StandardAero Employee Review

View all StandardAero reviews

Productive, interesting and challenging place of business.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH7 October 2013
My workday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) began at the very moment I scanned my work badge in.

Unlocked front lobby window, turned on computer; logged onto MS Outlook and SA Menu.

Answering switchboard.

I sorted out the job files that needed billed that day which averaged 80 each day. After invoicing them, I emailed them and then closed out every job.

Went to lunch (1/2 hour).

Opened up accounting program (Oracle) and started entering accounts payable invoices.

Additional daily responsibilities:
Opening and distributing US mail, scanning, faxing, copying; assisting with travel needs, lunches, organizing meetings through MS Outlook Calendar.

I learned a great deal about StandardAero's day-to-day operations.
Was trained on their accounting program, Oracle.
Their management staff were all wonderful, helpful and intelligent.
The hardest part of the job was only when I first started there and getting to know everyone's names.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I have completed everything that was expected of me to do.
Pros
Monthly All-Hands Meetings (Free lunch, status of SA's financial goals and quarterly bonus program.
Cons
Half-hour lunch period; just goes by so fast.

Other StandardAero Employee Reviews

An incredibly interesting place to work
Customer Account Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
Claiming an engine when it arrives on the dock and being responsible for it through the estimate and overhaul process was an incredibly satisfying experience. A great place.
Pros
town hall lunches every quarter
Cons
pay was on the bottom range of ok
Keep looking
Admin (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2017
Management is truly unqualified right from the top down and don't expect HR to care because they will only provide lip service while thinking there is no problem.

There is a good reason why they are always looking, qualified workers know that they will be better appreciated elsewhere.
Pros
There are some great people there. Sadly, they all get treated poorley.
Cons
Inexperienced management, poor training and a buddy system that ensures you have no future there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StandardAero. Our community is ready to answer.

StandardAero Reviews by Location