Stanley Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for
Service Technician (Current Employee), Noblesville, INNovember 24, 2013
I've been with this company for 6+ years and its challenging and fun at the same time.
Progressive and mentally Challenging work environment
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2013
Pros: utilized my communication skills and challenged with always learning new skills.
Cons: worked remotely with many of my clients
Managed all aspects of Human Resources for the West coast and California. Hands on Manager located within a call center operation. Supported all levels from President to front line employee. Including internal investigations, EH&S program and EEOC responses.
Only for the ambitous
Team Lead of CDIY (Former Employee), New Britain, CTSeptember 21, 2013
Very competitive company, need to be hardworking and ambitious to succeed enjoyed every minute working with my team
made good money
Wire Draw Technician (Former Employee), East Greenwich, RISeptember 21, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: laid off when company left ri
ran machines
learned about production, measuring, but welding
management was nice
coworkers were nice
physical labor was hardest part of the job
money was most enjoyable part of the job
Stanley
Machine Operator (Former Employee), East Greenwich, RISeptember 9, 2013
Stanley took it's business overseas to China. It was a great company to work for. I had been employed there many years and still would have if it weren't for the closure.
Not the best company to work for
slave work (Former Employee), chesterfield miAugust 6, 2013
Pros: paid well
Cons: horrible management
They will work you into the ground without caring at all. Worked ther over 30 years only because they paid well. Was bullied and treated horrible by other employees and management would not do a thing.
ok place to work
Customer Service /Production Clerk (Former Employee), marylandAugust 1, 2013
Pros: no micro management
Cons: to many changes
Was a great place to work until so many changes started being made, job security unstable. Co-workers were team players. Management was great for my division, just depends where you work.
Hardest part was not enough training when changes were being made for new programs. It had too many flaws. Had to learn mostly on own, with support of co-workers.
Enjoyable – more... part good atmosphere and co-works.
Overall Production was good. – less
LAG-Miramar
Distribution (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches once in awhile and always free breakfast on friday morning
Cons: hr, attitude, kill yourself for a week and do nothing for three, management constantly changes direction.
This office has two divisions within it - GEM - Global Emerging Markets and LAG - Latin America Group; if you're lucky enough to work in GEM, you are at executive-level and above, thus, you are set... Where the bulk of the action happens is LAG. If you are in GEM, though, it would be wise to follow some of the principles shown below, as some people – more... in LAG have to support people in GEM.

This office does not follow the order of the merge, in LAG, Black and Decker people overruled Stanley Legacy, so even though there are Stanley Legacy people walking around, B&D rules this place with an iron fist. This office runs Latin America ops and is composed of two distribution centers or DCs as they call them, the main DC and their office location used to be the Stanley Legacy DC, the other DC which is a short walk away is Black & Decker.

This office is overrun with attitudes from management, presentations are filled with graphs no one cares about, the longer they've been here (save a few exceptions), the worse the attitude. DO watch out for psychopathic HR locally. DO fly under her radar screen as much as possible, and trust me, she is watching you! At all times, keep your guard up!

There is NO stability to be had here. Management always changes their mind about a strategy. Lots of fires to put out on a daily basis, here today, gone tomorrow without a PIP (performance improvement plan put in place by corporate to put a stop to on-the-spot firings), direction comes from Corporate but somehow it doesn't get followed in Miramar. DO Document, Document and Document... In writing. Do take notes in meetings, because what you don't write down will bite you in the rear-end! People come and go ALL the time, there is always somebody new here.

Employee engagement committee is composed of HR doing lunches and presentations about pointless garbage no one cares about. DO attend, lunch is free.Breakfast is free on Fridays, fridge has all the diet coke you can drink and all the coffee you can drink as well is free.

Spanish is the main language spoken in this office, it is very strange - Documents and presentations are in English, but meetings are conducted in Spanish. IF you don't speak Spanish, you won't be hired, Period! Unless you're VERY good at your job!

The last week of the month will make you pull your brain out your nose with a coat hanger, as the salespeople make up for lost time during the first three weeks of the month when you sit and do nothing. Your coworkers are subzero cool if they haven't been infected by the attitude disease and will help you maintain your calm while you network and look for another job.

They talk a good game, but don't really realize the reputation they are getting. They are making money, so they don't care. – less
Got along good with my co-workers
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Rialto, CAJuly 26, 2013
Stanley Black & Decker I have gained a great deal of experience both working with my subordinates and management. Pride in my dependability and flexibility to work other areas of the receiving department , ability to communicate, analyze and resolve potential problems at hand. While maintain high personal standards for safety, security and productivity.
Excellent benefits
Header Operator (Former Employee), East Greenwich, RIJuly 24, 2013
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: shorts break
A good place to work, nice environment and a lot of good peoples.
Productive an a great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cheraw, SCMay 23, 2013
Pros: every month without any acccidents you will recieve a walmart give card.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day a work was very outstanding. You go to your assigned machine an start working making sure that you have all of your supplies that u need to assemble that certain knife. Great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end if the day I was able to reach my production goal that I was suppose to reach.
Great (former B&D team,) terrible environment w/new hires
Manager (Former Employee), Miramar, FLMay 16, 2013
Black & Decker was a great company to work for. It really cared about their people. Stanley came in and "merged" with Black & Decker and took a dump on the people that got B&D to where they were when Nolan got greedier that what he was. The evident truth of the work environment is the fact that in the past year, people have been hired and have resigned – more... within weeks or months of being hired. That says a lot about the barbaric management the company has in place.

Your typical day at work consists of constant insults and frequent condescending. – less
I love working at Stanley!
Director (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2013
Pros: innovation, speed, giving back
Cons: can't think of any!
Stanley is a great company to work for. If you're looking for an innovative employer, this is the place to be. I've enjoyed volunteering and giving back to our communities through the support of our leadership team, and greatly appreciate all that this company has to offer. If you're looking for an organization that will empower you to make an impact, – more... you should check it out too! – less
Sr.Credit Control Executive (Current Employee), Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.EApril 28, 2013
My experience at Stanley Black & Decker is a great place to work with a nice peers.Dynamic environment with ample opportunities to learn and obtain new skills. Learned great management skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
Stanley Black & Decker - Great Company
Global Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TX - Work RemotelyApril 22, 2013
Pros: opportunities, fast pace, management
Cons: fast pace can be demanding and invade personal side of things
Lots of great people, wealth of knowledge and experiences to learn from.
Awful Work/Life Balance
CS, Operations & IT (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 17, 2013
Pros: discount on tools!
Cons: bad leadership, high expectations & no work/life balance
Stanley Black & Decker does not create a work/life balance atmosphere for their employees. They make you work required weekends and holidays in a lot of cases.

People are put in management positions that lack leadership skills and there is little appreciation shown for hard work. The expectations set forth are extremely unreasonable. They also make – more... it very difficult for one to move to another department or role if they want to move up in the organization. – less
Great Co-workers bad management
Finance (Current Employee), Miramar, FLMarch 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: bad management and human resources
a typical day at work is very stressful but the majority of low level people is really nice. I have learn so many new things here. the bad thing is that the majority of the management is terrible, is all based in "chemistry" or if we are friends you will be fine if not... well.....
the best is all the nice and hardworking people in the company.
It was not that great of a place to work.
Temp. (Former Employee), Greenfield, IndianaFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: the pay was decent, great if you got overtime.
Cons: the management screamed at employee's everyother week.
I loved my co workers. They were the best part of my job. I was just a temp. You never knew if you were going to be coming into work, just for them to tell you to go back home because they didn't have enough for you to do. Half of my time was spent cleaning the place, becuase they didn't have enough work for us. The management was horrible! I have to – more... say, I've never worked somewhere that had management that screamed at their employee's so much. It was crazy. It made you nervous, wondering if they were going to scream at you next! The pay was decent though, especially if you got overtime. – less
it's just hard to say i enjoyed working for them
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: they took care of or work shoes each year for the company
Cons: they would take some of our hoildays from us after they had the list out.
it's hard to say what a typical day at work would be because of the slow and busy day . i couldn't tell untile they would let us know what the day was going to be like.
i learned alot of thing when i worked for the copmany i enjoyed working there and i enjoyed working with my co-workers and the hardest part of the job was waitting for work to be droup – more... to be pulled and shipped out . the manegement was really nice and understanding . i enjoyed going to work each and everyday because of my co-workers. – less
Enjoyable and Busy work
IT Manager MEA, CRC-Evans Inspection (Former Employee), DubaiFebruary 14, 2013
Learned Leadership skills,
Free SBD university where we can update skills whenever we require.
Teamwork,

About Stanley Black & Decker

Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling – Read more