Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good environment to work at and good people to work with.
Civil Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 9, 2014
people are working hard and also very social.
nice office to work at.
Productive and worth experience
Field Assistant (Former Employee), Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunch money given in payments
Cons: long hours
Some work was hard, such as root cutting and digging test pits, but feeling acomplished after being done was rewarding.

I learned about my own culture(Aboriginal), because we found artifacts that my ancestors has used thousands of years back.

Co-workers were great, it was great to meet new people on the field often.

Hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours and being exhausted from it after returning home.

The most enjoyable part was getting to experience this type of job, I'd never thought I would have the opportunity but I did and I am thankful. – less
' Pass the Buck' mentality.
Field Engineering/Survey Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, Ca.February 3, 2014
This Company promises to have your back, but when it comes to supervisors and management they'll turn on you! Delivered tons of work on time, within budget and profit only to be kicked to the curb when workload got sparse.
n/a
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), burnabyFebruary 3, 2014
Conducted rare plant surveys and Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping (TEM), recorded vegetation cover and rare plant observations
• Supervised subcontractor to ensure Health and Safety regulations were met
• Conducted vegetation surveys and wetland classifications
• Recorded wildlife sightings
• Compiled data, queried and reported using MS Access and Excel
 – more... Performed quality assurance of field data for high level of accuracy
• Created Baseline Wildlife Habitat Suitability Models, data queries, TEM database and data reports
• Helped to create GIS figures for Parks Canada report – less
A fairly decent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons: stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can – more... be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully. – less
good enough
Staff Geologist (Former Employee), Long BeachJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: lay offs
Good enough for starting out as a novice. Kelly Brown is the best center manager you could ever work for.
Good environment to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
it was fun
It was very friendly
but it have no job security
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
not very well organized, but benefits and pay good
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time for breaks and poor management
I was in charge of IT Support for 6 offices in SW Florida, but based out of the Lakewood Ranch office. Stantec is a public company, and teamwork was lacking.....had to work more independently and that can be difficult to find answers sometimes.
Large corporation with too much red tape
Environmental Restoration Technician (Former Employee), Palatine, ILDecember 31, 2013
worked with great people but company did not provide sufficient shop space to work out of.

Lots of red tape and feel of just another number in such a large company.
Review
Geotechnical Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2013
Long days, I learned a lot in the time I was there the management is very good everyone working there is really nice
Average Employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABDecember 13, 2013
Average working Conditions,
Long hours, Poor Leadership from the PM
A fast paced, dynamic workplace with wonderful people and amazing projects
Landscape Architectural Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2013
Pros: tremendous team building
Cons: poor wages
Stantec Consulting has helped to shape my future by offering a tremendous amount of support which has enabled me to succeed.
Stantec was a fabulous company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 22, 2013
Pros: hours and pay
Did transmittals for the Engineers to submit to the client Kiewit on a major project in New Orleans, LA.
Very nice company to work for
Senior Inspector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2013
The only reason I left Stantec was a $4.00 per hour increase in pay. Other than that, I absolutely love this company!
Great pay, terrible management and work environment
Archaeologist (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 31, 2013
The management of this company is in dire need of replacement. They are old and out of touch with modern employment standards to the point of being bigoted.
Ok place to work for
Land Development Technologist (Transportation) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great cad standards
Cons: hard to advance
Stantec is a really well organized with their cad standards, therefore making your job easier.
if you a drafter then you are drafter, it seems a little hard to advance as a designer.
Good Company to work
Water Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Enjoyed working there. My managers were professional, supportive and kind; I learned great deal from them.
High stress for lower than industry pay.
Geologist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2013
High stress for lower than industry pay. Management concerned with $ rather than treating employees legally right/fair.
Productive and fun workplace with FM radio.
Engineer Designer (Former Employee), Whitehorse, YTAugust 24, 2013
Prepare electrical design for residential buildings, load calculations,editing in as built drawings,review manuals.
I learned, how to find information from different sources like co-workers and Internet.
My Co-workers was very helpful.
Hardest part was to spent free time.
I enjoy if I have a job to do.
Stantec Intern
Intern (Current Employee), Butler, PAAugust 21, 2013
Pros: some free lunches, friendly employees
I am required to fix errors on drawings using the programs provided such as AutoCADD, Microstation and REVIT. Also, I am required to calculate loads on panels and other power equipment such as generators. I use other programs such as excel in order to adjust panel schedules and other lists to make tasks easier. During my time at this company I have – more... worked with other areas of study such as mechanical, plumbing and architecture. Plotting, scanning and emailing drawings are also part of my job description. Everyone is very helpful when I have questions and are willing to help me understand and learn from them. I enjoy the feeling of designing and helping create buildings that will be used in all aspects of life. The most difficult part of this work is getting multiple tasks given to me at the same time but I also enjoy the pressures and the tasks make the days seem shorter. – less

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more