Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2016
I worked at Stantec for about a year, my team and I came from Dessau, and was treated very warmly by our new co-workers, they were very helpful and patient in helping us with administrative and logistical issues when we were trying to settle in, and from time to time we would talk in the small kitchen.

There's also frequent social events like monthly BBQ during the summer and Christmas potluck.

Unfortunately our team had financial issue and had to let me go.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance, friendly work environment with frequent group events
Cons
Not a lot of cooperation between teams in different sectors, they're like separate companies doing their own thing.
Was a much better company before taken over by Stantec
Field Technologist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 March 2016
I started at Jacques Whitford and then it was bought out by Stantec. Project managers became accountants and we all became a number. Management really is terrible especially in Markham and Mississauga. There is NO respect for people that work in the field.
Pros
There are some good people working there.
Cons
Management.
Generally speaking, a very good place to work. Friendly people but some issues at the top.
Lead Pipeline Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2016
I presently have a contract at Stantec and find working there to be enjoyable and staff very friendly and helpful. Problem is, there is hardly any work there presently.

The oil and gas division is sufering right now and no other part of the company seems to want to take on people from our division...

Again, overall, i would recomend Stantec to anyone....when there is work.
Pros
work out area, freindly staff and atmosphere
Cons
no knowledge of what is going on at the top. What are they doing to get more work.
Productive and fun workplace
Civil Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 March 2016
Great company to work for very flexible to balance work and life time. The management is very good as well. They are very focused on trying to keep employees to stay.
Pros
Flexible, good vacation
Cons
Low salary
Diverse Company
Senior Environmental Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2016
Stantec was a good place to work, The people are smart and collaborate on projects. Most of the requires training tools are provided.
Pros
Very skilled coworkers
Cons
Tight deadlines and long work days
Excellent Organization
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC13 March 2016
Excellent organization. Stantec provides opportunity for interesting and challenging work in many geographical locations. Friendly and competent coworkers in all areas of engineering.
amazing experience working in former companies
CAD technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2016
Using logical analysis ability to solve problems is an very amazing experience. When I did CAD drawing, I always forgot the off time was already passed.
Interesting and proactive place to contribute
Facilities Operation & Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB18 February 2016
I have been used to doing a multi task function. I have supported professional Engineers, Architects, Managers and Technicians by unloading the mundane tasks that waste their time. I am adept in process and quality improvement to make the workplace run ore efficiently. My major forte if anticipating problems and obstacles them removing them before they cause difficulty. System Analysis is
is a function I find satisfying.
Pros
To be involved in the process
Cons
Working without periodic feedback
Friendly & Collaborative Environment
Interior Design Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2016
Stantec spring boarded my career into Interior Design and Business. At Stantec, I had the opportunity to work with many talented and supportive colleagues. The environment enabled people to seek out their potential and move into other areas of interest that built upon their strengths making them leaders and role models among their peers. It was privilege to work at Stantec.
Pros
Support in career
Cons
Salary
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2016
I have been employed with Stantec for nearly 4 years and loved each and every one of them. They are supportive for career growth and work-life balance.
Pros
support career growth
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manitoba7 February 2016
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth.

Structured organization with attention to employee's overall happiness.
Designed with Community in Mind
COORDINATOR, IT CHANGE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2016
This company is very active in the communities they serve and communities where they may be involved in projects.

They support their core values that they do what is right, embrace the highest standards of personal and professional integrity, and the business principles are never compromised.
Pros
Good benefits, great teams
Cons
Can be chaotic
Work somewhere else!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2016
Mississauga was a great family environment but unfortunately we could not control our work flow which was assigned by North Bay head office.

I would not return to this division, hired people and let them go within weeks of employment making false promises and very unprofessional management and directors.

If you have a choice between working at Stantec or another company, choose the other company. Reduced benefits while increasing costs.
Pros
The people in Mississauga
Cons
Management Team/Board of Directors
Competitive salary, great place to learn
Mechanical/Project Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2016
1-Attractive compensation package and benefits
2- Impressive availability of funds/budgets for internal/external training
3-Overall a great place for learning and career development
4- Unfortunately a dull and less than friendly corporate culture
good job archeology
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON21 January 2016
day were the same dig up 1mx1m squares and screen the soil for any historic fragments .

I learned how to identify arrow head and European tools.

Management was very good .

co-workers were very friendly and easy going.

hardest part of the job was being out in the fields with extreme heat conditions.

most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for all the hard work we done.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
physically stressful
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
n/a
Mechanical Co-op stuent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 January 2016
I learned autocad and revit. I had good work life balance. good management, good co-wokers. The work was fun. I had good time working over there.
Good place to work excellent team to work with
Senior Designer - Checker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 December 2015
Was good place to work and people were excellent for the most part. Big contracts with tight deadlines which were met. Was here for a couple of big contracts.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON5 December 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2015
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New to oil and gas industry