STAPLES Canada

STAPLES Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, never a dull moment
Desktop Publisher/ Copy & Print Associate (HUB) (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: fast paced, never a dull moment
Cons: management style
I can honestly say I loved my job while working there. The environment was fun and the people (for the most part) were great to work with. It was an incredibly fast paced environment that always kept you on the go.

Unfortunately the management took some of the fun out of the position through constant nit picking without constructive criticism. At times – more... reviews were not based on your work but rather based on personal opinions of things that had nothing to do with the job at hand.

I miss the girls and the relationships I built while working there. I do not miss constantly feeling like I never did enough for management even when I went above and beyond what was required of me on a daily basis. – less
All work and no play make jack a crazy boy
Slave/driver (Former Employee), GTAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: nice young girlies on my route
Cons: management, and hr
Well your day will start in a circle jerk with some rubbing and tugging and stretching. Real fun and productive. Then the driver will check to see how many 1000's of pounds of product he will have to deliver.
The hope is that you have less than 3000 pounds of product, but usually there is about 5000 pounds of product, so be sure to eat your Wheaties – more... . Please remember many many hundreds of pounds need to be carried up many many flights of stairs. So I repeat eat your spinach. Your think this could be gruelling no s--t Sherlock . Nike says Just Do It, Staples says Make it Happen, same message Just Do it Be atch !
So if this sound like fun them by all means staples has a place for you.
Good luck amigos. – less
I have been there for 4 months
Facilities Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 11, 2014
Cons: not too balanaced with life and home
Still learning processes, so it's hard to give my review at this time.
Staples
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 1, 2014
A busy production facility that required everyone's best skills. Enjoyable co-workers made working there great. I focused mostly on quality control and making sure members of my shift were keeping on task and production was under control.
Productive and fun work place
Technical Support (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: latest technology
Cons: minimum wage
Dealing with new customers everyday, learning new things, trouble shooting with the latest technology.
fantastic learning experience and fun job
Copy and Print Centre Rep (Former Employee), OshawaApril 24, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Staples. I was a co-op student there in high school and was hired on permanently after that. I loved working in the copy centre and preparing orders for customers. there were frequently difficult customers and moody people to deal with but I always looked forward to going to work. My team of co-workers were great and – more... I learned a lot about myself during my work there. Dealing with machines and different orders was fun because of the challenge and also the reward of a satisfied customer. – less
Great company to work for, work life balance and people development
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Hamilton OnMarch 25, 2014
Everyday at work is different, challenging and demanding in a fast paced and competitive environment.
awesome place
Cashier and customer sevice (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learning about all products, great management and staff.
Cons: nothing to say
i loved working here...the staff and management were always there to support you, and advancement was always offered!!! i learned alot about the electronics, staff meetings were very positive. Every part of this job was positive.
Staples employee
Sales Area Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: flexible lunch break times
Cons: long hours of hard labour
- Nice co-workers
- Lots of heavy piling of tasks
- Not enough Management
- Not enough employee distribution
- Most enjoyable part is the lunch breaks
- The hardest part of the Job is the loads of shipments that need to be out away usually by yourself
life at staples
Overnight Stocking Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good bosses, funny coworkers
Cons: sore muscles and sleeping during the day..
I worked as the overnight stocking team. It required a lot of heavy lifting, time management and other skills necessary for the job.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and really liked my managers. I learned to use a pallet jack and stock picker while I worked there and was introduced to using the LRT handheld (which I use regularly at Old Navy.) This – more... job was supposed to be only a month and turned into 4 months of full time work. I very much enjoyed it. – less
I held many rolls in this fast paced business enviroment
COPY AND PRINT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2013
Customer interaction was indeed my favorite part of this job.
Great Company
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2013
Management is good and i really find myself be a part of Staples. Indeed excels at providing transparency and value to customers that gives them satisfaction. The CO-Workers are very cooperative and easy going. Hardest part of my job is to maintain my dignity and satisfy customer need. Enjoyable part is to work in friendly environment and i am able – more... to reach my goals in my career. – less
good management and innovative sales
TECHNOLOGY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
Launched a new project (ET4B) designed to provide services to business from 5 – 75 employees. The objective was to make technology easy for business owners by providing total end-to-end technology solutions that cater to their unique business needs
No Growth
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 18, 2013
There is no chance for growth personally and professionally. You work 33 hours each week and are paid minimum wage. The job is too mechanical, no flexibility.
Very welcoming and energetic environment
Technology associate (Former Employee), Staples, ONJanuary 29, 2013
A typical day at work involved constant communication with customers, organizing of new and old inventories, and short meetings with co-workers and managers. As a sales floor associate it was my duty to educate customers about our products and direct them to the right solution. If I was ever in a situation where I was unable to help a customer, or if – more... a coworker faced the same situation, we could always count on our sales floor team to be there for one another and assist each other in any way possible. The entire experience at Staples was an enjoyable one; it was an extremely valuable learning opportunity and I enjoyed every minute of it. – less
great company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2013
Great company to work for. Hours are great. pay is great. managment is great.
Knowledgable staff, difficult management
Furniture Associate and Aisle Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 28, 2012
All employee's in any Staples are trained to know as much about the products in store as possible, it can be a great learning experience. Unfortunately, not only the management at our store but management at a majority of stores all the way up to the more corporate level are not very easy to deal with and can make working for them a real pain at times.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 21, 2012
Great place to work! Flexible with the hours. Generally Management was easy to get along with, staff we fun and entertaining. Never a dull moment.
Loved working at Staples
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: can say enough about the great people i had a pleasure to work with
Cons: not enough hours
Great place to work,Management was great,If I was going to give it a negative it would be the time schedule only goes week to week which is really hard considering your hours were never the same.So it was extremely hard planning anything.
Company overview.
General Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2012
Pros: very good work life balance.
Cons: lots of room for improvement in terms of technological development.
Good company with Training, friendly and helpful associates, great spirit and overall a good company to work for. Dealing with customers, always improving something in the store, promoting a selling culture within the store. Merchandising and setting up promotions etc.