Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
Stantec has managed to provide a small company work environment while still providing large company benefits. I've had the privilege of working for an incredible manager and have an extremely flexible schedule. The culture here is amazing.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 5, 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
Leading Company in industry
Mechanical Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Leading Company in industry

Competitive Salary/benefit package

Company's generosity to support external training and career development

numerous company events (Stampede, new year, etc.)
Pros
competitive salary/benefit package, company's generosity to support external training
Cons
dry working ambiance
Supportive Atmosphere/ Great Teamwork
*** (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 24, 2014
I love working here. My only downside would be that there is no room for advancement in my field. But that was explained to me at the interview. I'm the only person that does what I do at my place of business so there is no where to move to unless I retrain.
Pros
teamwork, lots of outside work activities, great benefits.
Cons
shortage of employees in my department...causes a lot of stress for those who are there.
smart educated coworkers and fun environment
Transmission Line Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2014
Stantec in general is a good company to work for. Intelligent and experienced co-workers, good job/life balance, decent salary. I learned electrical drafting and transmission line design.
Pros
fun environment, lots of company events
Cons
not transferring people to other sections when a section is being slow
Friendly non-stressful environment, but you don't learn anything
Air Quality Scientist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
I started working in Stantec as a junior scientist 2 years ago. I liked the friendly environment and flexible working hours. Working from home was also possible. But there was no real plan for training a junior and I didn't learn much after two years. I had to beg for new tasks and nobody really cared about my career plan. Recently I was laid off since there was not enough project works to do, at the same time some colleagues were staying late working overtime on projects!
Pros
Flexible hours, lots of social events
Cons
Weak project management/training
Very good
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
My experience with Stantec was extremely positive all-around. My coworkers were uplifting and cheery and my employers were constantly trying to improve their moral by holding staff meetings and making sure their employees always had up-to-date training in all areas. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Stantec.
Great people and great team environment
STRUCTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 28, 2015
An easy going place to work. When the work is steady it is great with good management of people and resources. I learned that self motivation and finding places to be useful go a long way towards job satisfaction.
Pros
Great team and family feel to the office
Cons
Lack of work over the past year, Little room for advancement
G-O-O-D
Technologist Student, Full time, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 20, 2015
A nice, friendly and stressless environment to learn or work in. Great for entry or higher eng/mgmt positions. A few steps ahead of the government but never pretends to compete with the private sector at all fronts. Constant cadre turnover, branch staff gets to be stolen in whole groups, leaving none of main weight-carrying specialists in the office at the end of the season, and there is no need to come early or run an extra mile at your job as it never gets noticed or appreciated. Lots of safety and culture talk. Overall pleasant, positive experience. Just don't take it all too seriously and chill while off school.
Pros
Culture, overtimes, corporate perks, decent equipment and solid support.
Cons
bottom line always wins, any extra steps you do are unnoticed
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New to oil and gas industry
Good company with good benifits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 9, 2015
Has been a generally a good company to work for. Most of my employment with them has been on secondments at client facilities, so have had the opportunity to experience and adapt to different management styles and cultures.

I have enjoyed secondments, for the experiences I have gained. The difficult part of the job is the time away from family.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Opportunities limited locally
Very Stable Company
Resident Consultant / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
Stantec Consulting is a very stable company with a well established working protocol and chain of command. The company runs like a well oiled machine.
Pros
job security and corporate events.
Cons
less than competative salary.
Good place to work excellent team to work with
Senior Designer - Checker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 7, 2015
Was good place to work and people were excellent for the most part. Big contracts with tight deadlines which were met. Was here for a couple of big contracts.
Not a good place to work
Design (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at stantec was not very good. Not whole lot of scope for advancement. Not adequate compensation for your hard work. benefits are below average.
Professional place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2012
I worked for Stantec for 8 years. Enjoyed my job very much. Raise every year. 400+ employees, with offices all over the world.
Pros
winter gala every january, raise every year.
Stantec is a good company
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
It is good to work with Stantec. more work experience I got there. Fun work place with supportive professional management.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 26, 2014
I have very few complaints about working at Stantec. For my job title I think they are on little on the low side but they have great benefits and great culture. I really enjoy my coworkers.
Mechanical Engineer-In-Training (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 17, 2015
Great place to work. Well respected consulting engineering firm, with other fields under their umbrella. Many locations.
You dont want to work for them
Civil Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTOctober 13, 2015
They hire on the large volume and lay off on large volume.

Technically company just focus on its own project demand basis and do not consider to invest on its employee.
Great people to work with
Receptionist/ Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was I had Great co workers. Wage was good. When things got slow and they started laying people office the people where scared of loosing there jobs and moral went down.