Stanley Black and Decker

Stanley Black and Decker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A very fast paced job
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIMay 26, 2014
Pros: hard work i love doing
Cons: management
At work I've worked in 3 different departments but the department Im in now is classifying where we ship and check parts make sure there no defects. I do everything from making the parts to actually shipping and tagging the parts. Stanly Black and Decker has taught me so much such as measuring, reading blue prints, welding, and much more. The management – more... here is the worse management I've ever seen at any job I've ever worked at. My co- workers are great. There really isn't a hard part in work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. I loved it – less
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMay 16, 2014
typcial work day was fast pace..learned to be fast pasted. mangement was ok and helpful. Hard part about the job was they did not give you time to learn the fast past and expected you to be fast past in one night. Hardest part was to keep up..most enjoyable part was breaks
Management has no business running product businesses
Dir., Program Management & Product Compliance (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits and compensation
Cons: no stability for the product development workfoprce
This company is poorly run from an engineered product perspective. Top leadership does not have a clue of the importance of product development investment over time to assure a relevant product portfolio.
This was a very fun place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee), Trenton NJMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: i really had no cons
I would start at 7:30AM every day Monday- Friday I would call the dispatcher for jobs I would be heading to. I serviced Automatic Doors witch involved a lot of troubleshooting.

I learned how to talk to customers, think on my own, and learned how to work fast and efficient.

Mangers where great they where always around to help out in times of struggle.

co – more... workers where great always there to help you out and gave the best advice

hardest part was revolving doors

The part I most enjoyed was the driving being out on my own working at my own speed (Fast) and always being some where new every day. – less
Fun to work
End-User Product Consultant (Former Employee), Towson, MDMarch 19, 2014
Great management and good incentives, coworkers were good as well. Hardest part of the job would be the sitting on a computer for long periods of time.
A Product Development machine!
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: a lot to learn, a lot of tanlented people willing to teach
Cons: salary purposedly set below industry average
Black and Decker is a great company to work for if what you want is to learn. They have great processes and procedures and people that are willing to teach you constantly. It has a good average age since there are always young people joining the company. This keeps a friendly and active work atmosphere. Unfortunatelly the intense cost cutting measures – more... after the Stanley acquisitions changed things a bit. – less
Stanley Black and Decker
Experienced Dockworker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Signing out your equipment required to perform daily assignment. I would then pull items and stack them on palettes for shipment. The hardest part of the job is reaching an hourly quota (which I obtained daily). The most enjoyable part of my day was the fact pace, which made the day go by quickly.
Productive and great place to work
Government Business Manager (Current Employee), Port Hueneme, CANovember 2, 2013
During my tenure with Stanley Black and Decker I've had an opportunity to work with some of the most successful Territory Managers in the industry.
i hated it
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 2, 2013
they were always delaying our break times. they waited 5 minutes before we were supposed to go home to tell you to stay an extra 2 hours.
Great Management Staff/Work environment
Field Engineer-Sonitrol Trainer (Current Employee), orlando, flOctober 24, 2013
Most days since we support all product in the field we deal with negativity all day. The managment does a great job in keeping things around the office light and keeping the workers happy.
Ok Place to work
Analyst (Current Employee), USOctober 14, 2013
It is ok place to work. Very different from how it was 6 months ago.
Great learning experiences and great people
Lead Help Desk/Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis IndianaSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: great people
Great learning experiences and great people
Typical day at work is working the ticket queue and correcting any technical issues that come my way.
Consolidated Security Solutions
C.F.O, Consolidated Security Solutions (Former Employee), Naperville ILSeptember 5, 2013
Required Confidential.

Partner with Division CFO and Operating Segment President driving acquisition integration and sustaining organic growth. Led business unit including 110 finance associates in all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis, Operations Finance, Commercial Finance and Order to Cash.
Great products and strong people
Engineering (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2013
Tremendous potential to be more than number 3 in the market place
Great products and strong people
Engineering (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2013
Tremendous potential to be more than number 3 in the market place
Pretty good company
Progressive Die Press Operator (Current Employee), Greenfield, INAugust 5, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: no advancements
The pay is decent and management is tolerable but company lacks opportunities for advancement.
Good company that is a great education in management
Strategic Business Unit Finance Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2013
Pros: good exposure to a results based corporate environment, able to garner a lot of responsibility quickly, locations all over the world
Cons: compensation is below average, and quite a bit of discrepancy in pay for equal jobs.
SBD is a company where if you are in the right position, you get excellent exposure as to how big time business is run. With proven competency, a person has the ability to advance up the ranks to manager level quickly.
Great company but unstable management
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 4, 2013
Pros: sales team can set own schedule and routing
Cons: frequent business strategy changes and unstable management
Before the merger with Stanley, Black and Decker had a move forward spirit with tons of personal interaction between management and its field personnel. They are now a numbers driven, management top heavy company that changes sales strategies and management on the fly. At times no one knows who does what and who is in charge. There is a distinct lack – more... of trust of management and quite the division! My co-workers are excellent! They are the grunts of the company on the ground making the sales! I enjoy the freedom of making my own schedule and setting my own hours(mostly). There are now mandatory 6 day work weeks with no over time(work half days). Cost analyst and accountants dictate how the business moves. Cost cutting and outsourcing has created a larger divide. Newly graduated college students are frequently used up until they move on and use the company as a resume builder. Very little longevity in management. – less
Great Workplace, learning enviroment
Research Intern (Current Employee), Jackson, TNFebruary 8, 2013
Very challenging work enviroment. Strict procedures and guidelines
Great Company Culture
Senior Retail Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: got bought out by stanley.
Black and Decker was a great company to for. The people made the company.