Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent Organization
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCMarch 13, 2016
Excellent organization. Stantec provides opportunity for interesting and challenging work in many geographical locations. Friendly and competent coworkers in all areas of engineering.
amazing experience working in former companies
CAD technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
Using logical analysis ability to solve problems is an very amazing experience. When I did CAD drawing, I always forgot the off time was already passed.
Interesting and proactive place to contribute
Facilities Operation & Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABFebruary 18, 2016
I have been used to doing a multi task function. I have supported professional Engineers, Architects, Managers and Technicians by unloading the mundane tasks that waste their time. I am adept in process and quality improvement to make the workplace run ore efficiently. My major forte if anticipating problems and obstacles them removing them before they cause difficulty. System Analysis is
is a function I find satisfying.
Pros
To be involved in the process
Cons
Working without periodic feedback
Friendly & Collaborative Environment
Interior Design Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Stantec spring boarded my career into Interior Design and Business. At Stantec, I had the opportunity to work with many talented and supportive colleagues. The environment enabled people to seek out their potential and move into other areas of interest that built upon their strengths making them leaders and role models among their peers. It was privilege to work at Stantec.
Pros
Support in career
Cons
Salary
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
I have been employed with Stantec for nearly 4 years and loved each and every one of them. They are supportive for career growth and work-life balance.
Pros
support career growth
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ManitobaFebruary 7, 2016
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth.

Structured organization with attention to employee's overall happiness.
Designed with Community in Mind
COORDINATOR, IT CHANGE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
This company is very active in the communities they serve and communities where they may be involved in projects.

They support their core values that they do what is right, embrace the highest standards of personal and professional integrity, and the business principles are never compromised.
Pros
Good benefits, great teams
Cons
Can be chaotic
Work somewhere else!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Mississauga was a great family environment but unfortunately we could not control our work flow which was assigned by North Bay head office.

I would not return to this division, hired people and let them go within weeks of employment making false promises and very unprofessional management and directors.

If you have a choice between working at Stantec or another company, choose the other company. Reduced benefits while increasing costs.
Pros
The people in Mississauga
Cons
Management Team/Board of Directors
Competitive salary, great place to learn
Mechanical/Project Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
1-Attractive compensation package and benefits
2- Impressive availability of funds/budgets for internal/external training
3-Overall a great place for learning and career development
4- Unfortunately a dull and less than friendly corporate culture
good job archeology
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 21, 2016
day were the same dig up 1mx1m squares and screen the soil for any historic fragments .

I learned how to identify arrow head and European tools.

Management was very good .

co-workers were very friendly and easy going.

hardest part of the job was being out in the fields with extreme heat conditions.

most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for all the hard work we done.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
physically stressful
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 19, 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
n/a
Mechanical Co-op stuent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 11, 2016
I learned autocad and revit. I had good work life balance. good management, good co-wokers. The work was fun. I had good time working over there.
Good place to work excellent team to work with
Senior Designer - Checker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONDecember 7, 2015
Was good place to work and people were excellent for the most part. Big contracts with tight deadlines which were met. Was here for a couple of big contracts.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONDecember 5, 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
New to oil and gas industry
Very good
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
My experience with Stantec was extremely positive all-around. My coworkers were uplifting and cheery and my employers were constantly trying to improve their moral by holding staff meetings and making sure their employees always had up-to-date training in all areas. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Stantec.
Mechanical Engineer-In-Training (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 17, 2015
Great place to work. Well respected consulting engineering firm, with other fields under their umbrella. Many locations.
You dont want to work for them
Civil Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTOctober 13, 2015
They hire on the large volume and lay off on large volume.

Technically company just focus on its own project demand basis and do not consider to invest on its employee.
Stantec is a good company
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
It is good to work with Stantec. more work experience I got there. Fun work place with supportive professional management.
Great people to work with
Receptionist/ Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was I had Great co workers. Wage was good. When things got slow and they started laying people office the people where scared of loosing there jobs and moral went down.