Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent work enviroment
Geotechnical Tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
Great benefits poor pay.
Awesome place to work, with multiple functions weekly.
My direct supervisor was an absolutely great mentor and friend.

internal promotion/ raises may not always be available due to the large chain of command.

Pay was not great...However, the work atmosphere was amazing!
Pros
Functions
Cons
Top-heavy
Excellent Organization
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCMarch 13, 2016
Excellent organization. Stantec provides opportunity for interesting and challenging work in many geographical locations. Friendly and competent coworkers in all areas of engineering.
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 19, 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
G-O-O-D
Technologist Student, Full time, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 20, 2015
A nice, friendly and stressless environment to learn or work in. Great for entry or higher eng/mgmt positions. A few steps ahead of the government but never pretends to compete with the private sector at all fronts. Constant cadre turnover, branch staff gets to be stolen in whole groups, leaving none of main weight-carrying specialists in the office at the end of the season, and there is no need to come early or run an extra mile at your job as it never gets noticed or appreciated. Lots of safety and culture talk. Overall pleasant, positive experience. Just don't take it all too seriously and chill while off school.
Pros
Culture, overtimes, corporate perks, decent equipment and solid support.
Cons
bottom line always wins, any extra steps you do are unnoticed
Good people and opportunity.
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Good place to work with a good opportunity for advancement. Managed well with a good life/work balance. Salary is comparable to rest of industry. Job security is always a concern in the oil and gas buisness.
very good company with great benefit
Senior Pipeline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
good engineering team. good environment to work with good benefit.I have been working in the oil and gas team. Stantec is good place to grown.
Pros
good pay and benefit.
Wildlife Technician (Former Employee) –  Batchawana Bay, ONMay 6, 2016
Not afraid to help out their workers. Pay was great and the work was fun. One of the best contract jobs I've had. We got a lot done in the short hours because we enjoyed what we were doing
Co-op Student for Stantec
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 25, 2016
• Filing
• Data Entry’s
• Responsible for making posters
• Minute taking in Meetings
• Set up for big Meetings – scheduling them, sending out the invitations and ordering the food
Nice company to work for overall
Environmental Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2016
Pay your dues with this company and you will be rewarded. Travel is also included in this job and you require your own personal vehicle.
Diverse Company
Senior Environmental Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Stantec was a good place to work, The people are smart and collaborate on projects. Most of the requires training tools are provided.
Pros
Very skilled coworkers
Cons
Tight deadlines and long work days
fun and motivate workplace to be
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
one of the most important thing to work for Stantec is the amazing people that is part of this wonderfull team, I really enjoy work for them
Pros
lunch and learn
Cons
Great projects, talented workforce.
Principal & Sector leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Developed contract negotiations methodology.
Learning from talented people.
Integrated teams.
Won new clients, met financial targets.
Very nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
Management cares about employees. People are awesome. Office morale is great. Salary is good. Work duties are consistent with skills.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 5, 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
amazing experience working in former companies
CAD technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
Using logical analysis ability to solve problems is an very amazing experience. When I did CAD drawing, I always forgot the off time was already passed.
Stantec is a good company
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
It is good to work with Stantec. more work experience I got there. Fun work place with supportive professional management.
Very good
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
My experience with Stantec was extremely positive all-around. My coworkers were uplifting and cheery and my employers were constantly trying to improve their moral by holding staff meetings and making sure their employees always had up-to-date training in all areas. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Stantec.
A fairly decent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully.
Pros
decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons
stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Senior Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee) –  ST.John's NLAugust 12, 2015
This is a great company to work with. Good benefits and good working conditions.

Work is consistent and learning opportunities are abundant.

Co-worker are very outgoing
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New to oil and gas industry