Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing team
Electrical project engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2016
My 4 years at Stantec - from September 2012 to september 2016 have been very rewarding. I worked with a team of dedicated professional, always available to share their passion and knowledge. It was an overall great first professional experience. I had the opportunity to develop many skills, in parallel to be trained as project engineer and introduced to business development. Stantec offered me many opportunities I sized.
The company provide a healthy environment, good balance of work and life.
CADD Technician (Victoria) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 25, 2016
Stantec provide a healthy working environment to employees, good benefits and salary, unfortunately it depend to the individual manager that runs the department, some are great and some runs their department to their own benefits. the company policy structure is great if but not followed.
A great place to work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
I worked at Stantec for about a year, my team and I came from Dessau, and was treated very warmly by our new co-workers, they were very helpful and patient in helping us with administrative and logistical issues when we were trying to settle in, and from time to time we would talk in the small kitchen.

There's also frequent social events like monthly BBQ during the summer and Christmas potluck.

Unfortunately our team had financial issue and had to let me go.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance, friendly work environment with frequent group events
Cons
Not a lot of cooperation between teams in different sectors, they're like separate companies doing their own thing.
Generally speaking, a very good place to work. Friendly people but some issues at the top.
Lead Pipeline Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2016
I presently have a contract at Stantec and find working there to be enjoyable and staff very friendly and helpful. Problem is, there is hardly any work there presently.

The oil and gas division is sufering right now and no other part of the company seems to want to take on people from our division...

Again, overall, i would recomend Stantec to anyone....when there is work.
Pros
work out area, freindly staff and atmosphere
Cons
no knowledge of what is going on at the top. What are they doing to get more work.
Was a much better company before taken over by Stantec
Field Technologist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONMarch 31, 2016
I started at Jacques Whitford and then it was bought out by Stantec. Project managers became accountants and we all became a number. Management really is terrible especially in Markham and Mississauga. There is NO respect for people that work in the field.
Pros
There are some good people working there.
Cons
Management.
Excellent work enviroment
Geotechnical Tech (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2016
Great benefits poor pay.
Awesome place to work, with multiple functions weekly.
My direct supervisor was an absolutely great mentor and friend.

internal promotion/ raises may not always be available due to the large chain of command.

Pay was not great...However, the work atmosphere was amazing!
Pros
Functions
Cons
Top-heavy
Interesting and proactive place to contribute
Facilities Operation & Management Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABFebruary 18, 2016
I have been used to doing a multi task function. I have supported professional Engineers, Architects, Managers and Technicians by unloading the mundane tasks that waste their time. I am adept in process and quality improvement to make the workplace run ore efficiently. My major forte if anticipating problems and obstacles them removing them before they cause difficulty. System Analysis is
is a function I find satisfying.
Pros
To be involved in the process
Cons
Working without periodic feedback
Friendly & Collaborative Environment
Interior Design Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2016
Stantec spring boarded my career into Interior Design and Business. At Stantec, I had the opportunity to work with many talented and supportive colleagues. The environment enabled people to seek out their potential and move into other areas of interest that built upon their strengths making them leaders and role models among their peers. It was privilege to work at Stantec.
Pros
Support in career
Cons
Salary
Good people and opportunity.
Instrumentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
Good place to work with a good opportunity for advancement. Managed well with a good life/work balance. Salary is comparable to rest of industry. Job security is always a concern in the oil and gas buisness.
Work somewhere else!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Mississauga was a great family environment but unfortunately we could not control our work flow which was assigned by North Bay head office.

I would not return to this division, hired people and let them go within weeks of employment making false promises and very unprofessional management and directors.

If you have a choice between working at Stantec or another company, choose the other company. Reduced benefits while increasing costs.
Pros
The people in Mississauga
Cons
Management Team/Board of Directors
Designed with Community in Mind
COORDINATOR, IT CHANGE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2016
This company is very active in the communities they serve and communities where they may be involved in projects.

They support their core values that they do what is right, embrace the highest standards of personal and professional integrity, and the business principles are never compromised.
Pros
Good benefits, great teams
Cons
Can be chaotic
good job archeology
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 21, 2016
day were the same dig up 1mx1m squares and screen the soil for any historic fragments .

I learned how to identify arrow head and European tools.

Management was very good .

co-workers were very friendly and easy going.

hardest part of the job was being out in the fields with extreme heat conditions.

most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for all the hard work we done.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
physically stressful
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 19, 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
very good company with great benefit
Senior Pipeline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
good engineering team. good environment to work with good benefit.I have been working in the oil and gas team. Stantec is good place to grown.
Pros
good pay and benefit.
Cons
Very demanding work environment.
Project Engineer - Community / Land Development (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2016
Client driven, fast pace and definitely keep you on your toes.
You can learn lots! the offices are nice and attractive...
Productive and fun workplace
Civil Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMarch 27, 2016
Great company to work for very flexible to balance work and life time. The management is very good as well. They are very focused on trying to keep employees to stay.
Pros
Flexible, good vacation
Cons
Low salary
Wildlife Technician (Former Employee) –  Batchawana Bay, ONMay 6, 2016
Not afraid to help out their workers. Pay was great and the work was fun. One of the best contract jobs I've had. We got a lot done in the short hours because we enjoyed what we were doing
Competitive salary, great place to learn
Mechanical/Project Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
1-Attractive compensation package and benefits
• Filing
• Data Entry’s
• Responsible for making posters
• Minute taking in Meetings
• Set up for big Meetings – scheduling them, sending out the invitations and ordering the food
Not a great place to work for.
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 28, 2016
Not a great place to work for. Do not recommend it for new or inexperienced employees starting out in surveying and engiineering.