Standard & Poor's

Standard & Poor's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
My work experience dealt with maintaining records and dealing with some clients and case managers, delivering files around New York City and documenting movement of files.
Productive and acknowledged/rewarded
Billing Analyst (Europe) (Former Employee), Canary WharfOctober 14, 2014
I learnt a lot throughout my time at Standard and Poors.

I enjoyed working for the company and was always acknowledged by internal customers.

I learnt about billing, had exposure to finance, put together a training package for the outsoucers, was involved with the SOX, recruitment and selection, and testing of new systems.
Was once a good company
Senior Director (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
The focus has changed and several high level managers have been hired from the outside with little knowledge of financial information and they are breaking the company
Productive and Peaceful Environment
Lead Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2014
Pros: well planned project planing, deliverable and friendly environment to work
Cons: very little information will be provided to start with
Dissent place to work, highly techie and challenging. Good learning exposure to learn cutting edge technology and cooperative environment with freedom of sharing ideas, opinions.
professional place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: top 10 working mother company
respectful work enviornment

Great people to work with.

Great flex time.

over time occasionally
Productive and learning environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Pune, MHAugust 27, 2014
A good organisation to work
Good exposure
Good management
Sift roles
Reputable company to work for
Data Solutions & Operations-Sr Data Collector (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for
Health Benefits were excellent
Made many friends while working there
My job was outsourced to India Dec '12
A friendly business form company
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
As an employee at Standard & Poor's you learn from within your department and outside your department. Most important there are groups within the company to help you grow such Toastmasters International, APEX, (Asian people of Execellence)
Executive Assistant nice job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2014
Pros: executive assistant
Cons: no cons
I worked for the vice president & 4 directors a nice place to work
Fun and rewarding workplace
Marketing Assistant /Events Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 12, 2014
My experience as Events Coordinator and Marketing Assistant at Standard & Poor's has been the best position to date.
Excellent company to work for/with
Senior Graphic Designer - Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great area in lower manhattan by the brooklyn bridge, nearby the staten island ferry, oldest part of nyc.
Cons: long commute from new jersey simply due to nj transit problems that occur in fowl weather.
I was very fortunate to have two terrific managers and a really exciting position. Adhering to branding guidelines, I designed, chose stock photos and manipulated for use with stories, created graphs and charts using Illustrator, proofread and edited stories, UI tested for functionality, and digitized the S&P CreditWeek Report magazine for the web and – more... for the iPad.

My coworkers were supportive and fun as well as helpful if I had questions or recommendations.

The hardest part of my job was when Hurricane Sandy hit and we all had to work from home and set up access to remote servers. Things did not always work too smoothly but S&P has a great IT department.

I loved creating, problem solving, and learning to use Dreamweaver to embed audio and video file into the CreditWeek Report magazine. – less
Typical Day
Senior Customer Service Collection Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Answer Phones
Answer E Mail
Aging Reports
Invoices
Data Entry
Stable work environment
Client Development Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2014
Stable, predictable, fun, not particularly challenging work.
Slow and steady work
Associate Director - Credit Lifecycle Data (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
I have been there long enough to manage my own department and have an incredible amount of flexibility. They do not pay competitively.
Supportive and stable workplace
Specialist, Global Management Risk Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
While this company is known for their stability, the role I am in now, while I don't foresee it disappearing, I also do not see it growing. Projects now feel like day-to-day work that must be done every year at the same time and for the same length of time, based on deadlines. However, the deadlines never bothered me. On the plus side, everyone is supportive – more... of one another. This job has also exposed me to several career paths: risk management, project management, business analysis. – less
Utility work with little change
Associate Director (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: it can be a lifelong job
Cons: it can be a lifelong job
I have been at Standard & Poor's for thirteen years and have been promoted over the years several times. The management structure is very tall and heavy. The people that I work with are genuine, good people that do not treat the job as a revolving door but as a career.
Exceptional Place to Work
Associate Director - Servicer Evaluations (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the organization supercedes expectations
Long hours, excellent internal resources, fully integrated systems, regulated entity, fair and impartial organization. Excellent work culture and quality of professionals. People helping people. Team effort, respect, compliance and QA/QC.
My usual day
Secretary (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Standard & Poor's is a great company to work for over all, it is a excellent for working mothers as they are extremely flexible. Day to day varies depending on your title and your responsibilities, for the most part the work environment is relaxed and everyone gets along.
Productive and space to put your thoughts accross and come up with innovative techniques
Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer (Current Employee), New JerseyOctober 29, 2013
Very good company to work for and grow.
Learned a lot of tools.
Management is very friendly and makes you responsible for leading whatever project your part of.
Challenging and productive work environment
Rating Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
Throughout my years at S&P, I learned about the capital markets and specifically structured finance. I became adept at analyzing asset-backed securitizations backed by auto loan, auto lease and equipment lease receivables.

1 2 3

About Standard & Poor's

McGraw-Hill operates by the book, or in this case by the textbook. The company is¬†a leading¬†publisher of textbooks, tests, and – Read more