We are currently recruiting for a Land Agent position to join our Land Acquisition team in Regina.
The successful candidate will negotiate and facilitate crown, mineral and surface land acquisition, ensuring high level client and employee relations.
Roles and Responsibilities will consist of (but not be limited to):
1. Negotiation, facilitation, and coordination of crown, land and surface acquisition files as assigned.
2. Initiation of professional relationships with property owners and others to secure interest on behalf of clients.
3. Obtaining and ensuring required Court, legal and all approvals for files are prepared and in place.
4. Preparation, transmittal, and execution of all land acquisition documentation according to SLC standards.
5. Ensuring existing business relationships with clients and co-workers continue to grow the business portfolio within the existing base, and all commitments and obligations are met.
6. Attend meetings as required and assist with project tracking and reporting.
7. Accurate time-tracking administration and related general office duties.
8. Maintain excellent written and verbal communication with clients, both internal and external.
9. Maintain client contact on acquisition files if required.
10. Travel as required and assigned; extensive travel may be required.
Minimum Qualifications, Pre-Requisites and Skill Requirements:
1. Minimum 2 years of experience in Freehold Mineral and/or Surface Land Acquisition or in a professional legal or other similar environment with relevant negotiation experience
2. Relevant post-secondary education.
3. Valid Commissioner for Oaths (AB, SK and MB) or eligible to become one.
4. Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
5. Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to recommend and implement solutions.
6. Ability to review, interpret and understand agreements.
7. Strong reporting and communication skills.
8. Self-directed with sensitivity to timelines and issue resolution.
9. Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
10. Excellent organization, time management, reporting and interpersonal skills.
11. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a team member.
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 including Excel, Work and Outlook.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Submit your resume in confidence by February 15th, 2013.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for advertised positions. We thank you in advance for your submission, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.