Stanley Black & Decker Employee Reviews

no thanks
Area Account Manager (Price Pfister & Weiser) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2017
great company to work for with great people. had lots of fun with Stanley BD. The culture was great and people were always willing to help each other out
Good company with a good enviroment
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
enjoyable work environment. friendly people. good benefits. good potential for advancement. large company with lots of training opportunity. good location close to major highways
most enjoyable part of the job
Vice President HTS National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON11 January 2017
Working at Stanley Black&Decker provided the opportunity for building long term relationships with both external and internal customers. These relationships are at the roots of my success.
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB28 December 2016
seasonal job, enjoyed working with the seasonal staff. learned a lot more about warehouse jobs. hardest part was working night shifts.
Inbound Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2016
Cool company to work for. Good management. Organized and clean environment. Offered opportunity for advancement such as forklift/ reach training. Well organized inventory system. Everyone is pretty friendly and willing to help new people learn.
Pros
Overall decent place to work
Cons
Becoming more strict
Great place to work with a poor management
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2016
I worked here for three months. Apart from the management, The staff were great and helpful. If it weren't for the managment then I would definitely recommend anyone to apply there. I learned a lot being a product specialist dealing with customers as well as learning different systems such as SAP to view stocks and cash out customers.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Job Security
Overall Good Work Experience
Multiple positions (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2016
I learned a lot of transferable skills such as communication, time management, mentoring and leadership as well as hard skills like Warehouse management system, RF scanning technology. Co-workers are fun and friendly. Very Multi-cultural environment! Hardest part is commute. Most enjoyable part: being able to work in a positive environment (most of the time) music is often allowed. Management is wishy washy, too many people trying to be or act like management as well mixed messages get sent. Communication on that level is not that great.
Pros
Provided free lunches, and incentives for doing OT (even above the pay)
Cons
day shift is very early for a commuter, punch clock system.
very large shareholder driven company
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB22 August 2016
Good freedom to develop business models to suit the products / Customers under your responsibility.

Developed better forecasting skills through experiences gained there.
Pros
good professional company, benefits and compensation
Cons
people are not the companies priority
Productive and Fun work place
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  united arab emirates16 August 2016
Very friendly and supportive environment to work in. Learnt a lot from my immediate boss. A lot of team building events organized by the company to encourage team dependence and efficient working skills.
Satisfactory at best
Canadian Finance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
The Mississauga head office is generally a so-so place to work at.

Pros include decent co-workers, compensation generally in-line with the market and a brand name that external companies recognize

Cons are a bit longer....
-Incredibly incompetent senior management team, specifically in the Canadian finance department with top management generally clueless about even the simplest of finance concepts, along with top management clearly playing favourites (ignoring everyone else)
-US counterparts can be a handful to deal with
-General lack of direction/motivation/long-term vision within the organization...seems to be a month by month operation (strat plan is a joke)
-Forget about career progression here; company is pretty lean and has not been growing notably for a number of years (layoffs, on the other hand, happen on a fairly regular basis)

Long story short, I don't regret my time here but I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone who is competent and has the ability to look for something better at a more dynamic organization.
Very welcoming environment with great flexability.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
The work pace can be very face paced but the ability to balance the job so easily with my personal life made it a very easy environment to adapt to.
Although much of the work can have very little interaction with other employees there is a profound sense that everyone is working together.
Pros
Great atmosphere and great flexability
Cons
Heavy lifting
Entreprise avec un grand roulement de personnel
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC18 April 2016
J'ai travaillé à cet endroit quelques années et je n ai jamais vue un aussi grand roulement de personnel à chaque mois et c'est un endroit non syndiqué donc tout leurs est permis ...
Cons
Non syndiqué
Nice place to work in
Production & Projects Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC31 March 2016
Good company, to work for if you live near by and if your are willing to do a manual labor and sometimes very stressful
Pros
good price on tools
Cons
Old equipment to work with
great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2016
Great environment to work in.
Great team work and management.
It was definitely a place that I was looking forward to retiring with.
your efforts and great work were always recognized.
Wish there were more room for advancement
Busy and active paced environment
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2016
Very hands on experience and a lot of job responsibilities to help foster individual growth. Co-workers are friendly and the company has occasional special events.
etre polyvalent
Technicien (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB23 August 2015
une journer de devait etre a la caisse, et l'autre a la reparation d outils.
Pros
tres bonne renumeration et assurence
Cons
parfois on avait des difficulté avec le système informatique
mauvais environnement de travail
demouleur; opérateur; emballeur (Former Employee) –  saint-hyacinthe,QC9 June 2015
-mauvais environnement de travail, résultat ils sont en quête perpétuelle d'employés
-condition de travail pas securitaire
-aucune possibilité d'avancement
(surtout quand on est minorité visible)
Productive, great co-workers
Truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2015
I would start my day with a nice cup off coffee, and show up for work around 6:00am sometimes even earlier. If I am early, I would wait in the eating room and drink my coffee. When my shift starts, I would then goto the back of the warehouse, and see how many trucks we had to unload for the day. We would then start unloading products off of the trucks and stacking them on skids. My co-workers were all friendly people and it made the days go by quicker. The hardest part of the job, would be when you were at the back of the truck it would get really hot. The most enjoyable part would be that we could listen to the radio while we unloaded the trucks and that would also make the days go by quicker.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Heavy products would take much more time.
environnement travail agréable
Montréal, QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 March 2015
environnement travail agréable
opportunité de développement
Pros
collaborateurs
Cons
n/a
Be careful
Field Marketing Coordinator (FMC) - Edmonton (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2015
re-structures regularly, and if you haven't proven your worth in 6 months, then your likely to be let go. Didn't enjoy my time at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stanley Black & Decker. Our community is ready to answer.