Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good place to work
Design (Former Employee), Calgary ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at stantec was not very good. Not whole lot of scope for advancement. Not adequate compensation for your hard work. benefits are below average.
Great team and enjoyable field work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Goose BayAugust 12, 2014
Pros: working outside, learning about environment and wildlife
Cons: undependable working hours
Each day is different, with unpredictable terrain and weather.
Ok place to work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 10, 2014
Stantect was an OK place to work. While I was there the company was struggling to find work but was still able to be involved in interesting projects.
Professional Consulting organization
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJuly 21, 2014
Professional consulting organization, good work environment
Good company to work for
Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lunch & learn
Cons: perfect working time
Descent work enviroment;
Great group leadership;
Co-workers are descent;
Great Company
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
Great company, poor management.

My typical day includes supporting the corporate learning team with compliance training for the company, acquisition training (communication, logistics, etc.), and reporting.

I also assist with the companies milestone program, and other duties for the Human Resources department.
Senior Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2014
Great group of people, good work-life balance, very reputable company
Supportive Atmosphere/ Great Teamwork
*** (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: teamwork, lots of outside work activities, great benefits.
Cons: shortage of employees in my department...causes a lot of stress for those who are there.
I love working here. My only downside would be that there is no room for advancement in my field. But that was explained to me at the interview. I'm the only person that does what I do at my place of business so there is no where to move to unless I retrain.
Good work environment
CAD Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no much room for advancement
Managing CAD drawings for external clients, pickup and drop off of reviewed drawings from the City of Calgary.
Worst Firm I have ever seen
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits
Cons: management, culture, lack of system
Oil and Gas division is a gun show. The most unqualified team of management, project managers, and senior engineers with absolutely no system in place. If you want some place to make a decent money and get by your day chit chatting and charging clients carelessly this is a place to be. Otherwise it is a waste of time. This is by far the worst firm I – more... have ever seen and worked for in oil and gas industry. – less
Good place to work. Friendly and informative.
Senior Drafting/Designer Technologist (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lot of get togethers and social meetings
Cons: nil
Stantec is a good place to work. Good structural team. Experienced Engineers and Leads
good downtown location
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Cons: low morale, focused solely on efficiencies
Underwent a re-brand last year. The new motto was "People First".
By "people" I assume they mean shareholders, as they do very little to support or retain staff.

The organization of the company is mainly "silos" which means groups work in isolation and there is very little cross-training or communication, making it a very inefficient work environment.

The – more... pay is below average. Very few people working there seem happy. – less
Demonstrate Health and Safey leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company Health and Safety policy as well as all client specific H&S
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: make healthy friendship with new co-workers, friends where i am working with
Cons: working in the severe weather condition (-30 degree c, heavy rain, ...)
Maintain a personal utilization target of 90% chargeable.
Continue to provide solutions to PM's on projects that issues/problems arise on. Focus on making sure that all information that is required is completed and accurate.
Demonstrate H&S leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company's H&S policy as well as all client specific H&S policies. – more... Make sue all H&S training is up to date (ie.WHIMIS, POST, FIRST AID, etc.)
Get well along with any co-worker, maintain healthy relationship with any one I have to work with.
The hardest part of the job is working in the severe weather condition (-40 degree C, heavy rain,...especially in up North (Attawapiskat, Coochiching First Nation, ..)
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job completed before due, inform to project manager(s) in the last minute call) – less
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 26, 2014
I have very few complaints about working at Stantec. For my job title I think they are on little on the low side but they have great benefits and great culture. I really enjoy my coworkers.
Lack of ethics in recruitment process
sales (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: do you find any?
Cons: anything left over?
The managemnt seems to have a very poor perception on selection process.
They played with the prestige and honour of the prospective applicant while thinking that there is no dearth of candidates in the market to humiliate.
Cannot take decison firmly on the candidate and wasting their time.
Used to send a regret letter even after finalisation with reference – more... check. – less
Overall Good company to get started in
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Overall good company.

Very flexible to work times. not micromanaged.

People are great to work with. High turnaround
Very good environment to work at and good people to work with.
Civil Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 9, 2014
people are working hard and also very social.
nice office to work at.
Productive and worth experience
Field Assistant (Former Employee), Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: lunch money given in payments
Cons: long hours
Some work was hard, such as root cutting and digging test pits, but feeling acomplished after being done was rewarding.

I learned about my own culture(Aboriginal), because we found artifacts that my ancestors has used thousands of years back.

Co-workers were great, it was great to meet new people on the field often.

Hardest part of the job was the – more... long hours and being exhausted from it after returning home.

The most enjoyable part was getting to experience this type of job, I'd never thought I would have the opportunity but I did and I am thankful. – less
n/a
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), burnabyFebruary 3, 2014
Conducted rare plant surveys and Terrestrial Ecosystem Mapping (TEM), recorded vegetation cover and rare plant observations
• Supervised subcontractor to ensure Health and Safety regulations were met
• Conducted vegetation surveys and wetland classifications
• Recorded wildlife sightings
• Compiled data, queried and reported using MS Access and Excel
 – more... Performed quality assurance of field data for high level of accuracy
• Created Baseline Wildlife Habitat Suitability Models, data queries, TEM database and data reports
• Helped to create GIS figures for Parks Canada report – less
A fairly decent company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: decent work atmosphere with all required admin support
Cons: stress to get jobs completed on time and on budget
Stantec operates in a highly structured and disciplined environment with tight dead lines. Management is fairly reasonable but some of them require coaching on how they relate to employees. Co-workers are excellent by and large with the odd exception. The hardest part of the job is work/life balance, depending upon deadlines you are up against it can – more... be very stressful. Pay and benefits were very reasonable and the most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment when a project was completed successfully. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more