Standard Life

Standard Life Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional environment that empowers people and allows them to provide creative and innovative solutions
Analyste d'affaires (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 20, 2016
During my three and a half year as a Business Analyst consultant at Standard Life, I learned a lot about the processes in financial systems and the importance of integrating different systems together in order to streamline the processes and provide complete solutions that will be beneficial to various stakeholders from the customer service representative who will respond to members' requests to client sponsors and advisors and eventually to Standard Life members.

I have had the chance to work with different applications such as:
1) The main financial application where members contributions and withdrawals are processed, client statements are generated, withdrawals are calculated, rates are updates, and batch programs are scheduled and ran on periodic basis
2) Member and sponsor site where they can consult their statements, make withdrawals, and sell/purchase stock options
3)Customer Relationship Management application that is used for responding to customers inquiries, generating reports, and analyzing customers data that will be beneficial for improving customer satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the projects on which I was assigned and which were different from one another and which allowed me to learn about different parts of the same application or even different applications. Some projects were about evolving the back-end application and others were about the member and sponsor site which required the solution to add or improve the current user interface to give members new features that will allow them to do it by themselves online such as – more... the purchase and sale of stock options, generate online statement, and submit a list of employees contributions on regular basis.
I also enjoyed the different teams to which I was assigned to as they were very helpful and were open to creative and innovative ideas. There was a strong synergy in all of the teams to which I was part of and we were always able to deliver on time and with quality. – less
Good insurance benefits and year end bonus based on procductivity
Représentante service à la clientèle (Former Employee), MontréalJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Team work, business mentality
Cons: advancement opportunities
I really liked Standard Life in general, but when Manulife bought the company in September 2014, my position abolished.
Don't work here, unless you like to work for a government-style organization
Regional Group Retirement Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: no sales focus
Cons: focus on admin vs sales, leadership only interested in own advancement;
very antiquated technology; accomplishments are considered accidental and leadership encourages 'yes' rather than critical thinking. Management seems stuck in the 1970s...
Working at Standard Life
Intern, Product Development (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
Cons: dry work
The office environment is very friendly and fun. Lot's of actives and a in house gym. The work was tedious and uninteresting.
Bad management
senior java developper (Former Employee), MontrealJune 20, 2014
Pros: some great people
Cons: see my review
I had to work on a project where there was always missing resources. I had to do a lot of overtime. There was no time to do proper analysis or design. Everything was rushed. Looking at the existing code it seemed that this has been the culture of the company for many years.
Great company
Senior Advisor, Sales Support (Current Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 28, 2013
Standard Life is a very good company with many opportunities.
Challenging but good benefits
CSR (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 23, 2013
Administer Pension Plan

Load of information

Team work is really important
Good company that is gradually deteriorating.
Former employee - Director (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 22, 2012
Pros: really nice co-workers
Cons: lack of clear strategic focus. management does not walk the talk.
Standard Life is generally speaking a very good company to work for. In recent years, the company has failed to be very clear on how it implements its strategy. Leadership does not walk the talk. Anyone who applies for a job at Standard Life now should regard employment as a short-term project. It appears that random decisions are made and direction is unclear.
Residential underwriting
MORTGAGE CONSULTANT / RESIDENTIAL UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), montreal, quebecOctober 13, 2012
Working for Standard Life was a great experience. Alot of nice people and a growing company.
A typical day for me was to underwriter new residential mortgages to employees that were either purchasing a new home or renovating an existing home. I enjoyed this type of work as it added value to the person that was purchasing the home. They appreciated my efforts. Also I oversaw the daily operations in the department as the supervisor. This also was very challenging. Continuous process improvements were implemented weekly and duplication of effort was elimated.
Associate in accounting and control management (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 18, 2012
Very good work-life balance and learning environment
People are supportive
Resume
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 2, 2012
Pros: career oriented
Standard Life is one of the worlds biggest Insurance company and a leader in the industry.
Lots of potential for growth for the company
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 24, 2012
Pros: gained new knowledge, high work load, great managers
Cons: atmosphere, team
Standard Life is a company that has a lot of potential growth within its competing industry. As a retirement solutions specialist, I gained a lot of knowledge of pension plans and savings plans in Canada. The high volume of work kept me busy and I enjoyed that. As always, I got a long extremely well with my managers.
Compagnie qui avait à coeur la vie de leurs employés
Analyste, Opérations (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Stabilité et grande famille,voici les mots qui décrivent cet employeur
Sécurité de l'emploi/Évolution de carrière
Entrée de donnée/Analyste (Former Employee), Montréal,CanadaOctober 16, 2015
je suis rentrée comme responsable pour les appels des clients et je suis devenue Analyste grâce a mon apprentissage rapide et connaissance...bonne évolution de carrière donne aux employeurs chez Standard Life
les opportunités de développement
DIRECTRICE, CONTRÔLE OPERATIONNEL ET DOCUMENTATION (Former Employee), MontréalSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: J'ai pu grandir dans différents secteurs de l'entreprise
Cons: n/a
Standard Life fût une entreprise qui m'a permis de grandir dans différents secteurs de l'entreprise. La formation et le mentorat étaient très important au sein de l'entreprise. Si l'entreprise canadienne n'avait pas été vendue, je serais probablement encore dans cette entreprise. Elle a toujours permis à ses employés de travailler dans différents secteurs afin d'acquérir des connaissances supplémentaires pour mieux gérer les actifs des clients et de l'entreprise.
Expérience de travail enrichissante.
Associée-soutien administratif (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: bonne ambiance, bureaux spacieux et calmes.
Cons: pas d'avantages sociaux ni de permanence.
Il s'agissait d'un remplacement de congé maladie, bien qu'ayant postulé initialement pour un autre poste permanent, les Ressources Humaines m'ont proposé cet emploi.
J'ai donc accepté, en espérant pouvoir mettre le second pied dans l'entreprise.
Environnement Agreable
Support,Maintenance, Mainframe,UNix, VB.net (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 10, 2014
Collaborateurs Agréables et dispos, Environnement multiplateforme: Mainframe, Unix, VB.net, JAVA, ORACLE, PL/SQL, DatJunction.
Intervention au niveau de la maintenance corrective et évolutive,
culture d'entreprise qui me convient
Analyste programmeur Oracle (Temporaire) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 5, 2013
les opportunités de développement dans le domaine
collaborateurs satisfaisant
travail de nuit aussi
le travail d'équipe est présent
Culture d'entreprise fantastique
Amélioration des processus (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 6, 2013
Cette entreprise comprends très bien l'amélioration des processus, la gestion du changement et l'amélioration continue. Les gens sont très professionnels et compétents.