RETAIL SALES MANAGER
The Stag Shop is one of the oldest and most reputable adult stores in Canada, serving couples, singles and everyone else since 1972 as Canada’s destination for the latest exciting toys and other fun products for adults! We pride ourselves on having an amazing customer service team and offering name brand products and quality that have kept our customers continuously coming back.
Summary: This career will contribute to the Stag Shop team’s existing success by leading store operations. Your time will be spent developing store management talent, overseeing your team, making staffing decisions and training, ensuring that your store is providing customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction and helping the company with continued growth. You will need to be flexible, organized and demonstrate a high level of leadership while implementing strategy and following the Stag Shop guidelines.
Mission Statement: Providing customers with outstanding service, in a comfortable shopping atmosphere, through our energetic, friendly and product knowledgeable sales team.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
(Responsibilities and job functions include, but are not limited to the following):
- Ensures that your sales team is focused on attaining their goal by motivating them and keeping a positive attitude.
- Leads by example – being a good role model for your subordinates.
- Develops strong teams within your store to deliver exceptional customer service to each customer.
- Drives the implementation of new company policies and procedures by motivating and supporting your stores team.
- Ensure that product knowledge and service standards are excellent in order to achieve and maintain Stag Shop operational requirements.
- Identify problems or concerns, or opportunities for improvement within the store from merchandising, computer to employee issues that may arise.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective communication and operations at the store.
- Understands the importance of inventory control and exercises methods to ensure accuracy.
- Manages with honesty, integrity and knowledge that promotes the values and mission of the Stag Shop.
- Coach sales team by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve overall performance.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by following company guidelines, as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes and demonstrates effective management principles and practices to create and maintain a successful team, resulting in an environment where employees are valued and respected.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Ability to manage the overall operations of your store independently
- Knowledge of retail industry operations and comfortable in an adult store environment.
- Superior organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Effective coaching and management skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Team-building skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Is a self starter and takes initiative
- Proficient in computer skills
Summary of Experience:
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years in retail management
- Strong merchandising expertise at a retail level
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced, customer service oriented environment
Stag Shop offers a competitive salary, flexible benefits and employee discount.
Serious enquires ONLY
Indeed - 4 months ago
Providing customers with outstanding service in a comfortable shopping atmosphere, through our energetic, friendly, and...