Stanley Black and Decker

Stanley Black and Decker Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work...
Manager (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great products, great people
Cons: Company focused on bottom line - not brand and products
Stanley Black and Decker has some of the best employees in the business. Most people are there because the believe in the products the company makes, and devote themselves to making them better. However, upper management need to change their current methods of squashing employee morale and diminishing the core brand values in order to make the company better in the long-run.
Great customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: High turnover rate on managers
The customers are great, High turnover in management . Work/life balance depended upon the manager at the time. The managers liked to make up their own "policies".
NOT ENJOYABLE ANYMORE
Cycle Counter (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 23, 2015
Cons: poor communication
I'M WORKING THIRD SHIFT NOW I NEED A FIRST SHIFT JOB NOW. THE COMPANY HAS MADE SOME MANAGEMENT CHANGES AND THE COMPANY HAS CHANGED NOT TO MY LIKINGS.
na
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: too many
Did not like working in the Shelbyville facility. They take advantage of people and their life. A very greedy company with little or no care for employees.
N/A
Order Picker (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMarch 4, 2015
The company is real great place to work for. My typical day starts with knowing what number of production my coworkers and i have to hit before the end of the night. The management of the place is very good. All managers and leads make sure work is finished.
black and decker
printer/packer (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYFebruary 18, 2015
printing or packing saw blades to be shipped to customers. I learned how to mix ink and use a printing machine and how to set it up. I also learned how to set up and run a packing machine. Management at – more... black and decker was unlike any management I've ever worked for. Hardest part o the job was not having the product to do your job effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
A great place to work
Senior Lead Industrial Design Prototype Specialist (Former Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 17, 2015
This was a wonderful experience. I learned so much from the people and I will miss the job. It was great making and developing tools that will help and change the world around me.
good pay low management
Bihler operator (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MiFebruary 5, 2015
non stop from the time you walk in
til the time you leave
bounce from one machine to the next
i have had 8 superviser in 2 years
good place to work
Floater and machine operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great lunch areas
Cons: short breaks
it has a friendly work environment that you would be happy to work plus you get weekend off so you cant complain. another good thing is the pay.
Great Agency
Production (Former Employee), Holliston, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Diamond Staffing is a great staffing Agency. they found me a great job in production
Great company to work for, exceptional Management, Quality Products.
Field Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New Britain, CTDecember 22, 2014
Visit end users in territory, research information, suggest new products.
Great Production Supervisor
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2014
The Production Supervisor( Brendon Campau) and the Team Leads (Benba Kaye and Robbie Scates) from the weekend shift are awesome to work for they motivate you to work hard because you can always bet that you will get some type of praise or recoginition. they make working there 12 hours in steel toe boots fun.
overall enjoyable working
tool and die maker/ general machinist/ heat treat (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2014
fast pace manufactuing shop.numbers high priority. working 8 to 10 hours working from work orders and walk in jobs. building socket dies heat treating, building socket punches heat treating and grinding. repairing parts for maintenance. very good co-workers everyone got along well.
love what i do
Service Technician (Current Employee), cincinnati, ohioOctober 13, 2014
I work on tools, I repair tools that needs comes in the shop that needs repair or tune up done.
If you like fast pace work environment
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Plymouth, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: - micro managed- very limited time- overwhelmed and over loaded work and with very little pay
I wish I would of knew how this place is! Very micro managed! There are no time to use the restroom, eat or even breath! Make sure you know what you're getting into. This place has a very high turn over rate because of bad management.
Weekend Coordinator
Weekend Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: bonus checks
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Black and Decker was a high paced job that required you to be willing to put forth a one hundrend percent effort. I learned how to work on my own on a daily basis to manage and control the inventory going in to the turret truck isles The co-workers were part of your team who made the job go smooth. Nothing at Black and Decker was hard but getting the job done.
Operations
UPS Logistics and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), North CarolinaAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day would be to prep the stations, generally by making sure all equipment is safe, and the rest of the day would be maximizing time, work efficiently and effectively, to get the production out in quantity and also in good quality.
Good Place to Work
Order Puller/ Forklift Driver/Quality auditor (Current Employee), Rialto, CAJuly 28, 2014
I have learn many things from black and decker, and its a great company.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service/Supply Chain (Former Employee), Fishers, INJuly 11, 2014
Pros: friendly, fun, work environment.
Cons: favortism. cannot get promoted, even though they encourage you to set goals for yourself.
Processed orders for mechanical door security. I learned the mechanics of exit devices, door locks, keys and cores, closures, hardware, and processing orders from a hardware schedule. Management was reactive – more... to issues as they came up. Too many issues resulted in a Kaisen Event. Loved my co-workers, they work together as a team and willing to help/train as needed. The hardest part of the job is remembering all the details including codes, and promos available at the time. I absolutely loved the challenge of the position. It made me a better worker and enjoyed the job very much. – less
A very fast paced job
Material Handler/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIMay 26, 2014
Pros: hard work i love doing
Cons: management
At work I've worked in 3 different departments but the department Im in now is classifying where we ship and check parts make sure there no defects. I do everything from making the parts to actually shipping – more... and tagging the parts. Stanly Black and Decker has taught me so much such as measuring, reading blue prints, welding, and much more. The management here is the worse management I've ever seen at any job I've ever worked at. My co- workers are great. There really isn't a hard part in work here. The most enjoyable part of the job is everything. I loved it – less

1 2 3