StandardAero

StandardAero Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management has Illusions of Grandeur
Blue Collar Worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, CanadaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: management has illusions of grandeur
Cons: management has illusions of grandeur
Management has Illusions of Grandeur. This is reflective of the downward trend in sales over the last 4 years.
Good team work
Technician (Former Employee), Tilburg, NBDecember 20, 2013
Pros: high tech environment
Cons: lack of team work
At StandardAero I was responsible for every phase of engine maintenance. Sometimes investigative and sometimes overhaul.
I learned how a gas turbine engine works and the inspection of all components at the detail level. I also repair, balance and built components and the entire engine.
standardaero Ltd
Detail Ispector (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2012
Pros: atmosphere, benefits and job security...also lots of free lunches
Cons: the slow process it takes for you to be able to work by yourself..
It is a very well maintained facility and a close family working environment, everybody is always willing to help you. It is very team oriented and the hardest part of the job is not being able to learn fast enough and leran new skills. The work environment teaches you to take your time and don't rush, they would prefer you do things right the first – more... time. – less
Good place to work.
Avionics Lead Technician (Current Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Professional place to work, with good employees. Well managed with good life to work balance.
free lunches, free sodas, golf league,bowling league
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation lunches
Cons: none . a great place to work and learn
Great place to work. Fair honest management and coworkers. ping pong table free sodas in the break room
Good old boy "bullying" mentality pervades the Augusta facility
mechanic (Former Employee), Augusta,GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: abysmal pay increases for even the best, most tenured employees and a bullying atmosphere in which people are terrified to make a mistake.
An "old southern" type mentality pervades this outfit and,if you're uncomfortable or offended by boorish,bullying behavior from management/supervisors towards employees than you'd best look elsewhere for employment.
Good place to work and good people to work with
Engineer Technologist (Former Employee), Maryville, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible start times
Good place to work.
Good support from top down.
Good people to work with
Productive, interesting and challenging place of business.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2013
Pros: monthly all-hands meetings (free lunch, status of sa's financial goals and quarterly bonus program.
Cons: half-hour lunch period; just goes by so fast.
My workday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm) began at the very moment I scanned my work badge in.

Unlocked front lobby window, turned on computer; logged onto MS Outlook and SA Menu.

Answering switchboard.

I sorted out the job files that needed billed that day which averaged 80 each day. After invoicing them, I emailed them and then closed out every job.

Went – more... to lunch (1/2 hour).

Opened up accounting program (Oracle) and started entering accounts payable invoices.

Additional daily responsibilities:
Opening and distributing US mail, scanning, faxing, copying; assisting with travel needs, lunches, organizing meetings through MS Outlook Calendar.

I learned a great deal about StandardAero's day-to-day operations.
Was trained on their accounting program, Oracle.
Their management staff were all wonderful, helpful and intelligent.
The hardest part of the job was only when I first started there and getting to know everyone's names.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I have completed everything that was expected of me to do. – less
Extremely laxed environment. Easy to get comp time.
Senior Quality Specialist - NDT Level III (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2013
Pros: free coffees and cookies/donuts/cakes anytime. one company lunch every month. company golf, picnics, christmas party ...
Great opportunity to build-up skill and experience for anyone right after high school or after college. This company trains employees that have no skills and it has excellent mid-management training personnel.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Material Handler/Engine Mechanic (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 4, 2013
Cons: not much room for growth or promotions
Day to day assignments are handed out in a daily meeting when you get to work. I have learned about the intricacies of the 731 engine platform. Management is a little callous at times, some shops seem more concerned with micro-managing people. co-workers are really great people to be around with a wide knowledge base to tap into.
Hardest part of the – more... job is some people are not real good at evaluating others skill sets
I really love my job, i have always been a mechanic, I enjoy taking things apart, finding out how they work, and putting them back together – less
NDT Level 2 Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2013
Pros: events for friends and family
StandardAero is a great place to work. Very laid back they really care about their employees as well as the employees families. Co-workers are great people and will help out in anyway they know how too.
Loyal and kind place to work.
File Clerk (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: excellent staff, clean work environment
Cons: short lunch
After one week of work, I had a terrible car accident. Because of my accomplishments in that first week, the company was kind enough to wait on my recovery. They did not replace me. I am convinced of their kindness and character being top notch in my book.
Excellent benefit and great team work
Senior Customer Service Administration (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2012
Pros: good benefits, great work environment, comfortable atmosphere
Cons: nine hour days
My typical work day is extremely busy. My job is to take care of my customers working in a fast pace environment. I work hard to manage my time wisely to complete my job assignments. I have learned how to query information on Excel. I am currently training as a Production Scheduler.My co-workers and I work well together to help support the Power Section – more... Team. The hardest part about my job is prioritizing my job duties when urgent task arise. The most enjoyable part of my job is having every other Friday off. – less