StandardAero Employee Review

View all StandardAero reviews

Productive, interesting and challenging place of business.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH7 October 2013
My workday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) began at the very moment I scanned my work badge in.

Unlocked front lobby window, turned on computer; logged onto MS Outlook and SA Menu.

Answering switchboard.

I sorted out the job files that needed billed that day which averaged 80 each day. After invoicing them, I emailed them and then closed out every job.

Went to lunch (1/2 hour).

Opened up accounting program (Oracle) and started entering accounts payable invoices.

Additional daily responsibilities:
Opening and distributing US mail, scanning, faxing, copying; assisting with travel needs, lunches, organizing meetings through MS Outlook Calendar.

I learned a great deal about StandardAero's day-to-day operations.
Was trained on their accounting program, Oracle.
Their management staff were all wonderful, helpful and intelligent.
The hardest part of the job was only when I first started there and getting to know everyone's names.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I have completed everything that was expected of me to do.
Pros
Monthly All-Hands Meetings (Free lunch, status of SA's financial goals and quarterly bonus program.
Cons
Half-hour lunch period; just goes by so fast.

Other StandardAero Employee Reviews

Good culture, abysmal pay
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2018
The company in years past had a small business feel. It didn't pay the best, but the structure of the company and home like feel kept people around. Lately however it feels cold and corporate. Job security is no longer a good feeling and the pay has remained poor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor wage
An incredibly interesting place to work
Customer Account Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
Claiming an engine when it arrives on the dock and being responsible for it through the estimate and overhaul process was an incredibly satisfying experience. A great place.
Pros
town hall lunches every quarter
Cons
pay was on the bottom range of ok

Ask a question about working or interviewing at StandardAero. Our community is ready to answer.

StandardAero Reviews by Location