Stantec Consulting

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 16, 2012
Typical worday : 7- 5

I oversaw a team of 5 civil designers working on residentiual land devevelopment project for a Masterplanned Commnuniuty
Great team concept, encouraged growth
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2012
Pros: benefits, cross marketing, diversified work
Cons: poor upper management
Good company to work for. Good benefits. Company encourages cross marketing of skill sets.
Good for starting a career and getting experience
Civil / Structural Technologist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2012
Pros: 40 hour work week, clean offices, free beverages
Cons: healthcare, hourly wage
Work could begin at 7:30 pm and could end by 4:30. Employees were very knowledgeable in working skills and would teach skills needed to others to get work done. It was a good learning environment for those just starting a career in design or engineering. Management was professional and involved with project teams over the duration of the project. Co-workers – more... at the same levels were very competitive with each other and formed cliques. Multiple female employees did not follow company dress and were warned multiple times. The company is a Canadian based corporation and healthcare benefits were terrible. At the wage I was making I could not afford my contribution to healthcare and make a car payment at the same time. At Stantec you can have a college degree, but it might not be the right college degree, and if you have the degree it may not be from the right college. Engineers coming in should start with having completed their FE Exam for better pay and treatment. The offices were well maintained and clean. Most enjoyable part of the job was the in house training and product seminars. If you are a coffee drinker, the coffee stations are very nice in many offices. Based on where you are in your career this could be a good place for you or if you are able to handle office cliques and other office issues. It was not the place for me at the time. Lack of a good wage and not being able afford healthcare accompanied by the office cliques and unneeded competition were my main reasons for leaving. – less
Great people, and interesting work but long work hours, extended travel at minimum pay
PROJECT SCIENTIST, WATER RESOURCE DIVISION (Former Employee), Topsham, MEOctober 20, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good work environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
I've worked on several diverse projects in a multitude of settings across the U.S. I had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people from scientists and engineers to construction worker and government officials. However, there was a lot of travel involved with little room for advancement.
Great place to work for
Instrument Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2012
hours are available as long as there is not another economic setback
Unorganized
DATA ANALYST FOR PIPELINE RESEARCH (Former Employee), Bedford, TexasSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits were great!
Cons: too many bosses!
I worked for them doing pipeline searches and it started off pretty good but then it got to the point where they didn't have any work for me to do as they were waiting to see if they got any more jobs. Guess some would of been satified just getting a paycheck but I got bored playing solataire for 3 wks so I found another job. I felt I was probably fixing – more... to get laid off anyway. – less
HORRIBLE COMPANY BEWARE!!
Geologist (Former Employee), UniontownSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: paycheck and leaving
Cons: management is awful, women were sexually harassed (it was our fault), hr did nothing about harassment, misguided on projects, backstabbing jerks
Stay away from this company. Management is awful and they are back stabbing!! If you have an issue, believe me, the entire company will know about it. The office I worked in allowed harassment. HR did NOTHING about it. Oh wait, they did....all the women were laid off except one who was blackmailing one of the managers in another office.

The company – more... will work you to the bone, and then tell you that there isn't enough money to pay you for the work you did.

STAY AWAY – less
Enjoyable work environment
Survey Cad Technician (Former Employee), Denver, Co.August 23, 2012
The work day was good and challenging. Also learned new drafting software and gained some great experience. Enjoyed working next to my co-workers and bosses.
Company culture changed after being sold.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 24, 2012
Pros: learned what i no longer was interested in doing career wise.
Cons: too much workload expected by one individual.
This company was a blessing and a curse at the same time. Overall it was a very stressful and demanding work environment.
Have eyes on the back of your head
former employee (Current Employee), sarasota, FloridaJuly 10, 2012
Cons: above
If you dont drive a BMW, a MINI, a MERCEDES....etc you don't have the right to have an opinion unless you are an engineer. People that do the real work get stepped on. The non workers that only talk get ahead for some reason? If your nose is not up in the air like the rest you will be let-go. Stantec seems to dislike millitary vets.
Atmosphere of nepotism, bad work place
employee full time (Current Employee), sarasota, fl.July 10, 2012
Pros: the refrigerator only
Cons: all
Only an Engineer has any hope of advancement, whether they deserve it or not. Technologists are third class citizens. it is your job to find your own work. Detached management focused on personal sustainability. Stay away if you want a real job. local management smiles at you then stabs you in the back.
Not a good company, avoid - avoid
Hard work does not pay-off (Former Employee), sarasota, fl.July 10, 2012
Pros: building
Cons: all others
Nothing but snobs and back stabers. Nothing but office politics and number counting. You are a nobody and will be treated vary bad. Hard work at the sarasota office will get you no-where, but talk craap and be a snob and then you will be somebody. Bad magement and NO moral support. Nobody is happy there, all are afraid to say something as they will – more... get fired for nothing. – less
Inspection of Center Road project and
Inspector (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 6, 2012
• Inspection of Center Road project, which was a $30M road expansion project. Main duties:
o Inspection of earthworks, storm drain, MOT, asphalting, drilled shaft foundations, sidewalks, curbs, separators, landscaping, traffic signs and markings.
o Assisted in the preparation of the final contract estimates for the project.
• At the Head Office, working – more... as an assistant to the office engineers:
o Designed guard rails for highway project in Michigan,
o Created density log books for various civil engineering projects,
o Critiqued progress plans and assisted with the preparations of contract documents. – less
DO NOT work here (trust me)
Full time (Former Employee), Saarasota, FL.July 3, 2012
Pros: only pay
Cons: all others
Nothing but back stabers and office politics. If you are not an
engineer you are nothing but trash to them. I worked there for some years and it was awful every day. I was a very good worker but that dont mean anything to the sarasota office. If you drop your pen to loud you will be fired. Others there use HR to lie and get you fired if they dont like – more... your smile or if you dont drive a BMW (IE's) HR runs the office and not the office management. Stay away from this office,
others will say the same as I have trust me please. – less

July 10, 2012

This person is right on the money

Lots of potential if .....
Former Employee (Former Employee), USAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: "regular" employees are great, management on the other hand..still thinks small if they get it at all
Cons: very clickish company, especially management.
you don't mind being micro-managed, having big-brother watching, over promising to clients/suppliers, getting paid less than market value. Company closes between Christmas & New Years - BUT if you want to get paid for it - you have to use your own leave. RUN, Don't walk from this job posting.
great place to work
Senior Consulting Engineer (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 27, 2012
Will do it's best to place you on projects they know are your forte.
Very busy place
Principal (Former Employee), Maine, USJune 18, 2012
Pros: extremely dynamic environment
Cons: too much focus on billables for a company that size
Great company! I was involved in many areas, including acquisitions.
My Review
Senior Geomatics Technician, Urban Land (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 5, 2012
Good Company to work for. Alot of work at the time but it does slow down sometimes.
fun pace.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), reno,nvMay 22, 2012
A great place to work with a great group of people. The management and co workers often came together at the hardest times which somehow became the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Do not work there...
Autocad Tech. (Former Employee), Sarasota, FloridaMay 19, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: job sercurity
Lots of office politics. When work slows down, people loose their jobs. You are just a number there. If you sneeze there you will be fired. Avoild this office - company.

July 10, 2012

I have heard this about this office before.

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more