Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

• Filing
• Data Entry’s
• Responsible for making posters
• Minute taking in Meetings
• Set up for big Meetings – scheduling them, sending out the invitations and ordering the food
Very nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
Management cares about employees. People are awesome. Office morale is great. Salary is good. Work duties are consistent with skills.
Great projects, talented workforce.
Principal & Sector leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
Developed contract negotiations methodology.
Learning from talented people.
Integrated teams.
Won new clients, met financial targets.
Excellent work enviroment
Geotechnical Tech (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
Pros: Functions
Cons: Top-heavy
Great benefits poor pay.
Awesome place to work, with multiple functions weekly.
My direct supervisor was an absolutely great mentor and friend.

internal promotion/ raises may not always be available due to the large chain of command.

Pay was not great...However, the work atmosphere was amazing!
fun and motivate workplace to be
Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
Pros: lunch and learn
Cons: none
one of the most important thing to work for Stantec is the amazing people that is part of this wonderfull team, I really enjoy work for them
A great place to work
Detailer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: Lots of opportunities to advance, friendly work environment with frequent group events
Cons: Not a lot of cooperation between teams in different sectors, they're like separate companies doing their own thing.
I worked at Stantec for about a year, my team and I came from Dessau, and was treated very warmly by our new co-workers, they were very helpful and patient in helping us with administrative and logistical issues when we were trying to settle in, and from time to time we would talk in the small kitchen.

There's also frequent social events like monthly BBQ during the summer and Christmas potluck.

Unfortunately our team had financial issue and had to let me go.
Was a much better company before taken over by Stantec
Field Technologist (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: There are some good people working there.
Cons: Management.
I started at Jacques Whitford and then it was bought out by Stantec. Project managers became accountants and we all became a number. Management really is terrible especially in Markham and Mississauga. There is NO respect for people that work in the field.
Generally speaking, a very good place to work. Friendly people but some issues at the top.
Lead Pipeline Draftsperson (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
Pros: work out area, freindly staff and atmosphere
Cons: no knowledge of what is going on at the top. What are they doing to get more work.
I presently have a contract at Stantec and find working there to be enjoyable and staff very friendly and helpful. Problem is, there is hardly any work there presently.

The oil and gas division is sufering right now and no other part of the company seems to want to take on people from our division...

Again, overall, i would recomend Stantec to anyone....when there is work.
Productive and fun workplace
Civil Engineer in Training (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Flexible, good vacation
Cons: Low salary
Great company to work for very flexible to balance work and life time. The management is very good as well. They are very focused on trying to keep employees to stay.
Diverse Company
Senior Environmental Planner (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Very skilled coworkers
Cons: Tight deadlines and long work days
Stantec was a good place to work, The people are smart and collaborate on projects. Most of the requires training tools are provided.
Excellent Organization
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Lower Mainland, BCMarch 13, 2016
Excellent organization. Stantec provides opportunity for interesting and challenging work in many geographical locations. Friendly and competent coworkers in all areas of engineering.
amazing experience working in former companies
CAD technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2016
Using logical analysis ability to solve problems is an very amazing experience. When I did CAD drawing, I always forgot the off time was already passed.
Interesting and proactive place to contribute
Facilities Operation & Management Support (Former Employee), Calgary ABFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: To be involved in the process
Cons: Working without periodic feedback
I have been used to doing a multi task function. I have supported professional Engineers, Architects, Managers and Technicians by unloading the mundane tasks that waste their time. I am adept in process and quality improvement to make the workplace run ore efficiently. My major forte if anticipating problems and obstacles them removing them before they cause difficulty. System Analysis is
is a function I find satisfying.
Friendly & Collaborative Environment
Interior Design Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: Support in career
Cons: Salary
Stantec spring boarded my career into Interior Design and Business. At Stantec, I had the opportunity to work with many talented and supportive colleagues. The environment enabled people to seek out their potential and move into other areas of interest that built upon their strengths making them leaders and role models among their peers. It was privilege to work at Stantec.
Great Company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2016
Pros: support career growth
I have been employed with Stantec for nearly 4 years and loved each and every one of them. They are supportive for career growth and work-life balance.
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), ManitobaFebruary 7, 2016
Competitive salary, Excellent employee benefits, Promotion of growth.

Structured organization with attention to employee's overall happiness.
Designed with Community in Mind
COORDINATOR, IT CHANGE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good benefits, great teams
Cons: Can be chaotic
This company is very active in the communities they serve and communities where they may be involved in projects.

They support their core values that they do what is right, embrace the highest standards of personal and professional integrity, and the business principles are never compromised.
Work somewhere else!
N/A (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: The people in Mississauga
Cons: Management Team/Board of Directors
Mississauga was a great family environment but unfortunately we could not control our work flow which was assigned by North Bay head office.

I would not return to this division, hired people and let them go within weeks of employment making false promises and very unprofessional management and directors.

If you have a choice between working at Stantec or another company, choose the other company. Reduced benefits while increasing costs.
Competitive salary, great place to learn
Mechanical/Project Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
1-Attractive compensation package and benefits
2- Impressive availability of funds/budgets for internal/external training
3-Overall a great place for learning and career development
4- Unfortunately a dull and less than friendly corporate culture
good job archeology
Field Technician (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: physically stressful
day were the same dig up 1mx1m squares and screen the soil for any historic fragments .

I learned how to identify arrow head and European tools.

Management was very good .

co-workers were very friendly and easy going.

hardest part of the job was being out in the fields with extreme heat conditions.

most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for all the hard work we done.