Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
smart educated coworkers and fun environment
Transmission Line Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun environment, lots of company events
Cons: not transferring people to other sections when a section is being slow
Stantec in general is a good company to work for. Intelligent and experienced co-workers, good job/life balance, decent salary. I learned electrical drafting and transmission line design.
Great work environment - strong team in I&C Department!
Instrumentation and Controls Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Stantec - sad to leave such a great company:( The I&C Department was the best bunch of co-workers to learn and grow with. Loved the flexible hours, ability to fully learn the engineering project life cycle and how the Instrumentation I worked on in the field is designed. Great to have an opportunity to design facilities – more... that would be tech friendly! – less
Stantec designs with community in mind.
Structural Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2014
The Stantec community unites more than 14,000 employees working in over 230 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, and infrastructure projects to life. Our work—professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental – more... sciences, project management, and project economics—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. – less
Great place to work. They are strong in their corporate public trading policies
Logistics & HSE Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
.Overall good place to work. Great flexibility in hours and work locations. Great people.

They have to adhere to strict policies and procedures because they are a publicly traded company. It is easy to get lost as just another number as they are such a big corporation
Knowledgeable and good people to work with.
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 29, 2014
As a member of the Construction Management team (EPCM) looking after Inter Pipelines Polaris expansion projects between Edmonton and Fort McMurray, my role mainly consists of Monitoring, Educating, & Ensuring compliance of Contractor, Stantec & IPF (Client) Safety Management Systems with Subcontractor company employees & Safety personnel.
no comment
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2014
Fast paced
over 260 users locals and 30 off site

work work and work
Leading Company in industry
Mechanical Engineer in Training (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2014
Pros: competitive salary/benefit package, company's generosity to support external training
Cons: dry working ambiance
Leading Company in industry

Competitive Salary/benefit package

Company's generosity to support external training and career development

numerous company events (Stampede, new year, etc.)
Not a good place to work
Design (Former Employee), Calgary ABAugust 19, 2014
My experience at stantec was not very good. Not whole lot of scope for advancement. Not adequate compensation for your hard work. benefits are below average.
Great team and enjoyable field work
Field Technician (Current Employee), Goose BayAugust 12, 2014
Pros: working outside, learning about environment and wildlife
Cons: undependable working hours
Each day is different, with unpredictable terrain and weather.
Ok place to work.
Student Engineer (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 10, 2014
Stantect was an OK place to work. While I was there the company was struggling to find work but was still able to be involved in interesting projects.
Professional Consulting organization
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJuly 21, 2014
Professional consulting organization, good work environment
Good company to work for
Instrumentation Technologist (Current Employee), CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lunch & learn
Cons: perfect working time
Descent work enviroment;
Great group leadership;
Co-workers are descent;
EPC awesome job
Safety Consultant - CMT/EPC (Former Employee), Interpipeline SitesJuly 1, 2014
Pros: was not micromanaged
Cons: too many work hours and work days in a row:(
I was able to learn more on this job in regards to construction coordinating as my coordinator at times would leave me in charge of the site as he went to visit a few other sites we were the Construction Management Team on:)
Great Company
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2014
Great company, poor management.

My typical day includes supporting the corporate learning team with compliance training for the company, acquisition training (communication, logistics, etc.), and reporting.

I also assist with the companies milestone program, and other duties for the Human Resources department.
Senior Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2014
Great group of people, good work-life balance, very reputable company
Supportive Atmosphere/ Great Teamwork
*** (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 24, 2014
Pros: teamwork, lots of outside work activities, great benefits.
Cons: shortage of employees in my department...causes a lot of stress for those who are there.
I love working here. My only downside would be that there is no room for advancement in my field. But that was explained to me at the interview. I'm the only person that does what I do at my place of business so there is no where to move to unless I retrain.
Good work environment
CAD Technologist (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: no much room for advancement
Managing CAD drawings for external clients, pickup and drop off of reviewed drawings from the City of Calgary.
Excellent field work experience in the workplace
Junior Ecologist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: excellent working environment and a great opportunity for learning.
Cons: my expectations were met.
This was my first time working the the field as an employee rather than as a volunteer. I always felt safe to express my concerns and felt comfortable in my work environment.

I learned how to manage my time, how to prepare for bad weather conditions, and the traveling made me a wonderful driver. Also, I become very familiar with the paperwork that – more... needed to be done when environmental assessments are conducted.

Everyday, I was doing something different. I spent a lot of time traveling to my field work, but then also spent days in the office doing paper work.

I learned how to be responsible for myself in the setting of a large company. I learned how to do my own expenses, rent cars for myself, and what was expected in a field environment whether I was working alone or with others.

I enjoyed working with everyone at Stantec. I got to meet and collaborate people on all levels.

There weren't many aspects of this job that I found hard. I felt physically challenged in the field at times, but I enjoyed what I accomplished.

The most enjoyable part of my experience at Stantec was learning the different aspect to environmental assessments, and feeling like I was making a difference in my own community.

Overall, this position trained me to be an exceptional field worker. – less
Worst Firm I have ever seen
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, benefits
Cons: management, culture, lack of system
Oil and Gas division is a gun show. The most unqualified team of management, project managers, and senior engineers with absolutely no system in place. If you want some place to make a decent money and get by your day chit chatting and charging clients carelessly this is a place to be. Otherwise it is a waste of time. This is by far the worst firm I – more... have ever seen and worked for in oil and gas industry. – less
Good place to work. Friendly and informative.
Senior Drafting/Designer Technologist (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lot of get togethers and social meetings
Cons: nil
Stantec is a good place to work. Good structural team. Experienced Engineers and Leads

1 2 3 4 5

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more