Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

Satisfactory at best
Canadian Finance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
The Mississauga head office is generally a so-so place to work at.

Pros include decent co-workers, compensation generally in-line with the market and a brand name that external companies recognize

Cons are a bit longer....
-Incredibly incompetent senior management team, specifically in the Canadian finance department with top management generally clueless about even the simplest of finance concepts, along with top management clearly playing favourites (ignoring everyone else)
-US counterparts can be a handful to deal with
-General lack of direction/motivation/long-term vision within the organization...seems to be a month by month operation (strat plan is a joke)
-Forget about career progression here; company is pretty lean and has not been growing notably for a number of years (layoffs, on the other hand, happen on a fairly regular basis)

Long story short, I don't regret my time here but I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone who is competent and has the ability to look for something better at a more dynamic organization.
very large shareholder driven company
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB22 August 2016
Good freedom to develop business models to suit the products / Customers under your responsibility.

Developed better forecasting skills through experiences gained there.
Pros
good professional company, benefits and compensation
Cons
people are not the companies priority
Overall Good Work Experience
Multiple positions (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2016
I learned a lot of transferable skills such as communication, time management, mentoring and leadership as well as hard skills like Warehouse management system, RF scanning technology. Co-workers are fun and friendly. Very Multi-cultural environment! Hardest part is commute. Most enjoyable part: being able to work in a positive environment (most of the time) music is often allowed. Management is wishy washy, too many people trying to be or act like management as well mixed messages get sent. Communication on that level is not that great.
Pros
Provided free lunches, and incentives for doing OT (even above the pay)
Cons
day shift is very early for a commuter, punch clock system.
Inbound Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2016
Cool company to work for. Good management. Organized and clean environment. Offered opportunity for advancement such as forklift/ reach training. Well organized inventory system. Everyone is pretty friendly and willing to help new people learn.
Pros
Overall decent place to work
Cons
Becoming more strict
Productive and Fun work place
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  united arab emirates16 August 2016
Very friendly and supportive environment to work in. Learnt a lot from my immediate boss. A lot of team building events organized by the company to encourage team dependence and efficient working skills.
Very welcoming environment with great flexability.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
The work pace can be very face paced but the ability to balance the job so easily with my personal life made it a very easy environment to adapt to.
Although much of the work can have very little interaction with other employees there is a profound sense that everyone is working together.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great flexability
Cons
Heavy lifting
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Great environment to work in.
Great team work and management.
It was definitely a place that I was looking forward to retiring with.
your efforts and great work were always recognized.
Wish there were more room for advancement
People friendly work environment
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB4 February 2015
A good mix of people, training was provided and learned a lot. Busy environment. The only problem with this company is stayed on too long on a temporary assignment, no benefits, pay was low scale and work load was very challenging at times.
Nice People, a U.S. based company. They are currently ironing out Canada's location at the moment and headcount is being looked at and downsizing. Enjoyed my three years at Stanley. I enjoyed working with Distributors and meeting their needs.
Pros
Busy Environment which I enjoy
Cons
Not Hiring Full Time
A fun and productive workplace.
Branch Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2013
A fun and productive workplace. I've learned invaluable skills that I can now take with me and apply to any future employment. Advancement within the company is quite fast if one applies themself
Pros
excellent employee benefits
Busy and active paced environment
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2016
Very hands on experience and a lot of job responsibilities to help foster individual growth. Co-workers are friendly and the company has occasional special events.
Productive, great co-workers
Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2015
I would start my day with a nice cup off coffee, and show up for work around 6:00am sometimes even earlier. If I am early, I would wait in the eating room and drink my coffee. When my shift starts, I would then goto the back of the warehouse, and see how many trucks we had to unload for the day. We would then start unloading products off of the trucks and stacking them on skids. My co-workers were all friendly people and it made the days go by quicker. The hardest part of the job, would be when you were at the back of the truck it would get really hot. The most enjoyable part would be that we could listen to the radio while we unloaded the trucks and that would also make the days go by quicker.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Heavy products would take much more time.
very productive with a great management team
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2014
shipments come in early in the morning and we are given the purchase orders to receive the shipment.

I've learned to maintain focus at all times at a fast paced work place.

Our management team is great. They allow us to work independently.

Coworkers can be challenging at times, but in general, they are great workers.

Hardest part of the job is giving 110% for a low income wage.

The most enjoyable part is knowing at the end of the shift that I've done an excellent job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
low wages
An energetic, safe environment in which to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On21 May 2014
A company that had periodic and regular corporate and division information sessions between management and staff. Annual confidential performance review between staff and management with open input and dialogue. Health and safety of staff is key. Staff work together as teams of friends supporting each other for the success of projects.
Loved it, but free trade took jobs away, unfortunately.
Material Handler, Black and Decker Mfg, Brockville (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2012
Enjoyed working there, if you were a worker, not afraid to go the extra mile, you were treated with respect. Was like one big family for the most part, and 95% of everybody got along pretty well. Learned so much, got a forklift operators license, and moved into so-called man jobs. Fair place to work as long as you proved yourself.
Great company to work
GIOS- Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Stanley Security-Mississauga23 September 2013
Stanley Black&Decker is the best place to work. The employees are great, good to get along with everyone. They treat the employee well.
Pros
Best environment and the culture to work.
Cons
Nothing to tell so far
had fun on night shift
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON31 October 2014
Good work place
management was helpfull on the shift
co-workers where helpfull
Be careful
Field Marketing Coordinator (FMC) - Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2015
re-structures regularly, and if you haven't proven your worth in 6 months, then your likely to be let go. Didn't enjoy my time at all
Manager and team members are kindly, cooperated
Software Test Designer / Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2013
1. Check email and meeting.
2. Check testing system and overnight result.
3. Start today's work
4. Discussed issues with co-workers, always got useful info.
Great workplace
WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN / FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON24 September 2014
Great environment, co-workers and supervisors very helpful, always busy and fun place to work
Stanley B&D
PRODUCT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 December 2013
we'll a typical day for me at SB&D would start at 7 and end at 4:30. would love to elaborate but not here.

Thank You.