Stantec Consulting Employee Review

View all Stantec Consulting reviews

Excellent field work experience in the workplace
Junior Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2014
This was my first time working the the field as an employee rather than as a volunteer. I always felt safe to express my concerns and felt comfortable in my work environment.

I learned how to manage my time, how to prepare for bad weather conditions, and the traveling made me a wonderful driver. Also, I become very familiar with the paperwork that needed to be done when environmental assessments are conducted.

Everyday, I was doing something different. I spent a lot of time traveling to my field work, but then also spent days in the office doing paper work.

I learned how to be responsible for myself in the setting of a large company. I learned how to do my own expenses, rent cars for myself, and what was expected in a field environment whether I was working alone or with others.

I enjoyed working with everyone at Stantec. I got to meet and collaborate people on all levels.

There weren't many aspects of this job that I found hard. I felt physically challenged in the field at times, but I enjoyed what I accomplished.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at Stantec was learning the different aspect to environmental assessments, and feeling like I was making a difference in my own community.

Overall, this position trained me to be an exceptional field worker.
Pros
Excellent working environment and a great opportunity for learning.
Cons
My expectations were met.

Other Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

New Skills and Knowledge
Associate / Senior Acoustical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 February 2018
My tenure here on a contract was relatively brief and did not allow for much time to develop much in the way of new business as was apparently expected by management. Management had a vision but no mission as to developing new business
Pros
New Skills and Knowledge
Cons
Management Inattention
Hung out to Dry
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
This was a confusing place to work. I found that I was often told things that were not true, ranging from small to large. An example of a small thing was being told repeatedly that I would be getting two monitors but then that got switched to one. An example of a larger mistruth was being told "there is a lot of work here." One day I showed up to work and they told me I was switching teams and before I knew it I got called into the "big boss" office. He terminated my contract on the spot (harshly) telling me "there is no work here." I felt they could have been nicer to me by being more upfront about things, instead of creating all of this confusion that left me hanging.
Pros
Great pay, nice office, good training
Cons
Confusing place to work, lack of respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.