Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive fun place to work
Sr. Electrical (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: travel pay
Cons: some out of town work
enjoyable working conditions with tons of opportunity for advancement within the company. great pay and fun people working alongside.
Large company; good place to start engineering career
Controls Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, good place to learn if you're starting
Cons: Too many restrictions, too slow, too risk averse
Stantec is a great company if you're just starting your career as an engineer, or if you like large company culture where roles are narrow and every little task has documentation to describe it and a person allocated to it.

Like most large companies, Stantec is a big ship that is slow in making changes.

IT department is breathing down your neck all the time. Use of computers has many restrictions.

Extremely risk averse, so if you are thinking of bringing the company work, you might have a few disappointments.

Engineering quality is usually very good.
A friendly environment with good benefits overall.
Corporate Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 14, 2015
Typically always extremely busy but also have a good work/life balance. Co-workers are very team oriented, friendly and cooperative.
Better as a smaller company before re-org
Project Coordinator / Environmental Planner (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches, opportunity to work extra
Cons: management, culture, promotion
Bets part of job:

overtime, benefits, flexible work hours and schedule, banked time

Worst part of job:
invisible glass ceiling, poor management, poor work culture
Was a good work place, productive and I gained a lot of knowledge
Survey Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Work hours varied depending on day and job
• Conducted boundary surveys on many communities in and around the city
• Piloted topography surveys for the University of Alberta and City of Edmonton development
• Experience in land surveys regarding industrial pond development areas
• Completed many legal surveys in urban housing development areas
Fun Workplace
Instrumentation & Control Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 25, 2015
An interesting place to be .Everyone is very happy working for this employer.It is an interesting and everyday learning experience.
Friendly non-stressful environment, but you don't learn anything
Air Quality Scientist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, lots of social events
Cons: Weak project management/training
I started working in Stantec as a junior scientist 2 years ago. I liked the friendly environment and flexible working hours. Working from home was also possible. But there was no real plan for training a junior and I didn't learn much after two years. I had to beg for new tasks and nobody really cared about my career plan. Recently I was laid off since there was not enough project works to do, at the same time some colleagues were staying late working overtime on projects!
Place to grow and settle with. Big organization and flexible
Senior Mechanical Engineer- Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 20, 2015
Learned to work independently. I had to lead a team and mentor the newly graduated hires. It has been a pleasure working for Stantec
Drafting mining standards do not follow ISO
Senior Structural Designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: office to office conflicts
Co workers are nice. The office in mississauga is very nice. The company is very large and is building size by acquisition
This is a relatively new company in BC which thrives on oil and gas projects.
ARCHAEOLOGIST/LITHIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: seasonal work
I generally enjoyed working for the company. Their strength generally lies in their benefits programs. Their weakness is their susceptibility to the drop in oil prices which as created massive layoffs in BC and Alberta.
Great company
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 2, 2015
Stantec has managed to provide a small company work environment while still providing large company benefits. I've had the privilege of working for an incredible manager and have an extremely flexible schedule. The culture here is amazing.
A good place to work with knowledgeable people
Senior Fisheries Biologist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: lots of perks
Cons: unstable work environment
I enjoyed working at Stanted. They have many disciplines and lots of learning opportunities in different disciplines
A good place to work.
Technical Writer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2015
A good place to work. There is always something new to learn because they provide such a large number of services. The people are all very educated and well versed in their roles. They take finding qualified people very seriously, even when it comes to student hires.
People are productive and happy because everyone are helping each other.
Project Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: far from my home
Even though the typical day at Stantec is busy but the employees are friendly and help each other. The Scheduler and Project Engineer Leads are difficult to catch to get progress measurement because their typical day consume in meetings the whole day but I have to come up with a way to meet with them so that I can submit the report on time.
Exciting jobs but management is a joke
Senior Engineering Technican (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: exciting and varied project work, some great people.
Cons: the bottom line is all that matters
Some very good people and exciting jobs but management is a joke, they try and say they are people focused when the reality is they are only concerned with the bottom line and a return of investment to shareholders.
smart educated coworkers and fun environment
Transmission Line Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun environment, lots of company events
Cons: not transferring people to other sections when a section is being slow
Stantec in general is a good company to work for. Intelligent and experienced co-workers, good job/life balance, decent salary. I learned electrical drafting and transmission line design.
Great work environment - strong team in I&C Department!
Instrumentation and Controls Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Stantec - sad to leave such a great company:( The I&C Department was the best bunch of co-workers to learn and grow with. Loved the flexible hours, ability to fully learn the engineering project life cycle and how the Instrumentation I worked on in the field is designed. Great to have an opportunity to design facilities that would be tech friendly!
Stantec designs with community in mind.
Structural Designer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 4, 2014
The Stantec community unites more than 14,000 employees working in over 230 locations. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, and infrastructure projects to life. Our work—professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Great place to work. They are strong in their corporate public trading policies
Logistics & HSE Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
.Overall good place to work. Great flexibility in hours and work locations. Great people.

They have to adhere to strict policies and procedures because they are a publicly traded company. It is easy to get lost as just another number as they are such a big corporation
Knowledgeable and good people to work with.
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 29, 2014
As a member of the Construction Management team (EPCM) looking after Inter Pipelines Polaris expansion projects between Edmonton and Fort McMurray, my role mainly consists of Monitoring, Educating, & Ensuring compliance of Contractor, Stantec & IPF (Client) Safety Management Systems with Subcontractor company employees & Safety personnel.

1 2 3 4

About Stantec Consulting

Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North – Read more