Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Very friendly and supportive
GIS Analyst (Project Lead) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta27 August 2015
Working with Stantec Consulting was a great experience. I grew professionally. People on the higher level are very helpful and supportive. They know their work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
stagnation in the career after a point
Co-op Student for Stantec
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON25 April 2016
• Filing
• Data Entry’s
• Responsible for making posters
• Minute taking in Meetings
• Set up for big Meetings – scheduling them, sending out the invitations and ordering the food
fun and motivate workplace to be
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2016
one of the most important thing to work for Stantec is the amazing people that is part of this wonderfull team, I really enjoy work for them
Pros
lunch and learn
Leading Company in industry
Mechanical Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2014
Leading Company in industry

Competitive Salary/benefit package

Company's generosity to support external training and career development

numerous company events (Stampede, new year, etc.)
Pros
Competitive Salary/benefit package, Company's generosity to support external training
Cons
Dry working ambiance
Fulfilling project work, beware of big company managment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario14 August 2013
Really nice office environment with large windows, natural light, large desks and monitors. Enjoy working with co-workers of various disciplines. Encounter many complex and interesting projects.

There seem to be power struggles between different discipline managers over shared work. Because it is a large company, steady pay and consistent raises can be expected with decent performance. Being a in large company also means you are treated as a number. When work got low, there were many layoffs all at once rather than trying to retain the talented people already within the company.
G-O-O-D
Technologist Student, Full time, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 July 2015
A nice, friendly and stressless environment to learn or work in. Great for entry or higher eng/mgmt positions. A few steps ahead of the government but never pretends to compete with the private sector at all fronts. Constant cadre turnover, branch staff gets to be stolen in whole groups, leaving none of main weight-carrying specialists in the office at the end of the season, and there is no need to come early or run an extra mile at your job as it never gets noticed or appreciated. Lots of safety and culture talk. Overall pleasant, positive experience. Just don't take it all too seriously and chill while off school.
Pros
Culture, overtimes, corporate perks, decent equipment and solid support.
Cons
bottom line always wins, any extra steps you do are unnoticed
Great projects, talented workforce.
Principal & Sector leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
Developed contract negotiations methodology.
Learning from talented people.
Integrated teams.
Won new clients, met financial targets.
Productive and worth experience
Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL5 February 2014
Some work was hard, such as root cutting and digging test pits, but feeling acomplished after being done was rewarding.

I learned about my own culture(Aboriginal), because we found artifacts that my ancestors has used thousands of years back.

Co-workers were great, it was great to meet new people on the field often.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours and being exhausted from it after returning home.

The most enjoyable part was getting to experience this type of job, I'd never thought I would have the opportunity but I did and I am thankful.
Pros
Lunch money given in payments
Diverse Company
Senior Environmental Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2016
Stantec was a good place to work, The people are smart and collaborate on projects. Most of the requires training tools are provided.
Pros
Very skilled coworkers
Cons
Tight deadlines and long work days
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
amazing experience working in former companies
CAD technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
Using logical analysis ability to solve problems is an very amazing experience. When I did CAD drawing, I always forgot the off time was already passed.
Great company
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2015
Stantec has managed to provide a small company work environment while still providing large company benefits. I've had the privilege of working for an incredible manager and have an extremely flexible schedule. The culture here is amazing.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 December 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
Supportive Atmosphere/ Great Teamwork
*** (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 April 2014
I love working here. My only downside would be that there is no room for advancement in my field. But that was explained to me at the interview. I'm the only person that does what I do at my place of business so there is no where to move to unless I retrain.
Pros
Teamwork, lots of outside work activities, great benefits.
Cons
Shortage of employees in my department...causes a lot of stress for those who are there.
Stantec is a good company
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2015
It is good to work with Stantec. more work experience I got there. Fun work place with supportive professional management.
Senior Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee) –  ST.John's NL12 August 2015
This is a great company to work with. Good benefits and good working conditions.

Work is consistent and learning opportunities are abundant.

Co-worker are very outgoing
Good environment to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2014
it was fun
It was very friendly
but it have no job security
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Very good
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2015
My experience with Stantec was extremely positive all-around. My coworkers were uplifting and cheery and my employers were constantly trying to improve their moral by holding staff meetings and making sure their employees always had up-to-date training in all areas. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Stantec.
Very Stable Company
Resident Consultant / Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2013
Stantec Consulting is a very stable company with a well established working protocol and chain of command. The company runs like a well oiled machine.
Pros
Job security and corporate events.
Cons
Less than competative salary.
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New to oil and gas industry