Staples Advantage

Staples Advantage Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for unless you are a Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 22, 2016
Terrible management for the BDM's (gun to your head style management). Extreme micromanagement and unrealistic activity metrics are put in place. No job security in this division. If you are not in this division, then overall Staples is a good company to work for.
Outside sales is a great opportunity to build Account Management experince
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Was a great place to work when it was Corporate Express Canada but after acquisition by Staples the environment and culture changed for the worst.

Management does not relay information to employees. Internal communication isn't to par.

Account Management role was demanding but still enjoyable. Work/Life balance was an issue.

Direct Sales Manager was great and had open door policy.
Team was cohesive
Worst Place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 6, 2015
There is no Policies and procedures.
Management doesn't even know and they can't even answer you.
Some of the managers are worst and destroying the office environment.
Please do not waste your time as they will not promote you anywhere.
Productive and great opportunity for growth
Credit and Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2015
Great Company to work.
There is room for growth. Nice work environment to work.
Wonderful colleagues to work with Busy but always fun.
Professional Company
order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 27, 2015
I learned voice to pick. I obtained my dangerous goods certificate. I enjoyed the fast pace environment. The management were very helpful. Everyone worked as a team. Overall a great workplace.
A really bad place to work, no long term career.
Business Development manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 19, 2015
A pathetic place to work here and your job would only last for 6 months. A revolving door policy and unrealistic targets and guess what the company is competing with other divisions of staples in order to bring in new business which creates a really bad impression on customers. You will go out to bring business but they usually are with other division for e.g staples preferred so you can't touch them very frustrating as you want to work but can't. The upper management at the mississauga office is ruthless and won't care, instead of retaining the employees and make some changes in their policies they would prefer to let you go and hire someone else. The sales managers are puppets and every one is trying to save their jobs. I have never seen such a high turn over any where else which clearly speaks of the company. Please don't waste time and stay away from staples advantage.
Pros
I don't see any
Cons
A bad structure and frustrating work place
busy
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2015
Still need a lot of work with their systems and process which don;t allow for much when it comes to holding people accountable as the systems need drastic changes.
Great People!
Sales Management Coach (Current Employee) –  VancouverMarch 25, 2015
Wonderful people to work with! A great place to learn and gain valuable experience. There is a lot of effort to improve company culture.
Fair and balanced organization
Manager, Enterprise Sales (National Accounts) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
- Good opportunity for advancement
- Proactive management

This is a great organization to launch a career in sales and improve your skills.
Pros
excellent approach to multiple lines of business
Management cared about the employees and their needs
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCSeptember 13, 2014
Typical day at work - Handled inbound calls and offline work meeting customers’ needs in a timely manner. Researched other websites in order to locate products.

I learned to surf the Web and gained extensive knowledge of products, processes and procedures.

Management showed sincere concern to how we feel about working conditions.
My co-works were a great team to work with and very helpful, making the work day less stressful.

The hardest part of the job was having to use too many skill sets for the one job that should be for a different job title.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different vendors, getting free samples and being treated to donuts or fruits bi-weekly
Pros
free products, being allowed to be involved in community work and getting paid for time away from the office
Cons
too many skills sets required for the job
No Job Security
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Lots of being on your feet. No work advancement for good work ethic. I worked hard everyday, and was faster than anyone else. But no advancement, instead I was laid off a week before my 3 months was up.
Great environment for full-time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2014
Great energy from the management team and always willing to lend a helping hand.
An Excellent Work Place with a great culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2014
The average day at Staples Advantage include but isn't limited to order entry, customer care and problem resolution. I feel that the job taught me to be quick on my feet with suggestions, resolution ideas, and alternatives to customer needs if certain products were not available. The management is very involved, and high energy, which helps keep the team motivated and excited.
Great people, yes man culture.
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2014
Great place to be in terms of the people, not a great place to be if you are not interested in being a "yes man", management of people is very inconsistent from manager to manager, department to department. That being said, if you are working for the right manager, it is a great place to work.
Pros
great people.
Cons
yes man approach encouraged and rewarded.
productive and accuracy
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2014
aggressive work, i learned all the program of the warehousing, my co workers is a team, we work all the order that need to be done. the enjoy moment is when we have a gift card when we did a good job
Pros
break are 1 hr
Cons
8 hrs
Fun
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2013
Sales culture needs work.
Changing marketplace
Leader in the industry.
core values
Customer Implementation Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ONSeptember 11, 2013
Associates are dedicated to their jobs because the company recognize and live the core values
Pros
free lunch, social in house events
Cons
honest pay for honest work