Stage 3 Systems builds and manages innovative hosted systems for the marine industry. Our challenges are industry wide in scale developed with open minded customers who think about problems and opportunities over the long term. They are open to using technology in new ways and they rely on us to help them make software work for them.
We are seeking talented software engineers to join our team and help us build and run great software services. We build across a range of platforms with an increasing focus on mobile with our global customer in over 30 countries.
Stage 3 is run by a group of people who consider it their job to make our engineers successful. By building and running software services that are innovative, beautiful, fast and reliable our customers are happy and our business is successful. Nothing drives our business more than shipping great code. You will have a chance to learn from other smart team members and shape a company culture that is experienced in giving opportunities to those who participate. We think we're a great place to work and we're spending time trying to think of ways to make it better all
the time. We're a successful, secure long term business.
- Ability to quickly build our concepts into workable code.
- Independent, comfortable asking questions and learning on your own.
- Open to suggesting new ways for the company and our customers to do things.
- Highly motivated to build great software and/or to grow in the business (we're cool if you just want to code as well).
- Interested in client visits overseas (don't worry we won't leave you alone with the customers, you'll always be with a designer and business expert but we believe talking to the customer is the best way to learn what problem they really want to solve and to help you solve it best).
- Maintain high quality code and have an interest in constantly looking at how the company can build better, scalable and sustainable code.
- BS in CS or related field, solid fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and design.
We currently use:
- PHP (Zend and Yii)
- JIRA (or similar issue/release management tools)
We require experience with most of the above technologies. We are looking for great programmers (of varied experience levels) and someone interested in a software opportunity that is not run of the mill consumer programming. We're solving big industrial problems using the very latest
methods and mass market technologies. You will make a difference in how people do their jobs globally.
After we've had a chat with you from seeing your Resume/CV we would need to see code examples, working web sites and other things you've built. We will want to learn what you liked about those efforts and what you'd do differently and why.
We have an immediate need for PHP (Zend/Yii) and node.js expertise so if you have some of that it's a definite bonus. We're open to trying things out on contract but our preference is long term full time employment