Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
management need to be replaced
field (Former Employee), edmontonFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad backstabbing management
This company say they are all about safety but when i seen the boss's come out to the field for there safety meeting's and go to the strip bar after and drink and then drive back to there rooms after
what Is that telling you, Managment say that they do not what to set you up for failure and thats all that they do,
The guy who was to train me set me – more... up and the day that i took over was the day that the stuff hit the fan, When he was still running the show not me but he got a pat on the back and i looked bad
Upper managment need to get out and see what is really going on – less
excellent company with excellent staff
Structural designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2013
from 8 am to 5 pm
some different program related with my professinal skills
excellent
excellent
n/a
n/a
Fast paced and always changing work day
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: confusion with staff members
A typical work day would include meeting with managers, taking minutes, clerical duties, assisting project managers and the financial department with any issues and going between the database program oracle to submit various projects, or editing various reports and documents for engineers
Temporary Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: temporary job
Cons: temporary position
I was a receptionist for a week and a half temporary position through a temp agency. This position required me to answer a multi-line phone system and receive and send Purolator packages.
Temporary Job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: learned how to answer a multi-line phone system
Cons: it was a temporary position
I was a Receptionist at Stantec Consulting. My duties included answering a multi-line phone system, receive Purolator packages, etc. This job was a week and a half temporary position through a temp agency.
Professional place of employment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: winter gala every january, raise every year.
I worked for Stantec for 8 years. Enjoyed my job very much. Raise every year. 400+ employees, with offices all over the world.
Stantec is overall a great place to work.
Co-op Student/Project Coorditator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 3, 2012
Stantec is a very fast phase working place. Structural Engineering team and managemant is very friendly and supportive to new engnieers. I learned peroject management , reviewing structural drawings, designing various strucutral members and document control.
Great managers and team work
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 22, 2012
Pros: managers, office location
That there are still great companies that are willing to invest in their employee
stable company with larg projects
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2012
Pros: good friend ship with co- workers
Cons: long time out of edmonton
Construction Management Services at Southgate Station and Century Station. Attend regular meetings with the Project Team during design development.
Advise as to site and improvements, selection of materials, building systems and equipment.
Provide recommendations on construct-ability, availability and factors related to cost control, including of alternative – more... designs or materials.
Senior Bridge Engineer with the team working on Anthony Hendy Drive (North West) conceptual design of 35 bridges for Design, Build, Financed and Operation project.
Detailed design for Confederation Way and Grant McEwen bridges, Fort McMurray.
Conceptual design of 4.5 km elevated structures for LRT-Lagos, Nigeria.
Working with Engineering Buildings duties include assessment, analysis, design, cost estimating, tender preparation, shop drawing review, and construction administration as well as project management, client liaison, proposal writing, and employee mentoring – less
work experience
Work experience student (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 26, 2012
Pros: fun, informative, peaks curiosity
Cons: only work experience hours
no pay but learned a lot about the field of archaeology and its incentives.
Friendly and professional work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary,ABJune 15, 2012
Pros: the people
Cons: lots of overtime
• Data entry for the vegetation and wildlife departments
• Re-organized the company library
• Editing and compiling reports
• Summarizing expenses for the accounting department
• Worked on projects as a part of a team
Don't Tell the Truth
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2012
You'll get fired during probation if you place any medical, physical or psycological issues on the form they give you for your insurances. But if you don't tell the truth and you need to make a claim on a pre-existing condition, you won't be covered. And I'm speaking from experience. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Excellent Engineering Firm
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, Ontario - CanadaMay 14, 2012
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: experience gaps between management and engineers
Very competent leadership and engineers. Clearly defined job responsibilities and accountablilities.
Enjoyable
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 9, 2014
I worked for this company for a short period of time but enjoyed my time. My boss at the time was a nice and gave praise to a job well done when deserved.
Big company, opportunities for Engineering
Network Specialist, IT Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2014
I can't say much about Stantec, We were purchased by them and as of now have not been fully integrated into their company.
A great work atmosphere.
Senior Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Laurel, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: no telecommunte
The average work day at Stantec was a good day. The managers were always available and helpful. Co-workers were nice and friendly.
I love the fact that I would work independently, however my resources were always available.
Productive and fun place to work with
Executive Assistant to Senior Principal, (Current Employee), Dubai, UAEAugust 3, 2014
I have a manager that works efficiently. Instead of bossing everyone around, he sets an example of hard work through his actions. I respect that trait and learn to be more like him by working smarter.
it was a good place
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Dubai,June 10, 2014
A day at work was produtive.
I gained a good experience working at this company.
The management was good.
The all co-workers were helpful and friendly.
There was no any difficulty in the job.
The ping pong table was enjoyable.
Typical Consulting Environment
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: poor managers, not all but some
Growth through acquisitions is not real growth, expect career stagnation. Some upper management should be removed to let real organic growth begin.
Nothing but a number.
Field Services Manager / Materials Technician (Former Employee), All over US and CanadaApril 11, 2014
Cons: less than truthfull
After ten years let go like I was hired last week. I was working for another firm that was bought by Stantec 8 years ago. After that things started to go down hill. They say employees first but are only interested in profit. Other firms I have worked for have carried their most loyal employees until the next project. Not Stantec. They will not except – more... the smallest amount of overhead. A billion dollar firm let me go with no warning with only two week severance. – less

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more