Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Demonstrate Health and Safey leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company Health and Safety policy as well as all client specific H&S
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: make healthy friendship with new co-workers, friends where i am working with
Cons: working in the severe weather condition (-30 degree c, heavy rain, ...)
Maintain a personal utilization target of 90% chargeable.
Continue to provide solutions to PM's on projects that issues/problems arise on. Focus on making sure that all information that is required is completed and accurate.
Demonstrate H&S leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company's H&S policy as well as all client specific H&S policies. – more... Make sue all H&S training is up to date (ie.WHIMIS, POST, FIRST AID, etc.)
Get well along with any co-worker, maintain healthy relationship with any one I have to work with.
The hardest part of the job is working in the severe weather condition (-40 degree C, heavy rain,...especially in up North (Attawapiskat, Coochiching First Nation, ..)
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job completed before due, inform to project manager(s) in the last minute call) – less
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 26, 2014
I have very few complaints about working at Stantec. For my job title I think they are on little on the low side but they have great benefits and great culture. I really enjoy my coworkers.
Lack of ethics in recruitment process
sales (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: do you find any?
Cons: anything left over?
The managemnt seems to have a very poor perception on selection process.
They played with the prestige and honour of the prospective applicant while thinking that there is no dearth of candidates in the market to humiliate.
Cannot take decison firmly on the candidate and wasting their time.
Used to send a regret letter even after finalisation with reference – more... check. – less
Overall Good company to get started in
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Overall good company.

Very flexible to work times. not micromanaged.

People are great to work with. High turnaround
Very good environment to work at and good people to work with.
Civil Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 9, 2014
people are working hard and also very social.
nice office to work at.
Productive and worth experience
Field Assistant (Former Employee), Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunch money given in payments
Cons: long hours
Some work was hard, such as root cutting and digging test pits, but feeling acomplished after being done was rewarding.

I learned about my own culture(Aboriginal), because we found artifacts that my ancestors has used thousands of years back.

Co-workers were great, it was great to meet new people on the field often.

Hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours and being exhausted from it after returning home.

The most enjoyable part was getting to experience this type of job, I'd never thought I would have the opportunity but I did and I am thankful. – less
n/a
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), burnabyFebruary 3, 2014
Conducted rare plant surveys and Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping (TEM), recorded vegetation cover and rare plant observations
• Supervised subcontractor to ensure Health and Safety regulations were met
• Conducted vegetation surveys and wetland classifications
• Recorded wildlife sightings
• Compiled data, queried and reported using MS Access and Excel
 – more... Performed quality assurance of field data for high level of accuracy
• Created Baseline Wildlife Habitat Suitability Models, data queries, TEM database and data reports
• Helped to create GIS figures for Parks Canada report – less
A fairly decent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons: stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can – more... be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully. – less
Good environment to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
it was fun
It was very friendly
but it have no job security
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Review
Geotechnical Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2013
Long days, I learned a lot in the time I was there the management is very good everyone working there is really nice
Average Employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABDecember 13, 2013
Average working Conditions,
Long hours, Poor Leadership from the PM
A fast paced, dynamic workplace with wonderful people and amazing projects
Landscape Architectural Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2013
Pros: tremendous team building
Cons: poor wages
Stantec Consulting has helped to shape my future by offering a tremendous amount of support which has enabled me to succeed.
Great pay, terrible management and work environment
Archaeologist (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 31, 2013
The management of this company is in dire need of replacement. They are old and out of touch with modern employment standards to the point of being bigoted.
Ok place to work for
Land Development Technologist (Transportation) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great cad standards
Cons: hard to advance
Stantec is a really well organized with their cad standards, therefore making your job easier.
if you a drafter then you are drafter, it seems a little hard to advance as a designer.
Good Company to work
Water Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Enjoyed working there. My managers were professional, supportive and kind; I learned great deal from them.
Productive and fun workplace with FM radio.
Engineer Designer (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTAugust 24, 2013
Prepare electrical design for residential buildings, load calculations,editing in as built drawings,review manuals.
I learned, how to find information from different sources like co-workers and Internet.
My Co-workers was very helpful.
Hardest part was to spent free time.
I enjoy if I have a job to do.
Fulfilling project work, beware of big company managment
Intern (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioAugust 14, 2013
Really nice office environment with large windows, natural light, large desks and monitors. Enjoy working with co-workers of various disciplines. Encounter many complex and interesting projects.

There seem to be power struggles between different discipline managers over shared work. Because it is a large company, steady pay and consistent raises can – more... be expected with decent performance. Being a in large company also means you are treated as a number. When work got low, there were many layoffs all at once rather than trying to retain the talented people already within the company. – less
Very Stable Company
Resident Consultant / Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
Pros: job security and corporate events.
Cons: less than competative salary.
Stantec Consulting is a very stable company with a well established working protocol and chain of command. The company runs like a well oiled machine.
Oil and Gas division isn't where it's at!!!!
Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2013
Pros: good coffee
Cons: management
Go here only as a last resort. Been there and it once was great but is no longer. Extremely poor management in my viewpoint.
Diverse work environment with a strong safety culture
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours, ability to work on a diverse array of projects
Cons: long hours, seasonal work.
Work at Stantec Consulting Ltd. involves a mixture of field and office work, often with both in the same day. Generation and manipulation of large and small data sets are common activities. Performance of field work requires development of logistical and troubleshooting skills in situations involving limited or remote supervision.

Work at Stantec is – more... often performed alone or in small groups of people coming from highly diverse educational and personal backgrounds. This diverse atmosphere gives employess the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, in many different fields.The office culture is relaxed and informal, with safety being an integral portion of both work and home life.

While field work at Stantec is sometimes the most frustrating part of the job, it can also be the most rewarding. When planned work encounters difficulties in the field, it can often mean long and intense hours spent trying to resolve the complication. The discovery of a solution to said complication is very educational, and satisfying. When a project goes according to plan, or even it doesn't, one of the most satisfying parts of combined office and field work is to see a project through from the very beginning (the performance of the field work) to the completed product (a report for Alberta Environment, or graphs or charts from the completed manipulation of a data set), – less

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more