Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Extensive Knowledge Of Bank Functions
Preferred Relationship Manager - Consumer Banking (Former Employee), PakistanDecember 24, 2014
My time here was very fruitful. I was able to get a working knowledge of multiple departments within the Bank and this enabled me to gather a very well rounded approach to things.
Always had fun when work. It'a nice Co.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), C30April 3, 2014
Really learned a lot in this Co. I worked almost every position in this bank and knew the running in bank. So this was the right person to work as a customer services. The manager was good and team members were co-operated. That's a good Co.
HERE FOR GOOD i like a brand promise
DESIGNATION GRADE 9 UNIVERSAL TELLER (Current Employee), trade tower islamic branch near governor houseDecember 22, 2013
I have learned more in standard chatered bank.I m very enjoying about working in standard chartered .
Sales
Senior Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee), UAENovember 21, 2013
Pros: team work, travelling
Cons: stress
Business Development:

Morning after coffee meeting with the team, Normal discussion regarding product, target market, target and sales.

Review the cases and forward the operation for process.

Mid Day follow up with the sales team.

Evening taking the sales report and the market feedback.
Project Lead - HCL (Former Employee), Kualalumpur, MalaysiaAugust 2, 2013
Challenging projects latest technologies and more options.
Good learning experience
Client Relations Officer (Former Employee), PakistanJuly 24, 2013
Good platform to learn about banking and procedures. Allowed me to learn how to work under centralized operations department.
GOOD
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), CanadaJuly 25, 2012
nice people and good team work easily exists into job team leads helpful
Standard Chartered Experience
Credit Supervisor-Business Power (Former Employee), LahoreJanuary 25, 2015
After spending approximately 2 years in England, I joined Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan in Credit Division as Assistant Credit Analyst. The task was not easy and that was a great challenge for me to work in a different frame of mind, which I accepted and on my performance I was promoted as Supervisor CIU within 2 Months.
Grows People to become leaders
Senior Operational Risk Officer (Former Employee), Accra, GhanaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free fuel
Cons: stretching targets!
SCB is a great place to work where people are turned into leaders in what they do. One is equipped to think outside the box and look at the larger picture. Agreed targets and objectives are stretching yet achievable; and performance is rewarded.
The only good thing is the brand. Unfortunately, it ends there.
New Business Officer Employee Banking Solutions (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the brand.
Cons: everything else.
A typical day at work mainly consist of constant bickering, shouting and often wondering if you will still have a job by tomorrow. Instead of words of encouragement, managers and supervisors always seem to find a way to put you down even more. They call it "pushing", but there is a fine line between encouragement and pushing, and no two employees have the same personality. One might respond different than the other, which unfortunately supervisors and managers fail to see. In turn, you create a perpetual state of discouraged employees. With their hopes zapped and their dreams crushed.

The culture that has been instilled is terrible. They only seem to care about numbers. It doesn't seem to matter how you get it as long as you get it. No importance to customer service and customer satisfaction. They only care about one thing - NUMBERS!

Forget about work-life balance. It isn't happening here. The moment you finish training (which is probably the 2nd best thing after the brand) "work mode" is permanently switched on - until you resign or get terminated. Even as you sleep, you see your boss' face and hear his/her voice. You wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts of: "how to do what they're asking me to do?"

Standard Chartered does not fail in making you feel expendable. There is no job security whatsoever, and those who last longer than a year is changed permanently to someone they did not expect nor wanted to become. A hallow shell of their former self - empty and discouraged.

It is borderline slavery and I'm hoping to save you from it.
work place
banking operations (Former Employee), indiaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: allowences incentives
Cons: na
As its was my 1st job so can tell all positive about the company or to compare with. It is the best environment and work place to work and a rite start
Financial & Management accounting
Regional Finance Manager - MENAP (Current Employee), DIFC building no 1January 16, 2015
• Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting for the MENAP region.
• Monthly business performance reviews and analysis key performance indicators.
• Revenue and profitability analysis across products, segments and clients.
• Proactive costs controls and adherence to budgets to achieve cost savings.
• Monthly financial reporting and adherence to financial controls.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure mitigation of identified control gaps.
• Compliance with group policies to drive continuous business improvement.
• Coaching and developing the finance team.
Productive palce
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Douala cameroonJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free movies tickets
Cons: gossip
Nice place to work i enjoyed my experience working for this company
work station were good
Recovery Officer (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Lahore PakistnJanuary 13, 2015
on the anniversary of the bank last year was fun to remember. I learned many courses like anti bribery, money laundry and many more related to Banking Management was not so cooperative regarding work and always maintain over pressure on employees. Co-workers were cooperative and helpful to each other. To handle extra pressure of the management who doesn't know about the related department, how it works. Most enjoyable park is on only to get salaries in time.
Recovery Officer (Team Leader) (Former Employee), Lahore PakistanJanuary 10, 2015
Good working places but not a good management. Not right man on the right post.very thin incentive packages for contractual employees and no career growth and job security.
well balance organization with providing good opportunities and groooming
Asset sale officer (Former Employee), Lahore, PPBJanuary 8, 2015
co-workers are very supportive
i learn how to handle work pressure
team leader are very remarkable
hardest time when you will no achieve your targets
Good Place to work
Manager, Payments & Transfers, Digital Channels (Current Employee), DubaiJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: learnings
Cons: career progression, regular changes
Standard Chartered is a good place to work at and to be associated with. There is alot of learning on how things work and I believe that they ingrain in one a great sense of responsibility.

Management is good but the bank is in a state of constant change and is difficult to have continuity of management which means that career progression gets stalled and but on back burner.

Co workers are good to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working, learning and developing new solutions to deliver greater results for the bank.
Productive and fun workplace
Functional Coordinator, Consumer Bank Academy (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 4, 2015
A typical day at work would be to take care of the daily requirements of the Training Academy right from stationery and equipment to Travel arrangements of Trainers and Trainees
What I learned from here is Best in Class Training
The Management was good however during my tenure there was no stability since there was a lot of movement and hence would be accurate to give a depiction of the management
Co-workers were 'classy', 'stylish', 'well-groomed' having very good etiquette besides domain knowledge
The hardest part of the job was when there were 3-4 batches of training taking place together required my attention on all the classrooms at the same time
The most enjoyable part of the job was that the trainers were very friendly and thereby my job never seemed lethargic
Senior Service Ambassador (Current Employee), Standard Chartered , Dragon mart branchJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: celebrate everyone's birthday, and gift
a very friendly productive team work enviroment, collegues are helping each other to find solutions to the problems, line manager is very knoweledge and very supportive and helpful, he knows how to motivate staff , the work place is like a family a very harmonony place to work
Standard Chartered Bank work culture, employee benefit is very good.
Assistant Manager-Premium Acquisition (Current Employee), KolkataDecember 31, 2014
Pros: very good environment for working
Cons: i don't know
I feel that I had never suffer from any kind of typically work in SCB.
I have learned from SCB is how convert a customer, account opening process, Customer service etc.
Management very good in SCB.
about co-worker we are create a good team and working together.

1 2 3 4 5

About Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered PLC is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is consistently ranked – Read more

Standard Chartered Bank Photos