STAPLES ADVANTAGE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 13, 2015
Still need a lot of work with their systems and process which don;t allow for much when it comes to holding people accountable as the systems need drastic changes.
Great People!
Sales Management Coach (Current Employee), VancouverMarch 25, 2015
Wonderful people to work with! A great place to learn and gain valuable experience. There is a lot of effort to improve company culture.
Fair and balanced organization
Manager, Enterprise Sales (National Accounts) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: excellent approach to multiple lines of business
- Good opportunity for advancement
- Proactive management

This is a great organization to launch a career in sales and improve your skills.
Management cared about the employees and their needs
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver BCSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free products, being allowed to be involved in community work and getting paid for time away from the office
Cons: too many skills sets required for the job
Typical day at work - Handled inbound calls and offline work meeting customers’ needs in a timely manner. Researched other websites in order to locate products.

I learned to surf the Web and gained extensive knowledge of products, processes and procedures.

Management showed sincere concern to how we feel about working conditions.
My co-works were a great team to work with and very helpful, making the work day less stressful.

The hardest part of the job was having to use too many skill sets for the one job that should be for a different job title.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different vendors, getting free samples and being treated to donuts or fruits bi-weekly
No Job Security
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Lots of being on your feet. No work advancement for good work ethic. I worked hard everyday, and was faster than anyone else. But no advancement, instead I was laid off a week before my 3 months was up.
Great environment for full-time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2014
Great energy from the management team and always willing to lend a helping hand.
An Excellent Work Place with a great culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2014
The average day at Staples Advantage include but isn't limited to order entry, customer care and problem resolution. I feel that the job taught me to be quick on my feet with suggestions, resolution ideas, and alternatives to customer needs if certain products were not available. The management is very involved, and high energy, which helps keep the team motivated and excited.
Great people, yes man culture.
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: yes man approach encouraged and rewarded.
Great place to be in terms of the people, not a great place to be if you are not interested in being a "yes man", management of people is very inconsistent from manager to manager, department to department. That being said, if you are working for the right manager, it is a great place to work.
productive and accuracy
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 14, 2014
Pros: break are 1 hr
Cons: 8 hrs
aggressive work, i learned all the program of the warehousing, my co workers is a team, we work all the order that need to be done. the enjoy moment is when we have a gift card when we did a good job
Fun
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2013
Sales culture needs work.
Changing marketplace
Leader in the industry.
core values
Customer Implementation Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga ONSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunch, social in house events
Cons: honest pay for honest work
Associates are dedicated to their jobs because the company recognize and live the core values