LAND AGENT / NEGOTIATOR (LONDON, ON)
(Job Reference #TLAN2013-13IND)
We are seeking a highly skilled, business-minded, and client-focused land professional to join our Land Agent / Negotiation team.
The Land Agent / Negotiator role is responsible for the negotiation and public consultation related to access, right of way, easement and leasing activities; route / site selection, agreement negotiation, preparation, execution and management. The Land Agent / Negotiator will coordinate, review and execute all Surface Land documentation pertaining to their activities; review files on an ongoing basis to ensure the requirements of existing legislation and regulation are met and that negotiated agreements are accurate; obtaining and ensuring required regulatory, legal and land related approvals for files are secured and in place. Development of professional relationships with land owners, clients and third parties to secure various land interests, and attendance at project/client meetings as required. Accurate time-tracking and related general office duties; maintaining excellent written and verbal communication with clients, both internal and external is required. Maintain client contact on acquisition files if required as well as detailed reporting of land owner concerns. Travel as required and assigned; extensive travel may be required in some cases.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Surface Land Acquisition, Project Management, or in a professional or other similar environment with relevant negotiation / coordination experience.
- Relevant post-secondary education, graduation from an accredited land program, a University Degree or Project Management Certificate and / or equivalent.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to recommend and implement solutions.
- Ability to review, interpret and understand agreements.
- Strong working knowledge of surface related regulatory issues in Ontario.
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong reporting and communication skills.
- Self-directed with sensitivity to timelines and issue resolution.
- Valid Commissioner for Oaths or eligible to become one.
- Valid Driver’s license as extensive field travel may be required.
- Excellent organization, time management, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Preference to those with experience in site acquisition and/or acquisition of ROW / Easement projects.
- Experience with AutoCAD
- GPS proficiency
- Bilingual with excellent verbal and written communication in both English and French
Submit your resume in confidence by Sept 30, 2013,
Quoting position title and job reference#: TLAN2013-13IND
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada to be considered for advertised positions. We thank you in advance for your submission, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. To learn more about Standard Land, visit our website at www.standardland.com.