Stantec Consulting Employee Review

View all Stantec Consulting reviews

Excellent field work experience in the workplace
Junior Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2014
This was my first time working the the field as an employee rather than as a volunteer. I always felt safe to express my concerns and felt comfortable in my work environment.

I learned how to manage my time, how to prepare for bad weather conditions, and the traveling made me a wonderful driver. Also, I become very familiar with the paperwork that needed to be done when environmental assessments are conducted.

Everyday, I was doing something different. I spent a lot of time traveling to my field work, but then also spent days in the office doing paper work.

I learned how to be responsible for myself in the setting of a large company. I learned how to do my own expenses, rent cars for myself, and what was expected in a field environment whether I was working alone or with others.

I enjoyed working with everyone at Stantec. I got to meet and collaborate people on all levels.

There weren't many aspects of this job that I found hard. I felt physically challenged in the field at times, but I enjoyed what I accomplished.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at Stantec was learning the different aspect to environmental assessments, and feeling like I was making a difference in my own community.

Overall, this position trained me to be an exceptional field worker.
Pros
Excellent working environment and a great opportunity for learning.
Cons
My expectations were met.

Other Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

Could be better
PIPELINE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2017
Stantec became one of the biggest engineering consulting firms in North America in last decade. They are in competition with the big players now. You will not be disappointed if you work with Stantec however you will feel there is some place for improvement in terms of corporate culture.
Pros
Exciting projects
Cons
Corporate culture does not reflect the size of the company.
Creating Communities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
the people you work with and the creativity that you are permitted make it all worth it. I get to do things that I am good at as well as learn about things that I am interested in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.