The Stag Shop is one of the oldest and most reputable adult stores in Canada, serving couples, singles and everyone else since 1972 as Canada’s destination for the latest exciting toys and other fun products for adults! We pride ourselves on having an amazing customer service team and offering name brand products and quality that have kept our customers continuously coming back.
Summary: This career will contribute to the Stag Shop team’s existing success by leading store operations. Your time will be spent developing store management talent, overseeing your team, making staffing decisions and training, ensuring that your store is providing customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction and helping the company with continued growth. You will need to be flexible, organized and demonstrate a high level of leadership while implementing strategy and following the Stag Shop guidelines.
Mission Statement: Providing customers with outstanding service, in a comfortable shopping atmosphere, through our energetic, friendly and product knowledgeable sales team.
The Merchandiser will ensure retailer sales goals are maximized through effective and strategic product placement. This individual will further be responsible for constructing promotional and seasonal displays according to designated plans and guidelines and will ensure product placement is neat and correctly labelled for customer satisfaction.
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Orientation
- Ensure merchandise is displayed appropriately and strategically with proper signage and shelf placement according to store and manufacturer standards.
- Build and maintain product displays in compliance with company and manufacturer guidelines.
- Assist in developing product placement plans to aid customers in locating required products.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all co-workers.
- Maintain all merchandising standards while rotating products as required.
- Assemble fixtures as required.
- Complete all assigned merchandising functions accurately and within set time frame.
- Price merchandise, and stock shelves and displays according to shelf plans.
- Assist in maintaining store appearance and cleanliness at all times.
- Provide professional and courteous assistance to customers as required.
- Install and maintain seasonal and promotional displays.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Post secondary education in merchandising, retail management, design, or other related field considered an asset.
- 3-5 years' experience in a retail environment.
- Advanced comprehension of industry practices and demonstrated ability to read floor plans and/or planograms.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience building displays and using simple power tools considered an asset.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated creativity.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Able to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, crouch for long periods of time.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel may be required.
"Stag Shop provides excellence in customer service, innovative products, education and cleanliness in the adult industry...