Stantec Consulting

Stantec Consulting Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work somewhere else!
N/A (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: The people in Mississauga
Cons: Management Team/Board of Directors
Mississauga was a great family environment but unfortunately we could not control our work flow which was assigned by North Bay head office.

I would not return to this division, hired people and let them go within weeks of employment making false promises and very unprofessional management and directors.

If you have a choice between working at Stantec or another company, choose the other company. Reduced benefits while increasing costs.
Competitive salary, great place to learn
Mechanical/Project Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
1-Attractive compensation package and benefits
2- Impressive availability of funds/budgets for internal/external training
3-Overall a great place for learning and career development
4- Unfortunately a dull and less than friendly corporate culture
good job archeology
Field Technician (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: physically stressful
day were the same dig up 1mx1m squares and screen the soil for any historic fragments .

I learned how to identify arrow head and European tools.

Management was very good .

co-workers were very friendly and easy going.

hardest part of the job was being out in the fields with extreme heat conditions.

most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for all the hard work we done.
A great learning experience
Environmental Technician - Cooperative Student (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 19, 2016
Stantec introduced into the environmental industry by hiring me as a cooperative student. They allowed me to assist in a number of remedial and other projects. I always felt welcome here and the people I worked under were great. The training I received here gave me an upper hand and allowed me to excel in my final year of school.
n/a
Mechanical Co-op stuent (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 11, 2016
I learned autocad and revit. I had good work life balance. good management, good co-wokers. The work was fun. I had good time working over there.
Good place to work excellent team to work with
Senior Designer - Checker (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONDecember 7, 2015
Was good place to work and people were excellent for the most part. Big contracts with tight deadlines which were met. Was here for a couple of big contracts.
Some groups are great but corporate management is cold-hearted
Terrestrial Ecologist and Project Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 5, 2015
If you find yourself there in the right place at the right time, there can be room to grow. But expect to work a lot of overtime. But if you aren't there at the right moment, corporate can be quite cold-hearted and let people go at inopportune times. Just watch out for yourself, and it can be an ok place to work and get some experience.
Friendly work environment
Sr Piping Designer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: New to oil and gas industry
I enjoyed going in every morning and got along well with everyone. Some of the projects were underestimated in terms of the amount of work which made each persons job on the project more difficult.
Very good
Archaeologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 1, 2015
My experience with Stantec was extremely positive all-around. My coworkers were uplifting and cheery and my employers were constantly trying to improve their moral by holding staff meetings and making sure their employees always had up-to-date training in all areas. I thoroughly enjoyed working for Stantec.
Mechanical Engineer-In-Training (Former Employee), St. John's, NLNovember 17, 2015
Great place to work. Well respected consulting engineering firm, with other fields under their umbrella. Many locations.
You dont want to work for them
Civil Engineer (EIT) (Former Employee), Yellowknife, NTOctober 13, 2015
They hire on the large volume and lay off on large volume.

Technically company just focus on its own project demand basis and do not consider to invest on its employee.
Stantec is a good company
Structural Design Technologist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2015
It is good to work with Stantec. more work experience I got there. Fun work place with supportive professional management.
Great people to work with
Receptionist/ Document Controller (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was I had Great co workers. Wage was good. When things got slow and they started laying people office the people where scared of loosing there jobs and moral went down.
Stantecq
Accounting Data Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2015
I loved working for Stantec. The job however was limited in its requirements and I was loosing me skill sets working there. Great company to work for though.
Unneccessary concern for Health and Safety
Archaeological Field Technician (Current Employee), London, OntarioSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: per dium - $52 per day, paid travel time
Cons: long hours, no set schedule, contract work - no job security
This job requires workers to be willing to live in hotels 5-6 days a week and work long hours 10-12 hours a day. It is a physical labor job and requires plenty of manual labor digging holes outside.

I've learned how to work with and manage large groups of people and how to motivate individuals on a daily basis to increase productivity.

Management has put in place unneccesary stadards for PPE which in turn are decreasing mobility, agility and overall the workers ability to do simple everyday tasks. This can be not only frustrating because it is not only decreasing production, worker confortability while performing physical labor at extreme temperatures but is also raising the probability of injury due to mobility restraint and increased worker fatigue.

Co-workers in the field are often given last minute instructions on a daily basis which leaves the field crew acting quickly and responding to instructions promtly. Everyone is friendly and all have common interests for working hard and getting things done in a timely fashion.

The hardest part of the job is being away from home monday to friday.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working outside and staying active.
Very friendly and supportive
GIS Analyst (Project Lead) (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: stagnation in the career after a point
Working with Stantec Consulting was a great experience. I grew professionally. People on the higher level are very helpful and supportive. They know their work.
Senior Mechanical Technologist (Current Employee), ST.John's NLAugust 12, 2015
This is a great company to work with. Good benefits and good working conditions.

Work is consistent and learning opportunities are abundant.

Co-worker are very outgoing
Great people and great team environment
STRUCTURAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great team and family feel to the office
Cons: Lack of work over the past year, Little room for advancement
An easy going place to work. When the work is steady it is great with good management of people and resources. I learned that self motivation and finding places to be useful go a long way towards job satisfaction.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2015
Good place to work and learn about Canadian practice. As expected in such a big corporation, opportunities to grow are limited. Excellent HSE policy and training.
G-O-O-D
Technologist Student, Full time, Seasonal (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Culture, overtimes, corporate perks, decent equipment and solid support.
Cons: bottom line always wins, any extra steps you do are unnoticed
A nice, friendly and stressless environment to learn or work in. Great for entry or higher eng/mgmt positions. A few steps ahead of the government but never pretends to compete with the private sector at all fronts. Constant cadre turnover, branch staff gets to be stolen in whole groups, leaving none of main weight-carrying specialists in the office at the end of the season, and there is no need to come early or run an extra mile at your job as it never gets noticed or appreciated. Lots of safety and culture talk. Overall pleasant, positive experience. Just don't take it all too seriously and chill while off school.