Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good downtown location
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Cons: low morale, focused solely on efficiencies
Underwent a re-brand last year. The new motto was "People First".
By "people" I assume they mean shareholders, as they do very little to support or retain staff.

The organization of the company is mainly "silos" which means groups work in isolation and there is very little cross-training or communication, making it a very inefficient work environment.

The – more... pay is below average. Very few people working there seem happy. – less
Demonstrate Health and Safey leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company Health and Safety policy as well as all client specific H&S
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: make healthy friendship with new co-workers, friends where i am working with
Cons: working in the severe weather condition (-30 degree c, heavy rain, ...)
Maintain a personal utilization target of 90% chargeable.
Continue to provide solutions to PM's on projects that issues/problems arise on. Focus on making sure that all information that is required is completed and accurate.
Demonstrate H&S leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company's H&S policy as well as all client specific H&S policies. – more... Make sue all H&S training is up to date (ie.WHIMIS, POST, FIRST AID, etc.)
Get well along with any co-worker, maintain healthy relationship with any one I have to work with.
The hardest part of the job is working in the severe weather condition (-40 degree C, heavy rain,...especially in up North (Attawapiskat, Coochiching First Nation, ..)
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job completed before due, inform to project manager(s) in the last minute call) – less
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 26, 2014
I have very few complaints about working at Stantec. For my job title I think they are on little on the low side but they have great benefits and great culture. I really enjoy my coworkers.
Lack of ethics in recruitment process
sales (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: do you find any?
Cons: anything left over?
The managemnt seems to have a very poor perception on selection process.
They played with the prestige and honour of the prospective applicant while thinking that there is no dearth of candidates in the market to humiliate.
Cannot take decison firmly on the candidate and wasting their time.
Used to send a regret letter even after finalisation with reference – more... check. – less
Overall Good company to get started in
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Overall good company.

Very flexible to work times. not micromanaged.

People are great to work with. High turnaround
Very good environment to work at and good people to work with.
Civil Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 9, 2014
people are working hard and also very social.
nice office to work at.
Productive and worth experience
Field Assistant (Former Employee), Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunch money given in payments
Cons: long hours
Some work was hard, such as root cutting and digging test pits, but feeling acomplished after being done was rewarding.

I learned about my own culture(Aboriginal), because we found artifacts that my ancestors has used thousands of years back.

Co-workers were great, it was great to meet new people on the field often.

Hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours and being exhausted from it after returning home.

The most enjoyable part was getting to experience this type of job, I'd never thought I would have the opportunity but I did and I am thankful. – less
' Pass the Buck' mentality.
Field Engineering/Survey Technician (Former Employee), Riverside, Ca.February 3, 2014
This Company promises to have your back, but when it comes to supervisors and management they'll turn on you! Delivered tons of work on time, within budget and profit only to be kicked to the curb when workload got sparse.
n/a
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), burnabyFebruary 3, 2014
Conducted rare plant surveys and Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping (TEM), recorded vegetation cover and rare plant observations
• Supervised subcontractor to ensure Health and Safety regulations were met
• Conducted vegetation surveys and wetland classifications
• Recorded wildlife sightings
• Compiled data, queried and reported using MS Access and Excel
 – more... Performed quality assurance of field data for high level of accuracy
• Created Baseline Wildlife Habitat Suitability Models, data queries, TEM database and data reports
• Helped to create GIS figures for Parks Canada report – less
A fairly decent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons: stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can – more... be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully. – less
good enough
Staff Geologist (Former Employee), Long BeachJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: lay offs
Good enough for starting out as a novice. Kelly Brown is the best center manager you could ever work for.
Good environment to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
it was fun
It was very friendly
but it have no job security
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
not very well organized, but benefits and pay good
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time for breaks and poor management
I was in charge of IT Support for 6 offices in SW Florida, but based out of the Lakewood Ranch office. Stantec is a public company, and teamwork was lacking.....had to work more independently and that can be difficult to find answers sometimes.
Large corporation with too much red tape
Environmental Restoration Technician (Former Employee), Palatine, ILDecember 31, 2013
worked with great people but company did not provide sufficient shop space to work out of.

Lots of red tape and feel of just another number in such a large company.
Review
Geotechnical Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2013
Long days, I learned a lot in the time I was there the management is very good everyone working there is really nice
Average Employer
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABDecember 13, 2013
Average working Conditions,
Long hours, Poor Leadership from the PM
A fast paced, dynamic workplace with wonderful people and amazing projects
Landscape Architectural Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 4, 2013
Pros: tremendous team building
Cons: poor wages
Stantec Consulting has helped to shape my future by offering a tremendous amount of support which has enabled me to succeed.
Stantec was a fabulous company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Metairie, LANovember 22, 2013
Pros: hours and pay
Did transmittals for the Engineers to submit to the client Kiewit on a major project in New Orleans, LA.
Very nice company to work for
Senior Inspector (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2013
The only reason I left Stantec was a $4.00 per hour increase in pay. Other than that, I absolutely love this company!
Great pay, terrible management and work environment
Archaeologist (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 31, 2013
The management of this company is in dire need of replacement. They are old and out of touch with modern employment standards to the point of being bigoted.

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more