edit, and produce customer orders. The management at Staples preferred one associate to work in the copy centre at a time, allowing me to really develop skills in organization and time efficiency as I completed all tasks and customer orders while still attending the cash register. Also had shifts as a cashier in other areas of the store and covering breaks, which involved communication and cooperation with co-workers.
Excellent Survival Job
East Tech Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 25, 2015
Pros: Helping customers, Co-workers, Clean Environment
Cons: Pay, pressure without incentive, physical discomfort, unaffordable benefits, ect...
The company would be a good place to work if they paid employees a livable wage and did not try to manipulate employees by insulting their intelligence.The store I worked at had decent management so it was tolerable. A typical day included running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to serve customers. Be warned there is no clearly defined position at this company. Even the Managers' stock shelves. You will be hired as an Easy Tech but you will end up doing anything and everything. Your feet will hurt a lot from standing all day you will miss breaks and management will pretend they did not notice it. It is best to use this company the same way they use you... for money. This is a good job for people who have no choice, need temporary work or a student. It is not a career by any means.
Great Company
Copy Lead (Former Employee), Goderich, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Awesome Customers
Cons: Retail, sometimes difficult customers
Great company, took good care of their employees.

Fair and honest.

Loved dealing with my customers, meeting new people.

Learnt what I would do and what I would not do as part of a management team for overall success in a retail environment.

Learned how to deal effectively interact with potential business clients.
Enjoyed the time a Staples
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 1, 2015
Each day at Staples would be new and offering challenges for every call. Every call would be different which broke a variety to me. Learned every day how to assist the caller and navigate through the ordering system, as well as the website to assist each caller.

There was hands on training for different departments.

Enjoyed my time at Staples.
cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
The co-workers are nice and so are the managers. I learned everything I know about cash through staples. The hardest part about working at staples includes the short hours, the times when nothing is happening, and the distance. Overall, staples is an alright first job but only as a first job.
Demanding and fun workplace
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dorval, QCNovember 7, 2015
Pros: Young staff
Cons: Management
A typical day at work consist of serving many customers and trying to sell the best product for their needs. Selling warranties and installations are key as well to a good sale, I learned how to serve the customer with perfection. Management is an issue with the company I find because every manager wants something different and it confuses and aggravates many employees. Co-workers are awesome and always willing to help others and know how to work as a team.
great work enviroment , poor disaplinary procedures
Temporary Renovation Worker (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKNovember 2, 2015
the structure and resources for a starter job are great but it completely depends on the staff to which you work with because if clicks have been pre established then look out for poor training and favouritism.
Private
Private (Former Employee), PrivateOctober 27, 2015
i will not like to share my work experience of staples.dsfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Fun Work place and good training ground
Cashier, Customer service rep, copy centre assoc (Former Employee), fort mcmurray abOctober 12, 2015
Pros: free gift cards
Cons: cutting hours
Needs more training for associate advancement especially those on technical dept. The top management should give full time associate a regular schedule and let others do cross-training to other department. Generally, new management is striving to do more fun activities for career growth and open to suggestions which is good.

The best thing in this job is when they gave me a chance to take exam and being certified as print-pro where I proved to myself and to them that I am their potential employee, unfortunately they will no longer renew tfw so I have to find way/s to look for another employer:)
Very nice company to work with.
Services Supervisor (Former Employee), EdmontonOctober 6, 2015
Staples is a very good company to work with. The pay at staples is not much appreciative. The management is the best management team you can find.
Good
Technology Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 27, 2015
Good and friendly environment to work ......................... Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleaguess and learning from them.
Category Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: In-house gym and cafeteria, great management, strong training
Cons: Some co-workers with negative attitudes, some ambiguity in terms of what you should be doing
I worked here on a co-op work term in the category management division and had a wonderful time while I was here. I learned a lot and met numerous great people. Many of the people you meet have a positive outlook and attitude during the day, while others not so much. The most exciting part of my job was seeing the impact I had with my actions.
Good place to work but...
Tech Consultant (Former Employee), OrilliaSeptember 1, 2015
Management was AWESOME, coworkers where cliquey and some not so welcoming. Good learning environment, good trainer. The hardest part was working around my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers and having friendly customers.
fun environment,
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 26, 2015
It is a fun enjoyable place to work every one is so kind and forgiving, though there is areas that do need improving, either through costumer relations and organizational areas that could be a bit better.
Great company, great people!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Guelph, OntarioJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great Company, Awesome enviroment
I've been employed with Staples Canada since December 2012, and I have to say- it's probably one of the best retail jobs out there! The managers take time to ensure not only the success of the store, but the success of the team, and most importantly me. Thanks for an awesome two and a half years, here's to many more to come!
Fantastic department & staff, would never go back
Copy & Print Associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJune 18, 2015
Pros: high level of freedom/creativity, excellent customer base
Cons: inconsistent management, poor pay, high stress
While I adored my customers and 'staff,' the management levels were consistently hit-and-miss as far as competency, accountability, and maturity went.

Copy & Print was an absolutely amazing experience, but at this location, I found the GM to be very inconsistent, and promised happenings never occurred.
Great workplace with great people
Technology Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam BCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great staff, amazing management
Cons: having to stand for 8 hours
On a typical I am responsible for the customers that walk onto the technology department. I provide solutions for the customers technology issues and make sure that the customer gets exactly what they need. My supervisors and managers are extremely supportive and will do everything in their power to help me succeed.