Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Leading Company in industry
Mechanical Engineer in Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Pros: competitive salary/benefit package, company's generosity to support external training
Cons: dry working ambiance
Leading Company in industry

Competitive Salary/benefit package

Company's generosity to support external training and career development

numerous company events (Stampede, new year, etc.)
Not a good place to work
Design (Former Employee), Calgary ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at stantec was not very good. Not whole lot of scope for advancement. Not adequate compensation for your hard work. benefits are below average.
Great team and enjoyable field work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Goose BayAugust 12, 2014
Pros: working outside, learning about environment and wildlife
Cons: undependable working hours
Each day is different, with unpredictable terrain and weather.
Ok place to work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 10, 2014
Stantect was an OK place to work. While I was there the company was struggling to find work but was still able to be involved in interesting projects.
Professional Consulting organization
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJuly 21, 2014
Professional consulting organization, good work environment
Good company to work for
Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lunch & learn
Cons: perfect working time
Descent work enviroment;
Great group leadership;
Co-workers are descent;
EPC awesome job
Safety Consultant - CMT/EPC (Former Employee), Interpipeline SitesJuly 1, 2014
Pros: was not micromanaged
Cons: too many work hours and work days in a row:(
I was able to learn more on this job in regards to construction coordinating as my coordinator at times would leave me in charge of the site as he went to visit a few other sites we were the Construction Management Team on:)
Great Company
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
Great company, poor management.

My typical day includes supporting the corporate learning team with compliance training for the company, acquisition training (communication, logistics, etc.), and reporting.

I also assist with the companies milestone program, and other duties for the Human Resources department.
Senior Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2014
Great group of people, good work-life balance, very reputable company
Supportive Atmosphere/ Great Teamwork
*** (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: teamwork, lots of outside work activities, great benefits.
Cons: shortage of employees in my department...causes a lot of stress for those who are there.
I love working here. My only downside would be that there is no room for advancement in my field. But that was explained to me at the interview. I'm the only person that does what I do at my place of business so there is no where to move to unless I retrain.
Good work environment
CAD Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no much room for advancement
Managing CAD drawings for external clients, pickup and drop off of reviewed drawings from the City of Calgary.
Excellent field work experience in the workplace
Junior Ecologist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment and a great opportunity for learning.
Cons: my expectations were met.
This was my first time working the the field as an employee rather than as a volunteer. I always felt safe to express my concerns and felt comfortable in my work environment.

I learned how to manage my time, how to prepare for bad weather conditions, and the traveling made me a wonderful driver. Also, I become very familiar with the paperwork that – more... needed to be done when environmental assessments are conducted.

Everyday, I was doing something different. I spent a lot of time traveling to my field work, but then also spent days in the office doing paper work.

I learned how to be responsible for myself in the setting of a large company. I learned how to do my own expenses, rent cars for myself, and what was expected in a field environment whether I was working alone or with others.

I enjoyed working with everyone at Stantec. I got to meet and collaborate people on all levels.

There weren't many aspects of this job that I found hard. I felt physically challenged in the field at times, but I enjoyed what I accomplished.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at Stantec was learning the different aspect to environmental assessments, and feeling like I was making a difference in my own community.

Overall, this position trained me to be an exceptional field worker. – less
Worst Firm I have ever seen
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits
Cons: management, culture, lack of system
Oil and Gas division is a gun show. The most unqualified team of management, project managers, and senior engineers with absolutely no system in place. If you want some place to make a decent money and get by your day chit chatting and charging clients carelessly this is a place to be. Otherwise it is a waste of time. This is by far the worst firm I – more... have ever seen and worked for in oil and gas industry. – less
Good place to work. Friendly and informative.
Senior Drafting/Designer Technologist (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lot of get togethers and social meetings
Cons: nil
Stantec is a good place to work. Good structural team. Experienced Engineers and Leads
good downtown location
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
Cons: low morale, focused solely on efficiencies
Underwent a re-brand last year. The new motto was "People First".
By "people" I assume they mean shareholders, as they do very little to support or retain staff.

The organization of the company is mainly "silos" which means groups work in isolation and there is very little cross-training or communication, making it a very inefficient work environment.

The – more... pay is below average. Very few people working there seem happy. – less
Demonstrate Health and Safey leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company Health and Safety policy as well as all client specific H&S
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: make healthy friendship with new co-workers, friends where i am working with
Cons: working in the severe weather condition (-30 degree c, heavy rain, ...)
Maintain a personal utilization target of 90% chargeable.
Continue to provide solutions to PM's on projects that issues/problems arise on. Focus on making sure that all information that is required is completed and accurate.
Demonstrate H&S leadership on all project work. Continue to follow company's H&S policy as well as all client specific H&S policies. – more... Make sue all H&S training is up to date (ie.WHIMIS, POST, FIRST AID, etc.)
Get well along with any co-worker, maintain healthy relationship with any one I have to work with.
The hardest part of the job is working in the severe weather condition (-40 degree C, heavy rain,...especially in up North (Attawapiskat, Coochiching First Nation, ..)
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job completed before due, inform to project manager(s) in the last minute call) – less
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 26, 2014
I have very few complaints about working at Stantec. For my job title I think they are on little on the low side but they have great benefits and great culture. I really enjoy my coworkers.
Lack of ethics in recruitment process
sales (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: do you find any?
Cons: anything left over?
The managemnt seems to have a very poor perception on selection process.
They played with the prestige and honour of the prospective applicant while thinking that there is no dearth of candidates in the market to humiliate.
Cannot take decison firmly on the candidate and wasting their time.
Used to send a regret letter even after finalisation with reference – more... check. – less
Overall Good company to get started in
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Overall good company.

Very flexible to work times. not micromanaged.

People are great to work with. High turnaround
Very good environment to work at and good people to work with.
Civil Technician (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 9, 2014
people are working hard and also very social.
nice office to work at.

1 2 3 4 5

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more